Show Reviews
 12/08/07 Chameleon Club Lancaster, PA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  1:53:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
8 of us set off on a magiacal journey 2 hours away in a rented minivan to see Tim Reynolds. What an amazing night. I will reiterate that I am terrible reviewer, so I will try my best....

AWESOME!

Tim played his heart out to a filled Chameleon Club in Lancaster, PA. The crowd was delightful and I finally saw the "Radio City Effect". Everyone was really respectful and gracious to see the guitar God.

Tim started out with slight feedback and used that to make some crazy space noise that really captured the crowd from the very fiorst insant. Just another display of the power of Tim's improvisational skills. Using any circumstance to make something beautiful.

I didn't get a set list, but hopefully someone can help on that. Every song was amazing, especially "In My Dreams" which may not even be near what it's called. I heard it in Trenton, it is a new song, and it is great. Simple, yet profoundly amazing.

Indoctrinate was one of the coolest I have ever seen. Tim let it all go and ripped it up on that track. People were loving it.

I asked Tim before hand to play "Hotel Vast Horizon" and I'm not sure if he planned it already, but when he went into that track it choked me up yet again. For me as such a die hard Whitley fan it is really something else. To see Tim, someone I respect so much play a nother guy's song who I respect so much is really a treat. And even though I'm a terrible reviewer, there realy aren't any words I could describe to someone about Tim's version of a song by someone I love so much.

Tim played a great Zeppelin medley which rocked the place and then finished with "Hold on I'm Coming".

What a great night. We all had a blast, downed some sushi (even though they forgot my order) and watched the most amazing guitar player alive today.

Thanks Fluffy and Tim for a memorable one. Til next time...

And now for the photos...I hope this doesn't clog up the page...

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  3:03:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Great photos, Davis. Almost makes it worth having brought you. AHAHA

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  3:07:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, AMAZING photos!
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  3:40:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Amazing people generate amazing photo opportunities. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  4:53:37 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
WOWWOWOWOWOWOW! Very cool photos. Thanks so much for sharing. Looks cold. I especially like the overhead shots. Taken from Tim's UFO perhaps? Was there a scafold or something they let you on?

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  5:48:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the club has an upper deck that looks down to the floor below...
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  5:51:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
not that hard to take blurry photos. and you find a filter you really like huh dave?

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  8:57:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All you need is 7 megapixels and charged batteries. I always up the contrast on my photos. I think it looks cool. ALways makes the dark darker....
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  9:21:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jsemon2

not that hard to take blurry photos. and you find a filter you really like huh dave?

Someone's jealous...
Go to Top of Page

gtrgod
Is Anybody Here?

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2007 :  10:51:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim and Fluffy, please, please come to the Chameleon again. I was there for about 1/2 the show but had to leave because of an emergency at home. It was friggin amazing. First time seeing Timmy live. So awesome. I hope you guys liked your visit to LannnCASter, Pennsylvaaania.
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2007 :  11:14:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey man, just so you know, people here can get pretty crazy when you say "Timmy"...

"Tim", "TR", and "The Man" are all reasonable alternatives.
Go to Top of Page

gtrgod
Is Anybody Here?

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2007 :  11:24:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I'm a girl - does that help? I will keep that in mind - thx for the tip
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2007 :  11:47:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only thing that would change is that my message would have started differently.

Regardless, welcome to the Boards...
Go to Top of Page

ImLost@Sea
Is Anybody Here?

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  11:59:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit ImLost@Sea's Homepage  Send ImLost@Sea an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm the guy leaning on the stage next to the dude in the black hat. Great show, Tim was on point and played a great set. The crowd was into it and respectful, thankfully. Cheers!

Indoctrinate the stream of radar contact around the kundalini bonfire, and then they were free.
Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2007 :  2:20:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I love the photos! Wish I could have been there! Last year's Chameleon show was one of the best nights of my life. Sounds like you all had a blast too.

"Do you have the patience to wait
till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
till the right action arises by itself?"
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2007 :  11:33:41 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nice pictures! I'm tempted to make one my wallpaper.
Go to Top of Page

Batstone
Chatterbox

Canada
281 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  4:03:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Batstone's Homepage  Send Batstone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah.. anyway to post higher resolution photos?

www.myspace.com/adambatstone
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2007 :  11:41:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sure which ones?
Go to Top of Page

Batstone
Chatterbox

Canada
281 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2007 :  2:55:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Batstone's Homepage  Send Batstone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
the first one... and the one where its overhead.. theres a guitar behind him and the playing one singing in the mic

www.myspace.com/adambatstone
Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2007 :  12:15:23 PM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That "Chameleon" neon is awesome.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000