02/18/06 Urbana, IL UCIMC show
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  03:51:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK folks, As I have limited availability to the internet while TouRing I have to post this now. I am not even sure it will happen, but I am told there is a chance and I wanted to get the word out as soon as possible. The promoter(who is a lurker on our board and posted a few TIMes in the past)for the show in Urbana also works with a local Urbana radio station. They broadcast there radio shows online in the evening. There is a possibility that they will be simulcasting the show in Urbana on their radio station which has a tiny output so noone outside of their area will be able to pick it up. The GOOD news is they also broadcast online. SO, IF they are able to pull it together you will be able to listen to the show at the following link:

http://wrfu.pickled.org:8080/

Check out the proetheusradio site that is some interesting stuff. Lots of info on the FCC and how all of that broadcast licensing works. Good stuff! So I can't promise TR will be on there, but just in case I wanted the folks who are free to cross their fingers and hope for the best. If I have an opportunity to post more I will. If not, the Urbana show is on Saturday. Sorry if I end up getting peoples hopes up and nothing comes from it. Well just have to wait and see, but I didn't want you guys to miss out. All I can say is cross your fingers and tune in!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  07:10:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keeping fingers and toes crossed! Whatever the end results, thanks for the headsup Fluffy!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

OnlySuperstition
Chatterbox

150 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  08:48:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That would be fantimstic. Thumbs up to the promoter for entertaining the thought, even if it never pans out. Two weeks until the PA/NY/NJ shows. I have a feeling the venue for the NY Canal Room show will kick ass (atleast from thier pic on thier website)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good look Fluffy... any exposure tim gets is good

Slaughter, a word to live by....
Go to Top of Page

Katchoo
Try A Little Harder

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  6:01:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey folks,

The simulcast for tonights show is good to go!

Kiah Morris
Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  6:43:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you!

What timezone is Urbana in?

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  7:57:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ahhh good, you got the word! GREAT!!!

Urbana is in the same TIMezone as Chicago!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

chasethetale
Is Anybody Here?

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  8:01:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit chasethetale's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i'm keeping get a.."page cannot be displayed" error...is anyone else having this problem from clicking the link??
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  8:37:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The link has been updated! You need to open it in Windows Media Player or iTunes. Don't try to open thru AOL. ENJOY!!!

Here it is one more TIMe:

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

sciphish
Chatterbox

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  8:43:45 PM  Show Profile  Send sciphish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Im excited to hear this, I was supposed to go to the show, but couldnt get tickets(not quite sure how). At any rate, how exactly do i listen to the show, do i just go to the site. Thanks for the help and i hope it turns out well

I'm almost there...
Go to Top of Page

mlb1399
Is Anybody Here?

14 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  9:22:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you just click on the link and hit listen or am I missing something? There is some woman singing right now??
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  9:23:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

mlb1399
Is Anybody Here?

14 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  9:24:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Click on the link and wait or is something playing right now?

I clicked listen on that link jsemon and I think I got their regular radio.
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  10:05:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hasnt started yet!!!!!

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

mlb1399
Is Anybody Here?

14 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  10:16:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alright thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  10:22:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha ha, I must be early because I'm getting something that sounds like Metal/Polka!

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  11:01:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAHAHAHA yeah, I'm getting the same. I think if I recall correctly that IL is one hour later than the east coast, so a 10 pm set time would be 11 EST. I am going to give it a little more time and see what happens. Lets hope TR replaces this, what did you call it Arthen? metal polka? LOL

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  11:08:09 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
LOL, when I tuned in I was hearing an acordian cover of Outkast's "Hey Yeah". I guess it was actually the opener?

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

BenPezzner
Try A Little Harder

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  11:16:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit BenPezzner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Tim Reynolds.... is on deck....."

www.pezshow.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  11:18:43 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tim Just started!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

BenPezzner
Try A Little Harder

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  11:31:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit BenPezzner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quality is awesome for live/streaming... is anyone recording this?

"this is my first gig in a post office..."

lol

www.pezshow.com
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  11:31:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
who's keeping the setlist? kevin?

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  11:32:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is awesome! Sound is coming through amazingly well!

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  11:34:34 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'll give the setlist a shot. So far: (I'll update it as it goes)

1. Intro--> (Unknown Iggy Pop Cover)
2. Hug
3. Hidden Variables
4. Indoctrinate
5. Betrayal (Note from Kevin, I f'n love this song!!!)
6. (as ID'ed by our own Arthen): I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)(Genesis)
7. Jam
8. Unknown (anyone?)
9. Stream--> You Don't Know
10. Arroyo
11. Hold On I'm Comin' (Issac Hayes)
12. Repeat the Question (Skull and Bones Version)
13. Dreaming
14. Unknown
15. Cold Sweat (James Brown)
16. Unknown
17. Vantage Point (I think)
18. Doom
19. Levee Breaks (Zep.)
-------
20. All You Need Is Love (Beatles)
21. Jam (W/Mooger Fooger Ring Modulator)

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  11:37:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
WE"RE GOVERNED BY ASSES!!!!

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  11:45:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HOLY SHIT!!!!!

"I KNOW WHAT I LIKE (In YOUR WARDROBE)"

A TR GENESIS COVER!!!

This is one of the coolest things I have ever heard!!!

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  11:50:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin, I was making a list too, than I saw yours! LOL

This is kind of like a cyber reunion show! HI Kevin! HI Ben!
TR sounds great!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU KIAH MORRIS AND WRFU!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  11:52:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

quote:

I'll give the setlist a shot. So far: (I'll update it as it goes)

6. (as ID'ed by our own Arthen): I Know What I like (In My Wardrobe)

In YOUR Wardrobe. Ha ha. Man, Hug came through perfectly, I stepped out for Hidden Variables. I can't wait for April.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

BenPezzner
Try A Little Harder

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  11:52:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit BenPezzner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank god for the mushy membrane!

www.pezshow.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  11:52:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We are playing in a Post Office. LOL none of us could find it because we were looking for a building that said UCMIC not Post Office. LOL TR came out dressed in a Dragonhead mask type thing and a blue tutu. Some visuals to go with the music!!I have a picture I can email someone if they can post it on the thread.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  11:54:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

We are playing in a Post Office. LOL none of us could find it because we were looking for a building that said UCMIC not Post Office. LOL TR came out dressed in a Dragonhead mask type thing and a blue tutu. Some visuals to go with the music!!I have a picture I can email someone if they can post it on the thread.

hit me up fluffy. john@johnsemon.com i can post it for you

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  11:55:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
stream

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

BenPezzner
Try A Little Harder

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  11:56:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit BenPezzner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
STRREEEAAAMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!

www.pezshow.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  11:57:10 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
This is kind of like a cyber reunion show! HI Kevin! HI Ben!

Pam, I was just thinking the same thing... how cool that we are all listening from different places!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  12:00:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You got mail John

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  12:10:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  12:14:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have my little dog on my lap and she is turing her head to these sounds it is soooo funny! She looks like she is about to attack my speakers! LMAO

Awesome Pictures! I want a dragon head like that one! LOL

Kevin was that one Axions?

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  12:37:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So here's the deal. The show is being recorded in both audio and video formats. The show will be posted soon on another website for FREE download. Katchoo will post later with the details and web address. Big thanx go to her and WRFU for making this possible for all of you!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  12:40:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doom, I love it!

Levee Breaks.....makes me think of Keith

Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  12:40:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
AWESOME NEWS FLUFFY

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  12:43:15 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Kevin was that one Axions?

No Idea... if you say so!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

rdj218
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  12:56:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit rdj218's Homepage  Reply with Quote
this is toooooo, toooo cool!!!!
It's my b-day tonight and this is running!!!
Tim's playing at my b-day party!! ...and just played ZEP!!!!!!
OMG

reesa j
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  12:59:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good night everyone! Did he just play over 2 hours? What an awesome event!

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  12:59:52 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry for all of the unknown songs, but a new tour means new songs, and new covers...

. Intro--> (Unknown Iggy Pop Cover)
2. Hug
3. Hidden Variables
4. Indoctrinate
5. Betrayal (Note from Kevin, I f'n love this song!!!)
6. (as ID'ed by our own Arthen): I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)(Genesis)
7. Jam
8. Unknown (anyone?)
9. Stream--> You Don't Know
10. Arroyo
11. Hold On I'm Comin' (Issac Hayes)
12. Repeat the Question (Skull and Bones Version)
13. Dreaming
14. Unknown
15. Cold Sweat (James Brown)
16. Unknown
17. Vantage Point (I think)
18. Doom
19. Levee Breaks (Zep.)
-------
20. All You Need Is Love (Beatles)
21. Jam (W/Mooger Fooger Ring Modulator)

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  01:14:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erich!!!! is that you on the radio!! Come to the Lancaster show! Take a train to Trenton, you could ride with me to the show!

Go to Top of Page

debourax
Is Anybody Here?

21 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  01:15:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Definitely heard both 'shock rock' and 'jeepster' by Marc Bolan/T-Rex at at the beginning of the show tonight. Good stuff.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  01:19:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That is indeed ole Erich being interviewed!! Chalk another one up for the TR Task Force!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  01:36:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TR says track 8 was "Ode to the Box" played at Erich's request.

14 is Roundabout by YES(shame on you for not knowing that)
although it was titled Roundabits in Space on TR's setlist

16 "This Bone is Tapped" which is an improv

Setlist:

Agnihotra For the Pleroma
Shock Rock
Jeepster
Hug
Hidden Variables
Indoctrinate
Betrayal
Cosmic Interactional Synchony
----------------------------
Ode to the Box
Stream
You Don't Know
Arroyo
Hold On
---------------------------
Squeeze Tenderly
Dreaming
Roundabits in Space
Cold Sweat
This Bone Is Tapped
---------------------------
Axiom
Vantage Point?-Doom
When The Levee Breaks
-----------------------------
On The Beam or All You Need
Kundalini
Noisex Neighbors

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

BenPezzner
Try A Little Harder

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  06:00:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit BenPezzner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rdj218

OMG

Awesome... my birthday is 4:20 and luckily Tim will be playing just 15 minutes away!

www.pezshow.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  11:10:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel like I woke up on a musical high. Wow, I forgot just how great TR's music makes me feel!

Fluffy, thank you so much for telling us about the webcast. I really felt like I was at the show last night. It was special too knowing that Kevin, Arthen, and other board members were digging it at the same TIMe!

Oh, one thing I found to be funny, and I wonder if Kevin or Arthen thought the same. I stayed connected because they were interviewing people at the show and I wanted to hear their comments. One by one the people said they loved the show, but the crowd sucked. Then our own Erich comes on and one of the first things he says is that the crowd was awesome! LOL Erich, from what I heard, I thought so too! I think the people who made the comments would have liked to have heard the audience be more supportive, which I can certainly understand, but they don't know how rude some of the audiences have been in the past. I for one thought the crowd was great, quiet when TR was playing (which I appreciated because I was focusing on the sounds) and clapping and shouting out after songs were completed.

Once again music was a great healer. My mind needed some TR more than I realized!

Erich, if you are touring with them and need a ride home (to the train in NJ) I can bring you back. I don't know if I am staying the night or not, depends on several factors, one being how tired I feel after the show. I have offers to stay overnight at my step daughter's house. We can play it by ear. I just wanted you to know the offer is there.

Oh and I had a good laugh at the fact that TR went POSTAL!!!!!! (I was a bit confused at what he meant by that, thanks for clearing it up Fluffy! LOL)

Go to Top of Page

rdj218
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  12:13:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit rdj218's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenPezzner

quote:
Originally posted by rdj218

OMG

Awesome... my birthday is 4:20 and luckily Tim will be playing just 15 minutes away!

reesa j
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  2:23:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, I Know What I Like wasn't on the setlist? Wow, I wondered what inspired him to pull it out.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  3:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Of course, I alwasy miss these live feeds cause I am out. When/where is the live stuff gonna be posted so I can get my filthy hands on it?

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

chr35919
Is Anybody Here?

6 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  5:55:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey I was at the show last night....great time. The crowd was bummed because we all had to sit on the floor. The venue was an old post office turned into a community center. Weird place to say the least. I sat about a foot from the stage. Tim came out in a tu-tu it was crazy.

Anyway, Jason Webley(the guy that opened) had a really great acoustic song that I'm looking for. Anyone have it? Not sure of the title but if you have the set it's one of two acoustic songs. The rest are all on accordion. He was interesting to say the least. He has so much talent but puts it out there in a weird way. He is an aquired taste. The song I'm looking for was in the middle of his set. Thanks to anyone that can post it or has access to the whole show and can show me where to find it!

Chris

---just read above posts about the crowd and saw that mine might be misleading. The crowd was great. Everyone was really into Tim's set. The only thing was that the tickets said the show was going on at 8. Webley didn't come on till around 9:30....and by the end of that everyone's back was aching from sitting there. Tim came on at around 10:30. The people at the venue wouldn't let us get lawn chairs that were in the back room. Would have made the experience that much better. But I still can't believe I was three feet away from Tim.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  6:19:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Chris, welcome! Thanks for shedding some light on people's comments on the radio. Bummer about sitting on the floor, I wouldn't have liked that either. Glad you at least got to sit so close to TR. Did you stay afterward and meet TIM? I think I remember you being interviewed. It was fun to listen to peoples thoughts right after the show. That is one very cool radio station that did the webcast.

Go to Top of Page

chr35919
Is Anybody Here?

6 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  6:34:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sadly I didn't get to meet him. And I may have been one of many Chris's at the show...I wasn't interviewed.

Best part of the show for me at least was Tim's communication breakdown tease in one of his songs....it was amazing.
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  11:12:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

Katchoo
Try A Little Harder

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  12:17:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A story from the UCIMC's show:

www.dailyillini.com/media/paper736/news/2006/02/20/Features/Tim-Reynolds.Concert.Draws.People.Nationwide-1619754.shtml?sourcedomain=www.dailyillini.com&MIIHost=media.collegepublisher.com&page=2" target="_blank">http://media.www.dailyillini.com/media/paper736/news/2006/02/20/Features/Tim-Reynolds.Concert.Draws.People.Nationwide-1619754.shtml?sourcedomain=www.dailyillini.com&MIIHost=media.collegepublisher.com&page=2

Also...the download for the show should be available in the next few days from www.undersoundradio.com

When it is, a rep from that website will post it to the boards.

And a DVD is being worked on as well...when that comes together, yall will be the first to know.

Cheers,

K.
Go to Top of Page

Katchoo
Try A Little Harder

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  1:59:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chr35919

Hey I was at the show last night....great time. The crowd was bummed because we all had to sit on the floor. The venue was an old post office turned into a community center. Weird place to say the least. I sat about a foot from the stage. Tim came out in a tu-tu it was crazy.

Anyway, Jason Webley(the guy that opened) had a really great acoustic song that I'm looking for. Anyone have it? Not sure of the title but if you have the set it's one of two acoustic songs. The rest are all on accordion. He was interesting to say the least. He has so much talent but puts it out there in a weird way. He is an aquired taste. The song I'm looking for was in the middle of his set. Thanks to anyone that can post it or has access to the whole show and can show me where to find it!

Chris

---just read above posts about the crowd and saw that mine might be misleading. The crowd was great. Everyone was really into Tim's set. The only thing was that the tickets said the show was going on at 8. Webley didn't come on till around 9:30....and by the end of that everyone's back was aching from sitting there. Tim came on at around 10:30. The people at the venue wouldn't let us get lawn chairs that were in the back room. Would have made the experience that much better. But I still can't believe I was three feet away from Tim.

Sorry about the miscommunication. The tickets said that the doors open at 8, show starts at 9. And the chairs...we only asked that people hold off until the we could get a better feel of whether or not it would be standing room only. But we totally didn't expect you all to sit on the floor. I personally would have disliked standing for two hours or so over sitting on the floor. But a few folks wandered over and got some chairs eventually.

Glad you had a good time. And the song from Jason's set is a new one...but he said the he will post it to his website as a song of the day very soon. www.jasonwebley.com The recording of gig will have a separate download for Jason's stuff...so it will be on there.

See you in cyberspace.

Cheers,

K.
Go to Top of Page

dan.blah
Is Anybody Here?

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  5:32:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit dan.blah's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hey all, i am glad you all enjoyed the webcast. it was an awesome live show to be at.

i am that guy who has the recorded file and set up the the sound for the show. i have the file mastered but looking at fluffy's set list and listening to the show am having a bit of a hard time tracking it. i am guessing some of the tracks sound like they are the same song/intro when he just rolls right into songs. for my site i dont usually track songs and just post up one large mp3. i wanted to post a flac tracked set to archive.org also and was wondering once i have the mp3 up on my site if anyone would listen and send me the cue points for the different songs?
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  5:43:24 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
if you're willing to send me the raw file, I could track and flac it. Or there are others here who could do it probably more expertly than I could.

Anywho, thanks for everything you've done! I do hope you'll do a flac version also, if you do mp3 mainly.

Thanks!!!

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

dan.blah
Is Anybody Here?

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  6:58:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit dan.blah's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i have no problem doing a flac set, but the raw file is a 16bit 44000 wave that is around 3GB. it would be a long send with a 20KB upload from my computer.
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  7:49:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

OnlySuperstition
Chatterbox

150 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  09:01:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The tu-tu(sp) was a nice touch. When the levee breaks and roundabout. Two great songs. Hope TR brings that treat to PA/NJ/NY.

Slaughter, a word to live by....
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  4:00:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
LET"S GET THIS SHOW OUT THERE! NOW DAMMIT, NOW! AHHAHA

Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  8:30:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
haha jared,. you better do the same damn thing with your multicam mixes!!!!

WHAT

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  11:10:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey OnlySuperstition, are you going to be at the Lancaster show?

Anyone else going to Lancaster? I got my tickets and I am counting down the days.

Go to Top of Page

FightTheGoodFight
Is Anybody Here?

7 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  6:28:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a sample of the audience recording:

Right click, save as:
http://s92972253.onlinehome.us/tim/tim%20reynolds%202.18.06%20tape%20sample.mp3
Go to Top of Page

FightTheGoodFight
Is Anybody Here?

7 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  6:29:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will upload the rest of the aud recording to archive overnight. Peace.
Go to Top of Page

Batstone
Chatterbox

Canada
281 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  8:57:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Batstone's Homepage  Send Batstone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
nice cant wait to hear this

www.myspace.com/adambatstone
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  10:36:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I might go Pam, despite going to March 1 2 and 3...not that you'd want to meet me...

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  11:16:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I might go Pam, despite going to March 1 2 and 3...not that you'd want to meet me...

LOL Of course I would.....but I am not sure I am going to make the show after all. I have a lot going on right now and since the guy who is opening said he pre-sold over 200 tickets, ya know the place will be full of non-TR people. I looked at the venue's web site and wasn't all that impressed. I know it's TR, but I felt like I was at the show in Urbana, with all my "cyber" friends so I don't feel I missed out on this tour. I just don't think I feel like dealing with the added stress of driving out there for a show right now.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  5:55:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
On another message board I heard this described as the "creepiest" venue that patron had ever attended. LOL It was certainly one of the most unusual venues we have ever played. But we were treated so well. Everyone there was AWESOME!!! THANX for a great TIMe!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Katchoo
Try A Little Harder

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  6:54:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

On another message board I heard this described as the "creepiest" venue that patron had ever attended. LOL It was certainly one of the most unusual venues we have ever played. But we were treated so well. Everyone there was AWESOME!!! THANX for a great TIMe!

I can totally see that....what with the super friendly staff, non-hostile, super chill, environment and the 9 year old girl working the lights....hell, our venue has a strong record of showing up on most visitors "top ten places you never want to take your mother to" lists.

But someone did have a weird reaction to our place that night. They decided that they needed to smash up one of the art pieces that was hanging on our wall during Tim's encore...never had that happen before...twas a bummer...and a bit of a shock. Now that qualifies as creepy in my book.

Back to happy thoughts...

I don't know if it was posted somewhere else on the boards, but here are the downloads for the show:

Here is video:
http://web.mac.com/r.keller/iWeb/Jason%20and%20Tim/Jason%20and%20Tim%20Photos.html

And here is audio:
http://undersoundradio.com/files/

And hey...if you're the adventuresome type, you can come an join us for our intercounty arts & music festival and form your own opinion of our place. (Our venue is hosting the official afterparties for the three day event.)
http://www.40north.org/events/festival.html

So I guess we don't suck that much.

Later gators,

K.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  7:11:07 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Katchoo,

Thanks for all the offerings! Audio, video, pictures... great!

A few questions... Any chance we can save the videos some way?

Also, since you have mp3 audio, is there a chance you can share the wav (or flac) version? If you'd be so kind as to give it to even one person (yes, I'd be happy to be that person , I'd be happy to share it and upload it to the archive for everyone to download.

Thanks again, looks like a great video, and audio, and all that. :) :)

Oh I meant to say... the video page, the background image has 02/08/06... I think it's 02/18/06, but that's just based on this thread title, so maybe it's right and this is wrong. Not a big deal either way.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Katchoo
Try A Little Harder

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  7:31:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry about that...I forgot to add..these clips aren't the official footage stuff that the DVD is made from. As soon as I get my hot little hands on em, I will shuffle them Fluffy's way to post up for downloadsing. But I will certainly reach out to the guy who made those clips and get back to you all.

Cheers,

K
Go to Top of Page

FightTheGoodFight
Is Anybody Here?

7 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  7:45:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be releasing my audience recording in FLAC in the coming days. Why was the other recording released in mp3?
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  8:23:54 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FightTheGoodFight

I will be releasing my audience recording in FLAC in the coming days.
Cool, I can't wait!

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

Katchoo
Try A Little Harder

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  6:39:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

quote:
Originally posted by FightTheGoodFight

I will be releasing my audience recording in FLAC in the coming days.
Cool, I can't wait!

Hey so I talked to Dan, the guy who did the soundboard recording and he says to email him about getting the raw file. It's supposed to be like 5 gigs or something. Does this webstite still have those FTP server deals going on? You may want to point him to that stuff to get the ball rolling.

dan.blah(nospam @)gmail.com

Peace yall...I'm outtie
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  6:46:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have room and time, Jason, if you want me to handle it. I can drop dan a line tonight.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  9:46:09 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erich

I have room and time, Jason, if you want me to handle it. I can drop dan a line tonight.

Do it up man! = show for me, no work involved. ;) me = lazy
Go to Top of Page

FightTheGoodFight
Is Anybody Here?

7 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2006 :  6:13:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was a DVD of this show ever released?

I would like to get in touch with the video taper and synch up the aud audio, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  4:52:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have beeen emailing the lady, she hasn't been responding lately. I'll email her again.

Go to Top of Page

FightTheGoodFight
Is Anybody Here?

7 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  8:34:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's her email? I'd like to get in touch regarding audio for the DVD.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000