TR dominates Starbucks...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  12:44:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As I am currently jaunting around the Pacific NW, I have seen an inordinate number of stores owned by the scumbag coffee chain Starbucks. Now, there are tons of small coffee shops round this way that have WAY better coffee, but people still flood into that goddamn place. (This is obviously prompted by the fast food thread in FASB Forum)

Dammit, Tim. Drink different coffee.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  1:35:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i dont think he knows he has a choice, he is a starbucks junkie

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  2:13:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would say, as a patron of both excellent local coffee houses and Starbucks, Starbucks has some of the best coffee. Especially the kind you can buy in shop and take home. The Sumatra is fantastic.

Sometimes I wish I hadn't given up coffee, but they have some good teas too.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  3:42:12 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
coffee shops are for pseudo-intellectual elist snobs who use mac computers and pretend to understand books like crime and punishment. they also think that talking about nietzsche makes them smart. if you drink anything other than black coffee, you're a nancy boy.

oh, this isn't the broad generalizations thread. sorry.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  3:44:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

coffee shops are for pseudo-intellectual elist snobs who use mac computers and pretend to understand books like crime and punishment. they also think that talking about nietzsche makes them smart. if you drink anything other than black coffee, you're a nancy boy.

oh, this isn't the broad generalizations thread. sorry.

Shit yeah! When I drink it, straight hot and black is the only way to go. I like singing a song called "Nietzsche's Way" by Robyn Hitchcock, where does that put me?

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

sciphish
Chatterbox

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  3:48:42 PM  Show Profile  Send sciphish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm a Barista, and I know what you mean. But... Starbucks basically started the craze, so without them some of the little shops wouldn't be around. As far as the snobs, of course there are some, I think you're just being bitter .

I'm almost there...
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  01:45:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
*sipping his tall glass of fresh home made english breakfast tea*
mmmmmm, refreshing.

. . . coffee sucks.

Robyn Hitchcock does a great version of Dominoes. "You and I, you and I and dominoes, time goes by"

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  02:17:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranting Thespian

*sipping his tall glass of fresh home made english breakfast tea*
mmmmmm, refreshing.

. . . coffee sucks.

Robyn Hitchcock does a great version of Dominoes. "You and I, you and I and dominoes, time goes by"

He does great Syd Barret/Pink Floyd and Bob Dylan covers. His whole album of Bob Dylan covers is just fantastic. "Visions of Johanna" is superb.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  1:41:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I especially enjoy the Illuminati symbolism in the starbucks packaging.

The father and son saluting each other with the devil horns at christmas time.

Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  2:37:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That cup is fucked up, that's the shit I am talking about. They are just plain evil.

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  3:57:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is this, the Da Stupid code?

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

sciphish
Chatterbox

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2007 :  4:10:35 PM  Show Profile  Send sciphish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh man lets not get into the Illuminati stuff here.
For everyones sake. But check out conspiracycafe.net
if your interested.

I'm almost there...
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2007 :  8:59:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sciphish

Oh man lets not get into the Illuminati stuff here.
For everyones sake. But check out conspiracycafe.net
if your interested.

Ohhh, secret societies and The Illuminati have already been covered quite extensively on the board. It was a while ago but it was alot of fun. Here is a link to the thread if you want to see what was discussed:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1637

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2007 :  9:17:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here is a link to discussion about TR and Rew's use of Starbucks:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=897

Another fun one on the same subject:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2033

There is some good reading in those. ENJOY!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  5:58:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just so ya know, someTIMes the TR's do try other coffee. While in Portland the last TIMe Marcus treated them to Stumptown coffee which was well recieved. I took one of the guys I am currently on tour with to the same coffee shop yesterday morning as we left Portland and he thought it was fine coffee as well.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  10:33:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy I was just in Portland this past week, and Stumptown did make a fine cup.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2007 :  06:03:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
FWIW, last night Tim said that he's been enjoying the great European coffee and hasn't frequented Starbuck's over here except in the UK, where the coffee apparently isn't so great. (They are tea people after all.)

Note: show "review" (if you can call that) is here.

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2007 :  12:18:54 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
you limey fucking brits and your teas. oh, 4 o'clock. time to stop, mid-day, and drink some fucking tea instead of doing work like the rest of the world. psh.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

andytoomy1
Is Anybody Here?

1 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  09:32:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like Jackie Mason's take on Starbucks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4Mjnzqi5gs
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2007 :  09:42:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jackie Mason is like an opinion, he's an asshole.

He's right about Starbucks, though.

Go to Top of Page

sciphish
Chatterbox

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  1:22:25 PM  Show Profile  Send sciphish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I work at Seattle's Best at the Borders in Boston. And I know that we are better then starbucks. Tim should come on down, and anyone else for that matter. BTW THE WILLY WONKA (Gene Wilder) is having a signing on the 16th. Could be cool. I always liked him in Young Frankenstein.

I'm almost there...
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  3:07:42 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
you in boston? we're not too far apart. next time tim comes to the area, we can hang out and pick apart each other's statements sentence by sentence. and maybe get drunk and kick some puppies.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  12:14:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dan, whilst thou be atteding the Woodstock show? You are a worthy adversary, and a steadfast ally...I shall forcertain reciprocate your travels.

BAHAHAHAHAAHA!

Seriously though, no one deserves the Task Force shirt more. Ben maybe. Eh, we're all sick.

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  05:05:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It'd be perfect if you two met up, spring is here and it's a perfect time for blossoming love and relationships.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  3:47:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hopeful Rolling Waves

Dan, whilst thou be atteding the Woodstock show?

HRW, I applaud your effort to talk pretty, but I think the right interrogative in this case would have been "willst" and not "whilst"

teri
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  6:45:28 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
alas for the trials that pure men must endu'th in these sad times. would that i were able to be in attendence that day! but a sorry truth that i, perforce, must saith unto thee. taketh us all at this university a series of tests that verily doth demand much time and study at the end of each semester. yon fiends who so layeth in their grim lair at the acedmic's office nameth them "finals." a hard tale and sad, but true. these finals falleth upon the first week in may, and for me there canst be no escape. zounds!

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  12:33:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh well.

Thanks, Teri, you're right. My contextual faux pas is one of few.

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  12:49:14 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
mayhap some other time.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  07:16:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the entertainment, Dan!

And sorry, HRW, I can't go very long without editing someone. Just ask Fluffy.

teri
Go to Top of Page

sciphish
Chatterbox

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  01:35:17 AM  Show Profile  Send sciphish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes... When Tim comes to Boston, we should chill. Skip the "picking"
and emphasize "drinking." Stop by Borders some time, and give me a wringing. remember my name is Dan too.

I'm almost there...
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  02:24:08 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
so. . .so we're still on for the puppy kicking?

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  09:44:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll drive to Boston to kick puppies, too!

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2007 :  7:16:50 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
awesome. everyone who wants to kick puppies come to boston next time tr is in town.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

sciphish
Chatterbox

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  04:52:33 AM  Show Profile  Send sciphish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I wonder who get the best distance?

But I might try and bank it...

I'm almost there...
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2007 :  8:50:41 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
it'll be like fable, except with other people's baby dogs instead of chickens.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000