598 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  12:19:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did anyone here attend? If so, spread the love people. Peace, Robin

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  1:02:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am kind of surprised no one posted anything about either show in Co yet. I agree Robin, it would be nice to hear a review.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Just April
Is Anybody Here?

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  5:35:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Just April's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all :) Back from Boulder. Tim was great as usual. We were lucky enough to be able to hang out with him and Mrs. Tim for a few before the show, because my kids had a gift for him. They were super nice, and said they should bring their daughter next time so the kids could hang out :D

The opener blew. He was sloppy as hell. You could tell he was talented and all, but he kept missing notes and even missing the strings during Strums. I am sure Joey could have out played him. Doug somebody or other. Then he had a guy come out that SHOULD have been the opener, Marcus Eaton. He was wonderful, and even played a song with tim later in the show.

Tim's set was perfect. Flawless as usual. All acoustic. We were right in front and Joey had his eyes glued to tim the entire time. No doubt I will hear the pedals and guitar all day today

Anyway, wonderful as usual, and I hope to see Tim around again as soon as possible.

;)
Go to Top of Page

Just April
Is Anybody Here?

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  5:40:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Just April's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh..and by the way. Tim had wanted to see my son play....if Fluffy or someone would be so kind as to pass this on to he and Diane:

I don't see private messages as an option?

http://s94929967.onlinehome.us/

The first few minutes of the gig are totally dark...bad camera, but then they brighten up. Check out him play Voodoo Chile behind his head

;)
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  6:00:04 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Just April

All acoustic.

All acoustic? Not a mix like recent shows?

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Just April
Is Anybody Here?

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  6:02:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Just April's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All acoustic

;)
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  6:23:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
April, I haven't had much TIMe to hang around the TR boards and I'm not sure how much I will be able to in the future, but I was glad I got to come here a bunch of TIMes today! Your review was great, but the best part was seeing the videos of your son, he is awesome! What a great little guitar player, he blew me away! Tell him if he ever tours to Philly, I will be sure to catch a show! BTW, I am glad you didn't have a private way to show TIM, or I wouldn't have been able to hear him play!

You definitely have an up and coming star on your hands, hope you are up to the challenge! As one mom to another, well done!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  7:27:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
so marcus eaton didnt open, what did he do was he like the second opening act? and what song did they play together, and did anyone get audio of anything?

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2006 :  12:55:12 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Just April

All acoustic

Cool. I like acoustic. I like electric.

I just like going to see TR and family.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2006 :  2:31:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the review!And April WOW! Your son is amazing.Lucky to see Marcus too, he's wonderful. Thanks for the review again. Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

OnlySuperstition
Chatterbox

150 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2006 :  4:33:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Um that little child is going to dominate by the time he reaches his teen years. To the parents of that child watch out for the ladies because your kid is going to be pimp......

Slaughter, a word to live by....
Go to Top of Page

riceboy
Is Anybody Here?

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2006 :  7:53:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit riceboy's Homepage  Send riceboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just got back from The Beav, second day this weekend, tons of powder this afternoon, ended up shutting down my favorite lift. But I got one run in on my favorite chute, at least six inches of fresh. Only did a half day cause Aspen rocked! Makes me happy.

Hauled ass into Boulder on friday, caught that show, it was bad ass, an all acoustic show was nice, but last time in Boulder seeing Tim play electric with his teeth was awesome.

It was pretty bad ass when I yelled for "Come Together" and then Tim played it right then. I got to tell him that last night in Aspen.

Aspen, man, that show was sold out before I got there, packed house at an awesome place to watch a show! Real nice stage, every view was great. And Tim put on a hell of a show, but the only bad thing about the show was that when tourists drink at 8000 feet, they get drunk, when they get drunk they wont shutup, so during the quiet songs, Tim had to occasionally get loud to shut everyone up. But Tim was awesome, as usual. I got to ask him how he does that fast ass thumb roll bass, he said he doesn't know what he's doing most times.

Maybe Aspen was also cool because I found my self sitting in the middle of an iced over street in Aspen village with this beautiful girl for 20 mins cause we slipped and fell on the ice...use your imagination.

But a damn lift ticket costs $78 in Aspen, and they have shitty snow compared to us this year, (there is only like two feet on the sides of the roads in Aspen) so I booked it back to Vail today and went to The Beav....ahh good weekend.

Shows Attended - 11.03.01 (Dallas) - 04.05.05 (Ft. Worth) - 09.30.05 (Boulder) - 01.06.06 (Boulder) - 01.07.06 (Aspen) - 03.31.06 (Dallas) Plus I got to catch the Dave and Tim in Vegas
Go to Top of Page

Just April
Is Anybody Here?

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  10:57:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Just April's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the kind words on My son, Joey :) My oldest son likes to sing, but only for operas...mozart and things. Maybe one day they will have a band

Marcus came out and played one song with the lame opener guy (I was like STAY!!! but oh well..even Joey was commenting on how he was missing notes)

I can't remember what he played with tim....I didn't recognize it as a TR song. Anyone?

;)
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  11:24:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
they played "You Are My Sanity " together.

and audio tapers there?

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

Just April
Is Anybody Here?

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  09:40:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Just April's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry I didn't see any tapers, but I was front row against the stage, so there could have been tapers behind me.

;)
Go to Top of Page

riceboy
Is Anybody Here?

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  11:31:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit riceboy's Homepage  Send riceboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I saw no tapers in Boulder or Aspen, maybe I need to become a taper now.

Shows Attended - 11.03.01 (Dallas) - 04.05.05 (Ft. Worth) - 09.30.05 (Boulder) - 01.06.06 (Boulder) - 01.07.06 (Aspen) - 03.31.06 (Dallas) Plus I got to catch the Dave and Tim in Vegas
Go to Top of Page

debourax
Is Anybody Here?

21 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  1:23:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow. Your son is amazing april.

Did you get any pictures with Tim or any pics during the show at all?
Go to Top of Page

riceboy
Is Anybody Here?

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  2:12:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit riceboy's Homepage  Send riceboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a couple of low quality pics from the shows, but I cant attach them to the post

Go to Top of Page

debourax
Is Anybody Here?

21 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  2:21:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by riceboy

I have a couple of low quality pics from the shows, but I cant attach them to the post

http://imageshack.us/ will let you host them
Go to Top of Page

Just April
Is Anybody Here?

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  4:59:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Just April's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did get a few, and one from last time, but since I am not so techie, I will have my hubby put them up when he gets home from work :)

And thanks! I think Joey is pretty dang cool too

;)
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2006 :  11:37:39 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the review, and I agree with the others, you kid is nuts. Darn parents, I wish they had put a guitar in my hands when I was born.

Riceboy, I didn't understand a thing you said!!! All that "skiing talk" doesn't compute to a So Cal boy. I've got to go visit some snow this year.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

riceboy
Is Anybody Here?

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  09:59:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit riceboy's Homepage  Send riceboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This might clear something up

"The Beav" is http://beavercreek.snow.com/

Thats home on the weekends, I'm actaully using a sick day tomorrow cause were supposed to get new snow tonight.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  4:42:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
From Marcus' message board:
quote:
My comrade Doug Baker was opening for Tim and I happened to be in Boulder. I was planning on attending the TR show and saying hello to Tim, however I needed to kill some time. I headed across the street into one of my favorite record shops, Albums on the Hill. I then received the message that Doug was trying to get a hold of me. (He also works there.) I called him and he invited me to play a tune with him. He wanted to play my song Drug.

Everyone was downstairs in the newly remodeled greenroom at The Fox Theater where I had the pleasure of meeting Tim’s wife. It was awesome to catch up with Tim, because we had a great time on the road during the fall.

One of the things I talked to Tim about (on the road) was the fact that I had transcribed many of his tunes. I asked him for some help with his song Impermanence and showed him some others I had worked up.

Skip-back to the Fox. Tim asked me to show Dianne Is anyone here, one of his songs off of his album See into your Soul. I began playing and she was quite impressed that I had played it so accurately…I was a little anxious, playing one of my heroes songs for my hero! I ran through some of the other songs of Tim’s and had him help me through some chords when Dianne suggested that we play a song together. Something close to; “I would never suggest that anyone play with Tim, but you definitely should.” Tim was game and we agreed to play one of my favorites You are my Sanity.

Believe me, at this point I was jumping for joy, anticipating joining one of my idols on stage.
I do not want to downplay how much fun it was to jam with Doug. He is full of smiles and heart and it is music for the pure joy of it. Drug was great and we had a blast.

Now I am downstairs listening for Tim to invite me onstage. I hear him say my name and I emerge from the shadows of the basement. From now on, I am floating. Tim tells me how he will count the song in and that I will take the first solo in the solo section. 1-2-3- 1-2-3 and we are off.
Now, usually while joining someone on stage one is not playing the exact same part, but rather and accompanying piece. But, Tim and I were playing an exact unison part together. It sounded like one thunderous acoustic. Much like an album with doubled guitars.

I forgot the crowd was there. Everything disappeared except for Tim and me. Tim had an expression on his face, where I knew he had gone to the same place as me. Each note we played was like dropping ballast from a hot air balloon, propelling us further in the air.
All too quickly the song was over. Tim opened his eyes and with a smile, gave me an enormous hug.

He announced my name to the audience and I announced him, with no mic. I then walked to the mic and said “Tim Reynolds is my hero, by the way.”

After the show, I thanked Tim for the best on-stage moment of my life thus far. To my surprise, he thought it was one of his as well and explained to me that it was every bit as fun as playing with Stanley Jordan (which he had recently done.) He was very touched and so was I. I have a feeling we will get to do it again very soon. Hopefully all of you can be there next time. According to Dianne, I am the first person to join Tim on stage for one of his solo shows. I am honored.

As soon as I get the pictures developed, I will post them on the site.

MARCUS

If you would like to comment on Marcus' story here is the link to the thread on his message board:

http://burnitdown.proboards58.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1137024823

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  6:02:07 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
dang I hope that was recorded.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000