New list of live only songs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2002 :  1:44:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I remember tim telling me that he could spend the next 4 years just recording stuff hes already written (probably an askewed paraphrase, but pretty close im sure). Of the stuff he hasnt recorded, this is what I can remember...

DOOM
Drunk Roadrunner
"New G"
"New D"
Tree Of Life
Continue

Danger Will Robbinson
Turtle Balls
Bass Sample
Conga Sample
Jungular Joint Sample
Duck Demands or Die (Quack fucking Quack)

Pathetic
Transportables
FACEOFF
(is Tribulation on an alblum or no? I cant find it...)

Im sure there are hundreds of others, but this is all ive heard thus far. any add ons, take offs?

and Fluffy - any new goodies to expect for the next leg?

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
ChaosView, the new Tim Reynolds tour archive

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2002 :  06:12:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry I can't be more help on this one Erich. I think this is question for TR himself. I know this may sound very bizarre to alot of you, BUT I can hum almost all of TR's entire catalog. I know the songs inside and out from hearing them nite after nite, tour after tour. With that said, I am so bad with the names of his songs. Rew and I used to have a joke that we still use today and that is "Hopeful Heresy". Let me explain, on one of the past SIYS tours Rew and I were always trying to figure out where TR was in the set at any given TIMe Rew would ask me or I would ask Rew what song he was playing and inevitable we would answer "Hopeful Heresy". Then he would start another song and we would turn to each other and say, "No, this is Hopeful Heresy". Then it got to be a joke, no matter what TR was playing, it was called "Hopeful Heresy". Rew and I still make jokes to one another saying either this song or that song is Hopeful Heresy because as familiar with the songs as we are, neither one of us know the right names for the right songs. I know a few when I hear them but it is only like 10 or so. Ones I know for sure are: Stream(obviously), Kundalini Bonfire, ChaosView, Face-Off, Backdoor(and any others with vocals are pretty EZ)and a few others. Sorry I couldn't be more help on this one, but it would be a good question for TR. Keep in mind, even though he has not put alot of them on official CD's, alot of them have shows recorded with these songs so everyone can hear them even if they didn't get to the shows. It would just take a little research on the setlist page and then the Taping and trading page. If I can be of any help beyond this LMK.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2002 :  06:16:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As evidenced by this old post from the email list, some songs of TR's start out with one name and morph into a different title.

Flourescence (formerly Valley of Flowers)
Entity (formerly Hand of an Angel on My Shoulder)
And Then They Were Free
Long Distance Caller
Feeling Doors
Stranger In A Strained Land
Decline In Reason
As Far As You Can See
Los Alamos Is Burning
Analyze (formerly Zero Point Radiation)
High In the West (formerly Heaven Is In the Heart)
Dissadent
Do It Yourself
No Other Words
Something Nasty
Try A Little Harder (read with English accent)
Repeat the Question

It is possible that some of the ones you have listed have appeared under different names or have morphed into a different song as TR worked on it more and more. Again, this would be a question for TR. When we get out on the second leg of the tour I will try and have him look at the list above and see what he can tell us about them. Of course that will be dependant on free TIMe available, which as we found on the last run of shows was very few and far between.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2002 :  4:39:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
DOOM:This was a seedling idea TR was working on on the 12 string and got shifted to the Baritone on that acoustic tour. Not on a CD

Drunk Roadrunner:Same chords as DOOM so kind of a variation of DOOM, TR always hoped to finally work on it and make it one cohesive song but as yet has not. Not on a CD.

"New G"
"New D":These were seedling ideas he was working on but as yet has not worked them into a final product. Hence, the no name.

Tree Of Life:This is a song that TR performed 10 or more years ago and doesn't recall performing it recently but stated that "Anybody Out There" grew out of the intro to Tree of Life, so he may have jammed on the groove somewhere or another and just forgotten about it.

Continue:Was, as TR calls it, an Uncle Bill kinda acoustic song.

Danger Will Robinson:This one TR has not recorded, he was still working it out on that tour and still thinks if he works on it somemore he can redo it way better.

Turtle Balls:Was basically a name TR gave for a program on the drum machine that he liked to jam to. So he says that was more of a jam than a finished song.

Bass Sample
Conga Sample
Jungular Joint Sample:Same goes for these last three, they are not actully song titles but names for drum programs that TR was working out to onstage. None have turned into anything yet. By this point in the conversation, TR laughed and joked that he needed 2 lifetimes to get all his music together. He had forgotten about alot of these unfinished works as he has moved on to the ChaosView material. He hopes to one day get back to some of these.

Duck Demands or Die (Quack fucking Quack)Again, this was a drum and bass sample that he like to jam on. Nothing has come of it yet either.

Pathetic
Transportables
FACEOFF:These last 3 are all new for the ChaosView tour. They have been formulated since the recording at The Fox that became ChaosView. Something to remember is how early that CD was recorded in this phase of TR's current direction. You will most likely see them in the future.

As for new stuff you can expect from the 2nd leg, TR says he has been hard at work programming and some of the highlights include:

Uncover the Reason, which is a reworked version of a song from the very first, self-titled, TR3 cassette release with the red and white cover. He said this one was very hard to program as the song has many shifts in time which makes it a particularly hard one to program. He managed to trick the drum machine somehow and has accomplished it and is very excited about it.

My Shadow from Sanctuary

...and some new kewl beats from the Electribe that he will be experimenting with. He also has reworked some of the drum programs in his TIMe off to facilitate more jamming. The song where he would do the feedback solo, he told me he added more drums(double bass, kinda Billy Cobham stuff as he described it)to this song because he found he enjoyed doing the solo in that song so much he wanted to extend it so he had more room to stretch out in that part. Sounds kewl, can't wait.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2002 :  8:14:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
fucking awsome fluffy, many thanks. I really hoped to see this next tour, but its looking kind of grim... Just tell Mase that he better video record it the way he said he wanted to so that i can see what i missed. and i was looking forward to that haloween gig

~pw'oikr

...Thoughts of love and babies and comfortable slippers on autumn nights...

And the further I get from the things that I care about
The less I care about how much further away I get
~Robert Smith
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2002 :  3:28:33 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Uncover the Reason, which is a reworked version of a song from the very first, self-titled, TR3 cassette release with the red and white cover. He said this one was very hard to program as the song has many shifts in time which makes it a particularly hard one to program. He managed to trick the drum machine somehow and has accomplished it and is very excited about it.

Awesome, I had to go back and listen to that tape to remember which song that was. Can't wait to hear what is sounds like almost 15 years later.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2002 :  3:43:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
that old TR3 show from 88 has Time To Go and Tribulation on it, and he played them at the shows i went to a good deal. they sounded GREAT, and thats almost 14 and a half years later!

~pw'oikr

...Thoughts of love and babies and comfortable slippers on autumn nights...

And the further I get from the things that I care about
The less I care about how much further away I get
~Robert Smith
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000