TR Task Force (more NEW polls)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  3:20:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have noticed that there seems to be alot less misinformation out there about TR and his career and his role with Dave and DMB and I can only attribute this to the great job that the TR Task Force has done at spreading the word about TR and his work. Check out a thread like this for example:

http://nancies.org/boards/showthread.php?t=1678295342

THANX!! You guys ROCK!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  3:33:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I need to break out my old task force picture, I dont know where it is

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  4:32:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I can email it to you, I still have it. Shoot me an email and I will send it by return email. R we going to see you at any or ALL of the upcoming show Erich? I hope so. Miss ya. Hopefully I will feel better than the last TIMe I saw you. Boy did Brooklyn suck for me. LOL Thanx again for all your help that nite. Couldn't have done it without ya and say HI to your mom for me.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

skyline
Chatterbox

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  4:53:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit skyline's Homepage  Send skyline an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

I have noticed that there seems to be alot less misinformation out there about TR and his career and his role with Dave and DMB and I can only attribute this to the great job that the TR Task Force has done at spreading the word about TR and his work. Check out a thread like this for example:

http://nancies.org/boards/showthread.php?t=1678295342

THANX!! You guys ROCK!

Speaking of the TR Task Force...it was good to see you drop in at my place of residence (DMBForums.com). More than once over there I've mentioned things that "Fluffy" said, and they never had any clue who I was referring to.

http://www.dmbforums.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  4:56:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
THANX alot Skyline, I noticed there was alot of good TR discussion over there, hence why I figured I should be posting info on that site as well. Guess you can officially consider yourself a part of the TR Task Force. Thanx for all the great work and the support. We appreciate it.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  7:24:16 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Is that the one with the gasmask, and the "Rubbing your balls on it" quotation?

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  7:24:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

I can email it to you, I still have it. Shoot me an email and I will send it by return email. R we going to see you at any or ALL of the upcoming show Erich? I hope so. Miss ya. Hopefully I will feel better than the last TIMe I saw you. Boy did Brooklyn suck for me. LOL Thanx again for all your help that nite. Couldn't have done it without ya and say HI to your mom for me.

will do! Im coming to as many as i can, but the new job may restrict that a touch. I do hope you feel better than last time, and hopefuly when I see you this time I feel better than I have been recently. I dont want to see you or Tim with a sore and heavy heart

Edit: check your email, I just dropped you a note, Fluffy!

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  7:26:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

Is that the one with the gasmask, and the "Rubbing your balls on it" quotation?

haha, yes .

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

BenPezzner
Try A Little Harder

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  01:21:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit BenPezzner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So how does one go about joining said task force?

Ben

www.pezshow.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  06:30:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well Ben, I would say you are well on your way. There were never any guidelines laid down, it more became a way of identifying ourselves to others as TR fans. The phrase was termed back in the days when we were all constantly defending TR against misinformation that was out there on the internet and on other message boards. Luckily, over the last couple of years the TR Task Force has obviously accomplished quite alot as we don't hear alot of the untrue info still being desiminated as much as we once did. More people are coming to understand TR as his own entity outside of his affiliation with Dave and DMB. I would say anyone who considers themselves a TR fan and tells another person about him could, in all good conscience, call themselves a member of the TR Task Force. Basically correcting misinformation and turning others on to TR is all you need to do to consider yourself part of the TR Task Force. Oh yes, and know the super-secret handshake and have visited TR's planet of origin!(j/k on the last 2 hehe) Welcome aBOARD!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  08:42:48 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenPezzner

So how does one go about joining said task force?

Ben

The first step is to agree never to call Tim Timmy. Doing thusly will be grounds for immediate expulsion from the TR Task Force. And a lashing.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  08:56:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ixplurg!

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  2:04:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was never initiated to the TR task force but I tell ya what, being thrown into a Island full of hard core Dave fans all knowing nothing really about TIM,I wanted to bash some heads in and give mushroom stamps. TR and this board, I always got your back. BOO YA

Rob
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  3:38:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
New poll on Ants Marching...Tim Reynolds OR Trey Anastasio

Right now TR is in the lead. Just thought some of the TR Task Force might want to jump over and vote. From reading the thread it appears at though they had a Tim Reynolds OR Warren Haynes poll but it seems I must have missed that one. Good news is it looks like TR won that one from the posts I was reading on this thread. Here is the link if you would like to vote or to read the thread:

http://antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=158329

Poll closes 4/3/06 4:34 PM

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2006 :  7:08:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TR vs. Trey? I love Trey, but TR would tear him apart. Trey's a fantastic electric guitarist, and is a good acoustic guitarist, where as TR's fantastic in both arenas of the guitar.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  1:29:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Poll closes on 04/03/06 @ 4:34 PM

Every TIMe I have checked on it it has seemed to hover around 61% in favor or TR no matter how high the numbers get. I just found that interesting. So get your vote in before it's too late.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Kenneth
Chatterbox

218 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  4:16:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Re: Tim Reynolds or Trey Anastasio
"i like tim and all but over warren haynes? no way. But on pure skill im going with trey on this one."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this guy serious? How can anyone say that or type that with a straight face. It's a sad, sad world we live in.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  4:28:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TR knows a bit more about music than the Mixolydian mode. Not to say Trey doesn't, but his catalogue is not very diversified.

TR hands down.

Go to Top of Page

JoeGamo05
Chatterbox

USA
279 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  12:53:46 PM  Show Profile  Send JoeGamo05 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TeeAre is winning by a landslide heh

fluffy: youshould tell TR to come to berklee and do a show

When the trees start walking, the ground starts moving, your insane, your insane
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  5:09:01 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah, a berklee show would be nice. or, i got it! a show in albany, ny. i think that's a better idea.

trey is very good, and i think he has decent knowledge of modes. but tim, on an acoustic especially, does not find a rival in trey. electrically, you're talking more preference of style than anything else.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  03:59:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How could anyone possibly pick Trey after listening to 'Snake?'

Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  7:25:07 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hopeful Rolling Waves

How could anyone possibly pick Trey after listening to 'Snake?'

Or any TR song other than stream for that matter... Not that stream doesn't make me nut myself, just apparently certain DMB fans find he isn't saying something in that song.

By the way, every time I think about the title of that song while I listen to it, I think of a stream with class V rapids. Anyone else have this little picture in their minds as well?

my favorite color is go fuck yourself. :D
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  8:19:16 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i hear he sweep picks that whole song.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2006 :  07:30:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just over 24 hours to get your vote counted!!! PEACE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2006 :  2:11:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Snake gives me the shivers. It's one of my favorite Chaos View era tracks. Oooo daddy.

I always get tired of hearing DMB fans go to the old: "Tim's music/playing has no feeling. It's all fast." And then you invariably say, have you listened to cuts like Rheginos, or You Are My Sanity, or this or that, et al? And they stop talking for a while. Then say, "Tim just plays fast."

Some of the talk on that poll though, made it sound like who is a better guitarist when playing with DMB. Did anyone else get that vibe? Still, the answer is TR. I've been at two shows where Santana has sat in with DMB, I've heard Warren play with DMB on the Central Park concert, and have bootleg versions of Trey playing with DMB, and everytime they just noodle around until the solo comes along and then they jam, and they jam well, which is great. TR is playing along with the whole song and contributing layers. I even got that same feeling from the Dave and Friends shows. Trey would be noodling around through a song, like So Damn Lucky, and TR would be doing cool delay pieces that blend into the background and help layer the sound.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2006 :  6:59:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TR won 177(62.32%) to 107(37.68%) I followed the progress of this poll and from when I discovered it to it's close it was almost always 62% to 38% no matter how many total votes there were. The TR Task Force must be growing!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2006 :  11:15:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yessss!!! Keep on growin'Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  05:00:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Seem to be at it again. LOL

Tim Reynolds VS Warren Haynes

http://antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=158276

TR is currently winning this one with 78%. WOW

and another:

Tim Reynolds VS Derek Trucks

http://antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=158443

right now this one is almost even-steven. TR slightly ahead with 51%

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  1:24:58 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Trying to explain what really makes Tim great to the DMB crowd is like trying to explain quantum physics to a chimp.
Go to Top of Page

JoeGamo05
Chatterbox

USA
279 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  11:32:53 AM  Show Profile  Send JoeGamo05 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
what a stupid match-up TR vs Derek trucks

dereks a slide player, best out there imo, in terms of slide he wins heh

When the trees start walking, the ground starts moving, your insane, your insane
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  11:45:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
TR is playing along with the whole song and contributing layers. I even got that same feeling from the Dave and Friends shows. Trey would be noodling around through a song, like So Damn Lucky, and TR would be doing cool delay pieces that blend into the background and help layer the sound

I feel ya on that one. Tim adds so much to music...period. Not jsut Daves (although defintaly makes dave's music WAYYYY better) but all, Fluffy posted a link of Tim on a techno trance album, 3.2 min later I downloaded it and it fuckin jams. Music without Tim is like making bread with out yeast. That shit wont rise to it's tastey glory of a delectible delight.

My vote...TR I got your back dawg.

Rob
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  01:01:10 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
another reason to love tim reynolds. his sense of space, musically, is remarkable. it has to do with awareness of the music and tastefulness, i suppose.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  08:39:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And lots of mushrooms.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2006 :  3:09:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tim Reynolds VS Warren Haynes

http://antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=158276

TR is still winning this one with 78% and 190 votes

and the other:

Tim Reynolds VS Derek Trucks

http://antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=158443

right now it is exactly even-steven with 33 votes each

WORTHY of note: Some of the comments about TR on the TR vs Warren poll are some of the best I have read. In a good way.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  01:32:13 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i'm hesitant to ascribe tim reynolds abilities in terms of drugs. he uses them, yes. and certainly it has an influence. but it's less about ability and more about style. tim reynolds is still a master, drugs or no.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  08:11:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am not denying that, it was a joke...kinda.

I think most here are aware of my undying love for TR music. Just a bit of fun, Danny.

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  2:57:05 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ah ha! tone can be hard to determine in text.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  4:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What, I don't understand? AHAHA

Go to Top of Page

davehead34
Is Anybody Here?

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2006 :  5:05:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
God I hate Nancies.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic