10/19/06 Hal & Mal's Jackson, MS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  03:16:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Another wonderful show, unfortunately another loud audience but we are becoming accustomed to it by now. LOL I have a feeling we will be back, we had a good turn out and did well for the club for a thursday nite, although next TIMe I think they will put us in their smaller room which is a seated, non-smoking room. In retrospect the club figured we should have played in there tonite but even though it was a loud crowd they were in a good mood so they drink alot more which is good for the bar. In the smaller room he said their liquor sales might not have been as good but it would have been more suited to the show. Either way, we had a good TIMe and look forward to playing Hal & Mal's in the future. Another venue with FINE, FINE food. Predominantly cajun menu and really, really good if you like cajun dishes with a bit 'o' spice. The setlist looked a little like this:

SpaceTime Relativity
Captain Goldfish Oreo
Betrayal
The Truth
Jemez
Sitting On the Dock...Up
Jumped The Boogie
Indoctrinate
Spastic Tentacles
--------------------------
Ancestors
Ocean
Strum U Don't No Sumpin
Vantage
Old Bones
Axiom OR Levee
-----------------------------
Unload The Box
At Times
Chatterbox
Scared Thought Of A Drama Cycle
--------------------------------
Glands Full
Boom(Doom)
Hold On
----------------------------------
Heart of the Rodent
Cold Sweat - Oozing Meat

Most notably is the addition of Sitting on the Dock of the Bay to the set. TR told me what Up was but I forgot already. LOL Apparently, this is not the first TIMe TR has performed this but it is since my tenure with him. He said he used to play it back in the TR3 daze. So you know, it is sans vocals with TR playing the vocal part with a slide. UNBEFUCKINLEVIEVEABLE!! Very sweet instrumental slide version. Worthy of inclusion in a television commercial. LOL Up is something from long ago as well but the first TIMe I have heard TR play it. I don't think At Times was played but the substitution was a request for YAMS. As for Axiom OR Levee, don't think Axiom was played but Levee definitely was. Maybe both, can't remember. LOL Good news is the show was recorded so the tale of the tape will tell the TRUTH. There were 2 recordings done. One was with mics and that will be sent but because the audience was so loud not sure how it will come out. Mike who recorded with mics said he has had pretty good luck there and his mics were high so he has high hopes for a good recording. It was also recorded by the soundman, Chuck and he will be sending a .wav file of the show to both myself and John Semon in the not too distant future. So this show should be out there soon. Well that's about it for tonite. Ohhhhh, don't think Heart of the Rodent was played but Cold Sweat was played as the encore.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000