New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2003 :  08:32:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well all I can say is they really put all their energy into a show! It was a great concert and I am really glad I went. They played my favorite songs, Cry Freedom, Two Step, and JimmiThing. Some that I am not too fond of, When The World Ends and Crash, but hey isn't that how it is with most concerts, some favorites, some not so favorite?

The only bad thing was the damn girls in back of us who talked through every song! After each song the one would yell "Fuck yeah" and I felt like how the hell can you say that when you talked the entire song! The guys next to me got plastered and actually provided extra entertainment. The one couldn't even walk after the show!hehe

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2003 :  12:51:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wasn't Jimi Thing funky as hell? Did he do the awesome scat stuff?

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2003 :  12:58:39 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
sounds great Pam... unfortunately drunken fools are a regular part of concerts, but yeah, they usually provide good entertainment. I see that they started out with my favorite: "Grey Street".

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2003 :  1:24:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do you like the shorter version Kevin?

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2003 :  03:23:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going to see them on there last stop in Atlanta. I've been looking forward to this all summer since I bought my tickets. Hopefully i'll get to hear #41

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2003 :  11:48:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awewsome HTG!!!!! I will be thinking about you then! You will have a great TIMe that is for sure! BTW, they played #41 on Friday. Yes it was amazing as was the entire show!

The only song I would have liked to have heard that was played the next night instead was The Stone. (or ofcourse Last Stop or Halloween would have been cool too but they rarely play them any more)

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2003 :  2:23:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I forgot to add that after the concert they were giving away free condoms! They gave me two, did I look that horny????? I thought that was a riot, just thought I would mention it, hehe

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2003 :  07:30:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Were they trojans? Because at HiFi Buys last year, Trojan representatives were handing out free condoms at the gates. There were barrels full of 'em. I was handed two.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2003 :  09:02:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, hehehehe

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2003 :  12:24:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Went and saw Tori Amos and Ben Folds a few weeks ago and they gave out cheeze at the end of the show. I though that was a bit weird ...

It's not as bad as the smell in my truck from the one piece I cannot find, grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Music is dead
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2003 :  1:38:27 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Went and saw Tori Amos and Ben Folds a few weeks ago and they gave out cheeze at the end of the show. I though that was a bit weird ...

Interesting, when I saw Tori earlier this year we hung out by the tour bus and Nicole found Tori's demand list for what needed to be stocked in her dressing room, and sure enough, "Cheeze whiz in a can" was on the list. I think she has some sort of cheese fetish.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2003 :  3:26:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How was Ben Folds? I've been trying to catch him doing his solo act, but haven't had the opportunity.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2003 :  4:49:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've actually heard that it's pretty good! I've actually heard that it's pretty good!

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

bugman96
Chatterbox

148 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2003 :  5:42:14 PM  Show Profile  Send bugman96 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ben Folds' solo act is pretty damn solid; he came to my school (college of NJ). Great interaction with the audience tells jokes, makes up lyrics to Freebird, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  12:58:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

How was Ben Folds? I've been trying to catch him doing his solo act, but haven't had the opportunity.

Absolutely fantastic! I really enjoyed his performance just as much as Tori's. They're both amazing musicians and very talented.

Music is dead
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  6:48:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember seeing DMB and out of a full stadium I got stuck behind the two most annoying girls in the stadium. Dancing everywhere when everyone else in the section was seated and smoking trying to chill and listen and in my case perhaps trying to catch a glimpse of the performers. Oh yeah and they talked the whole damn time. Didn't expect to pay all that money just to watch a few girls dance around with DMB playing in the back ground.

Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  8:46:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Would of been worth it if they were naked and you were stoned :)

Music is dead
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000