TRelated Topics
 Video of Tim Reynolds vs. Bela Fleck!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  3:39:18 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't know where this video has been all my life??? I had a bootleg audio of this from December of 98, is that really almost 10 years ago? Yikes. Anyways, this video finally surfaced. Huge thanks JayBTV for bringing this to my attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnPjZ0qCpxI

god
Kevin

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  6:22:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have this show on DVD. It's on Two Step, right?

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  7:55:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pretty sweet.

But I have to add that Tim's tone is friggin' awful! I'm not sure it's the quality of the recording (Bela's banjo sounds OK)...I think it just blows. I've actually noticed that on some other TR solos during DMB concerts on YouTube.

What's the deal? Every time I've heard TR live his tone is perfect. Is it just the recording...?
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  10:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gnome44

Pretty sweet.

But I have to add that Tim's tone is friggin' awful! I'm not sure it's the quality of the recording (Bela's banjo sounds OK)...I think it just blows. I've actually noticed that on some other TR solos during DMB concerts on YouTube.

What's the deal? Every time I've heard TR live his tone is perfect. Is it just the recording...?

I haven't checked out the video yet, but I do know that on some of the 1998 shows I've heard with DMB his tone sounds kind of nasal. People bitch about his tone on the Live in Chicago DMB release, but I think he sounds great on that show.
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  11:24:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GuitarGuy305

...but I think he sounds great on that show.

Oh, Tim ALWAYS sounds great. It's just, in this case, that his guitar sounds like poo...
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2007 :  01:15:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think his guitar sounds great on Live In Chicago. Even in the webcast recording does he still sound good. Plus this is Youtube, and some people don't know how to deal with their audio on there, and it could be just badly mixed, or lost quality on the transition to the net.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2007 :  07:45:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's the boot itself. It doesn't have soundboard audio.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2007 :  6:27:49 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gnome44

quote:
Originally posted by GuitarGuy305

...but I think he sounds great on that show.

Oh, Tim ALWAYS sounds great. It's just, in this case, that his guitar sounds like poo...

Yeah, I was talking about his tone not him personally. Tim always kicks my ass musically regardless of tone quality.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000