The Warm FUZZYS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2002 :  9:48:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
With all that has been said about members of nancies.org I think we all need a little of the WARM FUZZYS. Unfortunately, all I see are the posts people link on this board which are always bad. I took the TIMe to investigate and alot of people over there seem to have their shit together with regard to TR. I think we have all gone along way to spreading that knowledge and I hope we can continue to do that. With my cursury scan of their message board I found many positive topics about TR that far outweigh the few negative. I thought I would share them with you in hopes of mending any rifts or ill feelings that some may hold toward them. They are music fans after all and we need to all get along.

Here is the funniest one I read:
quote:
Not Really
by Eric Gardner on 2:14 AM 11-10-02
Tim's an amazing player, but he is way out there. If you have ever been to a Tim Reynolds solo show, you know what i'm talking about. He is basically a stoned brit who can play some amazing guitar, but has some wierd ideas. By the way, I hated how all the dave fans just kept shouting for him to play "stream" he has tallent that stretches far beyond that, it just doesn't fit too well with DMB.

Peace,

EG

http://nancies.org/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86816&highlight=reynolds

"He is basically a stoned brit who can play some awesome guitar!"

This quote really cracked me up and reminded me how little alot of the rest of the world really knows of our TR.

The others listed below are very short threads and definitely worth a read. Most all of these are very positive in their own very naive ways. Most talk about wanting to check out TR even though they have heard he can be bizarre. One guy even says he heard the shows suck but he wants to see for himself. I think that should be commended. That is all we ask, that people give TR a chance. It seems to me for the few people who may not like TR without Dave over there, there are far more who are supportive and even go as far as to say they might not like it but they support TR for doing what he wants. All I am asking is that we remember that a few bad apples don't represent the entire nancies.org board or ALL DMB fans.

http://nancies.org/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95329&highlight=reynolds

http://nancies.org/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95150&highlight=reynolds

http://nancies.org/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92505&highlight=reynolds

http://nancies.org/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94744&highlight=reynolds

http://nancies.org/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94587&highlight=reynolds

http://nancies.org/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88766&highlight=reynolds

PS: I even posted on a couple over there asking for TR suggestions.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2002 :  04:43:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TTT

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2002 :  1:37:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ugh........too much information.......class in 20 minutes.....must read later.....no TIMe for complete sentences....

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2002 :  2:23:01 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah, I didn't read any of that yet either. But I probably will this afternoon, so I'll chime in at that time. But I don't post at nancies...I think I might have a login, tho...who knows?

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2002 :  9:07:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to disappoint you but I would need a few good stiff drinks before I could go over there, and right now I am trying to be good and not consume unwanted calories. I guess I could have a "liguid dinner"....on second thought, no!

The only time I can go over there is when they are touring and then I am only interested in reviews of the shows.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2002 :  9:25:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i looked at them, and i posted on a few of them already as my alterego wootenbass(could ya guess?). by the way, there's a local guitarist named fuzzy, and occasionally i get fluffy and fuzzy mixed up. that just reminded me looking at this topic...

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2002 :  12:33:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ah, Fluffy. Always the peace maker!

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2002 :  03:16:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think you all will be pleasantly surprised when you take the TIMe to read them. Most of them are short and none of them has anything nasty to say. Alot of back and forth that leads to positive outcomes was my take on them. Give them a shot. It took me less than 15 mins to find and read all the ones I listed. As I stated before, almost all the ones I listed are less than a page and some are only a couple of posts tops. I think at least 1, maybe 2 are show reviews.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2002 :  05:39:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My dear sweet puppy woke me up before my alarm rang once again.....grrrrrr....so I went on line because it was no use going back to bed. I decided to "trust" Fluffy and read these posts from the nancies site and low and behold going over there was painless, hehehehe.

Thanks, Fluffy, there were some nice things to say, and yes, VWF, I did figure out that WB was you. hehehehe very kewl!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2002 :  07:29:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tericee wrote:
quote:
Ah, Fluffy. Always the peace maker!

Just call me MENTOS!!!

OH WAIT, thats the FRESHMAKER! NEVERMIND

(waves his hand)"These are not the droids you are looking for."

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2002 :  5:10:57 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I finally read those threads. The most distinguished quote I saw:

"Everyone has their opinion... His electric stuff is what he wants to do...plus its much more adventuresome for him.... there is nowhere he can really go on the acoustic, that he hasn't already.. the stuff he is doing now is literally in a league of its own... Nobody else (that I have seen or heard about) is doing what Tim is doing.."

I thought that was nice. And overall, most people were pretty respectful. But I'm still staying here.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2002 :  06:58:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am glad, I wasn't trying to get anyone to defect or even to hang out over there, I just wanted folks to see that there are alot of positive things said about TR over there as well. We seem to only harp on the bad ones and I think peoples perceptions get skewed. Anyway, thanx for indulging me and taking the TIMe to read them. They are not bad people, just uneducated about TR. That is not a crime and it is also what the TR Task Force is all about, spreading the word about TR. I think we can do that better with sugar than vinegar. Just my 2 cents(or maybe lack of sense HEHE)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2002 :  5:35:52 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Funny about this topic, but not exactly related. I was reading on another board and the topic was "most overrated guitarists ever" and they listed ours truly... Said something to the effect of "blinding speed doesn't equal talent" or something. I chimed in, but it's useless over there...they are all so fucked up it's not funny..no one can have an opinion at all. Bastards. This wasn't a DMB board, so that's good. Someone actually agreed with me, too... I was furious when I read it, but I just passed it off, knowing that opinions are like asshole, everyone has them and they all stink.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000