New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gotensvault
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  12:57:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi,
waay back when "ID" was first released on this site, the download page came with some very interesting info about the album. it made a resemblance between tim's album and some kind of art technique.
does anyone remember what this was? Better yet, does anyone have the original text?
thanks

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  02:18:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Because i rock:

-----------------------------------------
Background Info

In the not-so-distant past Tim Reynolds uncontrollably recorded miles of tape due to very bizarre astrological events. It was beyond his control. This material was created in the depths of Tim's mind and the best possible outlet for Id is cyber-space. Id will go from Tim's brainwaves straight to your computer. This double disc release will be avaliable as a free download right here at www.TimReynolds.com - More information is on the way...

An email from:
The Grey Leader

Keyboard, bass, and drum machine recorded live, direct to tape (cassette), then guitar live (miked Marshall mostly) to tape. Some tracks are solo guitar, or solo keys. Smoking mushrooms was not involvd. No vocals, no production, unplanned, unmanned, mindless, headless........ no one. Officially recorded in secret, at "the lab", somewhere in New Mexico. The different drum machine patterns range from techno, rock, latin, industial, reggae , disco and hip hop.
Basically it's wank wank wank...

PEACE
TR

Update 7-24-01
A Quote from Tim

This whole id project, and it's follow ups, are all supposed to be under the moniker of No One. Obviously, anyone will know who it is, but as a side project with a seperate agenda, or at least a different approach, it helps to make a seperate distinction. It is kind of like an oriental form of painting, where the painter goes into a trance and paints a picture in one untouched flurry of paint strokes. No touch ups or fixing; I read about this concept recently and it gave me inspiration to go on with an approach I have intuitively adopted sometimes as a general thing. It's from a book called Art & Physics. I quote:

"This unconcern for linear time is particularly evident in the Japanese art form sumi-e. Using only rice paper, black ink, and a brush, the artist places himself in an almost trancelike, ever-present now and paints in a rapid flurry of strokes. There can be no touching up, erasing, or revising. Sumi-e, flowing from the artists hand, is the very embodiment of the Eastern concept of time."

So I guess No One is the cheap western guitar wanker equivilent of the Japanese art form called sumi-e. You can quote me there if ya like. Instead of paper, black ink , and a brush, it's keyboard/drum machine/guitar. At that point in the book they are comparing western modern physics' concept of time with the Eastern concept of the same, and how modern painters, as well as not so modern Japanese painters, actually created the visual equivilent before the scientists had the idea formulated completely. Anyway, I am digressing insanely-----

PEACE
TR

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

gotensvault
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  02:32:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks Erich!
i got so much more than i asked for!
i really think tim hits the mark when comparing ID with sumi-e. it just blew me away.
thanks again for the info,
and yes... you rock
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  03:23:30 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ID is some great music. There was some talk in the past by Tim of Re-mastering both ID and Petroglyph and offering a few limited edition box sets of those for sale. I for one hope that is still in Tim's plans, as I would love to have professionally mastered copies of both, and I know there are people out there who don't have the capabilities to download those cds.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Bad Brad
Is Anybody Here?

19 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  10:59:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice!!!
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2004 :  12:05:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That would rule indeed. I would buy a set.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000