New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  3:29:50 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Aug. 14th is soon!

god
Kevin

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  02:12:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I like the cover, it's got class.

This will last me till the new DMB album gets out . . . and wither they still got it, or have lost it. Hoping for the former.

And of course any Tim solo along the way is always welcomed . . . or maybe encouraged!

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  1:48:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry, I'm really out of the loop on this one.

Is this for the CD or the DVD? I can't find any official release information anywhere...
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  10:07:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Everyone, you will hear me yell "Let Tim Play!" very clearly, because Dave responded to it through the mike. Weasel power!

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2007 :  12:29:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gnome44

I'm sorry, I'm really out of the loop on this one.

Is this for the CD or the DVD? I can't find any official release information anywhere...

Both! It will be released as a 2 Disc CD and also available on DVD.

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2007 :  10:07:07 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here is more exciting info!

Yay for 5.1 and a behind the scenes documentary!!!

July 03, 2007, 2:30 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds' April 22 concert at New York's Radio City Music Hall will be released on CD and DVD just in time for the end of the summer. The aptly named "Live at Radio City" is due Aug. 14 as a two-CD or two-DVD set via RCA, while a Blu-Ray edition will arrive two weeks later.

The 27-track set is graced with a number of songs never before released as Matthews/Reynolds live performances, including "Crush," "Gravedigger" and "Don't Drink the Water." The track list also features oldies such as "Lie in Our Graves," "#41" and "Two Step."

Among the bonus features on the DVD are a 46-minute behind-the-scenes documentary, a 5.1 audio mix and a photo gallery. Matthews and Reynolds' lone prior live collection, "Live at Luther College," appeared in 1999.

Dave Matthews Band will return to the road Sunday (July 8) in Bridgeview, Ill. The group's next RCA studio album is due in 2008.

Here is the track list for "Live at Radio City":

"Bartender"
"When the World Ends"
"Stay or Leave"
"Save Me"
"Crush"
"So Damn Lucky"
"Gravedigger"
"The Maker"
"Old Dirt Hill (Bring That Beat Back)"
"Eh Hee"
"Betrayal"
"Out of My Hands"
"Still Water"
"Don't Drink the Water"
"Oh"
"Corn Bread"
"Crash Into Me"
"Down by the River"
"You Are My Sanity"
"Sister"
"Lie in Our Graves"
Improv/Jam
"Some Devil"
"Grace Is Gone"
"Dancing Nancies"
"#41"
"Two Step"

http://billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003607044&imw=Y

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2007 :  2:58:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yessss!!Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2007 :  3:15:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We must be bleeding over into the DMB community to a small extent:

http://www.proudestmonkeys.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1541

Check out the title of the thread.....on a DMB board no less.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Lisa
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2007 :  3:50:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa's Homepage  Send Lisa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Looks great.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2007 :  4:05:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Awesome! Yea Jareds a lound mother when he yells. He's always yelling at me. Frankly it's very upsetting.
Go to Top of Page

sciphish
Chatterbox

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  10:43:06 PM  Show Profile  Send sciphish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I can't believe it's in HD... That's sick!

Finally Betrayal as it was meant to be seen...
HD is imo, sometimes better then real life
as far as watching is concerned.

I'm almost there...
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  11:06:57 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This is available for pre order right now. I didn't think the prices were too bad for the CD/DVD combo:

http://davematthewsband.shop.musictoday.com/Dept.aspx?cp=1_11715
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  7:27:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You're not yelled at nearly enough, pal-o-mine.

Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  11:39:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
there is also a bonus disc (two versions depending on the package you buy) of clips from the European tour they did. One has 4 or 6, and the other has 8.

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2007 :  6:00:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There is a clip of TIM and dave playing Eh Hee from RC on the DMB myspace page. www.myspace.com/davematthewsband I cant wait to see how the whole dvd is.

Rob
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  7:20:54 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There are now clips from a few different songs on DMB's MySpace.
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  11:48:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not like the Dave Matthews Band.

I'm not particularly crazy about Dave Matthews.

But put Tim Reynolds together with Dave...and that's some great, great stuff. The video clip of "Eh Hee" is amazing!

Tim is magic.
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  03:08:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I do not like the Dave Matthews Band.

I'm not particularly crazy about Dave Matthews . . .

DMB is my favorite band of all time, with the Beatles in close second. But John is my favorite artist of all time, and my hero. I also can play about 80% of all dmb songs. I know, I'm pitiful. And thanks to dmb, I heard about this kewl guy named Tim Reynolds . . . who is my favorite guitarist of all time.

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  1:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranting Thespian

DMB is my favorite band of all time, with the Beatles in close second.

you need kick in the face or something. you're kidding right?

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  03:52:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey hey hey, I am a GIANT John Lennon fan. I could go on about John for hours, and how much I love and I am inspired by him (and how much I love and respect Yoko!). But, I was into DMB before the beatles. My mom got me into DMB in 1994 when I was little, and I finally got into the Beatles when my dad bought Anthology 2 for my brother for his B-day (I think in 1996). . . which I snagged quite a bit listening to Yesterday, I'm Down, Real Love, I'm Looking Through You, and the hilarious And Your Bird Can Sing (because john keeps screwing up and laughing all over the track).

This is it, I think the Beatles changed everything in the way of modern rock music. Without them, there would be no DMB, let alone . . . almost anything in rock music today! No Stones, no Floyd, no Zeppelin, no Hendrix, no SRV, no Genesis, no Police, no CSN and sometimes Y, no David Bowie, no Barenaked Ladies, no REM, no Smashing Pumpkins, no Arcade Fire, no Beck, no Keller Williams, etc etc, and including Tim. And I think the Beatles are better and greater than DMB in many many many ways.

The thing that puts DMB over the beatles (and only slightly) is that I find them much more enjoyable to listen to versus the Beatles. Plus, there is new music, and live music so much more readily available. Plus, I have to say it's closer to my generation a little, even though it does make me sick a little, but it's the truth. Plus, I like playing DMB songs more because I love Dave's chord voicings and his riffs.

Although, when you put John Lennon solo verse DMB for me, I'll take John any-day. I actually prefer listening to John solo than with the Beatles. Sometimes I even prefer listening to solo George Harrison as well. I am VERY into his Living In A Material World album (I LOVE Sue me, Sue you blues).

So please don't kill me when I say that.

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  3:29:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Beatles are the best. Always have been, always will be.

But I think you're way off the mark thinking that they are the reason that The Stones, Hendrix, CSNY, Floyd, or Zeppelin had their chance. All of these were contemporaries...doing their own things pretty much at the same time. Granted, CSNY, Floyd and Zeppelin weren't around in the early 60's, but the prominent band members were all doing their own thing in other bands (Yardbirds, Birds, etc.). They all helped pave the way for rock as we know it today...for better or for worse (I could do without the Barenaked Ladies).
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  5:36:48 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Another video has been posted, this time on Rolling Stone's website. It is "When the World Ends"

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/08/03/dave-matthews-band-audio-interview-outtakes-video-premiere-tour-photos-and-more/

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  9:46:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The Beatles are the best. Always have been, always will be.

But I think you're way off the mark thinking that they are the reason that The Stones, Hendrix, CSNY, Floyd, or Zeppelin had their chance. All of these were contemporaries...doing their own things pretty much at the same time. Granted, CSNY, Floyd and Zeppelin weren't around in the early 60's, but the prominent band members were all doing their own thing in other bands (Yardbirds, Birds, etc.). They all helped pave the way for rock as we know it today...for better or for worse (I could do without the Barenaked Ladies).

No, I disagree. The stones and such would never have made it to what they are now without the Beatles. They would have existed, but wouldn't have been as big as they are. Plus the Stones' first hit was written by John and Paul: I Wanna Be Your Man. Hendrix, CSNY, they were all huge beatles fans, and wouldn't have made it that far without them. Dylan's electric work would have been only minimal without the Beatles. The Byrds (not birds) wouldn't have gone anywhere without Dylan. And Dylan wouldn't have made albums such as Highway 51 Revisited and Blonde On Blonde without the Beatles. They both influenced each other at that point.

Plus, they are in regard, the greatest rock band of all time, that doesn't mean they have to be my personal favorite. Everyone has different favorites. Some people prefer vanilla then chocolate. It isn't wrong or right to choose. I know people who dislike the Beatles, and that's fine. There is a difference as well with like and respect. You love any of today's music, you don't have to like previous music, just respect that they paved the way for the acts you listen to now.

So, I can have my personal favorite band being DMB, and it isn't right or wrong. If you still have a problem with that, fuck off.

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  10:28:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I don't know. I think that the other mentioned bands would have been pretty huge without the Beatles leading the way...of course, there is no way to know that for sure. I suppose I can agree with you on most of your points though...more or less...

And as I'm sure you're well aware, not only were these guys fans of the Beatles...but some of the Beatles were also fans of these other guys (Hendrix, Brian Wilson, McGuinn, Clapton, etc.).

There's really only one important thing to take from all of this...my opinion means more than yours!
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  07:08:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The stones and such would never have made it to what they are now without the Beatles. They would have existed, but wouldn't have been as big as they are. Plus the Stones' first hit was written by John and Paul: I Wanna Be Your Man.

There's a section of The Rutles that makes fun of this. It is a must see movie for Beatles fans everywhere.

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  1:19:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I definitely shouldn't care this much, but you've misquoted me, Tericee (in the somewhat cumbersome method of making "quote" references). That nonsense was spewed by Ranthing Thespian.
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  11:58:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine shipped on Saturday...hopefully I'll be getting it today...

Check this out...

http://music.aol.com/videos/live-concerts/dave-matthews-tim-reynolds br /
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  5:56:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Betrayal is so nasty...what a DVD!

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  5:57:50 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Damn the mail, mine shipped on Friday, and didn't arrive today

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  8:39:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
stay away from the fags on the dmb message boards. the set is soo bad that they arent even buying the dvd. fucking ungrateful bitches

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  9:17:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
John said 'fags.'

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  10:20:52 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What DMB boards are you talking about? I'm a semi-regular at Antsmarching.org and I've seen a lot of discussion about the CD/DVD.
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  11:54:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GuitarGuy305

What DMB boards are you talking about? I'm a semi-regular at Antsmarching.org and I've seen a lot of discussion about the CD/DVD.

that's because you're not elite enough.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  11:56:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hopeful Rolling Waves

John said 'fags.'

this better not be an issue of being PC. i'm so sick of PC. fucking live a little.

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  12:25:59 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm obviously not elite enough in the DMB fanbase, but I don't want to be. From what I've seen quite a few people have picked up the CD/DVD, and quite a few people are bitching about Tim's parts.

One guy actually posted that Tim shouldn't be allowed to play solos songs since he doesn't sing/isn't catchy or something like that. I used to try to set these guys straight, but now I just chuckle to myself at the ignorance.

There is also quite a commotion over a "one note solo" that Tim apparently played during one of Dave's songs (Lie In Our Graves).

Oh well...at least I have these boards to bring me back to reality.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  12:32:04 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

Damn the mail, mine shipped on Friday, and didn't arrive today

I'm still waiting for mine Kevin. I did the regular "do not fuck me in the ass" shipping and I'm still waiting. Usually I can go the cheap route and still get it on release day. I hope the bonus disc is worth the extra wait and not just running to Best Buy.

Speaking of fucking fans up the ass, did you see that they have two additional bonus tracks (not included on the bonus CD) on the iTunes version of the album? Catch is that you have to buy the entire album on iTunes to get the 2 bonus tracks. I know there are DMB fans that have the CD/DVD in hand that are re-buying it on iTunes to get two more songs. DMB's marketing department really loves the fans...or their wallets anyway.
Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  4:02:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought the CD/DVD combo and love it. Well worth the money. Actually, if it was just the two TR songs on full production DVD it would have been worth it.

I'm not surprised by the one-note solo chatter from the DMB camp for Lie In Our Graves. I think it's quite cool because it redirects one (or at least me) to attend to Matthews' playing. Also, I don't think you should complain unless you can do; I know I certainly couldn't tremolo pick a note for that long (I tried to and my hand got tired).
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  4:16:26 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JTR

I bought the CD/DVD combo and love it. Well worth the money. Actually, if it was just the two TR songs on full production DVD it would have been worth it.

I'm not surprised by the one-note solo chatter from the DMB camp for Lie In Our Graves. I think it's quite cool because it redirects one (or at least me) to attend to Matthews' playing.

I totally agree about the two Tim solo songs. Easily worth the cash, plus the mini-doc that's on disc 2.

One thing I've learned about DMB fans is that they are never happy. Trey from Phish guested last night on Lie In Our Graves and they are up in arms because the song ended early after Trey's solo...missing the point that Trey was there at all.
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  4:42:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm dying to get home to watch these things. I'm flying out of Iowa tonight.

Screw whatever anyone is saying on the DMB message boards. They're morons.

Since I haven't heard the "one note" solo, I can't really give my opinion. However, knowing it was TR performaing the aforementioned solo...I'd have to say that it's most definitely amazing! I've totally been in a state of mind while playing where for whatever reason a single note (or maybe two or three) just really hit you in an odd way...and you just hang out there...and enjoy it...and see where it goes.

Tim is the greatest. Ever. Period.
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  4:58:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jsemon2

this better not be an issue of being PC. i'm so sick of PC. fucking live a little.

I think it's more like Beavis & Butthead than PC...

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  5:30:51 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
grrrr, still no package today. If it weren't for those darn bonus discs, I'd never pre-order.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  7:01:05 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

grrrr, still no package today. If it weren't for those darn bonus discs, I'd never pre-order.

Likewise. Luckily mine came today. I refuse to use the extra fast shipping or whatever, but I usually get it on the release date anyway. One of DMB's Live Trax took a little less than a week to get here, and I got this one the day after the release date. Still not bad for saving like $5 in shipping. I still think the USPS is screwed up though.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  7:33:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am still waiting on my copies as well. If they come tomorrow, which I really hope they do, I am waiting until after I get home from taking my final in the Juvenile Delinquency class I am taking, to watch the DVD. Summer courses aren't fun.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  7:55:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's the best DM related album I've purchased since Live at Luther. At first I was a bit apprehensive by the amount of Some Devil and Stand Up material, but honestly, everything is amazing with TR. TR's all crazy with the slide throughout the whole thing. Great stuff, it's been worth the wait since 1999.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  8:12:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Mine luckily came yesterday. I've gotten as far as Dont Drink The Water on the DVD and I'm totally blown away. I couldn't get a good look at Tim's setup, though. He sounds totally natural, nothing like pickups... I wonder if he played through the Aura?

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  9:12:23 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I wonder if Dave is using something too. His guitar sounds awesome. I think Dave's voice sounds very, very good on this too. Makes me wonder if there's some studio magic involved during the production of this.

Tim is, as always, amazing on every song. I'm about to cue it up to watch with the wife....again.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  10:22:49 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I managed to get my hands on the two additional tracks (Ants Marching and The Stone) that are only available when you buy the album on iTunes. I'm upping them to my site so if anyone wants them, let me know and I can post the addresses of the files.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  11:22:04 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yes please!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  12:17:15 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ants: http://guitarguy305.googlepages.com/AntsMarchingMarch142007.mp3

Stone: http://guitarguy305.googlepages.com/TheStoneMarch22007.mp3

Let me know if you have any problems, but they should download just fine.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  01:34:09 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sweet, it worked like a wonder. I'm going to load those onto my iPod and listen to them before bed tonight. Thanks!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  08:00:02 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Cool. I've leave the links up for anyone else that wants them. As long as I don't need the bandwidth, I'll leave the files on my site.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  10:56:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still no video/cds and they were shipped last Friday, 8/10! Sheeesh!
Ya know, I don't even care about the extra cuts now, I would just like to see the DVD and hear the recording from RCMH. I thought I could enjoy listening while I am studying today and would have the video to look forward to watching after my final tonight, but no such luck. Since I am going away all weekend, looks like I won't get to hear or see these until sometime next week. Such is my luck, why am I not surprised?

Mental note to self: Never buy anything from Music Today again!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  1:07:36 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That sucks Pam! My mail probably arrives in about 2 hours, and if it isn't here, I'll be really bummed! I remember pre ordering Some Devil with the D+T bonus disc, and getting it the Monday before street.

Good luck on your final.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  1:38:44 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've seen quite a few people complaining about shipping time on this from Music Today. I wonder if they were overloaded with pre-orders for this release.

Someone brought up that Music Today probably ships things in the order that the orders were placed. That contradicts what the website says during the pre-order, but it kind of makes sense for me. I usually order as soon as the pre-order is announced, and I have gotten every disc except Live Trax 9 on the release date or the day after.

The only thing I can say is that this DVD/CD is definitely worth your wait. I hope we get more T&D releases in the future. Some of these Live Trax releases should really be Tim and Dave shows.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  2:10:51 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, I think I pre-ordered the day I saw the pre-order announcement, so I don't hold much to that theory.

quote:
Some of these Live Trax releases should really be Tim and Dave shows.

YES!!! I've been hoping for that all along. Or even some more DMB shows with Tim on Guitar. I still think 12.01.98 is the best DMB show I've ever heard. I'd kill for a soundboard of that, but since there have already been two other releases from that tour, I doubt it.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  8:12:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hopeful Rolling Waves

Everyone, you will hear me yell "Let Tim Play!" very clearly, because Dave responded to it through the mike. Weasel power!

Was that the part when Matthews responds, "Hey buddy, we run things up here"? That's cut out of the CD, but it's in the DVD.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  8:28:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the wishes Kevin! I feel like a huge load has just been taken off me, I am SO glad that course is over! Of course I will be back in the rat race again in three weeks, but hey, I am going to enjoy my time "off" from school and work!

If my DVD/CDs come in tomorrows mail, there is a slight chance that I might get to at least listen to the CD. I really can't wait. That was a great show. I remember Dave saying "good night" and I thought, WHAT???? It's over already? I can't remember a concert going so fast before. Great memories of that night, very glad they made a DVD of that show! It most definitely will be worth the wait, but that doesn't make the waiting any easier.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  12:04:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just got a voicemail from Marcus Eaton saying he just watched the new RCMH DVD and he mentioned that he even saw me in it. I don't know how prominently I am featured, it may just be a "where's Waldo" moment. LOL New game: Find Fluffy LOL

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  08:55:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Fluffy, you just gave me ANOTHER reason to be mad that I still haven't received my DVD. j/k Actually, that is so cool. I am going to be sure to look for you. Hey, do we get something if we find the part you're in? LOL

You know, part of what made that day so special for me, outside of having great fun at the party and talking with Jon, Lisa, and the other board members, was meeting Marcus. Just as everyone said, he is one heck of a nice guy. BTW, glad you were able to arrange the contact between Marcus and another mutual friend in TX. Nice that they could play together for a few tunes. Thanx!

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  09:41:37 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll have to watch it again and play the Where's Fluffy game. And listen for the "Let Tim Play" from HRW. Nice to have an excuse to sit around watching TV again today ;)
Go to Top of Page

jjkim1028
Try A Little Harder

52 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  10:15:03 AM  Show Profile  Send jjkim1028 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I found you, Fluffy.
When Tim and Dave exit the stage, you were standing near exit.

Great DVD, BTW.
Loved every single moments of it.
People bitching about Tim's solo (from Ants.org or wherever) can pretty much die.

JJ
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  10:55:42 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jjkim1028

I found you, Fluffy.
When Tim and Dave exit the stage, you were standing near exit.

Great DVD, BTW.
Loved every single moments of it.
People bitching about Tim's solo (from Ants.org or wherever) can pretty much die.

JJ

I'll have to check that out. I haven't gotten that far yet. I've only gotten to watch songs 2 or 3 at a time due to other things deemed more important by my wife...

The thing I've learned about DMB fans is that they really don't seem to like anyone tampering with their precious 5 members. They bitch about Butch Taylor a lot, who's been with them for what, 8 years now? They bitch about Rashawn Ross (trumpet player) that I think actually adds a huge part to their sound. They bitch about Trey, Tim or any other electric player that sits in...so they're basically never happy.

I've seen threads on ants comparing RCMH to L@LC as far as Tim's playing and some are saying they prefer L@LC because Tim does more fast runs, etc...yet many DMB fans write Tim off as an emotionless speed machine...so it's like "what the hell do you want??" He's either too fast and plays without feeling (which is BS) or he's too melodic and slow. They also preferred T&D back in like 1994 before all the effects and stuff that Tim uses now. I love the effects and think they add a whole new layer to Dave's songs. One that jumps out in my mind is the stuff that Tim plays on Stay or Leave on the DVD. The delay makes those lines he plays stand out so much more.

Usually when I read threads on Ants though I just roll my eyes and move on. I post there now and then with pro-Tim statements, but I usually don't even respond to the ignorant things people say.
Go to Top of Page

jjkim1028
Try A Little Harder

52 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  11:57:30 AM  Show Profile  Send jjkim1028 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am honestly really big fan of DMB + guests (except Ross.. just my personal opinion), but not a big fan of fans of DMB...most of them who bitch about everything, that is.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  5:34:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, bad news and bad news. I STILL haven't received my dvd/cds! I am pissed to say the least. Of course my day was horrible all around. It started when my car battery died in a parking lot. Then I had to wait an hour and a half for AAA to come, I watched while the guy changed the battery, watched him leave, then started my car and pulled out and instantly felt something wrong with the car, to which I said "shit" out loud, wondering what was wrong now! I got out of the car to find that he left the battery "case thing" on the ground which of course I ran over and now it is stuck under my car! I said a few more choice words out loud, had to wait close to another hour before the guy came back and got it out from under my car At least it didn't happen tomorrow on the turnpike.

It sure would have been nice to have at least had my cd to listen to now. Oh well. I am not holding my breath that it will come tomorrow either.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  7:10:22 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jjkim1028

I am honestly really big fan of DMB + guests (except Ross.. just my personal opinion), but not a big fan of fans of DMB...most of them who bitch about everything, that is.

I love when they have different guests play with them. I agree about their fans. I've met some really cool people both online and at shows, but I've also seen their fans doing stupid shit; like throwing empty glass beer bottles at passing cars leaving the Alpine Valley parking lot "too early." Too early as in after the show was over, but not before an additional two hours of "partying" in the parking lot and eventually getting kicked out by security/policy I guess...who knows.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  7:50:41 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Still nothing for me either I called Musictoday, and they told me that if I still don't get it by Tuesday that they will UPS me a replacement. I was really looking forward to watching it tonight.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2007 :  6:13:06 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well there have been tons of reviews of RCMH so far, but I just read this one off AllMusic.com and i thought I'd post it since this reviewer had such great things to say about Tim.

Review by Thom Jurek
In some ways, two and a half hours of acoustic Dave Matthews with Tim Reynolds seems like it would be a snore — especially since a boatload of these 27 songs range between five and nine minutes! The Dave Matthews Band can get away with such excesses as a group, but in this intimate setting on such a large stage? It's either truly wonderful or something of an exercise in intense ego run riot, right? To be fair, this is not a snore. Reynolds is a hell of a guitarist. He is not one given to random excess and never pretends to be a guitar hero — though he is. The program is simply that this pair brings out Matthews' tunes from both the DMB and his solo recording and plays them for an audience full of adoration and gratitude. And, for the most part, it works. The opening blues moans that introduce "Bartender" let the listener know that this is no ordinary acoustic show. Renditions of "Crush," "Gravedigger," "Some Devil," and "Crash into Me" are gorgeously done here. There is a conviction in Matthews' voice that is missing on a lot of the band's live records. Likewise, "Grace Is Gone" and the cover versions like Neil Young's "Down by the River," Daniel Lanois' "The Maker," and Woody Guthrie's "This Land Is Your Land" are also wonderfully done. There is also a new song called "Sister" that Matthews overly explains, but the song's terrific.

There are a few dull moments, but over the entire course of this set they are actually few and far between — unless Matthews' voice gets to you after a while, and then perhaps you're in trouble. When Matthews is lazy (and he often is), the results can be samey sounding — but he's not here. He understands implicitly that his singing is more important than it is with the DMB, and it needs to carry the weight. Reynolds adds so much in terms of color and texture — whether he's playing straight, using effects, playing slide, or inventing some new scale to play a solo in, he transforms what might be merely intimate and engaging into something (mostly) compelling. Even the nine-plus-minute "Dancing Nancies" works like a charm because Reynolds is able to create an alternate voice with his lead guitar playing. His solo on Young's "Down by the River" actually mimics (on acoustic guitar) the songwriter's, by going into a somewhat extended single-note hammer until it becomes trancelike — he could just as easily have shown off. For Matthews fans, this is essential. For those on the fence about Matthews, this is document enough to win you over to his talent as a songwriter — without spending the fruitless time that DMB recordings take up. For those who liked Some Devil, his solo effort, this document will provide further enjoyment. It's as solid as an extended presentation can be and is, for the most part, thoroughly enjoyable. The great contribution it does provide is to demonstrate what a guitar-picking wonder Reynolds is, even more so than on earlier collaborations between these two. Somebody should sign this guy up, and quick.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  11:19:32 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So Pam and Kevin, maybe today will be the day?

By the way all, I uploaded the Europe 2007 bonus disc to SendSpace for a friend, including the 2 iTunes tracks. If anyone either hasn't gotten their release yet by mail and wants something to tide them over, or you bought the DVD/CD in the store, I can post the link for you if you like. Let me know via email or on this board.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  11:58:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
WOW Kev, thanks for posting that review. I will be sharing that in the appropriate places you can bet.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  1:33:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After watching the DVD and documentary, my girlfriend and I kept saying... "Tim is the man". What a great guy and amazing talent. I hope this dvd/cd really gets out there. Tim is oustanding in it!
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  3:26:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've yet to receive mine. I got the confirmation/shipment notification email 10 days ago. It said that it's shipped USPS Priority. I either hate MusicToday or the USPS. I haven't decided yet...I'm on hold with MusicToday...ready to go nuts when I get off hold!

I'm never pre-ordering anything again.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2007 :  09:15:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gnome44, I hear ya, I doubt I will pre-order again either. Mine finally came by reg. US mail, I didn't sign up for the second day or whatever. I think the post office just got overwhelmed with material to send out.

Kev, did you get yours yet? BTW, great article! Very nice to see TR get the credit he deserves and it was worded perfectly!

Just watched the DVD, didn't see you Fluffy. Where the heck are you hiding? I looked at the end, after Two Step, and saw some stage hands but not you. Really love this DVD, the extras are sweet too.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2007 :  2:04:30 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, do you know if it's when they leave the stage for the last time, or before one of the encores?
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2007 :  5:23:46 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Still nothing for me. I had to get on the horn with Music Today again this afternoon, and they are going to ship me a replacement via UPS.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2007 :  11:24:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

There is also quite a commotion over a "one note solo" that Tim apparently played during one of Dave's songs (Lie In Our Graves).

I finally received the DVD/CD package yesterday (it took 10 days to arrive...and it was shipped DHL rather than Post Office). And I finally finished watching the whole thing tonight.

The "one note solo" was AMAZING! It was perfect. And you could tell how into it Tim was. Towards the end, when Tim started fading out, he brought it back in perfectly...Dave smiled and shook his head in disbelief. Then at the long break, they laughed at each other as Tim held up one finger and said, "One note."

How in the hell could anyone complain about that? It was intense. Brilliant. Beautiful.

Those DMB douche bags annoy the hell out of me.
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  01:45:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just got it the other day. I am VERY impressed. It is great quality, great shots, good sound (with one exception). Very good setlist, would have loved to have seen minarets or drive in drive out, but still a good setlist.

The only thing is I don't like how much Dave's guitar is turned down. I wouldn't mind getting the CDs, and try and sync it up with the DVD, but that might be too much work.

The documentry is a great one, and I loved seeing Dave and Tim practicing Eh Hee. I also really like that solid body steel guitar he had. I hope he whips it out for songs with the band, and not let it get lost.

Anyways, 9.5 out of 10 for me. Love it.

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  10:51:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The only thing is I don't like how much Dave's guitar is turned down. I wouldn't mind getting the CDs, and try and sync it up with the DVD, but that might be too much work.

I wouldn't have cared if they turned Dave's guitar off.

Just kidding. Sort of...
Go to Top of Page

Andre_Brazil
Try A Little Harder

Brazil
87 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  2:53:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I became Tim´s fan in 2000 listening the L@LC cd. Became a great fan of Dave and DMB as well. Because of Tim I busted my ass of to buy a Martin D-35 and I wait for this DVD for 7 years. Great pics, great sound (although Dave´s guitar is down and he uses the DM3MD only for a few songs)and great energy. I must confess you guys are so lucky to have the oportunity to see those 2 and DMB as well in a live performance, a thing that I might never had the chance. And I have to agree, the DMB fans on another boards are very very annoying complaining about everything in the band. Those guys just don´t realize the lucky that they have. Just want to thanks Jsemon2 for put some great vídeos ond youtube and a torrent of Tim´s live performances and Fluffy if you still can help me with the Chaos View DVD I´ll be very thankfull. Peace guys, sorry for the bad language.. and there are a lot of brazilians fans of Tim here.. peace!
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  4:11:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Andre, I haven't forgotten about you and I still have a DVD saved for you at the office. I am currently in NYC on TouR with another band but I hook up with TR on the 9th for our run of shows thru the NE. Maybe after that I will be back to the office and can hopefully get that out to you.

I am glad that you enjoyed the RCMH DVD, I still have not seen it yet but it sounds great. Everyone seems to be loving it(for the most part). Hopefully one day you will have the opportunity to see it first hand. I hope that for you. THANX for your all your interest and continued support. Look forward to one day meeting you F2F.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Andre_Brazil
Try A Little Harder

Brazil
87 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  5:15:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey man thanks for the short reply. Hope you and Tim have a good time in this run. A very good friend of mine and responsible for the DMB fan club here in Brazil will be in NY Sep 19 to 25. Maybe if can catch up with him... His email rodrigo@dmbrasil.net. Thanks Fluffy, see you around!
Go to Top of Page

mlb1399
Is Anybody Here?

14 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  1:26:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I loved the DVD and thought it was one of the better shows I own save for 3-29-03. Once again, Tim is absolutely brilliant. There were parts of the show were I just got goose bumps from Tim's playing.

This might be considerd blasphemy in some circles but I can't wait for the day that DMB breaks up and D&T go on tour more often. I'll take Tim's guitar playing over the rest of the band. He just knows how to harmonize perfectly with Dave and he creates some more interesting moods and sounds than the band.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  2:09:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well I picked up a copy of the DVD last nite and I haven't had a chance to go thru all of it obviously as I am quite busy at the moment. What I did watch I will have to say that I kinda have to agree with a few of the things I have been reading on other boards about the recording. Keep in mind, I haven't heard the CD yet so I can't compare them but what I have been hearing is that folks think it's a different audio mix. I will say that on the parts of the DVD I watched it sounds like they turned Dave's guitar down a bit when TR would solo which actually kinda bothered me. It seemed like Dave's guitar was more evenly mixed with TR's during other sections of songs. Not sure if thats the case but that's how it sounds to me. Particularly in the now infamous "one note" solo which I think was absolutely beautiful and spot on for the song. Dave definitely seemed to LOVE it from his reaction and the crowd at the show obviously dug it, standing and cheering. I thought it worked. Can't wait to check it all out in full. It LOOKS absolutely beautiful, crystal clear.

As for me, I did see myself a few TIMes in the background but none of them are really obvious to anyone but myself. The obvious one where almost anyone can make me out is as TR and Dave walk off the stage for the last TIMe before the credits roll, you can see me standing there with my flashlight showing them the way off stage.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Andre_Brazil
Try A Little Harder

Brazil
87 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  4:19:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The so called "one note solo" to me is perfect. If I could hold a note like that for 30 seconds I`ll be very happy . Don´t know why people complain so much about it. Fluffy I did spot you at the end of the show.
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  4:31:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andre_Brazil

Don´t know why people complain so much about it.

Because they are stuipd.
Go to Top of Page

Andre_Brazil
Try A Little Harder

Brazil
87 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2007 :  6:06:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe... I just feel sorry for this guys. I mean.. come on... you live in a country that have Tim Reynolds, Dave Matthews and his band, Ben Harper (that one came to Brazil and I saw 2 amazing shows)and plenty of other great musicians that in sort of way change the ways of a generation.. include plenty of people here in my country. If those guys that complain about everythning don´t have the oportunity to see a live show in US, well... maybe they recognize the amazing group of bands that their have so close to see eheheheh. But this is a humble opinion of a brazilian guy in south. Peace...
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2007 :  01:06:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So apparently for the week of Sept 1st T&D Live at RCMH will be #3 on the Billboard Top 200. That is an amazing accomplishment for a live album that I don't think anyone thought would do so well. It is also the #2 download on iTunes. Pretty impressive. Lots of exposure for TR. It was my impression that this release really came out without the usual hoopla surrounding a new DMB record and I am not sure that folks thought it would be this big as it seems to have caught on like wildfire. Any other impressions from folks more in the know about DMB releases? I am of the feeling that this record prolly did far better than expected. Don't get me wrong, thats a great thing, I think it caught me and alot of other folks off guard. I don't want to say that the release was an after-thought as I saw alot of the work that went into it but I never got the feeling that it was something people thought would be the huge selling release that it has become. Any thoughts from anyone else?

I also came across this three part interview with Dave at the AT&T blue room website. Dave talks alot about working with TR throughtout the whole thing. He even talks about his impending release of his solo recording of Eh Hee and talks about working on it with TR for the T&D shows. Great stuff, check it out!

Pt 1:

http://www.attblueroom.com/music/mediaplayer.php?pid=99801&item2=Interview%3A%20Songwriting

Pt 2:

http://www.attblueroom.com/music/mediaplayer.php?pid=99800&item2=Interview%3A%20Working%20With%20Tim%20Reynolds

Pt 3:

http://www.attblueroom.com/music/mediaplayer.php?pid=99751&item2=Interview%3A%20Live%20At%20Radio%20City

SO YOU KNOW, during each of the parts it fades to black and then comes back with more interview. So don't turn it off thinking it is over. Keep watching til it ends. On my computer when Pt 1 ended Pt 2 started automatically and the same for Pt 3. Lots of kind words for TR from Dave. Should put to rest that nasty rumor of a rift. LOL ENJOY!!

Apparently a SOLO DAVE version of Eh Hee is being released on iTunes:

We are excited to announce the premiere of a video for Dave Matthews' song "Eh Hee". The "Eh Hee" video marks the directorial debut by Dave and was co-directed by longtime lighting and live video director Fenton Williams. The video will be released as a FREE download exclusively on iTunes on Tuesday, September 4, 2007. The video will be available at no charge for the week and then will be available for purchase. Also available for purchase is the song "Eh Hee" on which Dave plays all instruments. The song was produced by Dave Matthews and John Alagia. Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds Live at Radio City is also available for purchase on iTunes and features two bonus tracks.

http://dmband.com/news/view/16e54879dd311c48a7da7f843c3fcf8a

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2007 :  12:17:07 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Andre_Brazil

Don´t know why people complain so much about it.

Because they are stuipd.

And they are never happy. I'm almost thinking that complaining about the imperfections of Dave, the band, Tim, T&D, etc. is what MAKES them happy...
Go to Top of Page

Andre_Brazil
Try A Little Harder

Brazil
87 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2007 :  7:22:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

So apparently for the week of Sept 1st T&D Live at RCMH will be #3 on the Billboard Top 200. That is an amazing accomplishment for a live album that I don't think anyone thought would do so well. It is also the #2 download on iTunes. Pretty impressive. Lots of exposure for TR. It was my impression that this release really came out without the usual hoopla surrounding a new DMB record and I am not sure that folks thought it would be this big as it seems to have caught on like wildfire. Any other impressions from folks more in the know about DMB releases? I am of the feeling that this record prolly did far better than expected. Don't get me wrong, thats a great thing, I think it caught me and alot of other folks off guard. I don't want to say that the release was an after-thought as I saw alot of the work that went into it but I never got the feeling that it was something people thought would be the huge selling release that it has become. Any thoughts from anyone else?

I am not surprised. I think this album mixed up some old songs and new songs and because of that the amount of people pleased was bigger. I´m so glad that Tim has this kind of exposure. And the T&D duo deserve this.. because this is not DMB (I´m a big fan of them too for the record). Those are two guys that can make the kind of noise that makes you think: What a hell? How many guys are up on stage playing??? Ten??? ehehe. Peace!
Go to Top of Page

mlb1399
Is Anybody Here?

14 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2007 :  2:27:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After watching this show again I came to a realization. I used to think Dave brought out his best for T&D shows. It could be the fact that a lot of times his guitar riffs are drowned out by the band. IMHO, Tim brings new life to Dave's songs and adds layers of texture that sometimes lack with a lot of the Dave style chords that are used repitively. Tim steals the show in my opinion. No matter how many times I watch it, I sit there and think to myself, that man is absolutely ridiculously talented at guitar.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2007 :  5:08:31 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mlb1399

After watching this show again I came to a realization. I used to think Dave brought out his best for T&D shows. It could be the fact that a lot of times his guitar riffs are drowned out by the band. IMHO, Tim brings new life to Dave's songs and adds layers of texture that sometimes lack with a lot of the Dave style chords that are used repitively. Tim steals the show in my opinion. No matter how many times I watch it, I sit there and think to myself, that man is absolutely ridiculously talented at guitar.

Glad to see you on this side of things. Aren't you on Ants or DMBTabs? Or both?
Go to Top of Page

dancheatham
Chatterbox

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2007 :  01:37:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit dancheatham's Homepage  Send dancheatham an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

That's interesting. I work at an FYE, and we got 3 copies of the DVD and about 10 of the CD, and I don't think we've sold more than 2 DVDs and 4 CDs yet. Granted, we're a small store, but I really didn't think this was selling all that well at all, just based on our sales. And I live in a college town where DMB is playing on Thursday. I guess Internet sales also count, though, don't they?

Daniel Cheatham
dmbalmanac.com
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2007 :  02:14:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Glad to see you on this side of things. Aren't you on Ants or DMBTabs? Or both?

DMBtabs . . . grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2007 :  11:27:31 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dancheatham
That's interesting. I work at an FYE, and we got 3 copies of the DVD and about 10 of the CD, and I don't think we've sold more than 2 DVDs and 4 CDs yet. Granted, we're a small store, but I really didn't think this was selling all that well at all, just based on our sales. And I live in a college town where DMB is playing on Thursday. I guess Internet sales also count, though, don't they?

I don't remember the last time I bought a CD/DVD in a store, especially one like Tower or FYE... Then again I don't remember the last time I flushed money down the toilet either. I think most of the sales in this case, as with a lot of DMB releases that are "for the fans" as some reviewers would say, were online sales. Especially with the pre-order bonuses that they offer.

I saw a ton of people posting things about picking the CDs and DVDs up for way cheaper than online prices at stores like Target and Best Buy too. I think I saw something like $10 for the CD.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2007 :  11:32:27 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
DMBtabs . . . grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Yeah I know... Ants is pretty much the same atmosphere. There has been quite a lull in activity over at DMBtabs lately. I usually just check the musician forum to see what inaccurate information people are giving out about guitars and maintenance today!
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2007 :  02:21:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Yeah I know... Ants is pretty much the same atmosphere. There has been quite a lull in activity over at DMBtabs lately. I usually just check the musician forum to see what inaccurate information people are giving out about guitars and maintenance today!

You even mention my name (ranting thespian) to anyone on dmbtabs, the mocking and put downs and belittling begins. Oh, and fag and gay are used even more than normal . . . normal for dmbtabs's posters.

Actually, in truth, I was on there right when Jared took over. He himself convinced me to join. It was great, people were friendly and smart and knew a shit load about guitars. People freely helped each-other. I found myself making audio clips and sending them to newbies all the time. And teaching people how to play warehouse. Then came the new guys, slowly the intelligence dwindled, and assholes took control.

Sorry for bitching. I've been doing that too much lately. Sorry.

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2007 :  4:52:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i fucking hate the word "newbie".

the whole concept behind someone thinking they aren't "newbie" anymore is a joke. i hate the whole concept and everything about the word "newbie"

oh, did i mention, I FUCKING HATE IT

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2007 :  6:44:57 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey John, how do you feel about the word "newbie"?
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  03:26:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just think the word newbie sounds stupid.

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  2:49:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Being there in person, I could tell you it felt like the roof was gonna blow off that place during LIOG, and Tim's solo definitely added to that excitement. Anyone who bashes this performance is spoiled by the availability of bootlegs and is over-opinionated. It's a great performance and great exposure for Tim.

Fuck all y'all.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  3:50:43 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The thing I find most comical about the stuff people have been saying about Tim's playing on Radio City is that they miss the fast fills and riffs he did in the Luther College days, and they wish he would have played something like that for the LIOG solo.

That just makes me laugh because I see people from the DMB camp write Tim as some emotionless shredding machine a la Malmsteen all the time. Yet when he does not shred it up, they miss it.

It all comes back to the DMB fans that just don't want their precious band or precious Dave tainted by outside musicians. As I've said, Butch Taylor on the keys still gets crap after all these years.
Go to Top of Page

Andre_Brazil
Try A Little Harder

Brazil
87 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  5:06:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

As I've said, Butch Taylor on the keys still gets crap after all these years.

Rashawn Ross too
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000