Today Sucked
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  5:25:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I went in to work this morning and the first thing I did was ask my co-worker Tom about our co-worker Paul, who went into the hospital earlier this week with flu-like symptoms. I knew he had gone into emergency surgery the evening before and he was not stable by the time I went home. Tom's answer was succinct but depressing, "He didn't make it." So I knew it wasn't going to be a very good day.

Then I log into my e-mail and there's one about a Red Cross notification for a co-worker down the hall (in a different office from Tom and Paul) whose step daughter has died back in the States. Not a good day at all.

At lunch in the Dining Facility, we talked about this a little bit. Paul had just turned thirty and the step-daughter, whose name I don't know, was way younger than that. Too young to die, both of them. One of my lunch cohorts morbidly joked that bad things come in threes. I should'nt have laughed -- even a little bit.

I got home around 9 tonight and got online to check my friends' blogs. I haven't checked "Afghanistan Without a Clue" (known as AWAC) in a while, but had time tonight so made sure to give it a look. Posted on the 6th was the sad announcment from AWAC blogger Mike that one of his two-month old twins had died in his crib during an afternoon nap.

That's why today basically just sucked. And if it sucked for me, it had to suck a million times more for the families are dealing with these deaths even as I type.

I guess bad things do come in threes after all.

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  7:40:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm so sorry to hear about that Teri. I guess the other one is true about when it rains, it pours. I hope you can bounce back from today. Good vibes to you and the people mentioned.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  8:11:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keeping a good thought for you teri, not a good day at all... no. Tomorrow will be better. Peace, and a cyber hug for you. Robin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  9:10:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Teri I am so sorry! Yes, all three were way too young to die. Perhaps the baby saved his twins life. I imagine if the other one wasn't hooked up to a monitor before, he/she is now. They are making huge advances in crib deaths, but even one is one too many.

I can not imagine the pain of losing a child. You are right, the day sucked for you, but sucked way more for the families of those that passed away.

Ditto on the cyber hugs ((((((Teri))))))

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  11:45:40 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i am very sorry.

we often come to strength through tragedy and loss. the importance things we love and hold dear are revealed in sharp relief, and we appreciate them more. there is never an absolute loss.

love is stronger than death.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  04:35:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sri Krishna in Bhagavad Gita:

"There was never a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor will there be a future where we cease to be"

I am not a Krishna Devote, or anything like that, but I do believe that reference to be true for everyone and everything.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  3:00:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Bad things come in way more than threes. Brighter skies, Teri.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2007 :  2:23:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranting Thespian

Sri Krishna in Bhagavad Gita:

"There was never a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor will there be a future where we cease to be"

Thanks to everyone for their warm wishes! The next day my friends took me to a fest, and I was able to revel in life again.

teri :)

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000