2006 TR TASK FORCE AWARDS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  4:35:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
what catagories should there be?

OUT FOR LUNCH

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  4:39:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
my first suggestion is the "Torch Of Uncertainty" award, for that user that has fallen off the map in the past year.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  01:21:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Best Takedown of a setlist stealer. Haha if you read this sorry man.
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  04:18:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Award to the person who heard someone shouting a DMB/Dave song the most, and didn't throw a bottle of burbon at them.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  09:52:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh god, why would someone waste a perfectly good bottle of Burbon? empty bottle maybe

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  10:02:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
AWESOME meeting you the other night!
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  2:16:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Longest distance travelled to a show = "Dedication Award"

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  2:54:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Dave, nice to meet you too! Sorry I didn't get to see you much, are you going to be there on the 15th?

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  4:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah im thinking more along lines to board members who we can verify. i think by the next month we'll be having some good polls. also if you want make up a catagory, reply with your suggestion for a cand. and the story behind why. lets get close everyone.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  5:00:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes we will be there on the 15th!
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  7:41:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ohh this is a good idea, have to think on it though. Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

Biff the Pig
Chatterbox

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  9:15:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Biff the Pig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
how 'bout the "dan p. award"?..b/c personally when i post things, i always look forward to his posts, and his insights. so it's really a "most valuble post" award named after dan p.

just tryin to stir up some thoughts

www.myspace.com/travismoore3
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2006 :  01:57:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

24hr greyhound to chicago, baby!

... but talk to me in March

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2006 :  7:34:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

Jorg, last nite in Lancaster, flew in from Germany on Friday, couldn't make the NYC show because his flight was 3 hrs late and then 1 1/2 hours at customs. Rented a car, drove to Lancaster and arrived in TIMe for soundcheck. That's a long ass trip on no sleep. What a trooper.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2006 :  9:02:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Biff the Pig

how 'bout the "dan p. award"?..b/c personally when i post things, i always look forward to his posts, and his insights. so it's really a "most valuble post" award named after dan p.

just tryin to stir up some thoughts

Isn't that the same as the, "Turn Any Conversation into a Tolkien Related Topic Award"?

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  12:16:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i] Jorg, last nite in Lancaster, flew in from Germany on Friday, couldn't make the NYC show because his flight was 3 hrs late and then 1 1/2 hours at customs. Rented a car, drove to Lancaster and arrived in TIMe for soundcheck. That's a long ass trip on no sleep. What a trooper.

That should be the OUTSTANDING Dedicated Award. That should come with a nice copy of the Chaos View DVD and an autographed Fluffy abstract photo.

I men, WOW

What about the most Homestarrunner.com Quotes/Jokes award? We'll call it the Fhqwhgads Award! (do I get a point for this one, because it does say homestarrunner.com and mentions Fhqwhgads with the right spelling . . . I'll add a quote just for saftey "I FREAKIN HATE SIBBIE!"

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

spaceoddity
Try A Little Harder

Belgium
65 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  12:28:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was thinking there should be a category for the nicest board member in which PJK should be nominated.She always goes out of her way to make people feel welcome.She's never cynical or sarcastic and is always supportive of everyone.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  03:12:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spaceoddity

I was thinking there should be a category for the nicest board member in which PJK should be nominated.She always goes out of her way to make people feel welcome.She's never cynical or sarcastic and is always supportive of everyone.

I'd second that nomination.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  03:42:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spaceoddity

That's the special Board Mother award.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  04:48:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We could call these a Board Award

OR

BOAwaRD(the incorporation of both words together)

OR just a BA for short. LOL

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  07:22:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
spaceoddity, Fluffy and Arthen, thanks, you made what was turning into a shitty day a whole lot brighter. Ever have one of those mornings when everything goes wrong? That's mine today. To top it off as I was putting the coffee away after filling the filter in the coffee pot, it slipped out of my hand and of course opened dumping coffee all over the place! What a mess!!! I just hope I can get my thoughts together for work today.

As some of you know I work with special ed kids in 9th grade.One of my students is a boy who was a transfer from Virginia and thanks to a lovely system, was terribly misplaced! He can't even add 2+2, NO JOKE! So I go from teaching kids how to get the Mechanical Advantage of a simple machine to adding 2+2! As long as I didn't get any coffee grounds in my brain, I think I am up for the challenge! Anyway, thanks guys, the "nomination" couldn't have come at a better TIMe!

Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  12:10:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know somebody seconded this so I guess I second second it?:) Hope your day gets better and better Pam, Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  2:08:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
how about the "most approved member"

and as for the "MIA Award" i would nominate derayvn(rob) and spacemidget.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2007 :  1:14:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there anyway to get a TR Task Force t-shirt...the one with the alien head on it? Or do I just have to beat someone up and steal theirs?
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2007 :  9:26:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I make them. Just tell me what size you want and email me your addy.

Also, need to get shirts to Semon, Soldo, and Sloth. I slack hardcore.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2007 :  08:55:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Email sent...

Many, many thanks...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly