I just met Tim Reynolds!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jurg2001
Is Anybody Here?

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  11:31:02 PM  Show Profile  Send jurg2001 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK... So I am officially floored!

I go to school at the U of Wisconsin - LaCrosse, and I just met Tim after his peformance. I was guarding his car with a friend at the back door (as a favor asked by his "tour manager/driver/guide" Ann)while he was playing the last part of the show. We were told no autographs or pictures by Ann.

But leave it to Tim to think for himself. We introduced ourselves outside at his car and shook hands. WOW! Totally cool! And he even signed some autographs.

So the point of this post is basically to ask any other fans if they would like to share any music or video. Im kinda new to the whole trading scene, but I do have one show to offer. Dave and Tim Live at Carthage College in Racine, WI on 4.4.03. I had never seen Tim before and paid a lot to make it happen. My buddy and I paid $350 each for the 11th row. And the 3 and a half hour performace was completely worth it. Too bad Tim didn't play just one more solo. 3 would have been perfect. It was the last show on the tour. I've got a great 3 disc set to trade.

If anyone has good quality cds from any other Dave/Tim shows or Dave and Friends shows or almost most importantly any TIM or TR3 shows that they would want to trade or share I'd love it. I'll gladly pay for supplies and shipping.

And for anyone who has a copy of Dave and Tim Live 3.29.03 DVD. I'm trying to download it now, but I dont think my DVD burning software will work with this. I would die for a copy of the DVD.

Email me at jurgen2001@excite.com

peace and love

-jurg

Locarius
Is Anybody Here?

Canada
21 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  12:05:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
$350, thats nuts.

Actually I might pay that if D+T came to my neck of the woods...
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  12:20:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For live music: http://www.archive.org/audio/etreelisting-browse.php?cat=Tim%20Reynolds

Or go to the Trading section of the site, and talk to PRSMartin about getting set up with the FTP.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

jurg2001
Is Anybody Here?

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  12:55:45 AM  Show Profile  Send jurg2001 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey. im trying the FTP stuff, but it just isnt working out for me. ill post another thing in the trading area.

and oh yeah...

the D&T show was so incredibly worth it. a once in a lifetime experience to be that close.

-jurg
Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  02:45:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having just met him as well, I'd just like to say: Wasn't it awesome? He's a humble, as well as incredibly talented, artist, a type that seem fewer and fewer in this era of MTV and pop/sex-music. Just makes me respect him that much more.
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  3:38:11 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
truly a dying breed.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

jimbo8689
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  4:34:01 PM  Show Profile  Send jimbo8689 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey....Ya I was there...Im from milwaukee..but I go to school in Mankato MN...Drove 3 hours each way to come to the LAX show....it was short but awesome..I was front row the whole time...kinda sucked that they rushed him out like that..I actually saw you up there or someone else up by his car telling some kid that he couldn't get an autograph....I was bummed i didn't get to meet him..but thats the closest I've gotten to him...
Go to Top of Page

chrisuwlax
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  5:50:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, i only got to see tim play "allyouneedislove" at the beginning of the rally. do you know what he played at the end??
Go to Top of Page

chrisuwlax
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  5:58:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, i only got to see tim play "allyouneedislove" at the beginning of the rally. do you know what he played at the end??
Go to Top of Page

jurg2001
Is Anybody Here?

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  7:52:55 PM  Show Profile  Send jurg2001 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey jimbo.
thats cool that you were there.
remember Ann, the chick that introduced him. anyway, my friends julie, sara, tyler and I were volunteers at the rally (mostly to see Tim) and she asked julie and I to protect their car outside during the last tune Tim played. it was to keep away any other people from coming to get autographs. so anyway, yeah, i had to tell a guy to leave which sucked cause I was under the impression i was getting a handshake only, and instead Tim signed 3 things for Julie and I. the coolest thing was he called us by name. he is so amazing. it's gotta be hard to be that humble in such a huge celebrity world.

the only thing that pissed me off tho. was on the news, they introduced Tim as "Tim Reynolds from the Dave Matthews Band"
I was so pised!

-jurg
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  08:51:07 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
it's likely to draw more people (read: dmb fans) and that's the advertiser's concern.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

gazelle
Is Anybody Here?

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2004 :  11:01:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, all.

I'm Ann, the chick that accompanied TR on his Wisconsin4Kucinich tour. I am altogether overwhelmed by my fortune at not only being able to meet Tim Reynolds, and not only being able to see/hear him play (I'm a new fan), but I got to HANG OUT WITH HIM for 3 days!!

Tim played his heart out all over our state from Saturday the 14th until Monday the 16th. He is completely and totally dedicated to the message of Dennis Kucinich - the peace candidate, the man who will get us the hell out of Iraq before years of a Vietnam-style quagmire, billions of $s, a draft, the whole thing. None of the other candidates is doing anything like this. <campaign speech mode off>

Now, about TR. What do I say? He's the most normal, down-to-earth and brilliant guy, all in one. HIs wife is also a complete sweetheart - she made all his reservations, and supports him in his efforts to campaign for Dennis.

We had some truly fantastic talks between Milwaukee and Madison, and then to La Crosse, and then home to Madison late at night. There's nothing like a car trip for talking.

Some highlights: I asked him what's it like to have kids. He answered, "From A to Z times ten." Very cool. At one point he said, "Our light bodies have become bright bodies," referring to the altered state of consciousness you get into after hearing DK speak. He likes both a light salad with a little organic chicken AND a kick-ass meatloaf and mashed potatoes. I bought two oversized Hershey bars and he took the one with almonds (FYI). He likes to drive - as a matter of fact, he drove home from La Crosse cause I was so toasted. He's a terrific driver.

He's full of love for the universe. He's very funny - he has a great "New Yawk" accent. Actually, he's got tons of great voices.

At concerts, he almost always mentioned "the vibe," e.g., "Yeah, great vibe in that room."

He's got a great, raspy voice that's like cream of mushroom soup with thumbtacks in it - fabulous voice.

And it was me who dragged him off the stage at La Crosse, because he was really tired and hungry, and he was fighting off the end of a sore throat and I saw how hard he had worked during those three days - 6 gigs, 3 different hotels, tons of waiting around, strange venues, different sound checks - all that stuff, and he was so mellow. I did it for him, and I hated to do it because I know how much people wanted to get close to him. I am sorry it happened like that.

Be good, everyone. Thanks for letting me post.

~gazelle
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  12:10:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a little envious and jealous cause I got into Tim's music first and it took me quite some time to figure out through reading interviews and stuff that Tim is a way cool guy as well as a great musician. You being able to do both at once is pretty cool. Still hoping he'll make it out west this summer and I'll get to meet him.

Go to Top of Page

lov4luv
Is Anybody Here?

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2004 :  6:08:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is great to hear that there are great musicians out there who are still down to earth. He seems to be a great guy all around.

lvmsc
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000