Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 George Carlin life is worth losing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  6:42:08 PM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
George Carlin's latest...one of the most brutal attacks on man i have ever heard, by anyone. definitely worth listening to..fluffy have you heard this one yet?

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  12:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not yet, but he certainly has gotten more vitriolic over the years! Look forward to hearing it. Thanx for the heads up!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  3:12:01 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
carlin is fantastic.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  11:07:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too have not heard it, but I have one of those daily calendars by my computer and this year I got George Carlin's.

Today it says: Do you know why hurricanes have names instead of numbers? To keep the killing personal. No one cares about a bunch of people killed by a number. "200 Dead as Number Three Slams Ashore" is not nearly as interesting a headline as "Charlie Kills 200." Death is much more satisfying and entertaining if you personalize it.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  2:55:12 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
haha, pretty funny. I had no idea Carlin has a daily calendar. I might have to look for that on clearance somewhere... you know the whole I missed the first 3 months discount they have on calendars.

Kind of off topic, but also a bit on topic (stand up) is anyone here into Dane Cook?

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  8:06:28 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i am. dane cook is hilarious.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  8:39:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dane Cook is hilarious. The weird guy at work bit and the "cheaters" bits are my favorite.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

guitfiddler
Chatterbox

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  10:14:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dane Cook is awesome. I saw him in Vegas. I was a fan before, but you should see him live. I 'bout wet myself.
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  10:18:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
im waiting for the carlin disc in the mail.

what does Dane COok joke about? Topic wise...pretty curious.
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  11:45:49 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
random shit, but not like mitch hedberg random. nothing political. i don't know. it's hard to explain. he does this bit about what the kool aid commericial would be like in real life, fights in relationship, ect.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

guitfiddler
Chatterbox

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  01:34:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Observational humor. Seinfeld on crack.
Go to Top of Page

guitfiddler
Chatterbox

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  01:45:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.danecook.com/index.php?video=31
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  01:48:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm fifty/fifty on Hedberg. Some of it I just don't care for, other things I chuckle or laugh over.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  07:35:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
haha sweet Ill have to check it out.
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  2:58:04 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i don't like hedberg. he geot lucky sometimes with a joke, but mostly it seems like he just got high and said shit. if i wanted that, i'd go to the movies. the fucker behind me usually fits that grim critera.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  6:51:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
just got it today...what a great line:

"say what you want about America, land of the free, home of the brave. But we got some dumbass motherfuckas floatin' around this country...dumb...ass...mother...fuckas"
Go to Top of Page

guitfiddler
Chatterbox

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  9:09:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this is an old topis, but I found the streaming video for Life is Worth Losing. YouTube.com is a great site by the way.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=miXGJY13NII&search=life%20is%20worth%20losing
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  02:09:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dane Cook is the least funny fuck I have ever seen. What a commercialized ball of excrement.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

aria
Is Anybody Here?

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  09:42:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit aria's Homepage  Send aria an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't know much about Dane Cook.... Mitch Hedberg... the first time I saw his spiel on DVD I didn't laugh very much (but when i did... it was good)... but I've heard his CDs...and they crack me up!

Carlin is one of the only people that can make me laugh out-loud hysterically from reading. (Yes, I read his books) And I met him which is cool.

'I may not have gone where I intended to go,
but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.'
-Douglas Adams

'if not now,
when?'-Rabbi Hillel
Go to Top of Page

guitfiddler
Chatterbox

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  9:38:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Dane Cook is the least funny fuck I have ever seen. What a commercialized ball of excrement.

You've got to take him for what he's worth. He's obviously not as intelligent as Carlin and his jokes/observations are kind of retarded, but they're funny. He's not making a statement, he's not an artist, he's a goofy bastard. I think goofy bastards are pretty funny.

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do." -Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  02:10:52 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
random shit, but not like mitch hedberg random

I've been searching this whole "youtube" website a lot lately, and they have some great Mitch Hedberg Videos, one is a whole 30 min special. This guy is halarious.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nOnsH29qKzY

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  5:48:05 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
how do you mean commericialize? or are you just throwing that word out there? i mean, is he the kind of commericialized comic who, say, does a lot hbo spots and does books (carlin) or is on comedy central a lot (lewis black)? i don't know what you're criteria, if any, you're using for that word.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2006 :  9:35:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK I was bored so I looked ahead at my George Carlin daily calendar.

I like April 5th's quote: Indoor electric illumination is often refered to as "artificial light." How can it be artificial? The way I look at it is this: If I can read by it, see myself in the mirror, and recognize my friends, it's probably as real as I'm ever going to need it to be.

Then there is April 12th's quote: The wrong two Beatles died first.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000