Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Live Offering (Reynolds, Sokolowski... RELEASED!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2004 :  11:08:54 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://www.breezewayrecords.com/music/liveoffering/

For those who don't know.. Offering is a multi-instrumental, jazz/avant guard/improv super group consisting of:

Worth Proffitt - trap drums, percussion, trombone, diddley bow, whistles

Tim Reynolds - electric guitar, effects, percussion

Michael Sokolowski - piano, synthesizer, bells, electric violin, percussion

This is a recording of a show a few years ago that they did in NYC as a 10 year anniversary show. The show has been available on the archive for quite a while now, but the recording was very low. I've been told that Greg Howard work diligently remastering the recording and the sound is now stellar on the new release. A lot of roadblocks nearly prevented this release from never seeing the light of day. I am ordering one today for sure, and I encourage everyone to help support Mike, Tim, Worth, and Greg and this release as a way of thanking them for their hard work, great spirits, and amazing musicianship... plus you will hear some MIND BLOWING music!!!

god
Kevin

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2004 :  2:50:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Will this show still be allowed on the archive? I hope so, but I can understand if no.

And if only a DVD would exist, since there is video but in the hands of some guy who used to be friends with Soldo.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2004 :  9:00:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
the non official recording:

Disc I:

01 - Prelude
02 - Entrance
03 - Naked Illumination
04 - Coahoma
05 - Looking Around
06 - Reaching
07 - Take Me With You
08 - Called Into Battle
09 - Aftermath and Reconciliation
10 - Each Other's Moons

Disc II:

01 - Sunspot
02 - Radio Spacecraft
03 - Within the Silence

the official recording:

It started when you walked into the room
coahoma
up, periscope
are we there yet?
supercollider
below sea level
sunspot
radio spacecraft
hush a boom

Interesting deviations from the first names of the songs. Also interesting to see that this was turned into 1 cd somehow.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2004 :  11:58:52 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Looks like it wasn't officially available through musictoday.com when I posted this, but now it is... and only 10 bucks!!!

http://stores.musictoday.com/store/dept.asp?dept_id=99&band_id=27

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

soko
Is Anybody Here?

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2004 :  11:09:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit soko's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the thread, Kevin.

Erich -- how's it goin'? I'm fine with keeping it on the Archive, as this version had to be squeezed in order to fit a single CD. The editing is minimal -- nothing was done to change the music or the integrity of the music. We just lopped off some of the opening jam and cut out some applause, etc. It's possible that we lopped off another chunk or two, but it's been so long since we mastered this (I think a couple of years by now) that I simply don't remember all the details. You might recall that there was a nasty buzz in the PA. Thanks to Greg Howard's second-by-second restoration, you'll be hard pressed to hear it any more. Plus, overall mastering's tonal and level stuff makes this disc totally worth having if you like the archive file.

Peace out.

MS

Love.
Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2004 :  12:47:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see a few CDs that I might have to impulse buy in the near future (i.e., all the ones listed on musictoday.com that I don't have). Awesome.
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2004 :  1:24:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just figured I'd toss out the fact that Soko is amazing. Not that it needed to be said, but there it is anyways.

Thanks for such great music...and remastering!

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
http://www.timreynolds.com/torrents
timreynoldsftp@hotmail.com
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2004 :  12:16:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin, Huge thanks for your email! Also for posting this! I ordered my copy and can't wait to hear it!

Erich, good to see you post again too! I was afraid you dropped off the face of the earth! Say hi to your mom for me.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2004 :  01:54:51 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, I got my copy in the mail last week, and let me tell you all... GET IT!!! I was expecting the sound to be better, but it really is an AMAZING improvement from what was on the server. I must have listened to it 10 times through already. Get the word out there to any friends you have that are into jazz. I honestly could ramble on and on forever about this, but just see for yourself. I'm so pleased with this release it is ridiculous.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2004 :  04:26:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You sold me even more Kev. I'll probably order my copy over Thanksgiving break.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2004 :  06:55:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin, got mine yesterday. Haven't had TIMe to listen the whole way through yet but I listened to the first 5 tracks and it is worth way more than the $10 it cost me! An extremely interesting blend of sounds. This is the kind of music to listen to with headphones, close your eyes and let the music take you for a ride! My biggest regret is that I wasn't there in person to hear it at the Knitting Factory.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  4:41:42 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I got mine yesterday and I'm listening to it right now. It's interesting hearing people play with Tim that actually complement what he's playing as well, instead of just Tim solo or playing over Dave.

Very even matched group of musicians, they are all on the same page on these songs.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2004 :  8:08:53 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Rippa, you are dead on about the three of them being all on the same page. There was an interview with (I think) Soko about this show where he said he came up to Tim ready to rehearse, and Tim said something like, "fuck that, lets just improv". So to beleive that such an amazing show came out of improvisation makes it even more incredible.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000