10/18/06 Two Stick Oxford, MS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  07:08:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey all, We had a great show tonite in Oxford. I was quite relieved since EnthuTIMsiast has waited so long for a performance he could walk home from. LOL We packed the place and everyone seemed to enjoy it quite a bit. I will leave the proper review to Jason as he can do it justice much better than I. The setlist for the evening looked something like this:

Identity Reinforcement Patterns
Buffalo Soldier
Betrayal
Chatterbox
The Truth
Che
Indoctrinate
False Profits And Blue Footed Boobs
--------------------------------------
Stranger
Hands Full
Doom
Fear or Bones
High In The South
Hold On
---------------------------------------
A Little Love Goes A Long Way
Dreaming
Kundalini - Baptism In Snakes
----------------------------------------
Flourescence
Ancestors
Ocean
Stream - Stuffed Turkeys....gobble gobble
------------------------------------------
Heart of the Monkey
All You Need Is Love
Flowmax Blow Max(side effects include)

So it looks to me like most everything was played but not necessarily in the order it was listed. Stream was earlier in the set and included the Led Zep medley. Hold On was at the end of the set, before the encore which consisted of All You Need Is Love and what I thought was a improvised blues piece with the lyrics "Take Your Clothes Off". I asked TR about it after the set and in formed me it was an improvised piece, BUT from back in the TR3 daze. He couldn't remember all the words but he performed it quite well with the slide and some vocal sounds mimicing the slide parts. VERY KEWL! The blues TR has been listening is starting to show thru more during the set. It had been making alot of appearances at soundchecks with TR performing some of his standards with a BLUES backdrop. Quite interesting to say the least. Blues takes on TR tunes. NEAT! Speaking of, Jason can correct me if I am wrong here, but I seem to recall TR sneaking a blues break into Chatterbox tonite as well. Buffalo Soldier was a interesting tonite as the entire room hummed along with it. Very unique. Well those are the highlights. Much to my dismay tonite was NOT recorded to my knowledge. Phew!!! Glad I didn't review the show. LOL

THANX to Chad, Allison, Adam and Lee for taking such great care of us and greeting us with open arms. WE look forward to a return visit to the Two Step. Oh and by the way, if you get a chance to eat at Two Stick, DO IT! The food was amazing. Fantastic sushi, some of the most unique sushi creations I have every seen on a sushi menu. I had the rebel which was crab, cream cheese and bacon. YUMMMMM! The highlight of my meal was Mr Phat's Vietnamese Flank Stank. I am told anything with Mr Phat's name on it is a house speciality. Huge menu so stop by many TIMes. I hope to!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  7:36:51 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As Fluffy said, the setlist was followed technically, but not even nearly in that order. I don't remember the order, and I don't guess it makes a ton of difference... :)

There were interesting facts about this show. The venue is small. But they packed us in there... the town being what it is, the crowd was very loud, but not particularly rowdy... one guy whose nose I wanted to introduce to my fist kept yelling for "DON'T DRINK THE WAAAATER!!!!" A few people yelled Stream, but really I didn't notice that as obnoxiously as usual. One guy was yelling random stuff, like Little Wing (hey, I was for him on that one)... But aside from these few things, it was just loud in there... TR put his fingers in his ears a few times and spoke into the mic.

While on the topic of audience, it seemed to me they actaully for the most part liked music! When TR played Buffalo Soldier (which was in fact [I'm going to guess] 5 songs into the set [not second]) the crowd was EYeyeyy-eyyeyy ey, ey ey ey, eyeyeyey -ing along with the music, and it sounded awesome. And the encore, All you Need Is Love was cool with the best audience participation I've heard, too.

Fluffy has mentioned the lean toward blues lately... one place I thought it was particularly amazing was in Chatterbox, one of the songs we're all pretty darn familiar with... during the last 2/3, he just went all blues-y on it, and played it with the slide.. it was just dirty, and I loved it.

There were a few new ones to me, but ones he's played lately. Fear, which was a pretty neat song. Ancestors (or something) which I think has been mentioned as a cover was great. My money would probably go to Stream, though, because of the intro... like Fluffy and I discussed last night... as soon as he and I heard that first lick in the new intro to Stream, we both knew... no one else did, but we did. And for all those aching to hear Stream, it was like a little "I-know-something-you-don't-know" thing... I got to enjoy it that much longer. Ha, suckers. What I liked about it, though, was going from Stream to Kashmir, which is not new, but THEN the whole Zeppelin medely, which I LOVED. Even my girlf recognized some of the songs. :)

It was hotter than a merf in this place...

This is how close I was to TR. Stage was probably 1.5ft tall, and I was just off the mic to TR's left. Perfect. I was actually in front of the audience speakers, so I didn't even get deafened by those speakers. Rew said it was mind-numbingly loud however, which I guess was necessary to cover for the drunks.

Ha, classic.

The encore was cool, with TR removing his shirt and singing "Take your clothes off" which Fluffy told me was an old TR3 song.

I'm not even going to take a stab at reorganizing the selist. I will, however, give you some pictures. :)

I'd like to say, while I expected Two Stick (the venue) not to be able to handle the crowd and such, everything was fantastic. The people were nice, everyone got what they wanted, and I hope a lasting venue choice was made. As for being on the guestlist, never have I been so well treated... often "guestlist" people mean "overflow" people, and we'll get stuck where we get stuck. These guys would have probably cleared a path for us to get front and center if we'd have asked. Weird to be treated so pleasantly in my "home"town. And great. Thanks Two Stick.

Oh and I worked merch, and that was cool. I've sometimes covered for Fluffy to go and do stuff, but last night I straigt up opened the table and closed the table, and sold a bunch of stuff, too. :) Fun.

Later dudes.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  9:23:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great reviews guys! Thanks for the pics too. Sounds like it was a really good if not loud show. Onward! Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  02:46:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The pics look great Jason! Thanx for the awesome review. Hope to see you in Lafayette tomorrow nite. Missed a great show tonite but an equally loud crowd so Lafayette is prolly the right choice for your next visit to our world. Peace and Safe Travels!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  03:59:20 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Great reviews guys, and Jason, some really great pictures there, your best yet I'd say! Sounds like you had a blast!

On another note, I love Tim's crazy setlist names, I always have, but some of these names take the cake:

False Profits And Blue Footed Boobs???

Baptism In Snakes
Stuffed Turkeys....gobble gobble
Heart of the Monkey
Flowmax Blow Max(side effects include)

Fucking Great. I love it.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  06:54:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ditto on the awesome pictures Jason.

Ya'll have fun in Lafayette tonight! Give my best to Keith!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  07:54:39 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It was my girls camera, and on it the ISO is super easy to adjust, so that's why these pics are better than usual. I like her camera a lot. Canon SD600.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

jsemon2
Yak Addict

USA
920 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  4:33:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsemon2's Homepage  Send jsemon2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
did you get any of them in high res jason or are they all that lower dpi?

OUT FOR LUNCH
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  5:08:17 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jsemon2

did you get any of them in high res jason or are they all that lower dpi?

please, I never take lower dpi. They're not full res for the camera, but each pic weighs in at about 1.5mb or so....

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  9:40:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My attempt to disgard the new spam I'm moving this back up to the top. And where is the review from New Orleans I have been hoping for that... I know the guys are prolly busy driving:)Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000