Gossip of the Neurons
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  2:52:06 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow...

I usually don't buy CD's, but since I like Tim so much I figured i'd explore his album releases, and GOTN is an absolutely amazing album. The first track started and I had an eargasm. Just felt like spitting that out there, in case anyone else has little faith in whether or not Album Tim is truely as beautiful as Live Tim.

Off Topic: how come no one has attempted tabbing some of these other tracks on the album, even though they're alot less structured than others. Come to think of it, they actually may be more structured than one might think, but since other versions are rare for comparing tracks like Hermetic Dew Drops or Not of This World.

my favorite color is go fuck yourself. :D

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  3:13:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm under the impression that most of the songs on that album that have any structure have had someone post some kind of tab somewhere. I have some tabs, at least for parts, of: After the Dust Settles, Imaginary Time, Big Blast of Hot Air, Loose Interpretation, Breathing Space, Letting Go, Kundalini Bonfire, and There Is No Judgment. I got most of those tabs off the board here, so there are tabs floating around.

By the by, album Tim in this case IS live Tim.
Go to Top of Page

JoeGamo05
Chatterbox

USA
279 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  3:26:14 PM  Show Profile  Send JoeGamo05 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah thats his best cd imo... i love after the dust settles, chatterbox, and the allmighty loose interp. i really like the stream cd to... really mellow to me

When the trees start walking, the ground starts moving, your insane, your insane
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  3:29:59 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I love There Is No Judgment.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  4:18:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a trip from start to finish.

And, Joe, what have you been smoking before listening to it! Chatterbox isn't on there! You must have been hanging out with Jay!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2004 :  7:40:43 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

It's a trip from start to finish.

And, Joe, what have you been smoking before listening to it! Chatterbox isn't on there! You must have been hanging out with Jay!

LOL, damnit. I was gonna say that. Minus the Jay part. Ok, nevermind...word for word.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

JoeGamo05
Chatterbox

USA
279 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2004 :  01:12:06 AM  Show Profile  Send JoeGamo05 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thinking of stream cd muw har ha rhar same thing.... oh yeah quick quesiton.. is loose interp. an indepth improv off of chatterbox? i dunno i just alwyas hear a resemblence in the music and the chord structure... just slower beat... of course... i am and idiot

When the trees start walking, the ground starts moving, your insane, your insane
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2004 :  03:34:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that'd be a question for Tim.

I can see where one could hear a resemblence, but in my opinion I doubt it.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2004 :  09:53:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
MY all time favorite TR album, no doubt about it...some really beautiful stuff...It's my favorite CD to put on while I'm restless at night, it just calms you right down...My favorites are Loose and the title track.

And yeah, it's great while stoned...

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2004 :  8:41:39 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
To JTR:
I know theres tabs for those songs, but i was pertaining to tabs of the other songs mentioned.
Theres a difference between audience/soundboard taped live, and album released live. Album released implies not only a high sound quality, but also among the highest playing quality of the touring. An artist won't pick an average one of their shows, and often times they'll pick a live show with an almost studio-like vibe to it. I think GOTN is one of these albums, since theres no audience to be heard in the album and versions of these songs like loose int. or kundalini bonfire are much more condensed or shortened than a typical live show's version. By the way, where'd you find tabs for big blast on this forum? i was searching earlier for that main riff he usually plays, but i couldn't find it.

my favorite color is go fuck yourself. :D
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2004 :  07:51:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There are no tabs on the tab page for it, but there have been a couple of threads which contain some tab for Big Blast. Seach for it.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2004 :  05:15:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This should go in the tab section, but Blast's main background riff is done by tuning your low-E down to A, leaving the A string open, and holding the A on the seventh fret of the D-string. I typically mute the others, but any attack is almost non-existant those bottom 3. You will then slap away at them, having 3 different A's going. Give her a whirl.
Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2004 :  01:08:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On a side note, I still think GotN is a pure live album. I forget what the CD case says since I copy all my CDs when I go to school to limit stealing and I leave the originals at home, but I was under the impression it was a pure live album at Miller's, I believe.
Go to Top of Page

Macht
Chatterbox

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2005 :  10:20:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Macht an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JTR

On a side note, I still think GotN is a pure live album. I forget what the CD case says since I copy all my CDs when I go to school to limit stealing and I leave the originals at home, but I was under the impression it was a pure live album at Miller's, I believe.

says: produced by Tim Reynolds
recorded by Larry Minnick live, at Millers, in Charlottsvill, Virgina.

and the reason some of the songs seem more condensed is this little side note:

tracks 1, 4, 5, 9 and 11 were improvised.

i think everyone forgot about this thread though :P

Authorities here are alert
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000