Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 What's Eating Albert Strange?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2001 :  04:41:39 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What's going on with that? Fluffy?

And I'm curious as to what you play, and if you are on the guitar a lot, do you ever play any of Tim's stuff (even if not with the band)?

I'm just curious about your guitar interest. I mean, does it run in line with what Tim plays or is it ... "now for something completely different."

Just curious.

Peace

-Jason-

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2001 :  05:00:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Albert Strange has apparently changed our name, the band is now called Patron Saints. New lineup, new name. Our stuff is hard to categorize. WE have lots of influences ranging from The Descendants, The Beatles, The Pogues, Bauhaus, and almost anything we have ever listened to. Its heavy and at sometimes fast. Albert Strange(Frank) writes the music and lyrics, then I sit down with him and we work out arrangements. My title would probably be producer/arranger/soundman. Frank calls me the invisible member. I go to band practice and become as familiar with the songs as the members so that when we play shows the band gets the best possible sound they can. It sucks to go to a club and have someguy who doesn't know your music mix you. He misses guitar solos, doesn't know where to highlight or accentuate certain parts or put effects on instruments or vox. I am the glue that holds it all together. If the show sounds great, the band was awesome. IF the show sucked, everybody says "What the hell was up with that soundman". We get no respect. IT is truly rewarding when everyone goes up to the band and says you guys were awesome and sounded great and then the band comes to me and says, "Thanx! everyone said it sounded great". That is my reward. I think there are some pics on the website. I am pretty sure I took them unless they changed it on me. Check it out! http://www.albertstrange.com/

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2001 :  05:05:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Woops, forgot to answer the instrument question. I played drums and bass in high school but gave it up when I decided I never wanted to be famous. I figured the roadie life was more suited to me. I have wanted to take up guitar since meeting TR. He has watched me goof around on the guitar and he thinks I would make a great bass player. I would really like to be the most awesome rhythm guitarist in the world. My idol is Ron Wood. jit jit jittin jit I have a Fender Telecaster with a Floyd Rose whammy and bridge lock and 59 Humbucker and a Jeff Beck pickup. Just wish I could play the damn thing.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2001 :  3:22:39 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I didn't really picture you as a guitar person. Bass maybe, but not guitar. And that's cool that you make yourself known thru being a soundman. I'm sure you're great at it.

Man, all that with your dad and his music translating into you and your music is completely baffling to me. I think when my dad did listen to music it was classical (which I can appreciate), but never anything contemporary. So that's interesting to me.

And I'm glad you found your way to the TR bus. It is interesting to me with all the legs your musical life has been on, and what leg you are on now...

Thanks for the info.

Peace

-Jason-
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2001 :  4:18:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
cool deal fluffy :)

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2001 :  08:41:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My dad is awesome! I grew up listening to Buddy Holly, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Hollies, Cheech and Chong, Moody Blues, Guess Who, basically all the stuff my dad listened to. Also lots of 60's groups like Dave Clark Five and Beau Brummels. He was a DJ on top 40 stations all thru the 70s so I was exposed to lots of music thru him. I am quite thankful for it. I remember in my younger daze going record shopping with my dad. He even got me into collecting vinyl. I had quite a collection by the time i ventured out and discovered my first music on my own. The first album I bought without my dad turning me on to it was probably Alice Cooper "Billion Dollar Babies" and from there I was hooked. I have about 15,000 albums and about 5,000 CDs. Imagine what a rich man i would be if it had not been for my dad. Thanx to my dad i am Richer musically. And to me that is much more important. I LOVE YA, Dad!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2001 :  7:40:18 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
15000 albums , 5000 cds. Lets be conservative and say $10 each... that is $200,000. Yeah, that is TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS...you sure would have been rich...

And I thought I had a lot of cds.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2001 :  05:04:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I never really wanted to look at it that way! Boo hoooo booo hoooo boooohoooooooooooooo

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2001 :  4:46:34 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry man, that must just be my bad attitude (as you call it) shining thru again. But really, you are richer musically now than you would have been if you just had the money. So just think of it as an investment into your life.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2001 :  10:38:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Exactly, I could have said it better myself, especially thru all this crying. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  10:34:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The FLUFFY SUCKS shirts are now available from AlbertStrange.com

Hopefully you will see pictures soon when enthuTIMsiast posts the pics I sent him of the Atlanta gig. Everyone needs to have one of these T-shirts. I got mine, as you will see in the pics if he ever returns and posts them HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2002 :  12:51:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote

Thats me in my Fluffy Sucks shirt with enthuTIMsiast(Jason, who does not live in Atlanta)and Silky the Pimp(obviously not wearing his pimpiest clothes, otherwise he would have on a big hat and a Fluffy Sucks Tshirt, cause that would be PIMPIN')

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2002 :  5:51:00 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HA I'm taller than you both. Bandwidth theif.

Flood control: 40
Jason: 0

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2002 :  5:52:00 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, I have to say, that between my shirt and yours, as cool as yours is, I'd have to take the one I'm wearing over yours... Sorry man... I just like mine soo much.

Flood control: 41
Jason: 0

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2002 :  7:09:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The purple velvet suit and tophat were at the cleaners... I'll be sure to plan better next time.

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2002 :  7:14:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You guys look great!!!!! Would have loved to have seen the purple suit though Silky. hehehehe I noticed the nice tags on the sign behind all of you....too bad it wasn't a plain brick wall

You really should market those shirts Jason!!!!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2002 :  04:28:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HA I'm fatter than you both!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2002 :  3:41:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Silky The Pimp

The purple velvet suit and tophat were at the cleaners... I'll be sure to plan better next time.

You only have one? Man.......the pimpin' business must be going pretty slow. Gotta be the holidays.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2002 :  05:21:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Lest we forget your purple evening wear pcbTIM, where is your purple evening gown? You and Silky would make a great COUPLE in your purple outfits. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2002 :  11:05:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As long as he doesn't try to "pimp" me.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2002 :  12:07:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
As long as he doesn't try to "pimp" me.

I can't be held responsible for things like that... it might just be an autonomic response type thing.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2002 :  05:42:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Silky, how much for the one in the purple evening dress?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2002 :  11:13:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What you offering... she's a fine ho...

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2002 :  4:32:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You mean "he"......

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2002 :  5:40:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's open to interpretation...

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2002 :  8:14:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't think so....

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2002 :  9:27:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Shhh... you'll spook the customer.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2002 :  10:26:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How do you know? He could be into that kind of thing.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2002 :  11:56:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good point. Fluffy...

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2002 :  8:15:10 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hee hee, I love the pic of you guys! Wish I could have been there!
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2002 :  7:01:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I get to see Fluffy on Friday!!! For a whole week! YAY! Happy Holidays!

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2002 :  7:06:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awe, that's great. Hope you have a great TIMe! Best times are spent with those you love!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2002 :  05:19:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy Sucks!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2002 :  06:31:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awe....why do you say that????

And thank you for helping to bury a post I was hoping would go away..I think you will know the one I am talking about, hehehehe

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2002 :  06:51:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I didn't, the T-shirt did! HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2002 :  04:47:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy Sucks t-shirts make great Xmas presents!! Ah hell, Xmas is over or at least it is too late to be buying presents, so I suggest anyone who got money for Xmas invest in the CHICest piece of clothing you will ever own, be the first one on your block to scream it from the highest telephone pole and from your chest, FLUFFY SUCKS!!!

www.albertstrange.com

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2002 :  01:14:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And for the adults, get the "Fluffy Sucks Dick" T-shirt. Wear it to parties, astound your friends. Show them that you know what Fluffy does. And it will provide hours of entertainment when you watch your friends and co-workers try to figure out why you know this.

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2002 :  01:19:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAHAHAHA......Now that's funny!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2002 :  02:17:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The original Fluffy Sucks t-shirts from 10 years ago actually came out in a PG format and an R format. The PG format just said "Fluffy Sucks" on the front, the R format also said "but he don't swallow!" on the back, but these look much nicer than those did. HEHE These are PURPLE!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2002 :  02:28:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah.......the newer models are always better.

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2002 :  06:26:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But the old ones (R) were even funnier!hehehe

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  06:03:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We have considered making a batch of the R rated versions again. We will see, we will see.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2003 :  10:31:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you do, I want one, hehehe

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2003 :  1:58:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think every TR TASK FORCE member who goes to a TR show should be required to wear a Fluffy Sucks t-shirt -- or they won't be allowed to hang out with the cREW...

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2003 :  3:50:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah Teri, maybe that should be added to the unwritten rules of the board!hehehe!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  4:33:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of, where has pcbTIM been? He has been slacking on keeping up with updates to the message board rules. HEHE Looks like he has 2 to add.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2003 :  02:48:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
3 back for pcbTIM!!! Thanx buddy, you do a great job here, don't let anyone tell you different. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  10:00:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love this thread!! Oh the journeys of our posts.........................

But what I really meant to say was, the Albert Strange Starfucker CD (www.albertstrange.com) is GREAT GREAT GREAT. Get it if you don't have it. I like to blast it while wearing my Fluffy Sucks T-shirt.

and the peanut gallery would really like Albert Strange to make more CD's!!!! hint hint, did you get that Albert?
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2004 :  12:16:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh and.......
I saw a great bumper sticker today
NICE PEOPLE swallow
(seriously, no joke)!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic