Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Venus Transit & Participation Mystique.........
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2005 :  10:58:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
.......(In the Age of the Mushroom Bandit)

What could it mean? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

bugman96
Chatterbox

148 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2005 :  8:55:13 PM  Show Profile  Send bugman96 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
new album title?
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2005 :  04:56:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nice guess, BUT what would be better than a new album title?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2005 :  05:02:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A new band name with Tim? A new cool song he wrote? Am I getting warmer?

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2005 :  12:33:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What would be better than "A" new album title? How about "TWO" new album titles, "Venus Transit" and "Participation Mystique(In the Age of the Mushroom Bandit)".

Sadly, I am assuming that at least most of you, if not ALL of you, who frequent the message board are on the TR email list. I have always suspected that most of my messages to the email list go unread by the email list members at large. By virtue of the fact that NOONE started a thread to comment on this announcement OR even seemed to recognize them when I started this thread leads me to conclude that my assuptions are correct, for the most part, they go unread.

Now just hope you didn't delete my last email to the email list. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2005 :  1:33:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alas, I never signed up for it. Is that the one through Yahoo?

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2005 :  1:38:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eek! I've been caught. Yes I only quickly glanced through and then deleted

I was in a hurry though. Normally I spend a little more time on them.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2005 :  1:41:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I generally glance over them because they are usually dealing with shows on the other side of the country... and everything is posted here.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2005 :  3:01:19 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Rest assured, the reward at the end of the long email was read twice (to be sure I read correctly) and I cannot friggin wait! I remember I asked Tim if Pathetic was recorded for Parallel Universe, and he said no, but that it would be on one of the two newer ones. My guess would be Participation Mystique???

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  6:37:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Arthen:
quote:
Alas, I never signed up for it. Is that the one through Yahoo?
Yes, it is the yahoo one linked on the homepage. And you should sign up! hehe

SilkyThePimp:
quote:
I generally glance over them because they are usually dealing with shows on the other side of the country... and everything is posted here.

Zachmozach:
quote:
Eek! I've been caught. Yes I only quickly glanced through and then deleted
As I suspected. LOL It is always good to look those over a little more carefully before deleting them, as you have discovered, even if the main body may not contain info pertinent to you because the show is to far away or whatever. Problem is, I have limited space in the "Subject" line so I can't always mention everything enclosed in the emails. I would suggest reading them all, but if you are in a hurry at least check each paragraph to make sure that all the info contained in them does not pertain to or interest U. For the sake of Zach and others who may have already deleted it, I will repost the pertinent paragraph here:
quote:
Hopefully, everyone made it down here to the bottom of the email for which you will be richly rewarded with some NEW info about TR releases. As I mentioned above, we still don't have a solid date for "Parallel Universe" but TR has told me he has been locked away in his studio working on MORE material. So what you can be looking forward to is another CD release of what TR calls "acoustic space music" called "Venus Transit" as quickly as he can get it out after "Parallel Universe". As if that weren't enuf, TR informs me he has recorded yet another release for future distribution, but this one will be a little more of a "under the radar" release. It is tentatively called "Participation Mystique (In the Age of the Mushroom Bandit)" So lots of new news, and lots of new TR to look forward to. Keep watching here or the message board at TimReynolds.com for new news on these releases as I have it.

KevinLesko:
quote:
Rest assured, the reward at the end of the long email was read twice (to be sure I read correctly) and I cannot friggin wait! I remember I asked Tim if Pathetic was recorded for Parallel Universe, and he said no, but that it would be on one of the two newer ones. My guess would be Participation Mystique???
I am not sure that it is, I will have to ask TR, but either way, he said he was going to make you a copy of the version he had recorded. He just wanted to fix it a bit. We will see and THANX for reading all the way to the bottom. As you saw, your reward was GREAT! I am surprised that you didn't post about the annoucement though. I remember when I alluded to a "surprise" in a past email to the TRML the board lit up with speculation and questions. I was just hoping that would happen again.

Anyway, lots of kewl stuff to look forward to it sounds like. ENJOY!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  6:54:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
God damn, this is excitement. if both these new new albums come out this year, we're looking at 4 new tim cds. thats just off the wall.

Is the "acoustic space music" cd going to have some of the newer acoustic tunes tim has done? When I saw him last year in upstate NY he did a new tune in D that was pretty, I think he did it durring the Kucinich run as well (durno though). There's also Dark Spirit that he performed a few times in '03, really odd spacey tune that fits that description.

And what will ever become of some of the older acoustic songs that were never commited to record? Drunk Roadrunner and Doom come to mind imeadiatly.

thanks as always fluffy :)

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  8:42:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TR tells me that that is next on his list of tasks, to work on some of the acoustic stuff that his been floating around in his head for a LONG TIMe. So who know, it just might be some of the stuff you are talking about. He really felt like he need to get this other stuff off his chest before he could really concentrate on the acoustic stuff and give it the attention it needs. Thats what I know for now, will post more info as I have it.

And don't forget, we also should be getting that acoustic DVD from the private show in NC. It looks to be a big year for TR fans!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2005 :  11:09:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Fluffy! Acoustic Space Music is exactly how I would describe the TR acoustic music. From now on when someone asks me what TR music is like instead of taking a minute to explain it I'm just going to say he plays acoustic space music. Then I need one for the electric and I'm good to go.

Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2005 :  11:20:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zachmozach

Then I need one for the electric and I'm good to go.

Industrial Hendrix is how I think of his heavy stuff, but thats not all he plays, so its limiting. Because of the very big Marley and Jazz influences hes got, it would take something more encompasing.

World Jazz Marlindustrial Hendrix

... or somfrin.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2005 :  12:01:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Shit. I have such a boner right now. I can't even type, there's no blood in my hands.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  6:42:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TTT, because this is exciting

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  9:13:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya anyone hear any more about this?

Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  9:18:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I personaly have not, no, but i'll be sure to ask tim in two weeks. fluffy may know, but he'll post it in due time if he does.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

rdj218
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  4:46:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit rdj218's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fluffy,
Any chance these will be available on CD at the west-coast shows?
-rees

reesa j
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  4:52:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nothing personal, but youre kidding, ja?

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  5:28:52 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

Sadly, I am assuming that at least most of you, if not ALL of you, who frequent the message board are on the TR email list. I have always suspected that most of my messages to the email list go unread by the email list members at large. By virtue of the fact that NOONE started a thread to comment on this announcement OR even seemed to recognize them when I started this thread leads me to conclude that my assuptions are correct, for the most part, they go unread.

Now just hope you didn't delete my last email to the email list. HEHE

For what it's worth, I feel really badly about this.. But quite honestly, what my reasoning is behind not always being meticulious with those emails is that in the past, you would put those emails on the message board exactly. And since I read this board religiously, I'd usually see them here first.

So yeah... sorry 'bout that.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Batstone
Chatterbox

Canada
281 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  10:26:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Batstone's Homepage  Send Batstone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey, thanks for all the info.... amazing year for tim.... cant wait to hear all of this

www.myspace.com/adambatstone
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000