New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2009 :  4:26:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wondering who else is keeping a close watch on the happenings in Iran? Ben?Dave?

My feelings are too scattered right now to write. I just wanted to spread the word that for those who use Twitter, before you tweet something on the iranelection site or a similar Iranian site, read the following guidelines. I have refrained from making any comments on those sites, but I am interested in reading what is being said there.

http://boingboing.net/2009/06/16/cyberwar-guide-for-i.html

I am humbled by the Iranian people, particularly the youth and wonder how many of us, young and not so young (me) would risk our lives to have our voices heard?

I wonder where the members of the band Yellow Dog are at this moment. They are an undergound rock group that were literally underground. They played in basements, in secret.

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  03:26:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am just saddened and disturbed. It's not about who won the election for me, but how the government is handling the protesting. Yes, I do not like the current leader, but it's what they are doing to their own people that disturbs me.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  10:20:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been following it the best I can. After studying American foreign relations for six months, what I feel is perhaps similar to the collapse of the Wall and the general opening of the Eastern Bloc. This is happening fast and it seems to be based on the semi-spontaneity of the people. I don't think I've ever meant it before, but God bless the internet.

It will be interesting to see the outcome and if this results in a mere minor shift in political leadership (i.e. Musavi) or a total and systemic overhaul.

I think that Obama's reactions have been spot on. Of course, we won't know for some time the involvement of American groups (CIA, NGOs, etc), but publicly, I think he is right to just back off and say "America's done enough to Iran. This has to be about them and the people." We get too openly and directly involved, the system solidifies on an anti-American position.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  1:03:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree that Obama is doing the right thing. We should not run in and take charge . . . we've seen what happens when that is done. It reminds me of the Prime Directive of the Federation in the Star Trek universe.

Think what would have happened if we had communications like this during the Tienanmen Square incident.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2009 :  07:04:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with both of you. Ben, I would have loved to have taken a course in Amerian foreign relations. Maybe some day. I do hope to continue my studies as soon as I get money to do so.

I too wonder how much NGO's have played in this.

Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  2:24:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Former US National Security Adviser: US Has Intelligence Agents Working In Iran

Former US National Security Adviser: US Has Intelligence Agents Working In Iran 250609Iran

CIA was planning “soft color revolution” in Iran six months ago

Steve Watson
Infowars.net
Thursday, June 25, 2009

A former US National Security Adviser has admitted that there are US intelligence agents on the ground inside Iran and says they should focus on influencing Iranian behaviour.

Brent Scowcroft the United States National Security Advisor under Presidents Gerald Ford and George H. W. Bush, also told Josh Rushing, the host of Al Jazeera’s programme Fault Lines, that aiding the protesters in Iran would provoke a more intense crackdown by the government in Tehran.

“An attempt to change the situation in Iran is likely to be turned against us and against the people who are demonstrating for more freedom.” Scowcroft said.

“Therefore I think we need to look at what we can do best, which is to try to influence Iranian behaviour in the region.” he added.

Scowcroft, a former Lieutenant General in the United States Air Force, also served as Military Assistant to Nixon, and latterly as Chairman of the President’s Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board under President George W. Bush.

“Isn’t it naive to think that the US doesn’t have some kind of intelligence operatives on the ground in Iran?” asked Al Jazeera’s Rushing.

“Of course we do.” Scowcroft replied.

“Would they help the protesters in some way?” Rushing asked.

“They might be, who knows. But that’s a far cry from helping protesters against the combined might of the Revolutionary Guard, the militias, and so on, and the police, who are so far, completely unified.” Scowcroft answered.

Despite the fact that 18-to-24-year-olds comprised the strongest voting bloc for Ahmadinejad of all age groups, as verified by independent voting data, Scowcroft also described a “growing young population that doesn’t like the way they have to live,” noting that “it’s going to change Iran, I think that is almost inevitable.”

Former US National Security Adviser: US Has Intelligence Agents Working In Iran

On a basic level, Scowcroft’s comments highlight the fact that president Obama was being liberal with the truth when he stated Wednesday that accusations of CIA involvement in Iran were “patently false”.

As we have highlighted in our continual coverage of the situation, there is no debate over the fact that Western intelligence is entrenched in Iran and has been waging a covert war for a number of years.

It was also revealed just six months ago that a CIA-backed network was seeking to carry out a “soft revolution” in Iran through people-to-people contacts.

The soft revolution plan was uncovered by Iranian counterespionage personnel before it could be fully implemented. It was to be carried out through “NGOs, union protests, non-violent demonstrations, civil disobedience… and (efforts to) foment ethnic strife” all across Iran, an Iranian official stated.

What Scowcroft does not point out is the fact that if intelligence operatives wanted to foment regime change in Iran, coercing the current government into a brutal crackdown on protesters would be the perfect way to demonize it in the eyes of the watching world.

This would pave the way for the introduction of their own puppet ruler into the equation, directly challenging the authority of the Mullahs, who are clearly not interested in selling Iranian sovereignty down the river to a globalist world order.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000