thread 4 comments on "INTERVIEWS & REVIEWS" thread
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2004 :  12:51:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here is the thread to talk about stuff you read in "Interviews and Reviews" thread. Also, feel free to quote the part of the story you want to discuss, but please refrain from quoting the whole story. You can also put a link to that thread in your post if you want people to go back and check it out. Thanx for not filling that thread up with discussion. I want to try and keep that thread as a resource for people seeking info on TR. THANX!!!
(and the new story I just posted there is AWESOME!!)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2004 :  12:03:24 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting that new interview Fluffy!! Reading that, I wish more non-fans would take the TIMe to read what Tim has to say. If those guys who say that Tim "has no emotion or feeling when he plays" would just read that interview, it would give them something more to think about. Same with the freekin people who keep up with all the silly rumors about Tim and the DMB.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

JoshMartin
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  4:33:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy,

Since I work for the Star-Telegram I went to the distribution center and snatch a "plate" of the article that ran in our Newspaper. If you dont want it you can trash it..but Its kind of unique. Its a plate from the press that they used to print the article. I'll give it to you later on tonight.

JoshMartin

Kobetich music
Go to Top of Page

JoshMartin
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  4:46:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let me re-phrase that a little...

Its an 8x15 sheet of metal with the article & picture on it.

JoshMartin

Kobetich music
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  5:20:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know exactly what it is, I would LOVE to have it. THANX very much for that. One of my my photos was used and I actually got a photo credit. That would mean alot. That is really kewl!! THANX AGAIN!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  9:20:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for continuing to post interviews and such Fluffy. I'm getting excited for the new album! Especially the bonus disc. I'm sure I'll like it all, but when it's described as weird and beautiful it intriuges me.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  04:50:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

One of my my photos was used and I actually got a photo credit. That would mean alot. That is really kewl!! THANX AGAIN!!!

My brother's in the newspaper... I'm so proud!
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  12:49:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TTT for comments on the new interview posted about the Notre Dame show.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  12:55:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was a great article. It's getting me pumped up for April! Can't wait to see the three of you.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  4:01:01 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The news of Tim being so focused on acoustic at the moment has me excited for this new album. As much as I love his electric work, it has been a few years since he concentrated so much on acoustic.

Does this mean that this winter tour will be acoustic?

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  4:42:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Very possibly....last I heard from TR he was contemplating dropping the electric/drum portion of the set to concentrate on more 12 string so he could play more new music and possibly new acoustic versions of songs like donkey bong, big dick, it's dead etc etc. We will just have to wait and see what he decides, but it does sound likely that we may be back to a solo acoustic set. Either way it should be great as always!! See you on the road!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  5:11:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

...possibly new acoustic versions of songs like donkey bong, big dick, it's dead etc etc.

Holy shit. Now I really can't wait to see reviews and setlists.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2006 :  02:07:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I jsut posted a pic of the set list from notre Dame and let me tell you it was tits mcguiness. It on another review of the show, I couldnt beat a review like that that I concured with for the most part so i just added a lil flava to it. you know that sugar and spice makes everything nice saying, hopefully you will all enjoy it, I have som sweet video footage of soundcheck too but yousend it is being a bastard and being sloth like and slow.

Rob
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2006 :  02:50:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ok guys here you go from me to all of you fellow TIM nuts here is a preview of whats to come, I guess, Notre Dame Sound check lil snip off my camera, this is my first video ever Ive posted so feed back would also be great, but more I really hope you all enjoy it

http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2D77WLZCELZJ91IMJ9IIC05BWE

Rob
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2006 :  10:11:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here is a new interview with TR. It has lots of info you don't generally read about TR. From Marin Independent Journal, Check it out:

http://www.timreynolds.com/interviews/viewInterview.aspx?interviewID=49

This is the photo that ran with the story online. For a larger version visit the story online and click on the photo:

http://www.marinij.com/fastsearchresults/ci_3734805#

So you know, if you can actually track down a "hard copy" of the original newspaper they used a different photo in the newspaper. Another awesome pic of TR.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000