11/10/06 Canal Room NYC, NY
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  02:25:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
posted by Rubylith elsewhere on 11/11/2006 : 01:09:13 AM
quote:
Ok A brief summary...

11/10 Friday
A whole new story. This gig KICKED ASS. holy shit more will be posted later but that had to have been one of the best shows I have ever seen. I asked Tim to play "Smile" ad he did the most KICK ASS versions you could have ever imagined with this HUGE improv part. We got a lot on video, HRW will post it soon. SEE THIS TOUR! I also chased some guy down who stole the setlist haha. CRAZY times past few nights! Thanks to Fluffy, Rew and TR. Best guys ever. Timreally moved a lotof people toight. He also did a version of Chris Whitley's Hotel Vast Horizon which was very timely and heartfelt.

In all so far (2 more shows next week, including Thursday I am opening for the man) I have to say how awesome TRs vocals were. So much soul in these songs and so many great new ones. Really kick ass stuff. DON'T MISS IT.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  03:24:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So tonite was unbelieveable, TR was definitely in the zone. The crowd wasn't too bad either. Great turnout, but talked a bit, but what the hey it was a friday in NYC, you gotta expect a bit of that. Only downside to the day was the drive, or should I say "SIT", to NYC from Philly. This is how our schedule was supposed to go. Leave Philly, arrive hotel at Newark airport at 3:30 PM, check-in, drop of luggage, hang out for a bit and head the 15 mins into NYC to be at the venue for a 5:30 load in. Instead, we never had TIMe to get to the hotel and still arrived at venue 30 minutes late. Somewhere between Philly and NYC we LOST 2 1/2 hours. I wonder if that truck fire on the NJ Tnpk hand anything to do with that? YES it did. So much traffic, very little movement. When we finally did arrive we had a SMOOTH soundcheck and off to dinner. It was an early show for a Friday in NYC, TR went on at 9 PM and we finished up between 10:30 and 10:45. TR was in rare form and the audience seemed to eat it up. We had a funny instance of someone yelling for STREAM after it was already played. Wish I could say it's the first TIMe thats happened, but it's always funny. LOL Again tonite we were surrounded by friends which only made the evening feel that much more special. Erich and Ariel get special thanx for covering Merch for me. Thanx to Jared for coming out again and recording and documenting the event. Hope it came out great. Dave Cahill, Rich Cahill and entourage, our long lost friend Jon Soldo and his better half Lisa and their friends My dear friend Danielle, it was great seeing her. Ohh and Jon informed me that the board has been reconfigured to help eliminate the SPAM and spammers. Now when you sign up you get an email confirmation you have to respond to to become a member. We will see if it helps cut down on the spammers. With the extra step I am hoping they won't bother us so much. Tonite when I signed on and checked there were already 3 requests that had not been activated their account after registering. I hope that is a sign it's working. I am sick of deleting accounts on a daily basis and there are alot a delete, about 5 to 10 a day. Hopefully with the new system in place there will be alot less of that. THANX Jon!!! Whoooo, I seem to have gotten off track. LOL Back on now. With all those folks in attendance I better see some reviews besides my own. LOL So here is the setlist which TR says he followed pretty closely if not perfectly. Jared's record will tell the final tale of the tape. Here is the setlist as printed(and retrieved by Rubylith after being stolen by an overzealous fan. THANX Dave! Task Force in Full Effect)

Space Conciousness
Jemez
Hopeful
Betrayal
Smile
Indoctrinate
Mootstub
----------------------
Ancestors
Arroyo - Sinceritox
Streibenhaben
Old Bones
Vantage Point Rev?
Levee
-----------------------
2525 Blowing Fooger Poles
Hotel Vast
Kundalini Variations
More Wrong Things
-------------------------
Hands Full
Doom
Ocean
Hold On
---------------------------
Cold Sweat OUT

Special THANX to Sean and the Canal Room for giving us an awesome show and taking great care of us and special THANX to Sean for the awesome sound. We look forward to a return engagement.

SPECIAL NOTE: The song entitled OLD BONES is No More War retitled. The new title comes from a line in the song.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  03:55:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Whoops, sorry Dave, you left your shit logged on my computer.

HRW: We got a fucking Smile for the record books, and how.
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  12:44:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great reviews!! Sounds like an amazing show, onward! Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2006 :  7:30:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
(posted by Rubylith 11/12/2006 : 05:01:48 AM)

ok HRW and I...'s friend Laura took AMAZING shots from the Canal Room. Fluffy you got to see these....amazing. Will be posted soon....and now for something completely different....
-Broccoli Raub & The Vegans

But really good pics coming soon......

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  5:06:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i want pictures!!!

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  1:54:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
picture?

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  12:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
PICTURES TAKEN BY LAURA MASI HERE...

www.davecahill.com/TR

Go to Top of Page

Eagle Eye
Is Anybody Here?

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  6:25:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a fairly new TR fan and this was my first show. I had no idea what to expect. I had seen a few recorded shows and I was, needless to say, blown away but nothing could prepare me for the experience I had. I parked myself left stage and waited with anticipation for my first TR performance.

I don't think anything could have prepared me for the extreme amount of energy TR lets off. I stood transfixed for the first few songs, taking it all in and being caught up in, not only the music, but the connection of the people around me to Tim. People screaming his name, egging him on when he was doing something mind blowing (which was most of the time),all these voices, calling out to him....everyone could feel it and it was incredible.

As I looked around at the smiling faces of my friends around me, I realized we were all a part of something amazing and my TR trip was just begining. Thank you, Tim.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  8:12:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ladies and gentlemen...I give you Smile.

http://stage6.divx.com/members/240342/videos/1039832

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  9:15:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
YES!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000