Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 My 10,000th post (Exciting TouR Dates News)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  2:51:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well I always hoped that my 10,000 post would be something at least semi-special. First let me say THANX to all the folks around here who make this a fun place to post and discuss topics of all sorts. Thanx for all the support and interest that you all show in TR and for making it a wonderful community to be a part of. All hail the TR Task Force!

So the exciting news is this. TR is finally doing a DC gig. We have played in and around DC but never actually in DC proper. I always hoped it would be 9:30 Club since I absolutely love that place but I never imagined it would be where we are actually playing. TR is making a 3 nite stand in Washington DC at Blues Alley. For those who don't know it's history or reputation, it is one of the premiere Jazz niteclubs in America. The likes of Dizzy Gillespie, Wynton Marsalis, Ahmad Jamal, Ramsey Lewis, Stanley Turrentine have all released LIVE albums from this venue. I personally have seen many shows there from my many years of working in G-town. Every year I would attend their X-mas Party and they have some of the most amazing food I have ever eaten. The room is fantastic. Super-small and intimate. Fantastic place to see a SOLO ACOUSTIC TR show. The most amazing show I saw there was Tony Williams and I was sitting so close to him that I could have reached out and touched his leg while he was playing drums. I was also at one of the shows that eventually became part of Wynton Marsalis' 2 record set, Live @ Blues Alley. For me it is very exciting that TR has the opportunity to play this legendary room and not only 1, but 6, countem 6 shows. If you ever thought about traveling to see TR I would say this is the place worth traveling for. You are almost guaranteed a respectful crowd. After all it's a sit-down, jazz, dinner theater. And did I mention the food? Ohhh, to die for. Just have a look at their website and check out the current line-up of acts coming. Here is a blurb from their website about their history:
quote:
Founded in 1965, Blues Alley is the nation's oldest continuing jazz supper club, having showcased internationally renowned concert hall artists such as Dizzy Gillespie, Sarah Vaughan, Nancy Wilson, Grover Washington Jr., Ramsey Lewis, Charlie Byrd, Maynard Ferguson and Eva Cassidy in a small intimate setting.

Located in the heart of historic Georgetown in an 18th century red brick carriage house, Blues Alley offers its patrons a unique ambiance, reminiscent of the jazz clubs of the 1920's and 30's.

Open seven days a week, Blues Alley specializes in authentic Creole cuisine, steak and seafood dishes (Dinner served from 6:00 pm). Blues Alley has designed several discounted packages available to groups of twelve or more, and can accommodate up to one hundred and twenty five for dinner and show.

So if you can make it, I highly recommend checking out these shows. They are on a weekend which should help folks thinking about doing it from out of town. I know we have always talked about TR Task Force concert, well maybe this could be it. Certainly the perfect enviroment for TRue TR fans to see him perform and with 6 shows you can knock out alot of TR in a short amount of TIMe. As I mentioned before it's 3 nites, 2 seperate shows each nite. Here are the details:

DATE: 06/29/07 Friday(2 seperate shows)
VENUE: Blues Alley
ADDRESS: 1073 Wisconsin Ave
CITY, STATE, ZIP: Washington, DC 20007
VENUE PHONE: (202) 337-4141
CAPACITY: 125
TICKET PRICE: $25 each show
AGES:
DOORS:
PERF LENGTH: 75 min each
PERF TIME: 8 PM(early show)& 10 PM(late show)
OTHER ACTS:

DATE: 06/30/07 Saturday(2 seperate shows)
AGES:
DOORS:
OTHER ACTS:

DATE: 07/01/07 Sunday(2 seperate shows)
AGES:
DOORS:
OTHER ACTS:

I am told that this will be part of a run of dates that Blue Mt Artists are working on that will hook up with the other July shows I have already announced. Those are as follows:

DATE: 07/03/07 Tuesday
VENUE: Ashland Coffee & Tea
ADDRESS: 100 N. Railroad Ave
CITY, STATE, ZIP: Ashland, VA 23005
VENUE PHONE: (804) 798-1702
CAPACITY: 115
TICKET PRICE: $25 adv
AGES: ALL AGES
DOORS: NA
PERF LENGTH: 90 min
PERF TIME: 9 PM
OTHER ACTS:

DATE: 07/05/07 Thursday
VENUE: Sully's Pub
ADDRESS: 2071 Park St
CITY, STATE, ZIP: Hartford, CT 06106
VENUE PHONE: (860) 231-8881
CAPACITY: 150
TICKET PRICE: $20
AGES:
DOORS:
PERF TIME:
OTHER ACTS:

DATE: 07-06-07 Friday
VENUE: Canal Room
ADDRESS: 285 West Broadway
CITY, STATE, ZIP: New York, NY 10013
VENUE PHONE: (212) 941-8100
CAPACITY: 450
TICKET PRICE: $18 adv / $20 d.o.s.
AGES: 21+
DOORS:
PERF TIME: 8 PM (EARLY SHOW)
OTHER ACTS:

DATE: 07/07/07 Saturday
VENUE: KClinger's Tavern (Summer Boogaloo)
ADDRESS: 304 Poplar St.
CITY, STATE, ZIP: Hanover, PA 17331
VENUE PHONE: (717) 633-9197
CAPACITY:
TICKET PRICE:
AGES:
DOORS:
PERF TIME:
OTHER ACTS:

Keep watching for more dates to be added. Once again, THANX to all who visit our board and keep it such a wonderful community to be a part of! PEACE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  3:10:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AAAARRRRGH!

So frusturating! I live about 2 miles from this venue. Unfortunately (otherwise it would be fortunate) I am moving to Austin, TX in June.

So...I won't be able to see Tim in DC.

Oh, woe is me...
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  3:26:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow 10,000 holy cow! D.C. is only 3 hours from Jersey....hmmm
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  5:51:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tony Williams is fucking great.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  6:09:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't make it but Congrats on your 10,000th post. You have really given us a lot to enjoy over the years! Thanks for the memories!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  6:39:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PJK

Can't make it but Congrats on your 10,000th post. You have really given us a lot to enjoy over the years! Thanks for the memories!

Ditto!

Without you Fluffy, I don't think our little subculture would flourish as much as it does.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

sciphish
Chatterbox

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  1:25:55 PM  Show Profile  Send sciphish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good job on the 10,000. But I can't see Tim till he's in Boston!
And although I'll see him tomorrow, it's really not the same...

Here's to 10,000 more!

I'm almost there...
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  2:04:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, actually, I might be able to catch one of those on my way home from North Carolina. Do you think they will sell out quickly? I am not sure when I will be finalizing my plans. Not sure I could make July first as I hope I will be working on the second, but the 29th or 30th might work for me.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

greppson
Is Anybody Here?

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2007 :  3:32:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy get us a Burlington, VT show this summer! We haven't had him here for years! Last time he played was at the old Higher Ground and Trey sat in.

Jason
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2007 :  5:37:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes, it has been a while and we miss Burlington and the flying monkeys. I have been told that Higher Ground is now actually in Burlington and not Winooski. Hope we make it back soon. With shows coming up in DC, NYC, and PA looks like July will be east coast and hopefully that run will take us up to Boston and VT since we haven't been there in a while. You should email TR's booking agent and suggest your area so it doesn't get overlooked. Hope to make it back to Burlington very soon. I miss the flying monkeys so much!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2007 :  12:14:43 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow, 10,000 posts, and some really exciting news! That is awesome Fluffy, I know how much you've been wanting Tim to play in your town, and what a better way that a whole stand. I hope it is something that all of the East coast fans can attend.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2007 :  06:16:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gnome44

AAAARRRRGH!

So frusturating! I live about 2 miles from this venue. Unfortunately (otherwise it would be fortunate) I am moving to Austin, TX in June.
Oh, woe is me...

Maybe JetBlue will start flying to DC before then? Right now I know they fly from Austin to NYC and Boston...

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

tbjinv
Is Anybody Here?

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2007 :  1:13:21 PM  Show Profile  Send tbjinv an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I believe Jet Blue will fly there but you have to hub through New York.

Take a sack lunch and water for the wait in the plane. HaHa!

Hi Sis

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2007 :  5:00:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went out on a limb and booked a hotel room just down the street for Sat night. Hope to catch both shows, Sat.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  5:28:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If you are planning on having dinner at the venue after my high kudo's for the food, please check out the menu as I think it is different for the early & late show. If you are trying to have dinner I think you need to come to the early show. Just so ya know.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  2:11:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So who's gonna be there? I have tickets to both Saturday shows and both Sunday shows.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  3:18:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not me, I canceled my room. It was becoming more of a hassle than it was worth. I have to be in North Carolina the week before and found out I have to drive back home on Friday the 29th. It's all good. I have a wedding and classes to pay for so I shouldn't be spending money on long distant shows anyway.

For all who are going, enjoy the show(s) and write reviews!

Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  7:55:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I plan on being at at least one of the Sunday shows.

"Do you have the patience to wait
till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
till the right action arises by itself?"
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  07:02:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Where were you Matt? You missed some absolutely AMAZING shows. See my review in the "Show Reviews" section or just ask Patrick(dirtysloth).

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2007 :  12:49:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll bookmark you!

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000