A fun one to read over at Nancies.org
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2003 :  1:17:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I found myself laughing out loud all the way thru. I must admit it is pretty civil(except for a few visits by the TR Task Force)and actually has alot of nice things to say about TR. Although in the second post I think, someone mentions TR's falling out with the band. When will this silly rumor ever be put to rest. LOL

Check it out:

http://nancies.org/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143793

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2003 :  1:28:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a few more reasons why I generally hate Nancies.org and the other boards, and have an overall dislike of Dave Matthews Bands fans. What a bunch of fucking idiots. Just because Dave referred to Tim as Timmy once, every dumb ass does to.

Sorry, Nancies.org makes me angry and raises my blood pressure.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2003 :  1:53:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
already been on it like fat man on a hot dog!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2003 :  1:55:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I threw my word in there too.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2003 :  1:58:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know TR doesn't like being called "Timmy" or "Timmah", but I get the distinct feeling that some of the fans get more bent out of shape about it that TR actually does. Kinda makes me laugh in a silly girlie kinda way. hehe For me it just comes down to respect, I was always taught to respect someones feelings and wishes especially if it has no direct effect on you by honoring their wishes. But hey, thats just me!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2003 :  3:00:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

I know TR doesn't like being called "Timmy" or "Timmah", but I get the distinct feeling that some of the fans get more bent out of shape about it that TR actually does. Kinda makes me laugh in a silly girlie kinda way. hehe For me it just comes down to respect, I was always taught to respect someones feelings and wishes especially if it has no direct effect on you by honoring their wishes. But hey, thats just me!

i used to. but you know what, I got over it.

I dont know if you ugys are into Norse mythology, but I think its facinating. There was a story about Thor visiting te land of the giants. He was given three tasks to test how strong he really was. the first was to drink water from a goblet, to see if he can finnish in one pull. He failed to even make the water go down slightly the first time, and the second time hemade it go down only a small amount. The next task was to wrestle a decrepid old hag. Try as he would, he faild to bring her down. The third task was a race to finnish off a long table filled with food, against a foe. they both finnished at the same time, yet Thor left bones and scraps while his openents plates were cleaned completely. Thor was taken out of the city, only to be told that the Goblet of water was actualy the sea, and that he had managed to lower the sea tremendously in his efforts. The old hag was really Time, and though he would ultimatly lose, his battle was still valient. And the third foe was really fire, able to consume all within its path. Angry, thor would try to return, but could never find the city again.

Going against the DMB community on anything is like the tests Thor was given by the giants. You may make an impression, but its meaningless.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Waldo
Is Anybody Here?

13 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2003 :  5:40:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Waldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got yer back.

But don't blame nancies.org. We've got tens of thousands of people that post on the discussion boards -- it's hardly fair to discredit those of us that run the site, or the rest of the community, because a few people don't know a sufficient amount about Tim.

Waldo Jaquith
waldo@nancies.org
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2003 :  6:24:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Waldo,

I mean no offense to the people who run Nancies.org itself. I think you guys do a great job staying on top of news and everything else, the message boards are the only part I really don't like. Not because they are ill run or anything of the sort. Some of the people just really bother me enough to the point where I don't care to visit the board often.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Waldo
Is Anybody Here?

13 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2003 :  6:58:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Waldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

Some of the people just really bother me enough to the point where I don't care to visit the board often.

I can't very well argue with that. :)

Thanks, as always, for keeping people straight on TR!

Waldo Jaquith
waldo@nancies.org
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2003 :  7:42:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hows it going, Waldo? did the "war" against you slow down a bit?

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Waldo
Is Anybody Here?

13 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2003 :  12:21:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Waldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erich

hows it going, Waldo? did the "war" against you slow down a bit?

More or less. :) A handful of people remain convinced that I am Waldo The Powerful who went back in time and shut down some guy's t-shirt bootlegging business. It's flattering, I suppose. I'm thinking about going back in time and shorting some Enron stock. All is otherwise well, having moved from Charlottesville to Blacksburg a couple of weeks ago, and preparing to become The World's Oldest Freshman(tm) come Monday. :)

Waldo Jaquith
waldo@nancies.org
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2003 :  01:01:50 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i like nancies.org. a bunch of riduculous rumors that everyone believes. hilarious. i might start posting some doosies there, myself.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2003 :  04:34:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Waldo, great to see ya visiting us over on this side of the internet again! Thanx for having our backs, great to know we have friends in high places. Hope all is going well with you and good luck with school.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2003 :  01:34:29 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You know what I've found intriguing since I began seeking out info on DMB online? The sheer immaturity of a lot of the fans. I'm not talking about the "Timmy" references and what not, but just in general. I mean, if you look at it on paper, you'd think that DMB and/or TR would be a more "adult oriented" band. Then you go over to nancies or ants or whatever, and while there are a number of worthwhile discussions, a lot of it is pure nonsense. It just strikes me as weird that a band that has its roots in jazz gets so many tools for "fans". I really expected that I'd be able to avoid fans like those when trying to have decent conversations about the band, but I guess it wasn't to be. The similarity to teenage pop band fans is pretty apparent.

Granted, a lot of it comes from the fact that Everyday was a pretty poppy album and they've been a much bigger prescence media wise...but a lot of those punks were around prior to Everyday. I guess I had expected that with the relative intelligence that DMB/TR's music takes to appreciate, the fanbase would be great. TR's is almost entirely great, so I guess I'm inclined to think that when a band becomes even slightly mainstream, the influx of idiots is automatic. It's a damn shame.

James

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2003 :  05:16:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol.

I just went and finished reading the full post. Thanks for the back up Mando Brother VWF!

Heh. From the post:
quote:
Originally posted by WhatYouAreLS
Is there any importence about Arthen person, is he specail for some reason. Thanks...

Well, my mom always told me I was special!

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2003 :  06:15:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And she was right!!! And you're SPECIAL to us too!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2003 :  12:09:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arthen, I saw that and I was so tempted to write something like "You don't know who Arthen is???? Oh my god! Wait, Arthen is god! He knows everything about TIM REYNOLDS!!! etc etc hehehehe

You know what I hate about Nancies? They have this obsession with DMB and who is the best fan. It is so dumb. I am just too old to care who is a bigger fan of anyone. Honestly what does it matter? I am just thrilled to talk to anyone who likes the same musicians I do, I never even think to ask how long they were into the music.

Acually I took one of their "tests" once and flunked with flying colors. I like DMB's music but have no clue who they are married to, what car they drive, what their favorite anything is. All I know is their music. I think my only point was the fact that I have been in Va before, hehehe.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2003 :  1:36:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jhahah, i figured i would back you up arthen!!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2003 :  3:39:24 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i agree. that's the problem with a lot of fans. they get too caught up in fandom and in "the scene." the botton line is, who cares. it's just not cool to let a scene or fanbase get in the way of liking a band. the music is all that matters.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2003 :  5:17:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am the all mighty and powerful ARTHEN! Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2003 :  5:53:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Rumors of a great one named Arthen spread throughout the land, I fear he has control over the one they call "Tim." Great power is wielded through his boomstick which contains great power. Run children! RUN!!!!

Robots are the enemy? Hmm...
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2003 :  6:42:09 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
one arthen to rule them all.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2003 :  9:11:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I do have a boomstick, but I report to "Tim" and his Lieutenient, Fluffy.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Muskrat
Chatterbox

USA
266 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  6:43:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Muskrat's Homepage  Send Muskrat an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
You know what I've found intriguing since I began seeking out info on DMB online? The sheer immaturity of a lot of the fans. I'm not talking about the "Timmy" references and what not, but just in general. I mean, if you look at it on paper, you'd think that DMB and/or TR would be a more "adult oriented" band. Then you go over to nancies or ants or whatever, and while there are a number of worthwhile discussions, a lot of it is pure nonsense.

roflmao and we're mature oh that's a good one... lol I think that's 'nuff said.

"You know, if you live long enough, eventually you're gonna die." -Words of wisdom from my dad
Go to Top of Page

Muskrat
Chatterbox

USA
266 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  09:06:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Muskrat's Homepage  Send Muskrat an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok ok I take it back... they are pretty ignorant hehe

"You know, if you live long enough, eventually you're gonna die." -Words of wisdom from my dad
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000