11/09/06 Manayunk Brewery Philly, PA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  01:41:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
First let me apologize to the folks in attendance at this particular gig. We had a great soundcheck and then when TR went on stage for his set we had major technical difficulties to SOUND issues. We did our best to sort it out, but by the TIMe the problem was discovered it was too late. I have been assured by the venue that there will be a completely different sound setup there for our return engagement on the 15th.

That said, there were a few highlights to an otherwise abysmal nite. At one point TR had to play sans PA and the entire room actually quieted down and TR played solo acoustic guitar to a the room with no PA. TR also played Mercy Street tonite which was prolly the second highlight of the show. By the end it wasn't half-bad but I was in such a state after the rest of the nite and the feeling of helplessness that it was hard to enjoy the evening. TR told me later that at one point he almost got so frustrated that he almost asked me to go to the soundboard and take over. TR handled the whole incident as a consumate professional despite his frustration. The promoter and owner were livid and quite embarrassed as were (c)Rew and myself. There is nothing worse than feeling helpless to fix the situation. To the crowds credit they never gave up on TR and although it was a tuff gig sound-wise I think TR gave a fantastic performance. The setlist didn't really follow to well as you can imagine given our circumstances but I will post it here nonetheless. Hopeful Rolling Waves got audio from the board, which I doubt came out very good and also shot video so those will tell the true setlist when they emerge. We had quite a crew of Task Forcers in effect at the show so it was nice to have support from the board on such a stressful nite. Thanx to Erich, Dave Cahill, Jared and all the rest who traveled all the way to Philly for less than average show. I promise we will try and make it up to you tomorrow nite. Thanx to PJK and her daughter Wendy and son Bill for being there to support us in our TIMe of greatest stress. Having friends around keeping grounded always helps in such TIMes of crisis. Here is the setlist as printed:

Space Dix
Inner City Blues, What's Goin On
Betrayal
Captain Goldfish Ohio
Che
Indoctrinate
Skeletor Is Out
---------------------------
Axiom
Old Bones
Revolution
Doom
Hands Full
Arroyo
--------------------------
Dick My Space Nut Farm
Noble So and So
Mercy Street for PJK
Kundalini Spinality
Ancestors
Ocean
Stream
Hold On
Cold Sweat
Our Messy Things, Mess Of Things, Coherent Blashemy

Nothing was played after Hold On, that was the end of the set and there was no encore tonite for obvious reasons.

Thanx to Dave and his staff for taking great care of us in the face of such adversarial sound. Other than the sound, we had a great TIMe. Let's all hope that Wed is far better as I am sure it will be with new sound in the house and a higher stage. Once again let me apologize to anyone in attendance, please don't hold it against TR, as the sound was out of our control and we did our damnest to get it as good as possible. Wed will be much better.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  07:44:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THANK YOU!!! It was a very healing night, in spite of the technical problems.

quote:
Having friends around keeping grounded always helps in such TIMes of crisis.

I couldn't agree more and I think you know what I mean, Fluffy.

Again, Thank You TIM, Fluffy, and Rew........from the bottom of my heart I thank you!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  12:03:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Listening over the audio I got last nite, I can say now that while the whole show will not be salvagable, the middle ground we worked to by around 45 minutes into the set should produce at least listenable audio.

I felt terrible even standing next to the sound guy with my laptop, as he had no idea what was going on during Tim's set. He just kept tweaking stuff, I had to say "Dude, leave it." and the worst part...he listened. The look of death Rew was giving this guy may have been the lone redeeming quality of the audio debacle.

Despite the aforementioned problems, the video should be pretty cool, Tim did play STRAIGHT acoustic for the first few tunes, started with Inner City Blues (what a shame to not be able to hear it really), a sweet Betrayal (mad ups to John Kerry for being a douche), an awesome After the Goldrush / Ohio combo and a ripping Che. Big props to Pam for requesting Mercy Street (an apropos song for this venue!) and for Tim again for a monster Doom, Kundalini Bonfire, and Stream w/ Super Terrific Zeppelin Medley! Understandable, however, if TR and cREW don't want this one to circulate, though Tim played great, the frustration was definitely evident.

I fucked up and set my camera for LP b4 the show thinking I could get 80min in or so then swap tapes, but because of me not thinking Tim was gonna even make 90 minutes in this room, the cam ran out, so there is a one minute drop in Stream (the 2nd to last song) at the end for a tape change, but all of the closer Hold On I'm Coming was taped.

Thanks again to the cREW for the generous hospitality in the face of adversity ;). Surprisingly Tim and Tim were in great spirits after the show, always good to talk shop with those guys...hopefully we'll see a fluffier Fluffy tonite! Hey, we got SOMETHING.

Best Moment of Nite: I drop the video camera on the floor and me and Cahill stand there and laugh at it while on-lookers think we're crazy. (I bought the thing just to tape the shows...wink wink)

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  12:28:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh man that sounds so frustrating. Wishing you all a much better TIMe tonight and the rest of the tour.Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  4:06:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Must be. What a weird vibe.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  4:33:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
AHAHA

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  02:22:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
posted by Rubylith elsewhere on the board on 11/11/2006 : 01:09:13 AM
quote:
Ok A brief summary...

Thurs 11/9 There were some sound problems but Tim stuck it out. He even unplugged for the 2nd song and played totally acoustically. Everyone was quiet for the time being. He then plugged back in and had a small battle with the demons in the PA, either that or the sound guy was really partying hard. Besdies the point TIM sang amazingly and played really well. We got a lot on video including the "unplugged" part. What was funny is we stayed on Rt.95 a little too long, we left at 11:30 or so and somehow ended up in fucking ATLANTIC CITY at 1am. Mind you I have work in a few hours. We drove around and somehow made it back to Flemington by 2:30. We then get pulled over and somehow the cop doesn;t see the empty 6 pack in the car. He lets us go, we get home, I fall alseep and have a suck ass day at work.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000