Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Tipitina's Uptown Webcast - don't forget.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  11:01:44 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ENGAGEMENT DATE: 4/14/2005
ARTIST: Tim Reynolds
VENUE: Tipitina's Uptown
501 Napoleon Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70115
PHONE: 504-891-8477
CAPACITY: 1000
TICKET PRICE: $10
DOORS: 9pm
AGES: 18+
PERF LENGTH: 1 set (90 min)
PERF. TIME: 11pm
OTHER INFO: www.tipitinas.com
OPENING ACT: Will Bradford of SeepeopleS

Friendly reminder here that tonights show will reportedly be webcast.

That's really all I know about it, wish I could tell you more.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  11:44:51 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jason, thanks so much, I didn't really know about this... I went to the Venue website, and it looks like the webcast will start at 10:00 CT. Now how far ahead of PST is that? 1 hour?

http://www.tipitinas.com/content/webcast/

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  12:29:47 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No man, I think that's two hours difference in CST and PST.

http://nist.time.gov/

That is to say, you should start paying attention at about 8pm your time. I'm guessing they'll broadcast Will also, so TIM probably won't start until about 11 cst, 9 your time.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  1:09:53 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Awesome, thanks!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  1:22:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the remeinder, I had forgotten. I have a lame (rural) dial up connection, but high hopes! Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  2:01:19 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This will be sweet. I'm on central time so I guess it'll be a late night for me.
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  2:28:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
im on EST, so Im not going to miss it. Lucky, too, cause my class in the city ends @ 9pm and I wouldnt want to miss seeing tim :)

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  10:25:32 PM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Real quick, I just tried viewing some of the archived video clips on their website but Windows Media Player wouldn't play them...got the same message when I clicked on the link for the TR show. Is this link only working once the webcast begins or do I need to do something else to watch the show...please help!

Apparently, I can connect to the audio, although right now there is nothing playing..

..I'm an impatient prick...problem solved.
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  11:15:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
will just came on.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  11:22:03 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Cool, I can see Will... Great quality so far, I hope it keeps up for Tim.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  11:26:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
qual is great, but it skips too fucking much.

PS - am I the only one that thinks this guy is anoying? I dont really like his set so far, and his voice grates.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  11:28:18 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I like Will a lot so far. I may have to get an album of his.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  11:37:32 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Or of SeepeopleS rather.
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  11:54:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I really disliked this set.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2005 :  11:57:24 PM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tell us how you really feel...
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  12:01:51 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I thought the last song was pretty good.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  12:04:25 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, I can't seem to find that bar that the host mentioned...

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  12:05:26 AM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"We got a lotta liquor back there!"
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  12:07:51 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The host is a great showman...he's doing such a good job of getting the crowd pumped up. I hope a riot doesn't break out everyone is so pumped right now.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  12:19:18 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Okay...so perfect quality audio and video throughout the opener...then Tim takes the stage and it's skipping for me like crazy.
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  12:20:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
its good for me.

Jam ->
Jemez

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  12:24:48 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hmmm, 2nd song sounds like a new tune?

My mind just blew on that solo

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  12:24:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
what song is this?

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  12:25:21 AM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
very cool...
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  12:31:32 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah its fine now, dropped to 196K for a minute though.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  12:48:37 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Okay...they need to turn the lights up.
Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  12:48:50 AM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Shit, I gotta go to sleep after this...fucking work...peace.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  12:50:25 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I have to be up at 5am...it's 11:50pm here now. I'm staying up until it's over though.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  01:56:34 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jesus Christ, was that a guitar solo at the end of "From This World" or what?

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  01:58:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
that was fucking HOT. Heres what i got from the set, Kev, if you know anything I dont, feel free

(Jam) ->
Jemez Rolling Waves
[no idea]
[no idea]
Indoctrinate
Babylon (Aphrodite's Child)
Flourescence ->
[no idea]
Don't Know What
[no idea]
Danger ->
Doom
(Jam)
Buffalo Soldier (Marley)
[no idea]
(Jam)
----electric----
[no idea] (most likely Mercury Direct)
Radar Contact
Plastic Man
Put The Gas Mask On
Snake
Face Off

----Encore----
All You Need Is Love (Beatles)
From This World (I Hear My Train Comin [Hendrix] Tease)

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  02:05:23 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I didn't recognize anything that you didn't, they must all be new songs. This has me even more pumped for the new cd(S?)

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  07:54:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Was there anyway to save this thing? I missed it, I could kill myself. If anybody has any ideas, post it up.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  08:03:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Having been asleep (or barely awake) during the webcast, reading your comments through the show was quite entertaining, although not as good as watching TIM would have been.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  09:02:36 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
wouldn't you know that my damn internet connection died yesterday so I didn't even get to watch this. I was going to record the webcast, too.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  09:09:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So much for HRW's hope...
Go to Top of Page

Kenneth
Chatterbox

218 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  09:17:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I missed it also. I'm not happy about this at all.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  09:56:40 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Check the setlist I posted for Saturday's show and you can probably get an idea on possible names for what you didn't know. Tracks look like they line up somewhat.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  09:58:28 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
By the way, Mercury Direct is an awesome song, is it not?

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  11:14:50 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The picture on mine got very dark when he switched to the 12er. I don't know if it was my comp or their setup/webcam.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  11:18:08 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Same here, I had pretty much a black screen for everything except the first few tunes. Sound was great though.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  2:30:58 PM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok, I just got back from work..just a couple comments on what I did see...

Initially, I was thinking how cool the lighting was, but it sucked once he switched from 6 to 12 (I dunno if it was the actual lights, the webcast or what). That kind of made my decision to go to sleep a little easier. From what I did see, though, Tim seemed super-focused from square one..real intense. That second song was out of control. I can't wait to hear it in Brooklyn
Go to Top of Page

GtrOpus
Is Anybody Here?

43 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  3:35:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim asked to have the lights turned down that low (from about the 5th tune in the set). You could barely see TR on the tv's in the club it was so dark.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  4:45:45 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I guess that makes sense, I know Tim hates to be eye-balled by bright lights on stage... that's why he usually wears sunglasses while he performs.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  5:04:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GtrOpus

Tim asked to have the lights turned down that low (from about the 5th tune in the set). You could barely see TR on the tv's in the club it was so dark.

I misunderstood him then when i was listening to the show. I couldve sworn he said get the lights up.

Oh well. But hey, i was listening to the show, not watching it, if you get my meaning.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  5:44:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to remember exactly which title goes to which song, but I believe the second song he played was called Shade, and the third Vantage Point. And I think the song before Danger was Uncle Chair... but my memory sucks so who knows.

And thanks for the heads up Jason, I never would have seen that otherwise!

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  6:22:33 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just think it's really cool that the "star of the show" wants the lights turned down so you can't even see him. He's a really amazing artist for more reasons than just his guitar playing.
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  6:29:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Silky The Pimp

I'm trying to remember exactly which title goes to which song, but I believe the second song he played was called Shade, and the third Vantage Point. And I think the song before Danger was Uncle Chair... but my memory sucks so who knows.

And thanks for the heads up Jason, I never would have seen that otherwise!

Yeah, cheers Jason, I wouldnt have known either.

To echo Kevin, hearing new acoustic stuffs makes me excited about tims new acoustic album, post Parallel. Maybe thats the one where we finaly get a recorded version of DOOM

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  11:47:05 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Erich if you'd got on AIM the other night, you'd have gotten a copy of the new stuff to know what it's called. But now... you have to wait.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2005 :  07:09:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Erich wrote:
quote:
that was fucking HOT. Heres what i got from the set, Kev, if you know anything I dont, feel free

(Jam) ->
Jemez Rolling Waves
[no idea]
[no idea]
Indoctrinate
Babylon (Aphrodite's Child)
Flourescence ->
[no idea]
Don't Know What
[no idea]
Danger ->
Doom
(Jam)
Buffalo Soldier (Marley)
[no idea]
(Jam)
----electric----
[no idea] (most likely Mercury Direct)
Radar Contact
Plastic Man
Put The Gas Mask On
Snake
Face Off

----Encore----
All You Need Is Love (Beatles)
From This World (I Hear My Train Comin [Hendrix] Tease)

SEE link below for setlist:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5825

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  1:29:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
anyone capture this?

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000