USA
546 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  10:39:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
where

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  10:43:44 AM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
holy shit...that's insane. Glad to hear you're ok.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  10:44:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm so glad you're okay!!! Let us know what the neurologist says.

When you say swooning, do you mean total unconsciousness, or just dizzy and maybe falling over? (Not that either is good, I'm just curious.)

That cop sounds like a jerk. Especially when it wasn't clear whether you were going to be okay or not at the time. I wonder how often he's kept loved ones apart when life is on the line?
Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  10:47:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
before
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  10:49:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also glad to hear you're ok now. Helluva situation tho!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  11:57:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OH MY GOD!!!! I don't know what to say! I am just SO glad you and your girlfriend survived!

I too want to know how things go with the nerologist. I hope you have better luck with them than I did when I was is a car accident about 20 years ago.

I know what you mean by hitting the windshield and having your seatbelt on! The same thing happened to me, only I wasn't hurt any where near to the extent you were. I just know it surprised the hell out of me that I flew forward so far. I hurt my back when I was thrown back after going forward!

I hope you have someone staying with you. With your syptoms you should not be left alone! You will be in my prayers and thoughts! TIMes like these I hate it that we are all spread out all over the country!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  12:41:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm very glad to hear you're safe and all right, Xarr! Damn redneck cops...

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  1:19:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeeze...hell of an accident. Glad to hear your okay though Xar.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  2:32:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good lord thats terrible.

Glad to hear you two are ok (relatively)

so what was the otehr drivers deal, were they drunk or just stupid?

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  2:44:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
why
Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  2:50:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
now
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  3:25:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You must have an angel watching over ALL of you!!!!! Thank goodness you didn't take that sweet puppy for a ride! How devastating that would have been for all of you!

You know if you had not pulled through all this, I wonder if the rest of us would ever know what happened to you. We would have felt the void but would not have known why. And believe me there would have been a void here without you! SO glad you made it through!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  3:37:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
who
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  4:56:04 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Xar so glad to hear you both are OK. I had an accident almost 2 years ago, funny it doesn't seem that long ago. I was hit by a pickup, broadsided with my daughter in the car. He hit her side and it knocked her out. We were ok amazingly enough, but my shoulder still isn't right, We are happy to still be here!
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  6:15:38 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Xar, man, sorry to hear that. Seriously, I hope you heal perfectly. At least you can be thankful that you keep yourself so physically fit, and that in itself probably helped you get less injured, and it will help you heal faster.

If you want, I'll send the first two shows from the DMB tour to you. Not even sure if you like DMB, but I'll send you some music, nonetheless. Pick a couple of shows off my list (in the sig below).

Hope you get better fast!

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  6:36:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my God! I'm glad you to hear you are okay Xar! I hope everything goes well for you at the neurologist. And that's a great looking dog you have.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  9:09:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow, good thing you're allright. And a good thing you didn't bring the puppey, that dog looks like it rocks.

Robots are the enemy? Hmm...
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  11:57:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xar666

Thanks so much for the kind words PJK. Believe me, I realize how lucky I/we were. It has given me much perspective.

Okay, I have to ask. Does this new perspective make you more or less inclined to screw corpses? Or did the girlfriend cure you of that long ago?
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2003 :  12:30:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL!

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2003 :  03:32:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
that's a horrible story but I'm glad that everything turned out alright. I'm not sure I understand how a van gets going that fast in a situation like that and what the other driver was doing anyway. Even so, good to hear that you, your girlfriend, and your puppy are okay.

this is kind of related but interesting nonetheless: another word for a "swoon," which is, as I understand it, a temporary loss of oxygen to the brain, is syncope. I think that's cool because of the connection to the musical term syncopation.

your words burn the air like the names of candy bars
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2003 :  10:42:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flaming Moe anyone?

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2003 :  12:17:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought we'd moved on from the Moes!

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2003 :  3:49:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a horrifying story!! I really hope everyone is going to be OK.
Did you get any word from neuro yet? I can't tell you how much I feel for both of you, but your girlfriend especially!! That had to be the nastiest most difficult thing for her to have stayed behind! I get all in a RAGE just thinking about it. I'm picturing her kicking that F#*%#ing cop as hard as she could in the balls, then an elbow to the face then, running off after you but I'm sure she was too shaken and freaked to think straight. That cop should be booted out on his ass.

It's weird because I remembered you showing us pictures of your puppy awhile back and a few days ago after seeing a really cute JRT. I was going to post and ask you how yours was doing. This is the first I've been to the board since I thought about asking. You really do have someone watching over you!

I'd also like to mention that I hear about this kind of "car almost slamming the side of another car" thing all the time. People tell me they are waiting at a red light it turns green for them and as they start to go forward someone sails thru the a red light in the other direction. I've also seen it and had it almost happen to me on numerous occasions. Some people just really shouldn't be allowed to drive!!!!!

I hope you both are getting better. You really do have someone watching over you!
Keep us posted.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2003 :  01:35:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I thought we'd moved on from the Moes!

phht* Never!

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  01:41:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay Xar, it has been a week since you posted this. I hope you are well. Honestly I didn't like the way you were describing how you were feeling. Just want you to know if you are reading this that I am sending more good vibes and prayers your way!

You know it got me to thinking that it would be nice if we all had a back up for the board. I know I really care about so many of you and if something happened to any of you I would be devastated. I know I wouldn't just want to go on forever wondering what happened, why someone suddenly stopped posting. I was saying something about that to my daughter and she said she would post on the board if something bad happened to me. I decided to ask a friend to do that because if something did happen to me, my daughter would be too freaked out to post anything.

I really hope you are doing better, Xar! Please give us an update!

Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2003 :  6:09:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2003 :  9:35:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoa Xar! What does the doctor say about your head injuries? It sounds like there is something still going on. That swooning as you call it, seems like serious shit! Wasn't the doctor concerned about that? You really shouldn't be alone. You are lucky it was only your car that got smashed up! Damn, and the stairs! Please be careful!

Thanks for the update. I just wish it wasn't such a bummer of an update. Again, you are in my prayers! All the good vibes I can muster are going your way! Take care of yourself and keep us informed.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  1:56:29 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
damn xarr... that is a crazy story, I know it's been said already but I'm glad to hear you are (for the most part) OK. A broken arm is nothing compared to what could have happened. I get very nervous driving, especcially on the LA freeways, it just amazes me at how many people don't really know how to drive. Just glad to hear that you are ok though.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2003 :  5:03:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear you survived the experience as well as you did. I was gonna mention that a similar thing happened to LizT, but seems she already shared her experience above. Glad you are still here to tell us about it and glad it wasn't worse. It really could have been.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  05:44:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do believe it is TIMe for an update Xar! PLEASE?????

Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2003 :  8:21:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2003 :  1:25:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Xar man... damn. Glad you are OK. I hope you have a speedy recovery. It's the kind of thing you hear about but hope it never hits close to home. As long as you and yours are allright though, that's what's important.

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2010 :  09:43:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I assumed you recovered completely as you're back here again. Hope the dog is still good!

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000