01/25/08 Visulite Theatre Charlotte, NC TR3
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2008 :  05:55:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here is a review from one of the DMB message boards:

http://antsmarching.org/forum/showpost.php?p=7039518&postcount=38

I thought it was one of the rockinest of the TR3 shows so far. The crowd was to die for. The were enthusiatic and dancing their asses off. The band really fed off it and gave it 110% which amounted to a blistering 2 1/2 hour set after being up since 6 am. Quite amazing since TR had had a emergency root canal earlier in the day. Yes, thats right, that's what I said. A root canal! YOUCH! TR had visited a dentist the day we left on TouR and they informed him that he would prolly need a root canal when the TouR was over. The pain became so overwhelming and all encompassing that we had to book an emergency root canal for the morning of the Charlotte show. We had to leave Greenville at 7 am to get to Charlotte in TIMe for the root canal. Kudos to TR for making it as long as he did with almost no complaining whatsoever. And amazing that he could have a root canal earlier in the day and then come out just a few hours later and rip it up with such vigor. I asked him about it and as bad as the root canal was it IMMEDIATELY relieved the pain and he was ready to rock out. I am sure no one could tell that he had just had a root canal. In fact noone really knew how much pain he was in at the previous shows. He really is a true professional and an absolute pleasure to work with. Anyway, the setlist looked like this:

Ohio
Indoctrinate
Natural Mystic
Kabbalah
Four Stix
Jesus Is Just Alright
Tribulation
All The Critics
Caveman
Skeleton Walls
Souls
Backdoor
Industrial
Slippin Into Darkness
Donkey Bong
Sex Machine
Purple Rain
Hocus Pocus
Move On Ahead
Trippin On You
Whole Lotta Luv
------------------
Don't Know What
Soul Sac

Set was pretty much as printed with a few changes. Sex Machine was actually played in between Industrial & Slippin and See You In Your Dreams was added to the set between Hocus Pocus & Move On Ahead. Don't Know What and Soul Sacrifice were not encores, they became the end of the set and an encore of How Many More Times was added.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

Robbman
Is Anybody Here?

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2008 :  10:03:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Phenomenal show. After many failed attempts to get to the Visulite to see Tim solo (oddly enough, Tim seemed to hit town when I had prearranged plans), how fitting that my first show was TR3 instead. A real treat. Tim sang more than I imagined he would, and that scruffy voice works fine. As long as I can see him wail on the guitar like only he can, then who cares?

Trippin' On You and Sex Machine were personal highlights.

Great band you've assembled there Tim. Look forward to hearing more.

That root canal story says a lot about Tim and what he does for the love of playing live.

Fluffy thanks for the props over at Ants btw, and thanks for all you do. Thanks to Tim and the boys for rockin it out at the Visulite. Can't wait for the next show.
Go to Top of Page

nambi51277
Is Anybody Here?

3 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  12:11:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Visulite show was smoking!!! This was my third time seeing Tim live here. Some pics from the show can be found here - http://picasaweb.google.com/nambi51277/20080125TimReynoldsTR3.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  03:05:45 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Absolutely AMAZING pictures. Thanks so much for sharing.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000