One more "name that tune"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  03:52:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=08XTES7U

Tim is very very softly singing something. It sounds like the lines are:

"There is a river
We're going deep inside
There is a river
Where you cannot hide
There is a river
[unintelligable]"

any ideas?

~pw'oikr
~( ">

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  08:08:33 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The Thing.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  08:52:16 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Actually, listen to the tape you have of 1990-09-15. This song is just before Mind Over Matter and Kabbalah... TR mentions at the end of the song that the name is "The Thing". :)

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  2:19:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
no shit, i wouldnt have thought to listen to that. hah, thanks man.

edit: I recognized another word in the Thing song, and apparently its the song Samantabhadra... maybe it developed, but the same lyrics are there (there is a river / Samantabhadra), and the drumming is similar. So im going to label this tune Samantabhadra, and consider what to do with The Thing (leave it be, anotate it, change it...)

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  8:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Could that 1990 show somehow make it onto archive.org or something? I'd like to check it out.

my favorite color is go fuck yourself. :D
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  8:28:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
its actualy on que on my ftp program as we speak. 5/21/05 just finnished, 10/2/93 is on d1t07 (of 3 discs), and then 9/15/90 gets upped.

Next up, a dateless 1992 show that i havent even listened to yet.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  11:53:39 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
the 1998 TR3 show I just upped should be available soon as well... I'll post a link when it is. I expect in an hour or so, maybe. :)

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  11:59:30 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erich

no shit, i wouldnt have thought to listen to that. hah, thanks man.

edit: I recognized another word in the Thing song, and apparently its the song Samantabhadra... maybe it developed, but the same lyrics are there (there is a river / Samantabhadra), and the drumming is similar. So im going to label this tune Samantabhadra, and consider what to do with The Thing (leave it be, anotate it, change it...)

Good call on that being Samantabhadra. ... On that 1990 show, TR definately sings those lyrics, and he definately calls the song "The Thing" but I think we'll all agree that he'll say a song is called whatever pops into his head when he's playing. So yeah... I think it's safe to go with Samantabhadra on any song with those lyrics, regardless of the stage in the songs development.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2005 :  02:31:03 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow, awesome work everyone, looks we will all have a bunch of new (old) TR to listen to soon!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  10:48:07 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a song I need help naming, if anyone has the time. I'll try to pull an mp3 sample... just let me know on aim if you can. Thanks.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  12:03:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Badass.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic