Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Show Reviews
 11/17/05 Baltimore, MD 8X10(formerly Funk Box)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

OnlySuperstition
Chatterbox

150 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2005 :  7:01:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am speachless as to what to say about the show. First off he played hug. Not something he pulls out everyday. Hopeful and I were right in the front videotaping the show. After a song or two I mentioned Breathing Space and Hopeful goes "you would do that now would you Tim, not Breathing Space" a few minutes later sure enough BREATHING SPACE. I guess my big mouth finally was put to good use. He had to have heard our converation. The set was excellent. Here comes the sun was amazing. The Che was one for the record books. It had like a reggae feel to it at times. The set list is a bit foggy for me booze will do that from time to time. I was not impressed with the venue except that we were so close to him. I was not happy wiht the crowd during Matts set but they seem ed to quiet a bit for time. Matt you set was awsome and your parents are very nice people. Matts parents were right near the bar s i ran into them a handfull of times. Um as always Tim was at this best. Gotta run. hopefull will get out a dvd at somepoint if he ever decides to come out of hibernation ( its a PA thing). Have a nice day

Slaughter, a word to live by....

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  04:02:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Did Fluffy make it to the show, or did jet lag get the better of him?

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  8:01:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey TR Freaks:

Without saying the show was awesome...well, it was awesome.

Great finally being able to meet Matt, who also did a spectacular set (albeit to quietly against the house's chattering idiots). We taped Matt as well as Tim, so we are going to include his performance on the DVD extra. Apologies to Matt for getting heavily diluted and not getting his CD from his folks...they wouldn't let me back in...hey now...ANYWAY, he'll be on the DVD. Great meeting Patrick (DirtySloth) as well, hopefully he wasn't too freaked out by my druken bantering!

Tim started after space madness by saying the first song is called HUG. We of course, went ballistic, as we had heard it in Brooklyn in April (DVD to come when I pull my head out my ass.) Tim says "You've never heard this song before!" so we replyed by obnoxious screaming, "Brooklyn!" back at him. I think at that point he knew he was playing to a charged house. I don't know how many TIMes Tim played HUG since the 4/29 show, but it has evolved into a kickass thumb-thumping parade. Next off was CHE. Gwow.

Anyway, without drooling over every song he played, he included: Hug, Che, Rheginos and the Resurrection, Come Together, Breathing Space, Betrayal, Sinceritox (I think...I was borderline hammered.) Danger/Doom, If 6 was 9, Radar Contact, Indoctrinate, Here Comes The Sun, Stream (Matt incorporated Kashmir into one of his songs...beat Tim to the punch), Kundalini Bonfire, All You Need is Love. Hopefully Fluffy hits us with a setlist, I know there is one, unfortunately we didn't get a picture of it. I was too far gone to remember them all.

Anyway, we got it on camera, so hopefully we'll be able to share it all with you soon, hopefully we roll (AHAHA) right from the Brooklyn Disc to the Baltimore very quickly.

Kickass!

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

Kenneth
Chatterbox

218 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2005 :  11:07:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice reviews. Sounds like another great performance but I've come to expect nothing but greatness from TR. I'm interested in seeing the next run of dates; the next cd release; or just the next big news coming out of the TR camp. I wonder what's next? I personally would love a 2 disc cd with songs similar to PU on one disc and on the other disc all new acoustic tunes, i.e. Che, Vantage Point, Betrayel, DOOM (this song really should be released on cd), Uncle Chair, etc... I will wait with eager anticipation.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000