New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  10:14:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wondering if anyone knows why. I saw that on the homepage and of course my first thoughts were that I hoped nothing went wrong for TR and/or crew. Always possible the sponsor canceled.

I really hate getting old, I worry way too much! Still, I'll feel better when I hear all is OK.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  02:28:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
All is OK....everyone on the benefit end has been really busy and really was not able to pull it all together at the last minute but we are working on rescheduling at some point the future. It was OK with us as all three of us were a bit burnt. We could have done it but it was much nicer to not have to rush anywhere today, on NO schedule. The plan was to meet Diane and Eura in Nags Head and do the show so instead we met them and everyone arranged a relaxed little get together at a relaxed pace. There ended up being an acoustic jam in the living room with TR and guests at the party. At one point there were 3 acoustic guitars going, a stand up bass, and Djimba(sp?). It was really sweet. Sadly since it was impromptu it was not recorded but as anyone who was there will attest it was quite special treat. TR really seemed to be enjoying himself. We ended up hanging with the organizers of the benefit at the party and I think it was good that everyone could relax and not have to be in work mode. So nothing tragic and everyone is fine. Rew is snoring away and I am close myself, very early for me. LOL

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  05:09:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am sure Diane and Eura were happy to just relax with their husband/father.

I wonder if you or Diane got a happy picture of them all. Be nice to throw that up.

Anyways, you guys deserve more breaks than you get. While other people travel cross the country in jets, you are in a van. That's really buskin' it. Have a nice dip in the pool, and some extra spicey mac and cheese on me .

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  06:11:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sweet!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  05:28:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Maybe I should send Fluffy the iPod Nano and recording accessory that I bought so he can start recording stuff like that!

Fluff, say the word and I'll mail them to you... As long as you share everything you record with somebody who has time and knows how to post it for everyone on the board.

BTW, the Nano is black, not purple, since they were out of that color.

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  12:04:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Do you have a link to that device, Teri? I'd be interested.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  2:51:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, found this link on YouTube to one of the folks that TR played with in the living room the nite of that party. She seems to be a pretty accomplished slide player as well and you know I am a huge fan of slide playing. Check her out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ybxH0J2oyo

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000