Nashville - 4.11
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

skyline
Chatterbox

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2005 :  08:56:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit skyline's Homepage  Send skyline an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow...I'm not even sure what to say. It was my first chance to catch one of Tim's solo shows, and I think I'll still be on a high from it 6 months from now.

It was my first time at this particular venue, and aside from the overly large security gorillas, I really enjoyed it. It's a historic building, and had a very nice ambiance to it. I was in line over an hour before the show, and was able to get a seat, which was nice. I would have hated standing for 4+ hours.

Will Bradford had a cool sound, but after 30 minutes of his set, I was just ready for him to hand the stage over to Tim. As others have said, I wouldn't mind seeing his band. He really does have a cool sound to him. Solo, though...there just wasn't enough there to hold my attention.

I won't go into too much detail about Tim's set. It was pretty much the same thing that others have told you from the other shows. A lot of my favorites were played during the acoustic set, highlighted by Chatter Box and ending with Kundalini Bonfire. The electric set was out of this world. I'm pretty new to his electric stuff, so I didn't recognize much of it, but I loved every second. It's a great experience to be there and feel those special effects vibrating the room and thumping through your chest while Tim plays over top of it all. He came out for the encore and played All You Need Is Love. The crowd was singing along and really had a great time with this one.

I guess the most surprising thing to me was the general musical ignorance of the crowd. I'd say 90% of them really didn't know the first thing about Tim's music. He was just that guy that played with Dave Matthews. While we were waiting outside Tim came out and got into a minivan (I never would have guessed) and sped off. I'm convinced that I was the only person to recognize him. The rest of the line was just clueless. Of course, the first thing you heard when he got on stage was a drunken frat boy screaming "Timmmmyyyyyy!!". Tim responded by announcing that he had officially changed his name to something else. Binky, maybe? It was hard to make out...

During his set I heard comments such as, "I wonder if he'll play Ants Marching", and "Hey, this guy's not a bad guitarist!". Then during the electric set, quite a few people were mumbling about how he needed to get the acoustic back out, etc. *Sigh*

Despite the musical morons, it really was a fantastic night. He had quite a few good rambles while tuning up. A couple included how he received a message straight from Mercury and how Chihuahuas(sp?) get meat tears when they smell food cooking.

I got to meet Fluffy, which was great. It's nice to be able to put a face with a name. The new cd still wasn't there, which was sad, but hey...it gave me an excuse to pick up a copy of Gossip of the Neurons, which I've been wanting to get for quite a while.

So yeah...an amazing night for me. The only downside is that I now have to wait however many years before he heads this direction again. Anyway, that's about all I have...time to go grab my guitar while the inspiration's still strong.

http://www.dmbforums.com

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2005 :  09:38:00 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Becky, he always changes his name to Becky.

Nice review, glad you enjoyed the show!

And about Will Bradford... I'm surprised more people don't dig him. Pick up his cd, Corn Syrup Conspiracy at the show (measley $10). It's a great cd! VERY bassy, which I like, and not regular guitar meets vocalist tripe. It's beaty, got nice guitar, and cool. Unfortunately my cd skips at t13, and it looks perfect, so I'm afraid that the cds were pressed with that track skippy. :( Too bad, they're all good!

And bummer about the crowd. Huntsville was the best crowd I've ever seen. I didn't hear Timmy once, Stream only a few, and no one wanted anything but what they were getting, which was pure Eargasm.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

skyline
Chatterbox

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2005 :  09:39:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit skyline's Homepage  Send skyline an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

Nice review, glad you enjoyed the show!

Haha cool, thanks. I knew I had read that around here somewhere...

http://www.dmbforums.com
Go to Top of Page

Batstone
Chatterbox

Canada
281 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2005 :  10:30:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Batstone's Homepage  Send Batstone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
very nice topic and review... hmm,sounds like a good show

www.myspace.com/adambatstone
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2005 :  1:26:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

The last time I saw him, he was going by GOAT! So he "wouldn't be confused with a character from South Park."

Too bad for the assholes, but it doesn't sound like they were overly loud and distracting Tim. Congrats on your first Tim show!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2005 :  2:17:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Too bad skyline can't get a second guitar just for posting a review.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2005 :  06:36:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Setlist from Nashville(don't know changes....)

01)Wicca's Ocean of Dark Matter
02)Hopeful
03)Jemez
04)Babylon
05)Indoctrinate
06)The Bottom of the Bottom of the Bottom
------
07)Flourescence
08)Sincerity
09)Don't Know What
10)Danger/Doom
------
11)Crystaline Seperation of Visual Reality Into Geometric Fractals
12)Betrayal
13)Chatterbox
14)Che
15)Kundalini
16)Sphinctoral Thinking Machine
------
17)Mercury
18)Radar
19)Plastic
20)Gas
21)Snake
22)Face
------
All You Need
(Eura Song)
From This World

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000