11/23/01 Santa Fe, NM Paramount setlist
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Batstone
Chatterbox

Canada
281 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2005 :  9:43:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Batstone's Homepage  Send Batstone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
can someone give me a complete set list for this show?

www.myspace.com/adambatstone

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  02:42:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Batstone, I think you may have emailed me about this show, BUT as near as I can tell we didn't have a show on the date in question. Could you have the wrong date? Out TouR that year seems to have ended on the 17th in Chatanooga TN and I don't remember doing another one that near to the end of the TouR. I guess I could be wrong, but it surprises me that if we did another show after that that it would not be listed on the "past TouR dates" page. Have a look at that and make sure you have the date right:

http://www.timreynolds.com/tour/viewAll.aspx

Then if you find you have the wrong date you can go to the setlists page and see if there is already a setlist posted for the show you are interested in. That list can be found at:

http://www.timreynolds.com/setlists/

If you find out the date IS correct, LMK where the show was, venue and city, and I will see if I can locate the setlist for you. Good luck!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  08:38:30 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Of course shows sometimes get labeled wrong, but I have a video from the date he mentioned, Fluffy.

Intro guy says, among other things "Tim and Diane are dear friends of mine, and he is donating all of tonight's proceeds to benefit 'Aid and Comfort' [sic]..." Maybe that'll help narrow it down?

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  11:31:23 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ahhhh, Jason... you just made me realize that I have this show. It is a show from New Mexico, one of Tim's Paramount shows. I'll try to look for a set, and if all elese fails, I'll just watch the video and write down the songs.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  2:26:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know Batstone likes just Tim's apoopstick stuff, so on there is...Jemzez Rolling Waves, Dissident, And Then They Were Free, Kundalini Weenie, Decline in Reason?...and not much else, the secong disc is almost exclusively electric. And Tim banging on a synth.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

Batstone
Chatterbox

Canada
281 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2005 :  7:52:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Batstone's Homepage  Send Batstone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah, i like his acoustic stuff.. aha im not at home right now so i cant tell u much about the video... may be he wrong date im not sure, but thats wat it says on it.. if anyone else can help me out go for it..

thanks!

www.myspace.com/adambatstone
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  10:19:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am sure Kevin or someone will be able to help you out, good luck!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

viking611
Is Anybody Here?

8 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  8:05:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Fluff...wondering if you could get a setlist for this show. The date is incorrect. The show is from Sante Fe, NM on 12.01.01. If you have it and could list, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  10:04:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by viking611

Hey Fluff...wondering if you could get a setlist for this show. The date is incorrect. The show is from Sante Fe, NM on 12.01.01. If you have it and could list, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!

Are you sure that's the right date? There is nothing on the past tour dates of that date and nothing else I can find anywhere on that date that Tim performed. If that's the case I know there was a video from 10-10-01 that has been widely circulated. If 12-01-01 is the right date though I think it will have to be done by knowing the song in which case there are plenty of people that can help you on that.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  11:04:26 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
weird, I just watched disc 2 of this video this very day.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

viking611
Is Anybody Here?

8 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  11:05:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure that is the right date. 12.1.01. There are pictures from the show on this website from a show 12.1.01 and it is the same that i have on video. It is mislabeled as 11.23.01. There is even the handwritten setlist in the photo section, i just could not read any of it.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  11:27:42 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by viking611

I'm sure that is the right date. 12.1.01. There are pictures from the show on this website from a show 12.1.01 and it is the same that i have on video. It is mislabeled as 11.23.01. There is even the handwritten setlist in the photo section, i just could not read any of it.

I can't seem to find that... would you mind linking it? Or describing where it is... Thanks! I'd like to get this labeled properly...

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

viking611
Is Anybody Here?

8 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  12:14:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is now driving me nuts...I was incorrect about the photo page. I was looking at 12.01.00 but now that i look at more pics it is not the correct show. Here is what I've got:

The show opens with a guy who introduces Tim. He says "tim and diane are dear friends of mine......tim is donating all proceeds to benefit "Aid and Comfort" tonight which is happening at the el dorado tomorrow night. If you still need tickets..."

He also says "thanks so much for being here on this wonderful winter night in Sante Fe."

Tim is wearing a greyish-brown(?) cut-off T shirt with a Coca Cola circular emblem in the middle.
I can also say that I downloaded this show back in March of 2002 so it is pre that time.
This will now drive me nuts for a week. Hopefully some out there can help us get this labeled right!!
I'm going to try this.
First Part:
1.)Intro ??
2.)Jemez Rolling Waves
3.)
4.)
5.)Stranger in a Strained Land
6.)And Then They Were Free
7.)Doom (ELECTRIC)
That's where I've gotten so far...

Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  07:43:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Unless the date is incorrect (Fluffy might have to confirm this), here is the setlist from the video I house on the FTP server.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Paramount Theatre
Santa Fe, NM
11-23-2001

"Aid and Comfort Benefit 2001"

1. Release and Dissolve
2. Jemez Rolling Waves
3. Decline In Reason
4. Liquid Wavelength Drum
5. Stranger In A Strained Land
6. And Then They Were Free
7. Doom