Prepare yourself for The INVISIBLE PAGAN UNDERDOGS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  03:08:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TR: Guitar & Vocals
Pete Williams: Bass
Greg Kaiser: Keyboards
Brady Blade: Drums

Stay Tuned for more details!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  03:36:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my GOD!!!!!!!

Fluffy, you have no idea how excited I am by that. I decided to take a break from writing a paper, and look at the boards, and now my heart rate has shot through the roof, and I can't wait to see what happens.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  08:43:55 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

Oh my GOD!!!!!!!

Fluffy, you have no idea how excited I am by that. I decided to take a break from writing a paper, and look at the boards, and now my heart rate has shot through the roof, and I can't wait to see what happens.

Sweet! This the Tim Reynolds and friends tour/album? =)

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  12:23:47 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
BUT HOW DOES ONE PREPARE FOR THAT???!!!!????? I'm trying, but I can't seem to do it... it is far too amazing to prepare for.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  2:41:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't even heard them and I'm already blown away!

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

BurbonSong
Try A Little Harder

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  3:38:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit BurbonSong's Homepage  Send BurbonSong an AOL message  Reply with Quote
sounds like it's gona be a blast, cept it's all way over in CO and NM, so still no shows for me till he (or they) make it over to the east coast...

"Here's a song called Feeling Doors...I have no clue what it means because my daughter named it...I guess it means she's cooler than I am"

AIM: BurbonSong
haikuwarrior@gmail.com
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  6:01:32 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
oh baby.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  6:39:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well, i guess this is a good time for me to come out of hiding and say GOBBLETYFUCK HOLY SHIT IN A JESUS TACO!

yay

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

April
Is Anybody Here?

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  7:07:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yay! Can't wait.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  7:19:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mmm...Jesus Taco.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Stephen
Is Anybody Here?

17 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  8:25:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Come to CA.
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  11:08:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes! This is great news. I'm staying tuned for more details.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  11:11:09 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK, so Brady Blade is obviously from "Some Devil" and Dave & Friends fame... but the other names do not immediately appear to be recognizable to me. Any ideas?

Edit:

I went to allmusic.com and it lists a bassist named Pete Williams who played in the 80's group Dexies Midnight Runners (C'mon Eileen)... I wonder if this is the same guy?

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  11:26:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, now I'm imagining TR singing that song.

It sounds pretty crazy in my head.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2004 :  12:32:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Anyone notice that this is the first time in ages that Tim hasnt played his own keys? Id love to hear Backdoor without him doing keys, or Glimpses or something like that. It'll just add that much more to the dynamic of tims sound.

And Brady is fucking awesome. Hes not as flashy as Carter but can really make the drums an interesting sound.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2004 :  12:57:27 AM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It appears that Greg Kaiser is a member of TranceVision, a Sante Fe-based electronic group...and apparently Dexy's bassist was Pete Williams, but I dunno if it's the same one...this should be interesting...
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2004 :  01:30:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TranceVision has worked with Tim before, using his guitarwork for one or two albums. That fucking rocks then.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2004 :  3:20:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
(from my post to the email list)

Lots of news for ya!!! First, the invasion of "The Invisible Pagan Underdogs" for 2 shows in NM. The show info is as follows:

ENGAGEMENT DATE: 11/20/2004
ARTIST: Tim Reynolds
VENUE: Puccini's Golden West Saloon
620 Central Avenue SW
Albuquerque, NM 87102
PHONE: 505-242-2353
CAPACITY: 220
AGES: 21+
TICKET PRICE: $15 adv./ $18 d.o.s.
DOORS: 8:30pm
PERF LENGTH: 1 (90 min.) set
PERF. TIME: 10:30pm
OTHER INFO:

ENGAGEMENT DATE: 11/21/2004
VENUE: Paramount Night Club
331 Sandoval
Santa Fe, NM 87501
PHONE: 505-982-8999
CAPACITY: 350
TICKET PRICE: $10
DOORS: 7pm
PERF. TIME: 8pm
OTHER INFO: www.theparamountnightclub.com

So here is the skinny on The Invisible Pagan Underdogs. The line up is as follows:

TR: Guitar & Vocals
Pete Williams: Bass
Greg Kaiser: Keyboards
Brady Blade: Drums

I think we all know who TR is, so a little background on the rest of the band. Pete has been playing around Santa Fe for a number of years in a band called Rev. Karol King Kong. He also breaths fire and plays bass in a KISS tribute band and has sat in with the reggae group, Mystic Vision, who you may remember TR did some dates playing guitar with.(PS, Greg tells me Pete NEVER played in Dexy's Midnite Runners)
This brings me to Greg Kaiser, who is a huge dub reggae connoisseur and has played keys for Mystic Vision for 10 years. He also plays keyboards and keyboard bass in TranceVision and contributes to the compositions, arrangements and mixing of the songs with Pete Code. TranceVision is the techno-ish project that TR added some guitar noises to. You can find out more info about TranceVision on the message board at TimReynolds.com. Greg has also had participation in popular bands like Mystic Vision, Reverend Karol King Kong, Frank Leto, Inner Force, Inka Inka, Dub Lab, Dub Nation, Tony Culture, King Shark and JADE.
Brady Blade also has a long list of artists he has worked with including Bob Dylan, Emmylou Harris, Jewel, the Indigo Girls, Steve Earle and Dave Matthews. Brady is native of New Orleans, LA and has been known to use silence as part of his artistic pallet. He can also be heard on the soundtracks to Slingblade and The Horse Whisperer.

Should be a great couple of nites of music. I am told you can expect mostly interpretations from TR's upcoming double CD set, Parallel Universe and possibly some covers. I have a feeling a few older songs may sneek into the setlist if there is TIMe. I would love to see a version of "Backdoor". I sure miss that song. As for "Parallel Universe", TR has finished up the work on the coverart and it should be going to press quite soon. I doubt it will surface before the shows in NM, but keep your fingers crossed, who knows, but it is coming SOON!!

NEXT, TR has 3 SOLO ACOUSTIC performances in CO at the beginning of Dec. The info for those shows is as follows:

ENGAGEMENT DATE: 12/2/2004
VENUE: Fox Theatre
1135 13th Street
Boulder, CO 80302
PHONE: (303) 447-1545
CAPACITY: 625
AGES: All
TICKET PRICE: $12 adv./ $14 d.o.s.
PERF. TIME: 10:30pm
OTHER INFO: www.foxtheatre.com

ENGAGEMENT DATE: 12/3/2004
VENUE: Starlight
157 North College Avenue
Fort Collins, CO 80524
PHONE: 970-484-4974
CAPACITY: 500
AGES: All
TICKET PRICE: $10
PERF. TIME: 10pm
OTHER INFO: www.thestarlight.com

ENGAGEMENT DATE: 12/4/2004
VENUE: Bluebird Theater
3317 E. Colfax Ave.
Denver, CO 80206
PHONE: (303) 333-7749
CAPACITY: 350
TICKET PRICE: $13
DOORS: 8pm
PERF LENGTH: 1 (90 min.) set + encore
PERF. TIME: 10pm
OTHER INFO: www.nipp.com

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2004 :  6:50:50 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Rock on! Thanks for the info Fluffy.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

TurnItToLove
Try A Little Harder

USA
97 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2004 :  8:26:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit TurnItToLove's Homepage  Send TurnItToLove an AOL message  Reply with Quote
WICKED AWESOME

except that i live nowhere near any of those places

stupid Florida

-Kaitlyn-
"If I was a locksmith I'd be pimping that out, I'd be like Tell you what I'll trade you a free key duplication"--mitch hedberg
Go to Top of Page

GtrOpus
Is Anybody Here?

43 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2004 :  01:22:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So who is recording the first (two) dates?
Go to Top of Page

GtrOpus
Is Anybody Here?

43 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2004 :  11:09:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well ... I tried every conceivable way to make the gig (for enjoyment and recording purposes), but being that I have to work the day/nite prior and live half way across the country, there is no way I can do so. If I left for Santa Fe immediately when I get off work and drove straight through, I could not make it by the time the gig started. I checked into airfare, but I would have had to fly (with all my recording gear) into Albuquerque, rent a car, and deal with a place to stay … many hoops, resulting in large expenses. Ok, sorry about the rant, but I really tired to make (with hopes of recording) the show so I could have shared it with you guys and gals. Let’s hope that someone is able to record them and they do a few more gigs.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2004 :  12:25:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, please tell me someone will be taping these shows! Also PLEASE (on my knees and begging) take lots of pictures and post pics and review on here. BTW, my daughter would love a copy of the picture you took of us with Tim in Philly. Any chances of getting a copy? She said to say hi to you too! (you, Tim and Rew are definitely on her favorite people list!)

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2004 :  11:06:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have some (bad?)news, seems the show at The Paramount in Santa Fe on Sunday is also ONLY 21+. Hopefully this doesn't inconvenience anyone at this late date. Sorry, but I was just informed an hour ago. I don't know why the contract had the wrong info on it, but it obviously did. Sorry if I got anyones hopes up and even sorrier if people will now have to change plans. I would hate for the 18-21's to show up and be turned away. Sorry again for the fuck-up and hope it doesn't inconvenience anyone too bad. If it makes you feel any better, my last 2 weeks has been almost unbearable, so news like this seems about par for the course for me. Sincerest apologies for any incovenience.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2004 :  11:37:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear the last two weeks have been bad for you Fluffy. Hope things turn around in time for the holiday season.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Gtr Opus
Is Anybody Here?

16 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2004 :  4:18:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anybody know if these shows were taped?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2004 :  10:56:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too am sorry to hear about your past weeks. I really hope the TIMe spent with your family set things on a better track for you.

Fluffy, I hate to ask, but any chance you could just write a line or two about the shows? I am very interested in how these turned out, as I know everyone else from the board is. Also any info on the taping of these shows.

Thanks in advance!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2004 :  8:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Has there been any talk about this show on the DMB Boards?? I never go over there anymore, but maybe someone who frequents them could check?

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000