Favorite Reynolds Recording
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2004 :  5:45:35 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just wondering wats everyones favorite live song by tim. Should get some interesting results, and possibly some new shows or songs in my music collection

My favorite would probably be Metamorphosis on 3/12/99 (a dave and tim show).

my favorite color is go fuck yourself. :D

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2004 :  6:24:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my mind, all those songs exist in a continuum because they're always changing with the constant improv. I don't like one particularly more than another because at any moment that given song has it's own uniqueness. That said, I'd just get a variety of shows with songs you like. It's all good stuff.
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2004 :  6:37:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
two of my favourite tim solos, but by far not all of them, are:

1999-02-03 - Letting Go
2003-09-13 - Smile

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2004 :  6:38:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TR3 - "Sexual Tension" from the 2-3-1990 concert.
The version of "Feeling Doors" played at the 8-31-2004 Chico concert. I can't wait to get a recording of that.

But I've got so many favorites, it's hard to pick just one. If this was a "What's your favorite versions of all your favorite Tim songs", I could go on for lines and lines.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2004 :  12:20:15 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Of course its well known that Tim's songs are everchanging, but that doesnt stop someone from having a favorite version just because of the mangificent improv or lengthening or maybe even seguing into another song.

my favorite color is go fuck yourself. :D
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2004 :  12:04:44 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Johnny's Song from 11.19.99 it just rocks my body every time I BLAST it.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

JoeGamo05
Chatterbox

USA
279 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2004 :  9:02:36 PM  Show Profile  Send JoeGamo05 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
kundalini, and jamez rolling waves (mixed with something else but i dunno what called) at the 03-26-03 (dave n time) in norfolk... god so impressive watchin it 8 rows from the stage... the bass in kundalini i swear shook the place a little ha

When the trees start walking, the ground starts moving, your insane, your insane
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000