TR3 video footage from July 1988!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KHowland1964
Is Anybody Here?

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  11:58:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit KHowland1964's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone, Just thought I'd drop a note to let you all know that I have posted a video of Tim with TR3 from July of 1988. I actually mixed one of the first TR3 records and am/was a huge fan of Tim's....I have gone on to play guitar with the band Chicago and Tim was a big influence on me. Anyway, this was a smokin' performance of "Don't Take It Away" and "I've Been Meaning To Tell You".....if you got em smoke em and check it out! www.myspace.com/keithhowlandmusic

Keith

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2007 :  04:09:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Keith, thanx for posting that and welcome aBOARD!! TR has mentioned his connection to you on a number of occasions. Usually anyTIMe I mention how much I like Chicago. Hope to check you out someTIMe with the band. Thanx for dropping by and hope you stick around. Look forward to meeting some day in the not too distant future. Always good to see another of TR's students make good or in this case GREAT!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

KHowland1964
Is Anybody Here?

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2007 :  08:32:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit KHowland1964's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cool....thanks. Tim really opened my ears back then to what was possible with the guitar....although usually I had no idea what he was doing or how he was doing it! Between TR3 and the Richmond/Charlottesville based band "Secrets" which featured Carter Beauford and Butch Taylor (DMB), Dane Bryant, the amazing Keith Horne, and sax player Steve Wilson, I was never at a loss to be inspired in the local Virginia scene. Some of the gigs I saw at the C & O in Harrisonburg, Va with TR3 (Tim, Robert Jospe, Ron) were some of the most incredible musical experiences I've ever encountered. Other worldly at times....oops sorry, TIMes! I think I have a pretty rough quality video of one of those nights, maybe I'll see if I can dig it up. See ya....

Keith
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2007 :  08:52:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AMAZING video!! Thanks a lot for this!!

Other than the pretty crazy clothes (that should Tim's uniform when he performs) I just have to make a comment about the hair.

Is that a perm or did his hair used to be naturally extremely curly??

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2007 :  1:24:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here is Keith's myspace page link again:

http://www.myspace.com/keithhowlandmusic

Check out the track "Friday the 13th", I really enjoyed that one. "As Good As It Gets" and "Thinking of You" are pretty good as well, but I think he really shines as a lead guitar player on Friday the 13th. Here is the blurb from his blog about TR which I found quite amusing as I have heard so many guitar players say similar things about TR.
quote:
TR3....men in shorts....an inspiration....a video

Hey all, I've just posted a video (that I shot) of a band that was a HUGE influence on me back in my college days. The band is called TR3 and the TR is a guy named Tim Reynolds from Charlottesville, Va. My first encounter with Tim was at a club called The Mystic Den in Harrionburg, Va when I was called to run sound for a band called TR3. I showed up and the drummer (Robert Jospe) was setting up his drums and the guitarist had already come and gone, leaving only a small Yamaha amp and a couple of pedals behind. I asked the drummer "How is your guitar player?" as I was considered one of the better players in the area and had a little "big fish" syndrome going on. He replied "Oh, he's one of the best from Charlottesville for sure." I thought to myself "Well how good can he be with this gear?"....well, I had my mind blown that night and was having a hard time concentrating on mixing the band! Tim now does the duo thing with Dave Matthews and is still kicking....check out the video and enjoy!

Click on the "VIDEOS" link below Keith's picture to check out the TR3 video. ENJOY!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2007 :  1:43:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KHowland1964

Cool....thanks. Tim really opened my ears back then to what was possible with the guitar....although usually I had no idea what he was doing or how he was doing it! Between TR3 and the Richmond/Charlottesville based band "Secrets" which featured Carter Beauford and Butch Taylor (DMB), Dane Bryant, the amazing Keith Horne, and sax player Steve Wilson, I was never at a loss to be inspired in the local Virginia scene. Some of the gigs I saw at the C & O in Harrisonburg, Va with TR3 (Tim, Robert Jospe, Ron) were some of the most incredible musical experiences I've ever encountered. Other worldly at times....oops sorry, TIMes! I think I have a pretty rough quality video of one of those nights, maybe I'll see if I can dig it up. See ya....

TR speaks of those daze in C-ville much the same way as you, loads of talented musicians, lots of inspiration and alot of fun. Still never heard Secrets but I hope one day to uncover some Secrets recordings. Of course I have heard alot about them from TR but as yet have not heard a recording. I am sure they must exist. I am hoping that Robert Jospe will uncover some more recordings from those days. Well see, I keep my fingers crossed. Wonderful to have you here Keith. Ironically, we recently had another of TR's students posting on the board, here is a link to that thread if you want to check it out:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7982

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2007 :  4:55:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dorky question: Was this recoreded before Tim's vocal cord injury? His voice sounds different, but I suppose it could just be youth...

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2007 :  6:01:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gnome44

Is that a perm or did his hair used to be naturally extremely curly??

Good question! That's what I thought when I was watching it. He has the hair of a cherub in that video. Man, though, what fantastic guitar playing. I would love to have that kind of jazzy TR3 reemerge. Hell, I want to see any kind of TR3 I can.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2007 :  6:34:38 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

Dorky question: Was this recoreded before Tim's vocal cord injury? His voice sounds different, but I suppose it could just be youth...

I wondered the same thing, but I'm pretty sure the injury was a while before '88.
Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  2:10:51 PM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Kewlest post ever.
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  02:36:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I wish I could see that video.

Another thing is puzzling me . . . TR students? Did Tim used to teach? And if so, what? And, why the hell haven't I heard about this?

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  02:00:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranting Thespian

I wish I could see that video.

Another thing is puzzling me . . . TR students? Did Tim used to teach? And if so, what? And, why the hell haven't I heard about this?

check it out:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=453

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000