a dream come TRue (July 9 in Athens)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2005 :  2:57:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone. I just wanted to let you all know (especially those of you in the Ohio area) that I’ll be doing an opening set for TIM next Saturday, July 9 at the Blue Gator in Athens. I’ve been on cloud nine for about a week now because sharing the stage with TIM is truly a dream come true. He has been a tremendous influence on me and has always provided an excellent show.
For those of you who might be able to come out to the show, please check out my new updated website at (www.mattwinn.com) that has info on my first full-length cd (rush ordered in time for this show!) and lots of sound clips (some of them are new reworked, remastered recordings of songs that board lurkers have checked out before). I think that a good portion of the TR fan base might find some enjoyment in what I do (and if not, well, I tried). I’d say that the songs most influenced by TR are “Icicles & Blue Lights” and “Voices in My Head.”

I’m elated and can’t begin to describe how honored I feel to share the stage with the Master himself. Hope to see a lot of TR message board people out at the show. Peace!
-Matt Winn

"Do you have the patience to wait
till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
till the right action arises by itself?"
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2005 :  6:14:49 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
holy shit dude. what an honor. i would kill for a chance to open for tim reynolds. i mean it. if i had to do a hit to get me on stage, yeah. good luck man.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2005 :  6:49:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats Matt!!!! Can't make the TIM show but I am hoping to see your show at Grape Steet on the 12th. Save me a CD!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Mechman293
Chatterbox

129 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2005 :  9:37:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alright Matt! congrats and have fun =)

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2005 :  01:41:23 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dang Matt, that's awesome!!

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2005 :  12:18:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

holy shit dude. what an honor. i would kill for a chance to open for tim reynolds. i mean it. if i had to do a hit to get me on stage, yeah. good luck man.

As would I, but to share the stage with Peter Gabriel I'd consider almost any heinous act.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  6:30:19 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i dont think there's a long enough string of cusswords to express my jealousy.

hope your set goes well man, and i checked out your website and i like the songs, clemmons's intro is sexy.

my favorite color is go fuck yourself. :D
Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  6:45:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thanks for your kind words. I've been practicing my butt off this week. Hope I don't faint on stage when I look down and see TR's rig.

Can you remain unmoving
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  11:16:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are going to do just fine Matt! Just be yourself, play your music your way and relax (OK I know that will be next to impossible to do but really try to) Something tells me you will be all nerves until you start playing and that the people will love you and you will be lost in your music in no time. Remember, even if you make a mistake, the crowd won't know it! Just keep playing and feel the music in your soul!

Sending you good vibes for a great show! I still hope to see you on the 12th at Grape Street.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  07:55:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Matt that is big jiggly tits right there. Good luck and dominate the stage. Your music is sweet, you should play Time Travel to open, great track.

Maybe in 30 years, I can have that same opportunity...I could roll Tim out in a wheel chair.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  10:28:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HRW:

/had to do it.

I don't know for sure yet if I can play Time travel on Sat. That always depends on the sound system and microphone setup. It's a b*tch when I start to play it and realize that hardly any sound is coming through the speakers. I'm putting together the set today though... I'll keep it in mind as an option.

Can you remain unmoving
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  5:47:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's cool, I didn't take all the logistics into consideration. It's just one of my faves, "4 Vampires" would be a good one too, I think. It's a shame I'm from Jersey, otherwise I'd be there for both of you guys...rock out with your cock out man.

Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  9:25:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HRW - where are you in NJ? I play some shows there (mostly around the Collingswood/Voorhees area), and in Philly (July 12 at the GSP)

Can you remain unmoving
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  10:59:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey...Someone make sure to get this man (and everyone else) a tape of his show!

--Zak
Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  01:24:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Zak, that would be sweet as hell. I don't have the means to do it myself, but it would certainly be a recording i'd hold onto forever.

Can you remain unmoving
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  07:42:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Northwest Jersey, I'll check you out next time you're in Philly fo' sho'.

Go to Top of Page

Mave Datthews
Is Anybody Here?

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  2:16:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Mave Datthews an AOL message  Reply with Quote
wow, Matt what an honor. i should add too that i listened to a bit of your stuff from your site and it's very very good; Tim's influence is strong.

Tim is my sanity.
Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  5:03:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
M.D., I'd like to let ya know that somebody hearing TR's influence in my music is one of the highest compliments I could have ever received. Thank you.

(preparing for tomorrow like there's no... uhh... nevermind)

Can you remain unmoving
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  5:15:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
PJK, you coming out tonight to the GSP?

Can you remain unmoving
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  6:15:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, gonna try to anyway, just look for the old lady, that will be me, LOL! My son might go with me,not sure yet. BTW I want a copy of your CD. I also have a cd for you, I will explain when I see you.

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  11:04:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Matt, all I can say is WHY AREN'T YOU OPENING FOR MORE TIM SHOWS!!!!!! (Tim, Fluffy,Rew, hint, hint, hint!)

That was my very first thought as you began your set. Second thought,"damn I wish Kevin, Jason, Patrick, Jeff and everyone else from the board could hear this!"

Matt's style is very much like TIM's yet he has his own techniques that make him unique. His music complements TIM's so well that he is a perfect opening act for TIM. In fact after Matt completed his set, I really felt like listening to TIM play! How I wish I had been at the Ohio show last Friday night!

I would urge everyone to buy Matts CD "A World Without Friction." The only thing wrong with the CD is that it's a CD and not a DVD, because you miss out on all the fun of watching him play!

I especially like Step Aside, Watermelon and Voices in My Head.

Matt, thanks for a really fun evening. Next TIMe I will be sure to bring a lot of people with me to hear you play! Oh and BTW, 1966, on the way home I kept thinking about that and it dawned on me it was probably the copyright date for the Beatles "Rain" that they cover on the album. When you mentioned that, it really through me for a loop! LOL Oh, and Jen, very nice meeting you too! Thanks for being so nice.

Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  1:00:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
PJK, thanks so much for coming out last night. It was a fun show even though not a lot of people were able to make it. I'm glad you like the CD. After playing the show with TR, I am inspired to write a lot mroe new material. I've still got to give the Soko cd a spin.

hope to see more of you out there next time! peace
-Matt

Can you remain unmoving
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

Mechman293
Chatterbox

129 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2005 :  11:21:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Matt just making sure on how to buy one of ya CD's. On the site it says " mwinn83_(at)_yahoo.com " is the (at) suppose to be @ or I'm just confusing myself too much and the link is right.

Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2005 :  2:18:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
the "_(at)_" is to be replaced by the "@" symbol - i changed so that page-scanning bots dont surf my site and send me junk email. it shoudl read as mwinn83

@

yahoo.com

without any spaces.

thanks!

Can you remain unmoving
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

Mechman293
Chatterbox

129 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2005 :  4:05:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
alright thx man ^_^
should get to ordering in the next day or two

Go to Top of Page