TRelated Topics
 Dave + Tim to tour the UK?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2006 :  5:35:37 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I really hate to help spread the rumors of another D+T tour but as Antsmarching is reporting, this rumor seems to come straight from Dave's mouth.

quote:
During Dave Matthews' recent trip to London, the Kings College show wasn't the only one he played. Less then 2 miles away Dave held a lunch-hour industry/press showcase at a lounge called 'The Social'. There Dave played about 6 songs for about 50 people that were included on the attendees list.

Ants user Focaccino was one of the lucky few to attend the concert and was able to talk with Dave following the set. When asked when he would come back Dave said he wanted to come back and do a mini tour and mentioned the possibly of Tim Reynolds joining as it might not be worth the whole band coming over at this point.

god
Kevin

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2006 :  8:20:55 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"might not be worth the whole band coming over at this point" as if that'd be better somehow? phht.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2006 :  8:34:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow, I almost hope that happens. It could give TR some exposure overseas and maybe I might finally get to do my long-hoped-for TR european TouR!!! I am so selfish. LOL

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2006 :  9:44:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am going to have to go with Jason on that one? I ask myself, is it ever better with the band?? But IF this whole european tour thing does go down, Im there with a weekend stop off in Amsterdam.

I think Tim could do amazing things over there, when I went to europe 2 years ago, people were blown away when they would listen to my iPod and hear for the first time "Hopeful Heresy" or even "Big Blast"

Im on the boat anyone else??

Rob
Go to Top of Page

OnlySuperstition
Chatterbox

150 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2006 :  08:37:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree the exposure would be advantageous (sp). The down side is i dont think im gonna make it. TR in NJ... again....

p.s. the rumor mill churns once again

Slaughter, a word to live by....
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2006 :  10:55:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll fly to Europe, I ain't fucking around.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

OnlySuperstition
Chatterbox

150 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2006 :  11:30:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you'll buy my ticket then?

Slaughter, a word to live by....
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  9:39:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I split hotel costs, i go hostel and sleep on floors if I have too. Im down, Erich knows Im down, Speaking of Erich, are you down?

Rob
Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  9:48:55 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i smell a TR task force eurotrip. minus the brother and sister making out...

my favorite color is go fuck yourself. :D
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  10:23:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I bet the TR task force would make the football(soccer) hooligans look like a bunch of pansies. "It's not Timmy,....bitch" proceeded by maybe I dont know getting their asses kicked by rockin acoustic music.

Either way, Im there, hell ill plan it all if I have too, who do I contact for that?

Rob
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  11:37:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'd go, no question.

Go to Top of Page

Focaccino
Is Anybody Here?

1 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  4:18:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is true, seems the horses mouth in this case does tell the truth, actually, I am speculating here, but judging by the venues Dave is planning to play 12/13/15 May, seems he is quite likely to get Tim to come over and join him! The Hammersmith Apollo is a bit big for one guy, but not for Dave and Tim! Lets go and se shall we....
Go to Top of Page

page0178
Is Anybody Here?

27 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  4:47:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd definately fly to Europe...that is, if the horses mouth isn't the horses ass and this is all true!

Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  11:38:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh Yeah!! Either way im there. Ill take my chances, a pint, and some fish and chips. Jolly good!! and if them ware house blokes dont give me my tickets their going to get a bloody good kickin'. LOL ooo Im too much sometimes. screw the south-african fella, Tim needs to do a euro tour. I'd be all about following a few shows in a mini-cooper (minor detour to amsterdam, Then belgium on the way back....mmm waffles)

....I still the the playboy mansion show would be the best though.

Rob
Go to Top of Page

Kevin
Chatterbox

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  02:53:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eh...the warehouse announced the shows as DM solo. If Tim really was gonna show up they most likely would have said so...that definately isn't something the DMB crew would hide IMO.

I'd love to see some new D+T, but I don't think it's happening this May.
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  1:25:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah prolly not anytime soon. I saw Tim play with that south african dood 3 times, and all were fricken amazing.no doubt in my mind I would try and sell organs on the black market to go to another T+D show.

Rob
Go to Top of Page

JoeGamo05
Chatterbox

USA
279 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  11:12:20 AM  Show Profile  Send JoeGamo05 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
tr task force ASSSSEEEEEMMMBBBBLLLEEEE *blows through a seashell*

to europe!!!! hahaha that would be cool, i've always wanted to go

When the trees start walking, the ground starts moving, your insane, your insane
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  2:23:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoeGamo05

tr task force ASSSSEEEEEMMMBBBBLLLEEEE *blows through a seashell*

to europe!!!! hahaha that would be cool, i've always wanted to go

This isn't gonna turn into some "lord of the flies", kill the pig, get the conch thing, is it?

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

sciphish
Chatterbox

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  7:27:17 PM  Show Profile  Send sciphish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Since there isnt a whole ton of us on here... Why don't we ever get the chance to get special tickets? I mean all of us are a lot more legit then have the Dave fans at a T+D show... Besides Last time I went I didnt get whorehouse tickets, and ended up waiting in line over night right on lake michigan (in the middle of Feb. may i add) just to get tix. And most of the others that wait were planning on selling them on ebay.... COME ON!! Us real fans deserve some credit.... Ok im done, sorry...

I'm almost there...
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  7:46:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, it's fucking bullshit. I spent $180 in March 2003 to see T&D n Norfolk, VA (6.5 hrs from my house)...I turned the kid in a got him booted from the Whorehouse, but it is still shitty. So many Dave fans are fucking reatrds.

C'est la vie...or some shit.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  05:15:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DaRavyn

I am going to have to go with Jason on that one? I ask myself, is it ever better with the band?? But IF this whole european tour thing does go down, Im there with a weekend stop off in Amsterdam.

I think Tim could do amazing things over there, when I went to europe 2 years ago, people were blown away when they would listen to my iPod and hear for the first time "Hopeful Heresy" or even "Big Blast"

Im on the boat anyone else??

I'm in, obviously.

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  05:16:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guitarisPIMP

minus the brother and sister making out...

What does this mean?

teri
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  6:48:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
the brother sister comment was from the movie Eurotrip.

I got confirmation today I will be attending all three shows, and before that i got TR in CA. damn alot of traveling for music.

looks like TR Taskforce UK chapter is going into effect.

Rob
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  04:51:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DaRavyn

the brother sister comment was from the movie Eurotrip.

Okay, good. You had me worried there for a minute.

teri
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000