Show Reviews
 01/19/08 Satellite Ballroom C-ville, VA TR3
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2008 :  10:32:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This was one of the most amazing TR performances I have ever seen. I am at work but I iwll be writing my review with photos tonight. I was going to yesterday but the board was down. one thing I will say in the meantime...DROP WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING AND GO SEE TR3!!!!!!!!

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2008 :  12:16:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dave!!!! I was so bummed last night thinking it was only my computer that couldn't access the board. Then I thought maybe Fluffy was doing work, putting up set lists/reviewing the shows or whatever. When I got on this morning, I was so disappointed that there was nothing added about the shows. Your review and pictures will be very much appreciated and well worth the wait.

I have been watching the youtube shows over and over and can not wait to see them in March. Will you be there too? I would love to be at the Knitting factory show, but I won't be able to make that one.

Again, Thanks Dave!!!!! I owe you a beer!
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2008 :  1:14:57 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Can't wait!!!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  6:15:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So we drove 6 hours down to Charlottesville, VA to check out TR3 and Andy Waldeck & the C-Villians who were playing 1 minute walking within each other. Andy'sguitarist is Joe Lawlor who is a friend of Tim's and works for the Dave Matthews Band. Andy's band was amazing to say the least, go see them live to know what I mean!

I snuck backstage to say hello to Tim and his band and got a warm welcome from Fluffy, Tim, Dan Martier on drums and Mick Vaughn, who actually knew my name already! I was thrilled so I left the guys alone and set off into the crowd.

The show began and right away my ears were filled with nostalgia. Jared probably has the setlist written down, he's better at reviews anyway.

The TR3 version of Indoctrinate was incredible. The crowd was pumped and Tim went right into playing some insane riffs. They also covered the Doobie Brothers classic, "Jesus is Just Alright".

I have never seen some of the things Tim was playing before, it was a real pleasure. The outstanding riffs where like gold and the fluent nature of the music was beyond anything I have heard in a band in a long long time. Mick and Dan where incredible. They are real pros and they showcased their great talents off as well. It is hard to sum up this in words because it was quite an experience. I can't wait for NYC.

I will mention that for the first time as far as I know Dave Matthews wa sthere. h was standing in the middle of the room and no one noticed he was there, which was amusing. I went up to him and said, "your secret is safe with me". Dave was loving Tim's set, I don't think he's been able to see Tim play in a while. He seemed really extatic, as was most of the people in the crowded room.

Anyway, we went backstage again to say hi to Fluffy and Dave came back, we hung out for a bit and ended up leaving shortly before they finished. We had an amazing time and thanks for Tim Fluffy Dan and Mick for one hell of a show. I cannot wait to get some sort of recording. Video and Audio was recorded from that night, hopefully it'll turn up soon.

LONG LIVE TR3!

DM, Jess and I

Jess, Fluffy (with apparent magical wrist powers) and me.

Beautiful drive home the next day...
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  9:20:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You lucky piece of shit .

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  11:02:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I really don't think calling Mr. Cahill a 'piece of shit' even with a 'smiley face' is necessary.

Fuckhead.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  11:20:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Haha
What about a chunk of hash?
Go to Top of Page

Ranting Thespian
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  8:06:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Ranting Thespian an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I would have gone up to Dave and said, "Damn, this is awesome! Finally he's gotten some sense, and dropped that Dave Matthews fucker for once. Man I hate them! Crash Into Me, my ass!"

It is so kewl that he was able to go, and no one payed attention. I'm sure he loved that. I bet it made him remember his bartender days with TR3 playing at Millers.

Not communicating can hurt more than any word that can be said -

Nick
-the Ranting Thespian
Go to Top of Page

Penguins66
Is Anybody Here?

20 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  11:57:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Penguins66 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
First TIMe that I have seen TR3, third TIMe seeing Tim this year. I was blown away with this show. You can't really compare TR3 to solo Tim; they are both so amazing in their respective ways. I was up really close so it was great. GO SEE THEM!
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  7:34:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's video I shot of them opening with "Indoctrinate", enjoy this magic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW2ZLiypBKM
Go to Top of Page

gnome44
Yak Addict

749 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  9:52:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a great version! And you gotta love the Strat.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  9:53:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
It is so kewl that he was able to go, and no one payed attention. I'm sure he loved that. I bet it made him remember his bartender days with TR3 playing at Millers.
For the last 20 mins of the set he stood backstage and watched in complete ahhh. He kept saying things like "Tim's the MAN!" and he was definitely remembering his early daze seeing TR as he relayed little snippets of his memories of the old TR3. Quite exciting to see Dave being able to appreciate TRocking out. It was a great show and it was recorded so it will be out there at some point. The setlist looked like this:

Indoctriate
Kabbalah
Jesus(DOOBIE BROS)
See You In My Dreams
Uncover The Reason
Do You Wanna
Move On Ahead
CaveMan
Skeleton Walls
Backdoor
Souls
Industrial
Donkey Bong
Sex Machine(JAMES BROWN)
Purple Rain(PRINCE)
Hocus Pocus(FOCUS)
Trippin On You
Whole Lotta Love(LED ZEP)
Don't Know What
Slippin Into Darkness(WAR)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2008 :  05:58:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here is a fun one from one of the DMBoards:

http://antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=211643

Rubylith, you may want to chime in on this one. Nicely of course, but you were there, you can shed some lite on the evening. THANX

AND just found this over in the taping and trading section:

http://www.archive.org/details/tr32008-01-19.akg-c480b.tetzeli.xxxxx.sbefail.flac16

Thanx to Kev for bringing it to my attention and THANX to Bill for recording!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2008 :  6:19:10 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

Here is a fun one from one of the DMBoards:

http://antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=211643

Rubylith, you may want to chime in on this one. Nicely of course, but you were there, you can shed some lite on the evening. THANX

AND just found this over in the taping and trading section:

http://www.archive.org/details/tr32008-01-19.akg-c480b.tetzeli.xxxxx.sbefail.flac16

Thanx to Kev for bringing it to my attention and THANX to Bill for recording!

Yeah Dave, I hope you don't mind I posted the pic of you and Jess and Dave Matthews in there to prove that Dave actually showed up at a TR gig. Since that is always a rumor of something that will happen I figured it would make them all cream in their jeans.
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2008 :  10:38:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No problemo!
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2008 :  1:21:04 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, Mr Cahill it looks like you might win the award for the coolest review ever. I'd love to one day see Tim in C'ville. Maybe next time that SOKO opens, that would be amazing.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000