10/14/06 Freebird Cafe Jacksonville, FL
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  11:07:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well after what seemed like an extremely long drive given it was only 230 miles and it took us 4 1/2 hours we arrived to be greeted by Les at the venue. After a quick soundcheck it was off to dinner and TR just took the stage about a 1/2 hour ago and I think I just a heard a big flub. LOL Could have been intentional I guess, hard to tell from backstage. I will post the setlist after I get it after the show. On the extremely long drive we listened to TR from about 30 years ago and boy was that interesting. Ohhh and really kewl. See the Skippers Smokehouse review for more on that. We also listened to the new Slayer album a few TIMes and the general consensus is that it's really fucking good. Rew just informed me that the crowd is picking up. Earlier we were competeing with a Florida Gators game so we opted to go on a bit later to catch the overflow after the game. At the beginning of showTIMe the audience was still a bit light but the game wasn't over yet. Good to hear it's picking up. I want to get out there and check out the show so I am signing off for now. More later, STAY TUNED!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  12:38:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ended up being a nice crowd, great show. Here is the setlist:

Soft On The Fingers Old Man

Assembly of Dog
Jemez
Fallen Fallen Fallen
Che
Betrayal
Heart of the Matter
Indoctrinate
Creep-dar Meter Rising
-----------------------------
Try A Little Harder
Hands Full
Doom
Fear(Bum The Bomb Boogie)
Sinceritox
Don't Know Shit
Here Comes The Sun
------------------------------
Orville Ritalin Blockers Secret
Otter Blast Camp
Dreaming
Chatterbox...Mixed Signals
--------------------------------
I Don't Want No War No More
Levee
Stream
Hold On
--------------------------------
Cold Sweat - Anipa Accidentist Goat
Ocean

Ocean was not played. Cold Sweat was the encore. And to TR's recollection he went from Chatterbox to Stream, Hold On back to I Don't and Levee. Something like that anyway. It was recorded so the recording will tell the tale of the tape. Fear was a premiere tonite. I should say it was premiere of the vocal version. The instrumental version (Bum the Bomb Boogie) was messed around with a few nites ago. Tonite was the first nite of the vocal version retitled FEAR. So thats about it, and to all a good nite!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2006 :  11:33:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reveiw as always Fluffy.Enjoy the south, I'm sure it's beautiful this TIMe of year safe drive and all the best to TnT. Peace,Robin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2006 :  5:14:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As I mentioned before, the show was recorded by a wonderful fella named John who says he frequents the board. He did a matrix mix that he said he would mix down and post on Archive.org. We walked with a board mix of the show but I think his matrix will be up soon on Archive. Keep watching! Thanx for the well-wishing Robin, it was beautiful temps in FL but has gotten decidedly colder since we headed north to B'ham. In fact it is raining here today and last nite was pretty cold, or at least it seemed cold after being in FL for a week. LOL

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

T-90
Is Anybody Here?

1 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  4:37:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey there fluffy!! sorry for the delay with this review, many shows, family, and work have kept me very busy since...ive got the show tracked out and will be sending to the LMA soon....this was a great show....fluffy and tim were more than accommodating with soundboard access, many thanks....there was a great vibe in the room and tim freaking killed it all night :) i loved the zep cover and am looking forward to your next visit to jax!
peace,
jon
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000