Free iTunes video
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  12:17:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I downloaded the new Dave Matthews "Eh Hee" video yesterday. It was a little weird; I kind of like the song though. It has a sort of tribal sound at times.

I like the line "Praise God, who has many names; but the Devil has many more."

The free video from Paul McCartney, on the other hand, was just bad. Didn't like the song, didn't like the video. Ick.

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  8:26:37 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Is the McCartney one the one with Gareth from The Office?
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  9:07:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need to watch and listen to all the free itunes University stuff before I get anything else. If you haven't checked that out, basically you get to download free lectures on basically anything from major universities.

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  01:25:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah! iTunesU is fantastic. Dan P, make sure you check out "The Lord of the Rings as a Defense of Western Civilization" by Dr. John West.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  03:42:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry I can't answer the Gareth question, I've never seen the American version of the office. The song is called "Nod Your Head" if that helps.

I haven't tried out iTunesU yet, but it sounds really great. Apparently my old physics professor, Walter Lewin, has been in the top ten for quite some time. There was an interview in which he said he was amazed but pleased that his lectures were being downloaded by so many people.

Maybe I should download them and try again; I got a D in his class!

teri
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  09:02:18 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

Sorry I can't answer the Gareth question, I've never seen the American version of the office. The song is called "Nod Your Head" if that helps.

Gareth is in the UK Office. Which is the ONLY "The Office" in my opinion. I'll check out the video and see. It's probably the same one...and it's terrible.
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  09:07:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's not the same. The video with Garreth is called "Everybody Dance Tonight"...or something like that. Paul skips around playing a mandolin (rather horribly, I might add).

Paul is barely my favorite Beatle; George is a very, very close second. But his last few albums have been pretty awful...
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  5:33:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Okay, I checked IMDB to see which guy was Gareth. (I suppose I should know names, but I haven't watched it in a while.) Nope, he was not in "Nod Your Head." There was one guy and lots of women. I was thinking the guy was Paul McCartney, but the video was on my tiny iPod screen so I couldn't be certain.

teri
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  04:29:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gnome44
. . . Paul is barely my favorite Beatle . . .

How can you say that when Plastic Ono Band, Imagine, Mind Games, Walls And Bridges, Rock N Roll, Double Fantasy, and Milk And Honey? I mean, I love Paul, but he can't compare with that line up. And what about All Things Must Pass, Concert for Bangladesh, Living In A Material World (favorite George album), 33 1/3, George Harrison (self titled), Somewhere In England, Cloud 9, Live In Japan, and Brainwashed?

I do have to say, I am not ecstatic with Paul's latest, but I loved Chaos and Creation in the Backyard. I think that was one of his best.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  11:22:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know, I'm just not a fan of the post-Beatles Lennon. He's a genius...no question about it. I just never really thought that the entire body of his work was that great...and some was kind of bad.

I go back and forth between Paul and George. For a while I was obsessed with everything of Harrison's. "All Things Must Past" is one of the greatest albums ever...and "Brainwashed" was amazing (what great bookends to a solo career).

But Paul just seems to have a larger body of really great songs. Oh, there some duds in there...some really, really awful ones. But I think overall I prefer his music. It's often very poppy...and a little peaches-and-cream...but I think he's more of a musical genius than Lennon. And Paul's body of work in the Beatles out-shines the others.

It's pointless to debate this at all...

Just my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  11:56:38 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll have to check out the other video. At any rate, the one with Gareth sucks ass too.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  2:26:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I go back and forth between Paul and George. For a while I was obsessed with everything of Harrison's. "All Things Must Past" is one of the greatest albums ever...and "Brainwashed" was amazing (what great bookends to a solo career).

I agree with "All Things Must Pass," it is probably my all time favorite album!

I grew up with the Beatles in the 60's and they were my first concert ever. Back then they had some good music, some not so good, but as a youg teenage girl I was "in love" with Paul. Had his pictures plastered all over my bedroom walls much to the dismay of my parents. I remember well when Hard Days Night came out and my girlfriend and I (both of us the "little sisters") got left out of the car load of kids who went to the drive-in to see the movie. Barb and I saulked all night!

When the Beatles split up, I was beyond the "I love Paul" faze so it didn't bother me.

It wasn't until George did the concert for Bangladesh that I really got into his music. I almost got to go to that show too and could kick myself that I didn't!

Musically, I like John/George the same, then Paul and Ringo. I don't care for most of Pauls work and never had any interest in seeing him in concert. I was lucky to see George in Concert several times.

Ah the memories.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  6:29:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I look at what I typed, and I feel kind of stupid about it. It was almost saying, how insulting! I am sorry, I was in a weird mood that night, and having tons of problems right now mentally. I might even start seeing a therapist. So, I am sorry if I sounded like some jerk or something. I almost want to just erase that post.

I will say this, though. I do love Paul, and own the DVD's Paul is Live, Wingspan, and Back In the US. I think some of his songs are golden. Some are also stupid, but fun to listen to, which is a gift he has to take simple stupid things and make them good. Such like Andy Kaufman in ways (mighty mouse sketch, etc.). I do think paul had a better body of work in the beatles than John, but John had some fantastic songs, like Strawberry Fields Forever. I think Paul was also more talented on the instruments (listen to McCartney and Chaos and Creation, where he plays about 90% of all the instruments), but I think John was a pure genius in his work. His solo stuff, in my opinion, is better than any of the Beatles albums. The way he writes music, sings, and what he writes and sings about, is something I can't explain. Then what he did in those 10, and sadly last, years of his life (1970-1980) he spoke out and stood up for what he felt so strongly about, and did some radical things that were unheard of then (like being a stay home dad). Something about John mesmerizes me, and listening to his work just transcends any words I can type or speak.

But again, sorry for that nasty post, I wish I would have posted this instead of that. I do love Paul, and I love to play Yesterday (which I took a lot of time to learn how to play it 100% accurately how he plays it) and Blackbird, and love them. To me John = #1 George = #2 and Paul + Ringo = #3, but I love them all, and always will. Plus Band On the Run is one of the best albums ever made, IMO.

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  6:43:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No problem at all. I guess I didn't really pick up anything especially negative. I didn't think it was insulting or jerkish in the least.

You just happen to have a different (and completely wrong ) opinion about who's better.

I do agree though, John was a way cooler person. Paul's kind of a lame-ass. John just exudes cool...
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  7:49:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
No problem at all. I guess I didn't really pick up anything especially negative. I didn't think it was insulting or jerkish in the least.

Ditto!

I think you are WAY TOO hard on yourself, hense the need or desire for counseling? I didn't get any negative vibes from your post either. Having said that, there is no shame in getting counseling, just be really careful who the counselor is. I had a bad experience with a therapist once. A long time ago I had a lot of pressure from my job, was in a car accident and then had x-rays. I didn't know I was pregnant at the time of the x-rays and I ended up losing twins. Really messed with my mind. I went for therapy and all the guy wanted to do was medicate me out the wazoo. Luckily I had enough sense to realize that wouldn't be a good idea since it wasn't what I needed. I never went back to him.

I understand mental problems and the person who thinks he/she could never have depression or mental issues is a fool. Our world is so fast and complicated, with so much stress, I think it's normal to go through times like that.

If you ever need someone to vent to, feel free to email me. I guess I need change my profile to allow people to email me. Hang in there Nick. Again, really, you didn't write anything offensive!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2007 :  02:49:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, it was good I didn't ruffle anyone's feathers. I can be pretty hard on myself sometimes. I am actually bi-polar with (slight) obsessive compulsive, and I am on medication for it (as well as epilepsy, weak immune system, sack of fluid around my heart, allergies, asthma, and a few more things). My psychiatrist is a really good doctor (actually I am lucky I got some of the best doctors in the state), and when I talked with him last time, he thought my problems were not related to medical but that I am dealing with a lot of stress and he recommended a therapist. I am still debating on whither or not to go. Thank you for the offer to e-mail you, but to get up to date on my problems, lol, it would take a lot of time. The person I am confiding in is my new best friend (now having 3 in my life, and I never thought I'd have more than Adam and Quinn), and Anna has offered an ear anytime from which she would never pull away or harm me like so many have in my life.

Again, long needless post, lol. I know if I was in dmbtabs.com they would have harassed the hell out of me for that post. It's nice to be on a board that actually cares.

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2007 :  09:29:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, people here do care......even danP.....sorry dan, had to say that. LOL (but its true)

Glad things are looking up for you Nick. Happy to hear about your "new best friend!" Everyone needs someone like that.

I have some bi-polar students this year, one in particular that will be a real challenge for me. I like this girl a lot and I hope this year I can keep her out of trouble.

The problem with mental conditions is that the general public doesn't understand that they are as real as diabetes, heart disease, kidney problems etc etc. So often I hear people make comments like "he/she could change his/her behavior if he/she wanted to!" They don't understand that the mind has illnesses too and people who have these kinds of problems can't just "will" themselves well.

I give you a lot of credit for opening up here. You might not need more support now, but just remember, if you ever need to vent you can feel free to email me.

Oh, BTW, Teri, I never downloaded the video, I'm not that fond of the song, it's OK but what I call a "filler" song. It fills an album, adds to a concert, but on its own doesn't do much.

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2007 :  5:14:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pam, maybe check out the video for the visuals. I don't care for the actual music in the video, I prefer the D&T version, but the visuals are extremely stunning. It's very offbeat compared to mainstream videos, and parts of it actually reminded me of Peter Gabriel's videos from the 80s.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  02:14:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just saw the video. I have to say, it's crazy, it's messed up, makes no sense, and I loved it! Hey, when you are a dedicated fan of Python, you learn to love this stuff. I loved it when he would just sit there, stare and smirk at the camera.

The actual song recorded, it's a bit overwhelming, but I think he went with that because it sounds more tribal, and more chanting, and more wild like his experience was. As for the song as a song, I prefer the D&T versions, but I wish this video gets some air time on MTV, VH1, and Much Music, just to scare and confuse the shit out of all their yuppie viewers .

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  7:04:08 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I kind of doubt we'll see the Eh Hee video on MTV, VH1, MuchMusic, etc. any time soon. It would be great, but I'm not holding my breath. I would say that the chances of it being aired are probably greatest on MuchMusic (or whatever it's called now), then VH1 then lastly MTV, if they take a break from The Hills or Next or whatever bullshit they're playing instead of videos. Not that I want to see the crap they have to play anyway.

"MTV is to music as KFC is to chicken" - Lewis Black
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000