New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  2:24:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

http://theunofficialmartinguitarforum.yuku.com/topic/5448/t/Tim-Reynolds-Martin-12-string.html

sciphish
Chatterbox

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2008 :  01:52:03 AM  Show Profile  Send sciphish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That may have been the best version of stream I have ever seen/heard. Kinda just proves to me that those people have no idea what they are talking about... imo.

I'm almost there...
Go to Top of Page

EnlightenThis
Chatterbox

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2008 :  11:25:38 AM  Show Profile  Send EnlightenThis an AOL message  Reply with Quote
wow. Drurylane should have his fingers cut off knuckle by knuckle with rusty loppers. "Did absolutely nothing for me" what a clown. especially with "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves" in his signature.
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2008 :  12:00:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
People seem to assume that because Tim can (and does) play fast that he plays without passion or musicality. That's a stupid argument.

Just because their puny brains are incapable comprehending complex, sophisticated, and moving music doesn't mean that the artist is lacking in anything.

Everyone's negative opinion of Tim is wrong. It's as simple as that.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2008 :  12:42:32 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I got a kick out of the guy that commented about Tim's playing with Dave. I personally think that Tim comes up with some amazing arrangements to Dave's songs and compliments him perfectly.

It seems like a lot of people, especially in the DMB fanbse, write Tim off as a emotionless shredder, which he is not. But that is there fault for not actually learning more about him and just watching 30 different videos of Stream, made infamous by Live at Luther.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2008 :  5:53:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GuitarGuy305

I got a kick out of the guy that commented about Tim's playing with Dave. I personally think that Tim comes up with some amazing arrangements to Dave's songs and compliments him perfectly.

Going back and listening to songs like Crash or Dancing Nancies, can you even imagine the songs without TR's parts? His contributions help make many DMB songs what they are.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2008 :  6:10:05 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think he has brought a lot to the newer stuff too. I can't listen to a newer song like Eh Hee unless Tim is on it. Then I see things posted on DMB boards like "I absolutely can't stand Eh Hee full band with Tim." What?? That is the only way to listen to it!

But yeah, I totally agree that songs like Crash and Dancing Nancies are really what they are because of Tim. So much so that you miss his fills when it's DMB without him or Dave solo.
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2008 :  6:52:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
People's brains are broken.
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2008 :  08:27:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
A lot of people only seem to notice Tim when he is going at his "lightspeed" pace. Stuff like Crash Into Me, Tim actually does very little when playing with Dave, but that little bit makes the song 200% better!

I still think his best song of all time, and my favorite, is the slow Too Touch Yearning. There is so much passion that is in that song. I guess I will be corny and say "It's not the notes you play, it's the notes you don't play".

Now also, not all DMB fans think that Tim is only a shredder or that he ruins DMB/Dave songs. I say that because I am a HUGE DMB fan, own all of their works (minus some of the Live Trax series), many of their famous shows on bootlegs, can play about 85% of their songs on guitar, and you guys know how big of a Tim fan I am.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2008 :  10:43:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think we all realize that people's opinions are useless and many times, undereducated.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2008 :  6:20:21 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranting Thespian

Now also, not all DMB fans think that Tim is only a shredder or that he ruins DMB/Dave songs. I say that because I am a HUGE DMB fan, own all of their works (minus some of the Live Trax series), many of their famous shows on bootlegs, can play about 85% of their songs on guitar, and you guys know how big of a Tim fan I am.

I hear ya. I'm a huge DMB fan as well and always will be and I'm a huge Tim fan as well. I love Tim's fast playing, but a lot of my favorite Tim songs don't have any fast playing in them, or very little.

Speaking of DMB, I'm psyched about the rumor that they are going to start releasing soundboards of live shows including some from the early days for download. 4/26/94 and 10/22/94 were up on a Music Today site last night but now they've been pulled. Apparently the cat got out of the bag too early. This could mean a big hit to my wallet though!

I also saw a post on Ants that the Dave solo show from 10/24/02 will be one that is up for download. The link the posted worked, but I couldn't preview any songs. Craziness.
Go to Top of Page

sciphish
Chatterbox

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2008 :  04:36:48 AM  Show Profile  Send sciphish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Do you have the link to that 10/24 show? That show is nuts...

But back to the topic at hand. Sometimes I wonder how distant these fans are from there idol. I mean it seems likely to me that Dave Matthews would agree more with our opinion then theirs. As if it matter...

I'm almost there...
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2008 :  07:34:40 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It seems you can only preview/buy individual songs at the moment.

Here is the link for "The Stone" from Benaroya Hall:

http://davematthewsband.shop.musictoday.com/Product.aspx?pc=DMDD42101

If you change the "01" on the end to "02," "03," etc, it brings up the other songs. But some of the songs aren't what they say they are. It is obvious that this is a work in progress and wasn't supposed to actually be available yet.
Go to Top of Page

Cuff
Is Anybody Here?

Australia
24 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2008 :  06:26:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i can understand people not liking tim's playing, I grew to love tim's playing, i didn't love it straight away
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2008 :  10:14:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've got that Dave solo show on DVD, it's pretty damn good.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2008 :  11:48:25 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hopeful Rolling Waves

I've got that Dave solo show on DVD, it's pretty damn good.

Yeah, I have the AUD recording of it and I've watched what's on YouTube which is probably from the DVD. I'll probably scoop up the official release of this since it's SBD. Great show, I really enjoy hearing Dave's songs stripped down to one guitar, even though Tim with Dave is so much better.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2008 :  12:24:26 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Since Stream is the song that got these guys' panties in a bunch, I remember this interview where Tim talks about the song Stream saying that it's basically "a bunch of fast notes" and that he's really about a lot more than that. The question about Stream is asked around 3:05 or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZKnlz4igZw&feature=channel
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000