Favorite Beers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ultra Kimchi
Is Anybody Here?

46 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  2:58:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wondering if anyone here has any interest in craft beer...you guys seem to have a lot of good tastes, so is anyone into good beer?

Some of my favorites:

1. St Barnabus abt. 12
2. Troeg's Oatmeal Stout
3. Dogfishhead 60 minute IPA
4. Heavyweight Brewing company Porter
5. Monk's cafe flemish sour ale
6. Farmhouse Ale Saison Dupont

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  3:00:35 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I live in California, so I'm spoiled by very good micro-brew ales. When I don't order something local, I try to get...

Newcastle, Fat Tire, Full Sail Amber Ale, Boddington's.

Oh, and Rolling Rock, since I grew up in PA.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

Kazi
Is Anybody Here?

46 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  3:05:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cool--you grew up in two of the best states for beer. IS Stone brewery one of those micro brews? Like Arrogant Bastard? Do any of those local breweries have any larger distribution throughout the US?
Any of your favorites of those?

love is not who you want to go to bed with, it's who you want to wake up with.
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  3:06:58 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kazi

cool--you grew up in two of the best states for beer. IS Stone brewery one of those micro brews? Like Arrogant Bastard? Do any of those local breweries have any larger distribution throughout the US?
Any of your favorites of those?

Yes, I do love Stone's products. I have an empty bottle of Arrogant Bastard sitting on top of my bookcase in my bedroom. Stone Brewery is probably the most repsected brewery in the united states.

Go to Top of Page

Kazi
Is Anybody Here?

46 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  3:11:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they definitly have some great beers...I still don't have "the taste or sophistication" to appreciate arrogant bastard--but I do like their IPA, an also their imperial stout. Those are some fine beers.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  5:32:45 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  10:16:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Belgian Lambic!!!

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5034

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  1:47:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sierra Nevada Porter.

I'm not a big beer guy, I prefer to stick to white russians and my own mixed drink creations. When I go to Germany and beer is actually regulated and good, I'll become a beer drinker.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2005 :  07:52:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Arthen, no offense, but to say your can't get good beer here is utterly retarded.

I think we've had this thread already, but I can add some beers to my list. A good call by Ultra Kimchi on the St. Barnabus, the Tripel is quite amazing.

These have been my beers of choice for the Spring '05 Catalog.

Victory Hop Devil - Pennsylvania
Dogfishhead 90 Minute IPA - Delaware
Flying Dog IPA & Porter - Colorado
Red Hook Blonde & Sunrye - Forget what state this is from.
Magic Hat H.I.P.A. - Vermont (Big surprise on this one)
Anchor Porter - California
River Horse Tripel & Frostbite - NEW JERSEY, BITCH!
GUINESS - C'mon now...

Post, hopheads, post!

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

Ultra Kimchi
Is Anybody Here?

46 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2005 :  10:07:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, Hopeful, I see you love your IPA's...Hop Devil is a great one. Other really hoppy ones I like:

1. Hop Wallup --also by Victory--a Double IPA
2. Smuttynose IPA - From New Hampshire
3. Bell's Harvest Ale -- Kalamzoo

Arthen maybe you live in a part of the USA where you can't get good beer--I know there are parts of America like that...that's too bad. But in all seriousness, America is probably the best country in the world for beer--which kicks ass for us beer lovers. Yes, there are some countries around the world that make some great ones--Belgium, Czech republic, Ireland, perhaps germany...those countries all have their own particular type of quality product...but America has it all. We have breweries that make virtually every style.

Based on Beer alone, the only other place in this world I'd love to live is Belgium. I was doing some research on how to become a monk--but I haven't seen if the monk's are actually allowed to DRINK the beer they make. If there are any monks on this message board, let me know...I know you must be out there. Belgian beer is just the best in my opinion. God bless his holy Monks for making it--see, there must be a reason it's so damn good.

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2005 :  2:55:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hopeful Rolling Waves

Arthen, no offense, but to say your can't get good beer here is utterly retarded.

I didn't mean that one can't find good beer here, I just don't find many to my personal liking. Have I tried them all, absolutely not, so they could be out there waiting for me. I just meant that I tend to like more German beers than stuff here.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Ultra Kimchi
Is Anybody Here?

46 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2005 :  3:01:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if you like german beers I sense you might like pilsner-light-lager style then. You could probably get into Victory's Prima Pils, or Troeg's hopback amber ale. I'm not sure what state you're in, but those companies have pretty wide distribution. I'm guessing you like Pilsner Urquel.
Go to Top of Page

Jiyra
Chatterbox

124 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2005 :  3:58:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Jiyra an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've not really gotten into beer yet, as I'm only 21 now...yeah...

I prefer a good vodka, scotch of bourbon, but I don't go wild with it, any suggestions for a guy who knows nothing about beer?

silly girl, sanity is for boys
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2005 :  6:22:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ultra, those are just what I've been drinking recently. I am a big fan of Smuttynose Brewing in general, their Portsmouth Lager and Robust Porter in particular. Brooklyn makes a small batch Monster Ale which is hoppy as all fuck, as is Sierra Nevada's Bigfoot Ale.

And for any of you who cared, which means no one, Red Hook Brewery is out of Washington state, and their IPA is pretty fuckin' good too.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  12:44:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

Sierra Nevada Porter.

I'm not a big beer guy, I prefer to stick to white russians and my own mixed drink creations. When I go to Germany and beer is actually regulated and good, I'll become a beer drinker.

I'll be here waiting for you, with liter mugs full of beer! Best fest times in Stuttgart are Spring (last weeks of April) and Fall (mid-late September).

teri
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  12:58:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My real drink of choice: White Russians. I drank about 9 on Saturday night. It was glorious.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

HotKoreanGirl
Chatterbox

130 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  1:01:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
arthen, are you sure you aren't "the dude"?

"That's one hell of a caucasian"--Jeff bridges
Go to Top of Page

Ultra Kimchi
Is Anybody Here?

46 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  1:13:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool Hopeful, I love the Hopback amber...it's so good. I hear their Nugget Nectar is great too...I want to try that.

I have never had red hook IPA, but I'll give it a try since you think it's good.

So much beer, so little time. I can't wait to start brewing my own.

Note to Tericee...I was in Germany once many years ago for Music related things and incidentally ended up at Octoberfest. That is some crazy shit.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  07:52:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As glorious as the diarrhea you had the next day?

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  09:39:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Kimchi

Cool Hopeful, I love the Hopback amber...it's so good. I hear their Nugget Nectar is great too...I want to try that.

I have never had red hook IPA, but I'll give it a try since you think it's good.

So much beer, so little time. I can't wait to start brewing my own.

Note to Tericee...I was in Germany once many years ago for Music related things and incidentally ended up at Octoberfest. That is some crazy shit.

I've never been to the one in Munich, which is probably crazier than ours here in Stuttgart. But even ours does have its moments!

I'm hoping to learn the "Ein Prosit" song before the next fest in September. No matter which beer tent I go to, they sing it every third or fourth song:

Ein Prosit
(With Beer stein/glass in hand)

Ein Prosit, Ein Prosit, der gemiitlichkeit
(Cheer!) Eins, zwer, Dreif g'suffa!
Zicke, zacke, zicke, zacke, hoi, hoi, hoi,
Prosit

teri
Go to Top of Page

Ultra Kimchi
Is Anybody Here?

46 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  2:42:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what does that cheer mean?
Go to Top of Page

JoeNick
Is Anybody Here?

1 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  5:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let's not forget about good ole Washington state for some darn good quality beers. You gotta love some Mac & Jack's, Pyramid and the all-wonderful Redhook.

I don't know if anyone else would be interested but if you go to http://globaltestmarket.com/join.php?lang=E&p=marketingalcohol
and sign up, you can take surveys about your favorite beers, new beer ideas, new advertising, other alcohol and other stuff. I like it just because I get to give my opinions on new products/advertising but I also make a decent amount of cash doing it.
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  7:10:47 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoeNick

Let's not forget about good ole Washington state for some darn good quality beers. You gotta love some Mac & Jack's, Pyramid and the all-wonderful Redhook.

I don't know if anyone else would be interested but if you go to http://globaltestmarket.com/join.php?lang=E&p=marketingalcohol
and sign up, you can take surveys about your favorite beers, new beer ideas, new advertising, other alcohol and other stuff. I like it just because I get to give my opinions on new products/advertising but I also make a decent amount of cash doing it.

Pyramid isn't just brewed in Washington. There's a brewery in Berkeley, CA and (I believe) San Francisco.

Their Beatnik White is pretty damn good.

Go to Top of Page

Kazi
Is Anybody Here?

46 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  4:04:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tried Some Russian River Damnation last night (another west coast brewery which rippa might be familiar with). Real fine Belgian Strong Pale ale.

Also had this great summerale from Southampton Publick House...their Beer de Garde...farmhouse style ale. Absolutely thirst quenching fruity/floral goodness. Gorgeous color, mild but assertive hop character, drinkable drinkable...damn that was great. Want anotherone now.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2005 :  5:02:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As most of you know, not much of a drinker myself. In my glory years when I did drink I stuck mostly to vodka, Southern Comfort, tequila, rum drinks and the occasional shots of Irish Mist or Frangelico.
The bar I frequented had what they called a Fluffy Special which was basically a Raspball in a tall glass, vodka being the primary ingredient. Then I met Frank and he introduced me to Kool-Aid which is SoCo, amaretto and cranberry. Strangely, it's called a Kool-Aid but it tastes exactly like Hawaiian Punch mixed in the right proportions. Shots are always limited to Tequila(I have not had that BAD tequila experience it seems everyone else in the world has had that keeps them away from it) Irish Mist or Frangelico(in the mornings). Of course my drinking daze are way behind me but I still enjoy the occasional selection from the above list. OH and frozen drinks, Pina Coloda, daquairis, margaritas(but who doesn't LOL)

As for beers, here's what I like, and by like I mean when I have to have a drink with friends or something it's what I don't mind drinking but I don't think I have ever said or thought the words "I need a beer" and drunk alone I am definitely a social drinker and a weak one at that LOL I am the epitome of the "CHEAP DATE". Anyway, on to the list of likes:
Lambics particularly Lindemans Framboise Raspberry Lambic Beer http://www.beerliquors.com/buy/beer/Lindemans_Framboise_Raspberry_Lambic_Beer.htm
Staropramen (czech) http://www.staropramen.com/english/
Arrogant Bastard Ale http://www.arrogantbastard.com/ (gotta check out their website)
Shiner Bock (Texas) http://www.shiner.com/home.html
Guinness
while I was in Germany there was a particular Hefeweizen Kristall but I can't remember the brand but I must admit most of the beers I had in Germany I liked which I can't say about the states AT ALL. I also when I didn't know what to order would usually order some kind of dunkles weizen. Dunkle is dark, and I prefer the darker beers, but like I said, I was hard pressed to find beer I didn't like there which shocked me since there are barely any here I can even tolerate. Prolly why I don't drink more LOL

in a pinch(barely tolerable given my mood...)
Red Stripe
Tecate
Corono (with LIME)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Oozle
Chatterbox

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2005 :  5:19:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Oozle an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone tried the new Budwiser one, B to the E or something like that? I read an article in the paper that described it as having a somewhat cotton candy like aftertaste. Sounds absolutly horrible, yet I am drawn to it.... LOL

ren :)
Go to Top of Page

Kazi
Is Anybody Here?

46 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2005 :  6:07:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i really can't stand to drink any products from bud/miller/coors. Unless it's a blazing hot day and the beer is ICE cold, I never want anything to do with this "beer".

As for arrogant Bastard, I swear this beer is way over hyped and way overly appreciated. I think people are affraid to not like it for fear of "not being worthy" as is printed on the bottle. It's a hugly complex unbalanced brew--I've tried it multiple times. I love complexity in my beers, but I also like the complexity to work...to me, it's an oddly discordant, glorified malt-liquor beverage, and I'm sure the brewer knows this and is laughing all the way to the bank.

Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2005 :  12:18:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with you on that, I think Arrogant Bastard is awful and not because I don't have the palatte to appreciate it, I'm not much of a drinker either but I do know when I like something, and that's definately NOT it. Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

Kazi
Is Anybody Here?

46 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  5:48:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're right you don't have to justify it...sometimes you just know when you don't like something. I can describe why I don't like it in pretty clear detail I think...Frist of all the body is too thin to justfy such strong flavors--the beer appears to be modeled after the Belgian strong ale, or Grand cru style...these are high-alcohol, mega-tasty medium-to-full bodied beers. Arrogant Bastard cuts down your throat like a knife and drenches the open wounds full of gasoline-soaked hops. The terribly hidden alcohol is ripe with disgusting taste--it has a terrible metallic flavor that's most noticable at the end. There is the liquid pine-sol smell, the thin-caramel flavoring and some nutmeg in the nose which feels like you were snorting it as you drink.

What a god awful experience it was to drink this beer.

Go to Top of Page

Ultra Kimchi
Is Anybody Here?

46 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  11:08:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Drinking never found a social or anti-social niche for me. It's a consumable foodstuff. I'll enjoy it with our without people.

That being said, here's one any beer lovers out there MUST try...

Gumballhead by three Flloyds brewing company--Pale Summer Wheat Ale...this is the optimum time to drink this fabulous beer. So citrusy with jumping floral hops and a crisp wheaty mouthfeel. An unparalleled summer beer.

Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2005 :  11:19:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
RED STRIPE
Go to Top of Page

skyline
Chatterbox

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  2:10:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit skyline's Homepage  Send skyline an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm a rootbeer fan myself...

http://www.dmbforums.com
Go to Top of Page

Ultra Kimchi
Is Anybody Here?

46 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2005 :  10:27:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had a great barleywine CAlled Lafayette's Revenge last night-served in a wine glass--very strong, smooth, sipping-type of beer. It's almost a dessert type of beer--not something to drink a lot of, as it will exhaust your pallate--but holy WOW, I was completely impressed by how much this beer tasted like its gorgeous blackberry/flowery sweet aroma. It tasted like someone coated your throat with the rich yet not overpowering taste of sweet dark fruits on a body of artisian quality french bread, yet at the end of each sip/gulp there is no long lingering aftertaste--making this also an incredibly drinkable barely wine. Everyone must go out and try this.
Go to Top of Page

OnlySuperstition
Chatterbox

150 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2005 :  4:16:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am slightly into beer ( i'm an addict.) No different than any of those wine and cheese heads. I do think the west coast has some of the best beers in America. Some beer suggestions are as follows

Anchorsteam, Dogfish Head, Acme, Rogue, Long Trail, Magic Hat, Wolavers, Victory, Guiness, New Castle, Sierra Nevada, Weyerbacher just to name a few.

I recommend drinking IPA's in the summer and drinking Porters/Stouts in the Winter.

In trying to grow some extra hairs on your testes dring the Dogfish Head 90 min IPA. Lots of bang for the buck.

Beer in something you need to experiment with. You'll develope your own preferences along the way. I still make a bad play here and there.

Slaughter, a word to live by....
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  08:26:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Shut the fuck up with that Acme shit, Crack. That is some of the worst goddamn beer I've ever had.

Go to Top of Page

Kazi
Is Anybody Here?

46 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  11:36:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never had ACME--But I do know it's on the shelves @ this place I go called the FOODERY next to the uber-tasty Belgian beers...perhaps it's just a coincidence--but I'm sure it's not bad if it's there. I want to try it.

Note to the German Beer lover's here...I recently tried some good german brews---Warsteiner and Weinstaphaner. I was very pleased with them--much lighter than stuff I typically drink (american microbrewed craft beers) but it was a nice change. While the german stuff is not as tasty or complex, it is very balanced and drinkable and has this unmatched crispness--probably developed from hundreds of years of brewers being required to brew according to the German Purity law.

Go to Top of Page

Kazi
Is Anybody Here?

46 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  11:20:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey is it just me or are people a little less talkative on this Message board? I'm not talking about this particular topic. I just remember a time when people were writing like crazy. Perhaps people are at the beach? Any rate. Have fun people. Go out, have fun, drink and smoke, play your instruments--skin flutes, guitars. Feast.

Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  12:06:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Best Beer Ever = Samuel Jackson.

--Zak
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  12:35:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SurferX

Best Beer Ever = Samuel Jackson.

It'll have you fuckin' fat chicks in no time!

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2006 :  03:02:56 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Judging by the empty bottles in front of me, I'm on my fifth Newcastle right now.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

CosmicHomesickAlien
Is Anybody Here?

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2006 :  11:22:09 AM  Show Profile  Send CosmicHomesickAlien an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am definately a beer lover and have tried probably 75% of the beers that have been mentioned so far. My all time favorite has to be guinness though it's just to damn good. Anyway another recomendation to all you hop heads is to go out and find a local brewery in your area. While bottled beer is great and the variaties are almost endless it's always nice to go out and have something that you wouldn't drink on a consistent basis.
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2006 :  2:56:28 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i drink fuckin mead now.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2006 :  3:52:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like Grog.

Look over there, a three headed monkey!!!

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  11:24:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

i drink fuckin mead now.

We have lots of mead over here. Yum!

teri
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2006 :  11:42:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

[quote]
I'm hoping to learn the "Ein Prosit" song before the next fest in September. No matter which beer tent I go to, they sing it every third or fourth song:

Ein Prosit
(With Beer stein/glass in hand)

(Cheer!) Eins, zwer, Dreif g'suffa!
Prosit

I forgot, we have a Spring Fest too! So that's where I'll be tomorrow evening. Wheeeeee!

teri
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2006 :  2:13:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A "European Vacation" eh?

"Hi, I'm looking for sex(sechs)."

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2006 :  6:01:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PJK

Still no beer for me. My drink of choice lately has been Pinot Grigio. Maybe that is why I liked Spain better than Germany or Switzerland when I was in Europe, I love wine, hate beer. Although I am no longer fond of Sangria, way too sweet, so go figure.

Have a GREAT TIMe at the Spring Fest Teri, beer or no beer, I would still love to visit you in Germany. While I have no plans to travel anywhere right now I decided to get my passport just in case I decide to take a European or Far East Vacation.

Actually, we can exchange our "beer tokens" for a half liter mug of German wine insted of a liter mug (or Fass) of beer. I usually do since I can't drink a liter of beer w/out it getting VERY warm.

I still LOVE Sangria. (Click here for proof) AND I would love a visit from Pam!

teri
Go to Top of Page

porro
Is Anybody Here?

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2006 :  7:44:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a cider girl, but none of that pear or raspberry or whatever stuff. Dry Blackthorn is good! If it has to be beer, I prefer the pale pansy ones like Corona or Pacifico. Yes, I is a weenie.

Every day I start to ooze.
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2006 :  05:06:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If I'm going for a flavored beverage, I avoid the weird ciders -- plain old apple is my preference as well -- and go straight for the lambic. Porro, if you live near a Trader Joe's, you might be interested in trying some lambic; if so, let me know what you think.

teri :)

teri
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  6:32:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I stopped off in Brussels on my way from Holland (can you say tulips?) this weekend and bought 75 EUROS worth of Lambic. WOO HOO!!!

www.BeerMania.be

About half the bottles are brands I know and love, but the rest are brands and/or flavors I haven't tried.

Fun fun fun.

teri
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  11:40:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry, but you are just having way too much fun. JK! fun is good and you've inspired me to go look the next time I'm at Trader Joe's (which should be very soon,considering my son here who is growing like a weed and eating me out of house and home). Yes I finally understand that term. Anyway, I know who to party with when I visit Germany!Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  3:09:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More beer I love:

Sierra Nevada Summerfest and Wheat (It's brewed in my town!)
Full Sail

The top is still Newcastle though!

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2006 :  04:13:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Alright, apparently I've been drinking the wrong Lambic. I'm going to have to visit all the breweries mentioned in this article so I can taste "the real thing."

A Beer Called Lambic

This story, which originally appeared in Saveur magazine (March 2002, issue number 57), was nominated in 2003 for a prestigious James Beard Foundation Journalism Award in the category of 'Magazine Writing on Spirits, Wine or Beer.' To see the story complete with lush photography by Ben Fink, sidebar stores and recipes, please visit the back issues section of www.saveur.com.

If Trader Joe's doesn't have lambic anymore and you can't hop a plane to Beglium, I'm not sure what to tell you. In DC, you can get it at the Brickskeller and the back bar of the 930 Club. In LA, I found it at a bar called Naja's on the Redondo Pier. Apparently Bethlehem Brew Works has lambic on occasion, but I'm not sure if they make it regularly.

teri
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2006 :  1:04:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are the lambic queen. My friends are getting married this Summer but have to appease the relatives unable to make it out from Belgium. So, I am seriously considering a trip to Europe this coming Winter.Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  01:34:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have to chime in on the pear cider as I usually don't drink beer and I recently had a pear cider for the first TIMe. I thought it was actually quite good. I usually drink the "granny smith green apple" cider made by Woodchuck which I love because it is a tad sour, or maybe tart is a better word to describe it. I felt the pear had a tart taste as well but a bit sweeter. It was quite pleasant. I don't remember the brand of the pear cider. Rew acquired them on the road, maybe he remembers the brand.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  07:23:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oooh, then you need to try Lindemann's Apple Lambic. The beermania guy had some in stock so I bought three or four. QUITE tart!

Maybe I'll try to mail a bottle to you when I mail your HanfHaus items. (I couldn't get all, but I got some at the local Heidelberg HanfHaus.)

teri
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  6:40:02 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
any New Belgium brew is great. Colorado has alot of good Micro-brews but New Belgium's Sunshine Wheat is amazing. Fat Tire ofcourse is great. I also like Dixie and Abita Amber both from Louisiana
Go to Top of Page

spaceoddity
Try A Little Harder

Belgium
65 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  7:01:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Colorado does have some wicked beer the best im my opinion would have to be Flying Dog...
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2006 :  03:37:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It must be fun to get to name a beer. Some of the names I've seen on here are great!

teri
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000