Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 T&D RCMH CD/DVD thread

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KevinLesko Posted - 07/03/2007 : 3:29:50 PM
Aug. 14th is soon!

100   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ranting Thespian Posted - 10/13/2007 : 11:54:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by gnome44

Carson Daily is awful.

He's ok now. But when he was on MTV, I hated his show and how he acted. Now he actually seems to be a person with intelligence, and not just another face for MTV. He has now stated he did not like TRL that much, and did not like a lot of the bands and pop stars that came and played. I am not a huge fan of him, but I don't despise him anymore.
gnome44 Posted - 10/13/2007 : 10:12:23 AM
Carson Daily is awful.
Ranting Thespian Posted - 10/13/2007 : 03:29:45 AM
Actually, about how they do the setlist. With how Dave will write it down, take it to carter and Stefan, then eventually Boyd and LeRoi, that came right from Dave's mouth. It was on one of 2 shows, but I am not going to dig them up right now. It was either from Carson Daily's show that comes on after Conan, or it was from the Charlie Rose interview with the band.
Arthen Posted - 10/10/2007 : 7:57:13 PM
Weezer has by far the best system.
Mave Datthews Posted - 10/10/2007 : 10:41:39 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ranting ThespianI know that Dave writes what he thinks is a good set list, and runs it by Carter and Stefan, and then eventually Boyd and LeRoi. I think the reason why it's not surprising anymore is that they are stuck in a rut now. They should try to find a different way of doing the set lists.

Actually, I heard the way they do it is look at the archives and try to figure out what they haven't played at that particular venue in a while and write it accordingly.

I like Weezer's method, though: they have one multi-sided die that coincides with the number of albums they have, then roll another die and whatever number that is, they play that track from whatever number album was rolled. Pretty cool way to mix it up, I think.
Mave Datthews Posted - 10/10/2007 : 10:08:32 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

If not Steve Lilywhite, than Daniel Lanois! He helped produce some of U2's best stuff, worked with Chris Whitley and Peter Gabriel, and Dave loves his songs. He's definitely got the credentials for the job.

Overall "Stand Up" sounds artificial and stale to me.

And as for their setlists, they do get into the habit of picking about 30-40 songs and just playing those each tour with one or two variations. My favorite style of setlists are Phish's. They would pull anything out and anytime and I think it made for a truly exciting concert, simply because one couldn't guess what would happen next. I've been going to DMB concerts for the past 6 years (this is the first year I won't see them), and my friend and I would always try to guess the opener, closer, and encore, and we could do it with some accuracy, just by looking at previous setlists of that tour.

Lanois would definitely be interesting... it all depends on how his style gels with the band's, though. I'm sure they'd be a pretty close fit, though.

As for the setlists, I think they like to keep things somewhat limited because they like to keep things tight so the performances don't suffer. They can't just pull out something like Monkey Man or Last Stop after they haven't played it in forever. Sometimes they try soundchecking these songs a couple nights in a row before they play them in the show (Dreaming Tree this year, for example); but sometimes, that doesn't always lead to them playing the song. Sometimes they decide after soundchecking it that it's just not time to pull it out yet, who knows.

You can't really compare DMB to Phish, though. One might make the argument that Phish could do the setlists they did because they're better musicians, but DMB are no slouches in the least. It's just stylistic differences, that's all. They're two completely different bands. They might have similar musical influences, but while Phish is a genuine jam band, DMB is not - they might extend certain songs to include jams, but they don't change and explore songs differently every night, which is what jam bands do.
Mave Datthews Posted - 10/10/2007 : 10:00:40 AM
quote:
Originally posted by GuitarGuy305The word on the DMB boards is that DMB has parted ways with Mark Batson, so that is at least good news as far as I'm concerned. But now the rumors have cropped up as far as who his replacement will be. Daniel Lanois, Steve Lillywhite, etc... I don't hold my breath for either Daniel or Steve, but I hope whoever they get does a better job than Batson did with the band.

Huh? Since when?! I thought they brought in another dude a while ago to work with Batson - did that fall through or something? Well, I won't believe anything until it's officially announced by the band.

As for any hopes of Lillywhite coming back, I wouldn't count on it. I don't know exactly what happened with him and the band, but his business with them is long gone.
Mave Datthews Posted - 10/10/2007 : 09:02:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ranting Thespian

Well, I do have Stand Up, and I don't think it's horrible. I don't even think it's bad. I think it's ok. I think the song Dream Girl would have been fantastic if he rewrote the first verse. Out of My Hands is very nice (and that one was the only one with 0% Baston). I mean, I listen to it every once in a while, but not that often.

This is what boggles my mind. In 2004, they had 4 GREAT new songs! Hello Again, Joy Ride, Crazy-Easy, and Sugar Will. I mean they were the best Material since 2000. Then they went right into the studio . . . and they just disappeared. Hello Again made the album, but the strong Carter solo twards the end was lost, and the song comes to an abrupt end. Joy Ride was only released on the "bonus disc" and it lost all of it's Magic that it had live, the production made it sound dead. Sugar Will was only released on the warehouse "bonus disc" and only live. And nothing from Crazy-Easy. Then, the band never played them again (ok, almost but you get my drift). It's almost 2008, where did they go???? I love DMB as a band and as individuals, but wtf happened????

This bugs the shit out of me, too. The only real explanation I can think of is that the band, for some reason, just wasn't feeling them anymore.

Who knows, maybe they'll start bringing them out again next year or the year after. I mean, look at what happened with JTR! We thought for sure that we'd never hear it again, and then BOOM - they pull it out at the New Orleans Jazz Fest last year. Granted, it's not a regular song now or anything, but at least we know it's not dead, so there may be hope yet for the '04 songs. Fonzie said it himself, "No song is ever 'dead."
Mave Datthews Posted - 10/10/2007 : 08:20:07 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy
I was happy about that as well. I thought finally all those DMB fans can finally put that "grudge/falling out" rumor to bed. Straight from the horses mouths.

People who start those rumors - and actually believe them - are retarded. They give DMB fans a bad name. I'm glad to see them laid to rest, too.
Ranting Thespian Posted - 10/02/2007 : 01:55:40 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Andre_Brazil

As far as I know after BTCS Lilywhite wanted to record the new albúm in NY and the band wanted to move to Charlottesville. It was when the whole thing started to brake out I think.

Steve advised against recording in C'ville, because the closer you are to home, the more things and excuses you have when something comes up. While being far away on such a project, you give more time and focus on it. Sadly, the two times DMB used their studio, 1st was the "Lillywhite Sessions", and second is Stand Up. Both albums turned out under par (and with the LWS, totally scraped).
Andre_Brazil Posted - 10/01/2007 : 04:38:01 AM
As far as I know after BTCS Lilywhite wanted to record the new albúm in NY and the band wanted to move to Charlottesville. It was when the whole thing started to brake out I think.
Ranting Thespian Posted - 10/01/2007 : 01:35:53 AM
Actually, I know for a fact Steve isn't coming back. I remember reading an article after Everyday was released (I think it might have been after the 2001 tour), that he wouldn't talk about DMB or Dave, or answer any questions about them anymore.

Dave also did say that they and Steve talked after the 2000 tour, and Steve was very kind and they handled it very well. He says so in the Charlie Rose show when they interviewed DMB. So I don't think they are mad at each other, but Steve isn't coming back.

I also did hear Baston was out. Although, on the latests tunes of Dave's (falling off the roof, cornbread, kill the king, idea of you, shotgun, can't stop, and maybe a few more) give Baston credit as well as dmb as a whole. So, why he's out is up for grabs right now.

I know Dave has also played with Lanois once and Emmy Lou Harris on stage doing the Maker. They know each other, and they like each other, and Daniel Lanois would be a PERFECT match for the band.

I think the reason why Dave and the guys say they are going to just let it come out, is not to get into a situation where they have to rush for time, and put together an album of only half good of what it could be. That is what happened with Stand Up, and the band said that.

I do have to say, I miss the older versions of Raven. And I do also wonder why DMB doesn't mix it up like they used to. They used to mix it up ALL the time. New songs out whenever, old ones coming, new ones stacked in. I think after 2002, their set lists started to not impress or amaze me anymore. I know that Dave writes what he thinks is a good set list, and runs it by Carter and Stefan, and then eventually Boyd and LeRoi. I think the reason why it's not surprising anymore is that they are stuck in a rut now. They should try to find a different way of doing the set lists.

But here's an idea, What's Greg Howard up to right now? Hmmmmm?
Arthen Posted - 09/30/2007 : 3:31:37 PM
Yeah, I've heard stuff like that too. I feel like there had to be some kind of difference or divide between the band and Lilywhite. I mean, I don't know what goes on during their recording sessions, but I would have to have a good reason to step away from someone who helped me make "Under...", "Crash", and "BTCS". I'm talking like, they would've had to hit my dog with a car or tried to grab my sister. Serious shit.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/30/2007 : 3:20:09 PM
quote:

If not Steve Lilywhite, than Daniel Lanois! He helped produce some of U2's best stuff, worked with Chris Whitley and Peter Gabriel, and Dave loves his songs. He's definitely got the credentials for the

Yeah, I think someone confirmed that Lanois was working on other stuff, so it might not be him, but I am hopeful. Both Lanois and Lilywhite have worked with U2 as well. For some reason people always talk about the "falling out" between Lilywhite and DMB, but they also talk about falling outs between Dave and Tim, and Tim and (DMB member name here). So I give zero credibility to any of it.
Andre_Brazil Posted - 09/30/2007 : 2:41:10 PM
I miss Crazy Easy... and seems like they are playing sugar will again. In 2005 Tim played Stand Up in a very unique way.. it was great!
Arthen Posted - 09/30/2007 : 1:39:12 PM
If not Steve Lilywhite, than Daniel Lanois! He helped produce some of U2's best stuff, worked with Chris Whitley and Peter Gabriel, and Dave loves his songs. He's definitely got the credentials for the job.

Overall "Stand Up" sounds artificial and stale to me.

And as for their setlists, they do get into the habit of picking about 30-40 songs and just playing those each tour with one or two variations. My favorite style of setlists are Phish's. They would pull anything out and anytime and I think it made for a truly exciting concert, simply because one couldn't guess what would happen next. I've been going to DMB concerts for the past 6 years (this is the first year I won't see them), and my friend and I would always try to guess the opener, closer, and encore, and we could do it with some accuracy, just by looking at previous setlists of that tour.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/30/2007 : 11:29:11 AM
quote:

What the hell happened to a bunch of their songs? They just don't play them. I was more upset when "Busted Stuff" came out because they destroyed how great "Raven" and "Captain" used to be, although either version of "Captain" isn't as great as the old D&T "Crazy" was. Who knows what decides which songs they choose to continue playing. I just hope they'll keep playing "Shotgun", which for now, it seems they will.

They did bring back Sweet Up and Down this tour, which I was pretty excited about. I loved that song back when they first "released" it on the LWS and were playing it live back then. I'd love to see songs like Digging A Ditch, Busted Stuff, Raven, Captain...the list goes on. They don't even play most of the Everyday songs any more. They also brought back The Dreaming Tree this tour which was a nice treat. But for a band with such a huge catalog of songs, I don't get why it seems that their setlists are always so similar except for a few differences in song choice and setlist slot.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/30/2007 : 11:26:03 AM
quote:

Well, I do have Stand Up, and I don't think it's horrible. I don't even think it's bad. I think it's ok. I think the song Dream Girl would have been fantastic if he rewrote the first verse. Out of My Hands is very nice (and that one was the only one with 0% Baston). I mean, I listen to it every once in a while, but not that often.

This is what boggles my mind. In 2004, they had 4 GREAT new songs! Hello Again, Joy Ride, Crazy-Easy, and Sugar Will. I mean they were the best Material since 2000. Then they went right into the studio . . . and they just disappeared. Hello Again made the album, but the strong Carter solo twards the end was lost, and the song comes to an abrupt end. Joy Ride was only released on the "bonus disc" and it lost all of it's Magic that it had live, the production made it sound dead. Sugar Will was only released on the warehouse "bonus disc" and only live. And nothing from Crazy-Easy. Then, the band never played them again (ok, almost but you get my drift). It's almost 2008, where did they go???? I love DMB as a band and as individuals, but wtf happened????

Stand Up did have a few good moments. The album itself is more what I dislike than the songs on it. As in I would rather hear some of those songs live any day than on that studio CD ever again. I like Out Of My Hands and the American Baby Intro. I wish ABI was a full song because from the few words of lyrics I think it had some major potential. I haven't listened to that album in a long time, but the way he screams the lyrics to ABI live gives me chills sometimes.

I'd also like to know WTF happened to the 2004 songs. Sugar Will was teased the last couple nights so maybe it will come back and possibly be on the new album. I agree that Hello Again on Stand Up and Joy Ride from the bonus disc both lost all of their steam in the studio. I liked Trouble With You from the bonus disc, but I've never heard it played again. Crazy-Easy was also released on one of their Live Trax CDs from a show from 2004. They obviously know these songs are liked by fans if they release them in some form or another. I just hope songs like Eh Hee, Sister, Shotgun, #27 and even Cornbread make the new album, and we don't get another total curveball again. But if there's one thing I've learned, it's to never try to predict what this band will do either live or in the studio.

The word on the DMB boards is that DMB has parted ways with Mark Batson, so that is at least good news as far as I'm concerned. But now the rumors have cropped up as far as who his replacement will be. Daniel Lanois, Steve Lillywhite, etc... I don't hold my breath for either Daniel or Steve, but I hope whoever they get does a better job than Batson did with the band.
Arthen Posted - 09/30/2007 : 03:21:04 AM
quote:

What the hell happened to a bunch of their songs? They just don't play them. I was more upset when "Busted Stuff" came out because they destroyed how great "Raven" and "Captain" used to be, although either version of "Captain" isn't as great as the old D&T "Crazy" was. Who knows what decides which songs they choose to continue playing. I just hope they'll keep playing "Shotgun", which for now, it seems they will.
Ranting Thespian Posted - 09/30/2007 : 02:25:06 AM

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/29/2007 : 5:56:59 PM
quote:

Me too! Especially that song! That's really a funny coincidence. It has such a great tone and feel on D&T.

Yeah. I still can't stand songs like Smooth Rider though. Even though Tim lays down some sick riffs during it, it just doesn't have any substance for me. That new song Cornbread is pretty catchy, but also just leaves me thinking "That was weird." Especially the alternate personality Dave takes on before playing it on RCMH...
Arthen Posted - 09/29/2007 : 2:24:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by GuitarGuy305

But take a song like Old Dirt Hill...it sucks so incredibly badly on the album and with the band, but it is becoming one of my favorite D&T songs.

Me too! Especially that song! That's really a funny coincidence. It has such a great tone and feel on D&T.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/29/2007 : 2:02:32 PM
quote:

Honestly, as far as I'm concerned Before These Crowded Streets was a masterpiece, a magnum opus, if you will. The production quality and sound blows anything else they've done out of the water. The line up is great. The outros were a great idea to tie songs together. And the Tim and Bela parts are outstanding. One of my highlights TR's classic clean solo at the end of Crush. Man, moments like that don't come too often.

So, yeah, I think it's particularly interesting that with no TR and Lilywhite their albums have not matched the quality of the first three albums (four with Remember Two Things). I didn't even buy Stand Up. I heard a couple album tracks and thought they were horrible. I heard them live, they were better. I heard them with Dave and Tim and they were fantastic. Maybe it's me though...

Yeah, I love Tim's clean solos at the end of Crush and Spoon. And all his fills/riff the entire album always blow me away. If you listen closely to The Last Stop you can hear him going nuts with the Whammy pedal in there too.

I know what you mean about the Stand Up songs. I admit I bought it, but it really does blow. The songs rock D&T and even some of the songs have grown out to be so-so with the band live. But take a song like Old Dirt Hill...it sucks so incredibly badly on the album and with the band, but it is becoming one of my favorite D&T songs.
Arthen Posted - 09/28/2007 : 5:32:53 PM
Honestly, as far as I'm concerned Before These Crowded Streets was a masterpiece, a magnum opus, if you will. The production quality and sound blows anything else they've done out of the water. The line up is great. The outros were a great idea to tie songs together. And the Tim and Bela parts are outstanding. One of my highlights TR's classic clean solo at the end of Crush. Man, moments like that don't come too often.

So, yeah, I think it's particularly interesting that with no TR and Lilywhite their albums have not matched the quality of the first three albums (four with Remember Two Things). I didn't even buy Stand Up. I heard a couple album tracks and thought they were horrible. I heard them live, they were better. I heard them with Dave and Tim and they were fantastic. Maybe it's me though...
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/28/2007 : 5:00:38 PM
Not to mention Live @ Red Rocks and the first Live Trax CD.

And of course Luther and Radio City go without saying.
Andre_Brazil Posted - 09/28/2007 : 4:54:11 PM
Under the Table, Crash and Before... Masterpieces... with Tim.. coincidence.. I don´t think so!
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/28/2007 : 12:09:47 PM
Yeah, in my opinion they have really lost steam since he stopped guesting/playing on albums. I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence or not, but for me DMB + Tim either live or studio is a million times more interesting/entertaining than just DMB.
Andre_Brazil Posted - 09/28/2007 : 09:32:23 AM
quote:

quote:
I was happy about that as well. I thought finally all those DMB fans can finally put that "grudge/falling out" rumor to bed. Straight from the horses mouths.

regarding whether he'll be on their new album/next tour.

About that... man how I wish a colaboration in a new DMB album by Tim. I mean the fills that he makes in the first 3 records... damm!
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/28/2007 : 08:59:40 AM
quote:

Those rumors always make me laugh. The "carter/leroi/stefan/etc. hates Tim" rumors kind of started up again too regarding whether he'll be on their new album/next tour.
Fluffy Posted - 09/27/2007 : 8:22:01 PM
quote:
To see the way they tell stories and laugh together just makes me smile; and it was really great to finally hear them tell the full story of how they met and started playing together.

Mave Datthews Posted - 09/19/2007 : 3:41:31 PM
I absolutely love this DVD, and I only wish that there could have been some video for Luther College.

Betrayal is outstanding, too. I listened to it and Eh Hee on the way into work this morning - it's still stuck in my head and I love it.

The documentary is awesome, too. I can't get enough behind-the-scenes stuff when it comes to my favorite artists, especially Dave/DMB and/or Tim. To see the way they tell stories and laugh together just makes me smile; and it was really great to finally hear them tell the full story of how they met and started playing together.
gnome44 Posted - 09/12/2007 : 12:37:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by jsemon2

why is it so much easier to talk about the things we dislike then it is to talk about the things we do like?

It's so much easier because there is only 1 thing that I dislike about the CD/DVD (that the speaking parts aren't separate tracks).

And there are probably somewhere around 55 billion things that I do like.

So, where would you like me to start?
jsemon2 Posted - 09/12/2007 : 12:28:01 PM
why is it so much easier to talk about the things we dislike then it is to talk about the things we do like?
Ranting Thespian Posted - 09/12/2007 : 02:36:32 AM
That's odd, on the DVD the stories are on a different chapter than the song (DVDs having chapters, and not tracks).
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/11/2007 : 6:57:08 PM
I was thinking the same thing the last time I heard it. It's great that Dave is getting the Jon Towne (Sp?) story out there, but once I've heard it once, I don't really need to keep hearing it. Plus the way Dave talks (high?) kind of annoys me sometimes anyway.

I do like the skits on the first Tenacious D CD...
KevinLesko Posted - 09/11/2007 : 3:01:52 PM
I hear ya about the talking, it's similar to skits on hip hop cds. It might be funny the 1st few times you hear it, but ultimately you are litening for music, so you always end up skipping it.
Arthen Posted - 09/11/2007 : 2:13:49 PM
Yeah, I can understand your point Gnome. But there's only the one track, at least on the CD, that has talking before the song, Oh. I thought it was funny because he, Dave, talks longer than the actual song. I enjoyed how much talking they left in myself.
gnome44 Posted - 09/11/2007 : 10:37:08 AM
Do you think that the talking between songs should be set apart as separate tracks?

It can get annoying when I just want to listen to the songs...and I end up listening to Dave talk about something for several minutes.

It's not that I'm particularly unintersted in what he's saying...it's just that I don't want to have to listen to it every time I listen to the music.

It's OK when it's at the end of a track because I can just skip ahead. It's less OK when it's at the beginning of the track.

It would be nice if they were separate, then you could rip the disc and remove the "speaking tracks" if you wanted...
Ranting Thespian Posted - 09/08/2007 : 03:58:13 AM
I LOVE cluttered background stages. When I was able to perform the play I wrote for my independent study in high school, my set was this: 3 walls on hinges together, a stool, a bench, and no drop curtain behind. Something about cluttered background fires my imagination. I think it forces you to use your imagination even more for plays. If the play is good enough, the acting is good enough, why need the curtain hiding all the background? I think it kicks your imagination in gear. And with stuff like music dvds, you can go back and look and see what is sitting there. You spend time wondering, wtf is that? Or, hey that looks pretty awesome! Wow, who left that there? Just these oddball things laying around. It fires my imagination, and I love it! Right when the dvd started, and I saw that cluttered stuff not covered up. The mics and chords were not trying to hide and pretend not to be there, I was hooked.

Hey, what do you get from a guy who calls himself "the Ranting Thespian" when you talk about stages?
KevinLesko Posted - 09/06/2007 : 5:58:01 PM
Well, what to say that hasn’t been said already. The DVD is AMAZING. The video is great, the 5.1 surround sound is beyond great, especially when turned up really loud! Dave and Tim are great. The songs are great. But best of all, I think the DVD really does an amazing job of showcasing Tim. Dave is constantly talking him up, there is just as much camera time dedicated to Tim and his playing as Dave, they zoom in on his playing at all the right times etc.. Not to mention that the bonus documentary is worth the price of the DVD itself. That footage of Dave and Tim dicking around in the studio while recording BTCS is priceless, and now makes me wonder if they will one day release a deluxe edition of BTCS with more of this footage. Next year would make for a nice 10 year anniversary edition. ARE YOU LISTENING SONYBMG????

But, since I’m a DMB fan, that means I have to complain about something, so here it goes, and I don’t even think I’ve heard anyone complain about this yet (I’m sure they have, I just haven’t seen it yet). What were they thinking with that background???? I guess they were going for a basement type vibe or something, but come on. When I saw them perform in LA last year, they had a very nice background with a large clock. As nice as the camera work is, an equally nice background could have worked. How’s that for a complaint?

If there is anyone who still hasn’t picked up the DVD (maybe you only got the cd) You really need to get it. I’m only envious of those of you who are rocking a Plasma, or maybe a projector hooked up to a Bluray player and can enjoy the blu-ray disc in all of it’s glory.
Andre_Brazil Posted - 09/05/2007 : 5:06:04 PM
quote:

As I've said, Butch Taylor on the keys still gets crap after all these years.

Rashawn Ross too
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/05/2007 : 3:50:43 PM
The thing I find most comical about the stuff people have been saying about Tim's playing on Radio City is that they miss the fast fills and riffs he did in the Luther College days, and they wish he would have played something like that for the LIOG solo.

That just makes me laugh because I see people from the DMB camp write Tim as some emotionless shredding machine a la Malmsteen all the time. Yet when he does not shred it up, they miss it.

It all comes back to the DMB fans that just don't want their precious band or precious Dave tainted by outside musicians. As I've said, Butch Taylor on the keys still gets crap after all these years.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 09/05/2007 : 2:49:02 PM
Being there in person, I could tell you it felt like the roof was gonna blow off that place during LIOG, and Tim's solo definitely added to that excitement. Anyone who bashes this performance is spoiled by the availability of bootlegs and is over-opinionated. It's a great performance and great exposure for Tim.

Fuck all y'all.
Ranting Thespian Posted - 09/05/2007 : 03:26:20 AM
I just think the word newbie sounds stupid.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/04/2007 : 6:44:57 PM
Hey John, how do you feel about the word "newbie"?
jsemon2 Posted - 09/04/2007 : 4:52:39 PM
i fucking hate the word "newbie".

the whole concept behind someone thinking they aren't "newbie" anymore is a joke. i hate the whole concept and everything about the word "newbie"

oh, did i mention, I FUCKING HATE IT
Ranting Thespian Posted - 09/04/2007 : 02:21:17 AM
quote:
Yeah I know... Ants is pretty much the same atmosphere. There has been quite a lull in activity over at DMBtabs lately. I usually just check the musician forum to see what inaccurate information people are giving out about guitars and maintenance today!

You even mention my name (ranting thespian) to anyone on dmbtabs, the mocking and put downs and belittling begins. Oh, and fag and gay are used even more than normal . . . normal for dmbtabs's posters.

Actually, in truth, I was on there right when Jared took over. He himself convinced me to join. It was great, people were friendly and smart and knew a shit load about guitars. People freely helped each-other. I found myself making audio clips and sending them to newbies all the time. And teaching people how to play warehouse. Then came the new guys, slowly the intelligence dwindled, and assholes took control.

Sorry for bitching. I've been doing that too much lately. Sorry.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/03/2007 : 11:32:27 AM
quote:
DMBtabs . . . grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Yeah I know... Ants is pretty much the same atmosphere. There has been quite a lull in activity over at DMBtabs lately. I usually just check the musician forum to see what inaccurate information people are giving out about guitars and maintenance today!
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/03/2007 : 11:27:31 AM
quote:
Originally posted by dancheatham
That's interesting. I work at an FYE, and we got 3 copies of the DVD and about 10 of the CD, and I don't think we've sold more than 2 DVDs and 4 CDs yet. Granted, we're a small store, but I really didn't think this was selling all that well at all, just based on our sales. And I live in a college town where DMB is playing on Thursday. I guess Internet sales also count, though, don't they?

I don't remember the last time I bought a CD/DVD in a store, especially one like Tower or FYE... Then again I don't remember the last time I flushed money down the toilet either. I think most of the sales in this case, as with a lot of DMB releases that are "for the fans" as some reviewers would say, were online sales. Especially with the pre-order bonuses that they offer.

I saw a ton of people posting things about picking the CDs and DVDs up for way cheaper than online prices at stores like Target and Best Buy too. I think I saw something like $10 for the CD.
Ranting Thespian Posted - 09/03/2007 : 02:14:42 AM
quote:

Glad to see you on this side of things. Aren't you on Ants or DMBTabs? Or both?

DMBtabs . . . grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
dancheatham Posted - 09/03/2007 : 01:37:58 AM
quote:

So apparently for the week of Sept 1st T&D Live at RCMH will be #3 on the Billboard Top 200. That is an amazing accomplishment for a live album that I don't think anyone thought would do so well. It is also the #2 download on iTunes. Pretty impressive. Lots of exposure for TR. It was my impression that this release really came out without the usual hoopla surrounding a new DMB record and I am not sure that folks thought it would be this big as it seems to have caught on like wildfire. Any other impressions from folks more in the know about DMB releases? I am of the feeling that this record prolly did far better than expected. Don't get me wrong, thats a great thing, I think it caught me and alot of other folks off guard. I don't want to say that the release was an after-thought as I saw alot of the work that went into it but I never got the feeling that it was something people thought would be the huge selling release that it has become. Any thoughts from anyone else?

That's interesting. I work at an FYE, and we got 3 copies of the DVD and about 10 of the CD, and I don't think we've sold more than 2 DVDs and 4 CDs yet. Granted, we're a small store, but I really didn't think this was selling all that well at all, just based on our sales. And I live in a college town where DMB is playing on Thursday. I guess Internet sales also count, though, don't they?
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/02/2007 : 5:08:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by mlb1399

After watching this show again I came to a realization. I used to think Dave brought out his best for T&D shows. It could be the fact that a lot of times his guitar riffs are drowned out by the band. IMHO, Tim brings new life to Dave's songs and adds layers of texture that sometimes lack with a lot of the Dave style chords that are used repitively. Tim steals the show in my opinion. No matter how many times I watch it, I sit there and think to myself, that man is absolutely ridiculously talented at guitar.

Glad to see you on this side of things. Aren't you on Ants or DMBTabs? Or both?
mlb1399 Posted - 09/02/2007 : 2:27:07 PM
After watching this show again I came to a realization. I used to think Dave brought out his best for T&D shows. It could be the fact that a lot of times his guitar riffs are drowned out by the band. IMHO, Tim brings new life to Dave's songs and adds layers of texture that sometimes lack with a lot of the Dave style chords that are used repitively. Tim steals the show in my opinion. No matter how many times I watch it, I sit there and think to myself, that man is absolutely ridiculously talented at guitar.
Andre_Brazil Posted - 09/01/2007 : 7:22:25 PM
quote:

So apparently for the week of Sept 1st T&D Live at RCMH will be #3 on the Billboard Top 200. That is an amazing accomplishment for a live album that I don't think anyone thought would do so well. It is also the #2 download on iTunes. Pretty impressive. Lots of exposure for TR. It was my impression that this release really came out without the usual hoopla surrounding a new DMB record and I am not sure that folks thought it would be this big as it seems to have caught on like wildfire. Any other impressions from folks more in the know about DMB releases? I am of the feeling that this record prolly did far better than expected. Don't get me wrong, thats a great thing, I think it caught me and alot of other folks off guard. I don't want to say that the release was an after-thought as I saw alot of the work that went into it but I never got the feeling that it was something people thought would be the huge selling release that it has become. Any thoughts from anyone else?

I am not surprised. I think this album mixed up some old songs and new songs and because of that the amount of people pleased was bigger. I´m so glad that Tim has this kind of exposure. And the T&D duo deserve this.. because this is not DMB (I´m a big fan of them too for the record). Those are two guys that can make the kind of noise that makes you think: What a hell? How many guys are up on stage playing??? Ten??? ehehe. Peace!
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/31/2007 : 12:17:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by gnome44

quote:

Don´t know why people complain so much about it.

Because they are stuipd.

And they are never happy. I'm almost thinking that complaining about the imperfections of Dave, the band, Tim, T&D, etc. is what MAKES them happy...
Fluffy Posted - 08/31/2007 : 01:06:57 AM

I also came across this three part interview with Dave at the AT&T blue room website. Dave talks alot about working with TR throughtout the whole thing. He even talks about his impending release of his solo recording of Eh Hee and talks about working on it with TR for the T&D shows. Great stuff, check it out!

Pt 1:

http://www.attblueroom.com/music/mediaplayer.php?pid=99801&item2=Interview%3A%20Songwriting

Pt 2:

http://www.attblueroom.com/music/mediaplayer.php?pid=99800&item2=Interview%3A%20Working%20With%20Tim%20Reynolds

Pt 3:

http://www.attblueroom.com/music/mediaplayer.php?pid=99751&item2=Interview%3A%20Live%20At%20Radio%20City

SO YOU KNOW, during each of the parts it fades to black and then comes back with more interview. So don't turn it off thinking it is over. Keep watching til it ends. On my computer when Pt 1 ended Pt 2 started automatically and the same for Pt 3. Lots of kind words for TR from Dave. Should put to rest that nasty rumor of a rift. LOL ENJOY!!

Apparently a SOLO DAVE version of Eh Hee is being released on iTunes:

We are excited to announce the premiere of a video for Dave Matthews' song "Eh Hee". The "Eh Hee" video marks the directorial debut by Dave and was co-directed by longtime lighting and live video director Fenton Williams. The video will be released as a FREE download exclusively on iTunes on Tuesday, September 4, 2007. The video will be available at no charge for the week and then will be available for purchase. Also available for purchase is the song "Eh Hee" on which Dave plays all instruments. The song was produced by Dave Matthews and John Alagia. Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds Live at Radio City is also available for purchase on iTunes and features two bonus tracks.

http://dmband.com/news/view/16e54879dd311c48a7da7f843c3fcf8a
Andre_Brazil Posted - 08/30/2007 : 6:06:54 PM
Maybe... I just feel sorry for this guys. I mean.. come on... you live in a country that have Tim Reynolds, Dave Matthews and his band, Ben Harper (that one came to Brazil and I saw 2 amazing shows)and plenty of other great musicians that in sort of way change the ways of a generation.. include plenty of people here in my country. If those guys that complain about everythning don´t have the oportunity to see a live show in US, well... maybe they recognize the amazing group of bands that their have so close to see eheheheh. But this is a humble opinion of a brazilian guy in south. Peace...
gnome44 Posted - 08/30/2007 : 4:31:29 PM
quote:

Don´t know why people complain so much about it.

Because they are stuipd.
Andre_Brazil Posted - 08/30/2007 : 4:19:12 PM
The so called "one note solo" to me is perfect. If I could hold a note like that for 30 seconds I`ll be very happy . Don´t know why people complain so much about it. Fluffy I did spot you at the end of the show.
Fluffy Posted - 08/30/2007 : 2:09:44 PM
Well I picked up a copy of the DVD last nite and I haven't had a chance to go thru all of it obviously as I am quite busy at the moment. What I did watch I will have to say that I kinda have to agree with a few of the things I have been reading on other boards about the recording. Keep in mind, I haven't heard the CD yet so I can't compare them but what I have been hearing is that folks think it's a different audio mix. I will say that on the parts of the DVD I watched it sounds like they turned Dave's guitar down a bit when TR would solo which actually kinda bothered me. It seemed like Dave's guitar was more evenly mixed with TR's during other sections of songs. Not sure if thats the case but that's how it sounds to me. Particularly in the now infamous "one note" solo which I think was absolutely beautiful and spot on for the song. Dave definitely seemed to LOVE it from his reaction and the crowd at the show obviously dug it, standing and cheering. I thought it worked. Can't wait to check it all out in full. It LOOKS absolutely beautiful, crystal clear.

As for me, I did see myself a few TIMes in the background but none of them are really obvious to anyone but myself. The obvious one where almost anyone can make me out is as TR and Dave walk off the stage for the last TIMe before the credits roll, you can see me standing there with my flashlight showing them the way off stage.
mlb1399 Posted - 08/30/2007 : 1:26:00 PM
I loved the DVD and thought it was one of the better shows I own save for 3-29-03. Once again, Tim is absolutely brilliant. There were parts of the show were I just got goose bumps from Tim's playing.

This might be considerd blasphemy in some circles but I can't wait for the day that DMB breaks up and D&T go on tour more often. I'll take Tim's guitar playing over the rest of the band. He just knows how to harmonize perfectly with Dave and he creates some more interesting moods and sounds than the band.
Andre_Brazil Posted - 08/28/2007 : 5:15:24 PM
Hey man thanks for the short reply. Hope you and Tim have a good time in this run. A very good friend of mine and responsible for the DMB fan club here in Brazil will be in NY Sep 19 to 25. Maybe if can catch up with him... His email rodrigo@dmbrasil.net. Thanks Fluffy, see you around!
Fluffy Posted - 08/28/2007 : 4:11:34 PM
Hey Andre, I haven't forgotten about you and I still have a DVD saved for you at the office. I am currently in NYC on TouR with another band but I hook up with TR on the 9th for our run of shows thru the NE. Maybe after that I will be back to the office and can hopefully get that out to you.

I am glad that you enjoyed the RCMH DVD, I still have not seen it yet but it sounds great. Everyone seems to be loving it(for the most part). Hopefully one day you will have the opportunity to see it first hand. I hope that for you. THANX for your all your interest and continued support. Look forward to one day meeting you F2F.
Andre_Brazil Posted - 08/28/2007 : 2:53:44 PM
I became Tim´s fan in 2000 listening the L@LC cd. Became a great fan of Dave and DMB as well. Because of Tim I busted my ass of to buy a Martin D-35 and I wait for this DVD for 7 years. Great pics, great sound (although Dave´s guitar is down and he uses the DM3MD only for a few songs)and great energy. I must confess you guys are so lucky to have the oportunity to see those 2 and DMB as well in a live performance, a thing that I might never had the chance. And I have to agree, the DMB fans on another boards are very very annoying complaining about everything in the band. Those guys just don´t realize the lucky that they have. Just want to thanks Jsemon2 for put some great vídeos ond youtube and a torrent of Tim´s live performances and Fluffy if you still can help me with the Chaos View DVD I´ll be very thankfull. Peace guys, sorry for the bad language.. and there are a lot of brazilians fans of Tim here.. peace!
gnome44 Posted - 08/27/2007 : 10:51:19 AM
quote:

The only thing is I don't like how much Dave's guitar is turned down. I wouldn't mind getting the CDs, and try and sync it up with the DVD, but that might be too much work.

I wouldn't have cared if they turned Dave's guitar off.

Just kidding. Sort of...
Ranting Thespian Posted - 08/27/2007 : 01:45:17 AM
I just got it the other day. I am VERY impressed. It is great quality, great shots, good sound (with one exception). Very good setlist, would have loved to have seen minarets or drive in drive out, but still a good setlist.

The only thing is I don't like how much Dave's guitar is turned down. I wouldn't mind getting the CDs, and try and sync it up with the DVD, but that might be too much work.

The documentry is a great one, and I loved seeing Dave and Tim practicing Eh Hee. I also really like that solid body steel guitar he had. I hope he whips it out for songs with the band, and not let it get lost.

Anyways, 9.5 out of 10 for me. Love it.
gnome44 Posted - 08/22/2007 : 11:24:51 PM
quote:

There is also quite a commotion over a "one note solo" that Tim apparently played during one of Dave's songs (Lie In Our Graves).

I finally received the DVD/CD package yesterday (it took 10 days to arrive...and it was shipped DHL rather than Post Office). And I finally finished watching the whole thing tonight.

The "one note solo" was AMAZING! It was perfect. And you could tell how into it Tim was. Towards the end, when Tim started fading out, he brought it back in perfectly...Dave smiled and shook his head in disbelief. Then at the long break, they laughed at each other as Tim held up one finger and said, "One note."

How in the hell could anyone complain about that? It was intense. Brilliant. Beautiful.

Those DMB douche bags annoy the hell out of me.
KevinLesko Posted - 08/21/2007 : 5:23:46 PM
Still nothing for me. I had to get on the horn with Music Today again this afternoon, and they are going to ship me a replacement via UPS.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/21/2007 : 2:04:30 PM
Fluffy, do you know if it's when they leave the stage for the last time, or before one of the encores?
PJK Posted - 08/21/2007 : 09:15:12 AM
Gnome44, I hear ya, I doubt I will pre-order again either. Mine finally came by reg. US mail, I didn't sign up for the second day or whatever. I think the post office just got overwhelmed with material to send out.

Kev, did you get yours yet? BTW, great article! Very nice to see TR get the credit he deserves and it was worded perfectly!

Just watched the DVD, didn't see you Fluffy. Where the heck are you hiding? I looked at the end, after Two Step, and saw some stage hands but not you. Really love this DVD, the extras are sweet too.
gnome44 Posted - 08/20/2007 : 3:26:02 PM
I've yet to receive mine. I got the confirmation/shipment notification email 10 days ago. It said that it's shipped USPS Priority. I either hate MusicToday or the USPS. I haven't decided yet...I'm on hold with MusicToday...ready to go nuts when I get off hold!

I'm never pre-ordering anything again.
rubylith Posted - 08/20/2007 : 1:33:58 PM
After watching the DVD and documentary, my girlfriend and I kept saying... "Tim is the man". What a great guy and amazing talent. I hope this dvd/cd really gets out there. Tim is oustanding in it!
Fluffy Posted - 08/20/2007 : 11:58:44 AM
WOW Kev, thanks for posting that review. I will be sharing that in the appropriate places you can bet.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/20/2007 : 11:19:32 AM
So Pam and Kevin, maybe today will be the day?

By the way all, I uploaded the Europe 2007 bonus disc to SendSpace for a friend, including the 2 iTunes tracks. If anyone either hasn't gotten their release yet by mail and wants something to tide them over, or you bought the DVD/CD in the store, I can post the link for you if you like. Let me know via email or on this board.
KevinLesko Posted - 08/18/2007 : 6:13:06 PM
Well there have been tons of reviews of RCMH so far, but I just read this one off AllMusic.com and i thought I'd post it since this reviewer had such great things to say about Tim.

Review by Thom Jurek
In some ways, two and a half hours of acoustic Dave Matthews with Tim Reynolds seems like it would be a snore — especially since a boatload of these 27 songs range between five and nine minutes! The Dave Matthews Band can get away with such excesses as a group, but in this intimate setting on such a large stage? It's either truly wonderful or something of an exercise in intense ego run riot, right? To be fair, this is not a snore. Reynolds is a hell of a guitarist. He is not one given to random excess and never pretends to be a guitar hero — though he is. The program is simply that this pair brings out Matthews' tunes from both the DMB and his solo recording and plays them for an audience full of adoration and gratitude. And, for the most part, it works. The opening blues moans that introduce "Bartender" let the listener know that this is no ordinary acoustic show. Renditions of "Crush," "Gravedigger," "Some Devil," and "Crash into Me" are gorgeously done here. There is a conviction in Matthews' voice that is missing on a lot of the band's live records. Likewise, "Grace Is Gone" and the cover versions like Neil Young's "Down by the River," Daniel Lanois' "The Maker," and Woody Guthrie's "This Land Is Your Land" are also wonderfully done. There is also a new song called "Sister" that Matthews overly explains, but the song's terrific.

There are a few dull moments, but over the entire course of this set they are actually few and far between — unless Matthews' voice gets to you after a while, and then perhaps you're in trouble. When Matthews is lazy (and he often is), the results can be samey sounding — but he's not here. He understands implicitly that his singing is more important than it is with the DMB, and it needs to carry the weight. Reynolds adds so much in terms of color and texture — whether he's playing straight, using effects, playing slide, or inventing some new scale to play a solo in, he transforms what might be merely intimate and engaging into something (mostly) compelling. Even the nine-plus-minute "Dancing Nancies" works like a charm because Reynolds is able to create an alternate voice with his lead guitar playing. His solo on Young's "Down by the River" actually mimics (on acoustic guitar) the songwriter's, by going into a somewhat extended single-note hammer until it becomes trancelike — he could just as easily have shown off. For Matthews fans, this is essential. For those on the fence about Matthews, this is document enough to win you over to his talent as a songwriter — without spending the fruitless time that DMB recordings take up. For those who liked Some Devil, his solo effort, this document will provide further enjoyment. It's as solid as an extended presentation can be and is, for the most part, thoroughly enjoyable. The great contribution it does provide is to demonstrate what a guitar-picking wonder Reynolds is, even more so than on earlier collaborations between these two. Somebody should sign this guy up, and quick.

KevinLesko Posted - 08/17/2007 : 7:50:41 PM
Still nothing for me either I called Musictoday, and they told me that if I still don't get it by Tuesday that they will UPS me a replacement. I was really looking forward to watching it tonight.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/17/2007 : 7:10:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by jjkim1028

I am honestly really big fan of DMB + guests (except Ross.. just my personal opinion), but not a big fan of fans of DMB...most of them who bitch about everything, that is.

I love when they have different guests play with them. I agree about their fans. I've met some really cool people both online and at shows, but I've also seen their fans doing stupid shit; like throwing empty glass beer bottles at passing cars leaving the Alpine Valley parking lot "too early." Too early as in after the show was over, but not before an additional two hours of "partying" in the parking lot and eventually getting kicked out by security/policy I guess...who knows.
PJK Posted - 08/17/2007 : 5:34:35 PM
OK, bad news and bad news. I STILL haven't received my dvd/cds! I am pissed to say the least. Of course my day was horrible all around. It started when my car battery died in a parking lot. Then I had to wait an hour and a half for AAA to come, I watched while the guy changed the battery, watched him leave, then started my car and pulled out and instantly felt something wrong with the car, to which I said "shit" out loud, wondering what was wrong now! I got out of the car to find that he left the battery "case thing" on the ground which of course I ran over and now it is stuck under my car! I said a few more choice words out loud, had to wait close to another hour before the guy came back and got it out from under my car At least it didn't happen tomorrow on the turnpike.

It sure would have been nice to have at least had my cd to listen to now. Oh well. I am not holding my breath that it will come tomorrow either.
jjkim1028 Posted - 08/17/2007 : 11:57:30 AM
I am honestly really big fan of DMB + guests (except Ross.. just my personal opinion), but not a big fan of fans of DMB...most of them who bitch about everything, that is.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/17/2007 : 10:55:42 AM
quote:
Originally posted by jjkim1028

I found you, Fluffy.
When Tim and Dave exit the stage, you were standing near exit.

Great DVD, BTW.
Loved every single moments of it.
People bitching about Tim's solo (from Ants.org or wherever) can pretty much die.

JJ

I'll have to check that out. I haven't gotten that far yet. I've only gotten to watch songs 2 or 3 at a time due to other things deemed more important by my wife...

The thing I've learned about DMB fans is that they really don't seem to like anyone tampering with their precious 5 members. They bitch about Butch Taylor a lot, who's been with them for what, 8 years now? They bitch about Rashawn Ross (trumpet player) that I think actually adds a huge part to their sound. They bitch about Trey, Tim or any other electric player that sits in...so they're basically never happy.

I've seen threads on ants comparing RCMH to L@LC as far as Tim's playing and some are saying they prefer L@LC because Tim does more fast runs, etc...yet many DMB fans write Tim off as an emotionless speed machine...so it's like "what the hell do you want??" He's either too fast and plays without feeling (which is BS) or he's too melodic and slow. They also preferred T&D back in like 1994 before all the effects and stuff that Tim uses now. I love the effects and think they add a whole new layer to Dave's songs. One that jumps out in my mind is the stuff that Tim plays on Stay or Leave on the DVD. The delay makes those lines he plays stand out so much more.

Usually when I read threads on Ants though I just roll my eyes and move on. I post there now and then with pro-Tim statements, but I usually don't even respond to the ignorant things people say.
jjkim1028 Posted - 08/17/2007 : 10:15:03 AM
I found you, Fluffy.
When Tim and Dave exit the stage, you were standing near exit.

Great DVD, BTW.
Loved every single moments of it.
People bitching about Tim's solo (from Ants.org or wherever) can pretty much die.

JJ
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/17/2007 : 09:41:37 AM
I'll have to watch it again and play the Where's Fluffy game. And listen for the "Let Tim Play" from HRW. Nice to have an excuse to sit around watching TV again today ;)
PJK Posted - 08/17/2007 : 08:55:17 AM
Thanks Fluffy, you just gave me ANOTHER reason to be mad that I still haven't received my DVD. j/k Actually, that is so cool. I am going to be sure to look for you. Hey, do we get something if we find the part you're in? LOL

You know, part of what made that day so special for me, outside of having great fun at the party and talking with Jon, Lisa, and the other board members, was meeting Marcus. Just as everyone said, he is one heck of a nice guy. BTW, glad you were able to arrange the contact between Marcus and another mutual friend in TX. Nice that they could play together for a few tunes. Thanx!
Fluffy Posted - 08/17/2007 : 12:04:05 AM
Just got a voicemail from Marcus Eaton saying he just watched the new RCMH DVD and he mentioned that he even saw me in it. I don't know how prominently I am featured, it may just be a "where's Waldo" moment. LOL New game: Find Fluffy LOL
PJK Posted - 08/16/2007 : 8:28:02 PM
Thanks for the wishes Kevin! I feel like a huge load has just been taken off me, I am SO glad that course is over! Of course I will be back in the rat race again in three weeks, but hey, I am going to enjoy my time "off" from school and work!

If my DVD/CDs come in tomorrows mail, there is a slight chance that I might get to at least listen to the CD. I really can't wait. That was a great show. I remember Dave saying "good night" and I thought, WHAT???? It's over already? I can't remember a concert going so fast before. Great memories of that night, very glad they made a DVD of that show! It most definitely will be worth the wait, but that doesn't make the waiting any easier.
JTR Posted - 08/16/2007 : 8:12:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hopeful Rolling Waves

Everyone, you will hear me yell "Let Tim Play!" very clearly, because Dave responded to it through the mike. Weasel power!

Was that the part when Matthews responds, "Hey buddy, we run things up here"? That's cut out of the CD, but it's in the DVD.
KevinLesko Posted - 08/16/2007 : 2:10:51 PM
Well, I think I pre-ordered the day I saw the pre-order announcement, so I don't hold much to that theory.

quote:
Some of these Live Trax releases should really be Tim and Dave shows.

YES!!! I've been hoping for that all along. Or even some more DMB shows with Tim on Guitar. I still think 12.01.98 is the best DMB show I've ever heard. I'd kill for a soundboard of that, but since there have already been two other releases from that tour, I doubt it.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/16/2007 : 1:38:44 PM
I've seen quite a few people complaining about shipping time on this from Music Today. I wonder if they were overloaded with pre-orders for this release.

Someone brought up that Music Today probably ships things in the order that the orders were placed. That contradicts what the website says during the pre-order, but it kind of makes sense for me. I usually order as soon as the pre-order is announced, and I have gotten every disc except Live Trax 9 on the release date or the day after.

The only thing I can say is that this DVD/CD is definitely worth your wait. I hope we get more T&D releases in the future. Some of these Live Trax releases should really be Tim and Dave shows.
KevinLesko Posted - 08/16/2007 : 1:07:36 PM
That sucks Pam! My mail probably arrives in about 2 hours, and if it isn't here, I'll be really bummed! I remember pre ordering Some Devil with the D+T bonus disc, and getting it the Monday before street.

Good luck on your final.
PJK Posted - 08/16/2007 : 10:56:52 AM
Still no video/cds and they were shipped last Friday, 8/10! Sheeesh!
Ya know, I don't even care about the extra cuts now, I would just like to see the DVD and hear the recording from RCMH. I thought I could enjoy listening while I am studying today and would have the video to look forward to watching after my final tonight, but no such luck. Since I am going away all weekend, looks like I won't get to hear or see these until sometime next week. Such is my luck, why am I not surprised?

Mental note to self: Never buy anything from Music Today again!
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/16/2007 : 08:00:02 AM
Cool. I've leave the links up for anyone else that wants them. As long as I don't need the bandwidth, I'll leave the files on my site.
KevinLesko Posted - 08/16/2007 : 01:34:09 AM
Sweet, it worked like a wonder. I'm going to load those onto my iPod and listen to them before bed tonight. Thanks!
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/16/2007 : 12:17:15 AM
Ants: http://guitarguy305.googlepages.com/AntsMarchingMarch142007.mp3

Stone: http://guitarguy305.googlepages.com/TheStoneMarch22007.mp3

Let me know if you have any problems, but they should download just fine.
KevinLesko Posted - 08/15/2007 : 11:22:04 PM
yes please!
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/15/2007 : 10:22:49 PM
I managed to get my hands on the two additional tracks (Ants Marching and The Stone) that are only available when you buy the album on iTunes. I'm upping them to my site so if anyone wants them, let me know and I can post the addresses of the files.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/15/2007 : 9:12:23 PM
I wonder if Dave is using something too. His guitar sounds awesome. I think Dave's voice sounds very, very good on this too. Makes me wonder if there's some studio magic involved during the production of this.

Tim is, as always, amazing on every song. I'm about to cue it up to watch with the wife....again.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 08/15/2007 : 8:12:48 PM
Mine luckily came yesterday. I've gotten as far as Dont Drink The Water on the DVD and I'm totally blown away. I couldn't get a good look at Tim's setup, though. He sounds totally natural, nothing like pickups... I wonder if he played through the Aura?
Arthen Posted - 08/15/2007 : 7:55:41 PM
It's the best DM related album I've purchased since Live at Luther. At first I was a bit apprehensive by the amount of Some Devil and Stand Up material, but honestly, everything is amazing with TR. TR's all crazy with the slide throughout the whole thing. Great stuff, it's been worth the wait since 1999.
PJK Posted - 08/15/2007 : 7:33:34 PM
I am still waiting on my copies as well. If they come tomorrow, which I really hope they do, I am waiting until after I get home from taking my final in the Juvenile Delinquency class I am taking, to watch the DVD. Summer courses aren't fun.

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/15/2007 : 7:01:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

grrrr, still no package today. If it weren't for those darn bonus discs, I'd never pre-order.

Likewise. Luckily mine came today. I refuse to use the extra fast shipping or whatever, but I usually get it on the release date anyway. One of DMB's Live Trax took a little less than a week to get here, and I got this one the day after the release date. Still not bad for saving like $5 in shipping. I still think the USPS is screwed up though.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000