Meeting TR
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2004 :  3:39:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As always there are no guarantees as every circumstance is different. Having said that, TR is usually quite amiable to meeting fans AFTER a show.(approaching during dinner, soundcheck, load-in and such tasks is quite bad form and can be really annoying, just remember there is a TIMe and a place and that everyone enjoys their privacy at certain moments) He usually comes out to the merch area and signs if the crowd is not to large. If that does not appear to be an option at the show you are attending for whatever reason(sometimes the venues clear the house and won't allow people to hang out long enuf for such an opportunity), then I would suggest planting yourself near the exit of the club or venue as TR is always happy to stop and say Hi, sign a guitar(etc, etc)and usually take a photo. Again, there are no guarantees, illness is usually the only stumbling block to TR's willingness to meet folks after a show and that rarely is an issue. So good luck, we try and meet folks as much as we can. TR feels it is very important to stay in touch with his audience. Don't feel weird about bringing a guitar to get signed, believe me, I have seen TR sign stranger things! LOL (there are photos if you look hard enuf, a carpet comes to mind). At the same TIMe, TR and crew are always surprised at how many people want TR to ruin a guitar by writing all over it. To each his own!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2004 :  4:10:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Tim was very nice about saying hello after the show here in Oregon. Actually at the Music Millenium performance after I checked my bag on the way in and got out my camera I went walking around the corner of the counter and almost walked right into Tim. I just said Hi Tim and with a quick handshake I left him alone. It shocked me though to almost walk into him. I didn't want to bug him though and hopefully everyone would respect that.

Go to Top of Page

Macht
Chatterbox

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2004 :  4:48:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Macht an AOL message  Reply with Quote
man.. to meet Tim.... <looks up> if its in his will.....

Authorities here are alert
Go to Top of Page

JoeGamo05
Chatterbox

USA
279 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2004 :  4:58:05 PM  Show Profile  Send JoeGamo05 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
you all should sotp by maryland and say hello :) we'll provide room and food! haha

When the trees start walking, the ground starts moving, your insane, your insane
Go to Top of Page

SandyCarl
Try A Little Harder

81 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2004 :  6:31:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd have Tim sign my carpet, but I usually keep it shaved down there.
Go to Top of Page

JoeGamo05
Chatterbox

USA
279 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2004 :  10:32:24 PM  Show Profile  Send JoeGamo05 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ah hahaha nicely executed hahh i'm gonna have someone shave their autograph into my leg hair... it's sexy and you know it;)

When the trees start walking, the ground starts moving, your insane, your insane
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2004 :  12:37:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SandyCarl

I'd have Tim sign my carpet, but I usually keep it shaved down there.

Much better that way, unless you want to hide the signature

(nicely played, by the way )

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Bad Brad
Is Anybody Here?

19 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2004 :  9:45:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim Reynolds is a rare breed … an amazing quality … free, yet well read, a family man-but one of the most amazing guitarists on the planet. Now that I’m done blowing smoke-a.k.a., telling the truth-I’d like to address the topic of this post.

TR is amazing. He will hang out—circumstances permitting—to speak with his fans on most occasions. What uncompromising musician that you adore for his or her talent will willingly make time to meet with the die-hard fans? And meet doesn’t mean yawning through a picture. It means looking at you when you talk. As his stature grows—and everyone that reads this is to thank for his growing stature—the time to meet with fans will diminish.

When I am able to make the time to browse through TR’s message board, the posts that captivate me the most are the ones of someone relating his or her story of a TR show/sighting experience. Now don’t get me wrong, I spend my limited time in here seeking the latest TR info, but I try not to miss the positive emotions that true music and musicians provide.

Special Thanks: To TR for being the channel for songs from the angels (even when they’re mad!).

P.S. Fluffy, I need to talk to you and I lost your email. How can we do this?
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2004 :  10:12:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bad Brad, to get Fluffy's email address click on his name and it should bring up his profile and email address, ah shit why don't I just give it to ya, dah....

timreynoldsTR3@aol.com but don't expect an answer right away, he's on the road again, going to South Dakota! He did say he was going to to touch base with the boards whenever he can.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2004 :  3:43:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does Tim like it when people give him a classic Wayne's World style:

"WE ARE NOT WORTHY"
"WE ARE NOT WORTHY"
"WE ARE NOT WORTHY"
"WE ARE NOT WORTHY"

?????

(depending on your answer, I may or may not have one of those planned for Buffalo)

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2004 :  10:49:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I suspect TR would be very, very confused. Probably amused, but I don't think he'd really LIKE it...

By the way, that's a great signature!

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

jamiemac
Is Anybody Here?

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2004 :  09:33:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what would be the best TIMe to be at the Tralf for door opening? i talked to the manager and he said doors open at 7pm, so 6ish?

jamie

if you can't say something nice, say it oftan
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2004 :  8:03:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TTT for the Sept TouR since the questions are already pouring in. LOL

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000