New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JoshMartin
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2005 :  2:32:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK...below is the email I have sent to the Aardvark to get permission to record Tims performance on April 5th.

( To the Booking Agent)

I would like to know if you allow shows to be recorded? I will be at
the Tim Reynolds show on April 5th and would like to record it. I know he allows open recoding of his shows as long as the venue ok's it. Please let me
know.

( His response Below )

Tim Reynolds will not let you record it. It's against his contract.

What the HEll?? ...What contract???

Josh Martin

Kobetich music

JoshMartin
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2005 :  2:54:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just sent it to him. We'll see...I hope they let me record it. I was wanting to record it onto DVD and share it with everyone here.

Kobetich music
Go to Top of Page

JoshMartin
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2005 :  3:06:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shit I started a New thread...sorry

Here is what he said..
The contract I signed with his booking agent. For Tim Reynolds to play at the aardvark. It has nothing to do with the venue. They told me NO taping.

Kobetich music
Go to Top of Page

JoshMartin
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2005 :  3:15:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, Is this True? If so.....WHY?

Kobetich music
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2005 :  3:17:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That sounds like a load of shit to me, I thought Tim was putting out his new albums independently. Don't quote me though.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2005 :  3:48:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JoshMartin, first, You should be able to delete that thread if no one else posted on it, just by clicking on the little trash can icon and putting in your password.

Secondly, Fluffy should have an answer for you. I am willing to bet you will be able to record the show, but Fluffy would know. Maybe the person from the club had misinformation. My guess is that Fluffy read this thread and may already be looking into an answer for you.

Another thing you could do is ask Kevin Lesko. He talks to Tim and could ask him directly what the story is.

Good luck and either way, enjoy the show! Oh and don't forget to write a review afterwards!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

JoshMartin
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2005 :  3:59:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the information PJK!

I emailed Fluffy and hopefully he will get back with me soon.

This kinda has me sick...

Kobetich music
Go to Top of Page

JoshMartin
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2005 :  10:03:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No word from anyone !!! ? ? ? ? ?

Kobetich music
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2005 :  10:53:08 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoshMartin

No word from anyone !!! ? ? ? ? ?

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5622

quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

I will be out on tour from Feb 17-March 17. I just wanted to let everyone know since I might be a tad slow in posting to the message board. As always, it depends on available FREE TIMe and internet connections. You can bet I will checking in as often as I can. I will also be updating TR's upcoming TouR as I get new info as fast as I can. Please be patient, I will do the best I can.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

JoshMartin
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2005 :  3:39:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That would explain it then!

Thanks for the heads up...

Kobetich music
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2005 :  6:05:27 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoshMartin

That would explain it then!

Thanks for the heads up...

No problemo!

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2005 :  07:52:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Did you try contacting The Booking Agency? Just a thought...

(From the Contact Us page: Tom Baggott - Contact Representative for Booking - (802) 860-7188)
Go to Top of Page

JoshMartin
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  12:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess I will try that route.....

I havent heard a peep out of anyone on this. I'll keep you guys posted.

Josh

Kobetich music
Go to Top of Page

JoshMartin
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  2:03:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Emailed Tom @ The Booking Agency....

Here is what he had to say..

Taping is allowed with Artist's consent. Shouldn't be a problem. Please contact Fluffy for permission.

I'll wait to hear back from Fluffy. I think the Venue is just trying to screw with me. We'll see what happens.

Kobetich music
Go to Top of Page

JoshMartin
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  4:20:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well...the Jackass at the venue wrote me back!!! what an ASS.

"The CONTRACT that I signed with the band!!!! If something goes wrong I could end up in a lawsuit!!"

Thanks

Danny Weaver

Booking @ The Aardvark

Email music@the-aardvark.com

Web SIte www.the-aardvark.com

Club # 817-926-7814

Booking # 817-926-1512

Send Press & Promos

The Aardvark

2905 W. Berry St.

Ft Worth TX 76109

Kobetich music
Go to Top of Page

JoshMartin
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  4:22:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The one time I try and tape Tims Performance I get a bunch of dumbass cocksmokes like this. What the hell? What is the big deal? I am Fucking pissed!

Kobetich music
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  6:03:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't write it off just yet Josh. I have a feeling Fluffy will be able to help you out.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  6:16:07 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
tape it and then firebomb the place afterwords. put a sign that says "great white show tonight one night only." that way you get to tape, see tim play, don't get bothered for taping, and you get to make fun of great white, too. flawless.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2005 :  6:28:54 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
A guy that does the booking for a place is a dick...imagine that.
Go to Top of Page

JoshMartin
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  12:43:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK..here is an update.

"What I mean by a bad night is if someone gets a board feed. And then I get sued for it!! There is a reason for the 20 point. You’re not listing to what I’m saying. You have to deal with me on the recording at my club!! I guess you don’t understand the legalities that are in the contracts."

OK, its a lost cause. Mr. "Its my club" is an ass and needs to be kicked in his good tooth.

Josh

Kobetich music
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  1:33:36 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It would be nice if you could somehow contact Tim/Fluffy and set something up like this:

You walk into the venue with all of your taping gear. Tim Reynolds comes out from backstage and walks with you up to the owner of the club and states the following.

"Hey numbnutz, this is Josh Martin, a fan of mine, he will be recording my show tonight"

That would be great. Fuck the contract, it would be great if Tim himself would just tell this guy that you're recording it.
Go to Top of Page

JoshMartin
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  2:10:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes!! That would be an ideal situation! ..well done!

Its a fucking shame that the "legalities" of a dickhead club owner stand in the way of a free taping policy.

I havent heard from Fluffy yet, so I am waiting to hear his thoughts and opnions on this matter. This has just turned into a nightmare with this club owner.

Kobetich music
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  3:06:48 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If Fluffy or Tim himself tell this douchebag that you can record, you can record. I'm sure of it.
Go to Top of Page

JoshMartin
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  4:35:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"What if someone trips over one of YOUR CABLES and breaks an arm or leg? Are you going to pay their hospital bills? NO it would be the Aardvark that has to pay them which would raise insurance prices. If I let one person I have to let everyone that wants to record the show. Think of all the cables. This is a liability waiting to happen. I wish you could understand this. If this show was outside it would not be a problem. These are the legalities that you do not think of."

I am not looking to hook into his sound board. This is going to be a simple recording with my handheld DVD camcorder.

....this is crazy.

Josh

Kobetich music
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  5:18:13 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tell him that if he lets you record you won't call the cops on him...since he obviously has a crack habit.
Go to Top of Page

JoshMartin
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  4:23:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy emailed me last week and made it clear that he doesnt know what type of contract he is speaking of. He seems to think he has TR confused with another " band". He advised me to come prepared to tape and when he advanced the show he would confirm that recording is OK!

Josh

Kobetich music
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  5:35:54 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You should have Fluffy let you know when exactly he tells that douche that recording is okay. Then you should email him one last time and be like "So, just to clarify one last time. Am I allowed to tape the TR show??"

Just to see what he says after Fluffy tells him it's alright.
Go to Top of Page

JoshMartin
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  2:01:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That fucker will probably be checking ID's at the door and tell me to go home! You guys might see me on the news if that happens though!

The front page will read something like this...

" Deranged Tim Reynolds Fan takes matter into his own hands! "

Yeah, I'll try to get ahold of Fluffy a few days before just to confirm.

Kobetich music
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  10:13:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TTT to bury the spam!

Go to Top of Page

seth_southerland
Is Anybody Here?

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2005 :  5:59:54 PM  Show Profile  Send seth_southerland an AOL message  Reply with Quote
did you get to record it??? i went to that show and i'd looooove to have a copy

dmb - 9-5-05
tr - 5-5-05
3-31-06

plan on going to:
dmb 9-19-06
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page