Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2001 :  2:25:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey figured what the hey, why not start a thread where we tell each other a bit about ourselves beyond our mutual love of Tim. I'll go first!

Name - Isaac (big suprise!)

Age - 19

Birthday - January 2nd

Location - Madison, Wisconsin (yeah, cheese now shut the fuck up ;)

Work - American Family Insurance - Data Entry

School - Herzing College of Technology - Computer Networking Technology

Fav. Movies - American Beauty, Shawshank Redemption, Usual Suspects, Snatch, Pulp Fiction.

Fav. Bands/Artists - Dave Matthews, Tool, Deftones, Ben Folds, Queen, TMBG, The Verve, Travis, Radiohead, Coldplay, SRV, Incubus

Instruments - Played guitar for a bit over a year, I dick around with my keyboard sometimes, and i've got a few hand drums. Sometimes i go to my friends house and suck on his bass (not literaly)

I guess thats a good start, what about YOU!

Isaac

"Father up above, why in all this hatred do ya fill me up with Love, Love Love..."

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2001 :  3:03:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My name is Jeff. I'm a capricorn. I enjoy long walks on the beach and romantic dinners and dancing...

Hehe no really...

I'm 21/senior at Clemson University in S.C. majoring in Psychology. I hate the state of South Carolina with all of my sould, so I will be promptly moving back home to good ol' Hotlanta upon my graduation. I'm a total movie buff so I could never narrow down what my fav. movies are... but they certainly would include Braveheart, Gladiator, Matrix, Ferris Bueler's Day Off, Patriot, Any Schwartzenegger movie (classics!), The Game, Usual Suspects etc etc etc....
Bands are easy: DMB, Timmy, Pink Floyd, STP, SRV, Clapton, Pearl Jam, Days of the New, BNL, Zeppelin and on and on...
Istruments have been varied... I started off on the piano and hated it. Moved on to the sax... hated it. I finally picked up a guitar about 6 years ago and have been humping it every day since. I pretty much spend most of my spare time either playing guitar, watching movies, or playing pool. And that's me in a nutshell. What about YOU!
-J

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2001 :  3:35:36 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey, my name is Adam. I'm from Marion, Iowa. I'm 19 years old, born on April 11th '82. Looking for a job right now. My girlfriends name is Gina, and we've been together 2 years on August 16th. She's korean and shes hot ;-) ANd I have NO IDEA what she's doign with my sorry ugly ass!
My favorite movies include, but are not limited to, the big lebowski, office space, gladiator, any steven segal movie (sad isn't it?), mallrats, clerks, dogma, etc..., any movie with kevin spacey or russel crowe, they're pretty cool. I like tons of different music. My favorite band right now would have to be Disturbed, I'm always in the mood to put a TR CD in the CD player, I like Metallica, Deftones, Tool, APC, Blues Traveler, Live, SRV, David Gray (He's the man), Alice In Chains, I used to be a huge DMB fan, but Everyday really disappointed me, and I'm hoping that the DMB's new live album will rekindle my fondness for them, but as it is I haven't listened to them for a long time. I like a lot of other stuff, but that's just a short list. I've played guitar for around 8 years, I play acoustic solo at one gig, singing and playing oringal songs, and playing instrumental stuff, and I have another gig with my electric band. We're harder, along the lines of the harder stuff I listed above. I play a little bass, and I've been messing around with my newly acquired keyboard a lot. I like to play N64 and watch movies and old Seinfeld reruns. And I think Dave Atell is just about the funniest man alive.

Peace,
Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2001 :  4:14:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Name - Take a guess

Age - 20

Birthday - 7/26

Location - NY

Work - NYCBoard Of Ed - Company Bitch

School - I work at Bryant High School, and i'll be applying for 5 Towns college soon.

Fav. Movies - 12 Monkeys, The Wall, Fight Club

Fav. Bands/Artists - Pink Floyd, Metallica, The Cure, DMB, BNL, Tori Amos, Jethro Tull, Tim Reynolds, Elton John, Sting, The Gathering

Instruments - Lots of guitar. Be on the look out for recordings, theyre coming soon

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2001 :  7:47:33 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Name - Jason

Age - 23, Feb 6

Location - Oxford, Mississippi

Work - Haha. No really, a college bookstore and an office supply store for now, but in a couple of weeks who knows. Just trying to pay the bills right now, and still get to go on trips.

School - Technically, none. Just graduated from The University of MS with a BS in Biology. (A whole lot of BS in biology.)

Fav. Movies - Usual Suspects, Groundhog Day, The Quest For The Holy Grail, Shawshank Redemption, Fallen, Almost Famous, Office Space, Fight Club, Princess' Bride, Young Frankenstein, Lord Of The Rings. I give up, that's all of which I can think.

Fav. Bands/Artists - Tim Reynolds, Dave Matthews, Leo Kottke, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, The Cure, Korn, NIN, System of A Down, Al Green, various rap at various times (Juvenile, Snoop Dogg, Notorious B.I.G), Natalie Merchant, Tears For Fears, Charlotte Chruch, Ozzy Osbourne is cool, Tenacious D.

Fav. Albums - Gossip Of The Neurons and Nomadic Wavelength (TR), Zoso and III (LZ), Live At Luther College (DMB).

Fav. Books - Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow, The Missing Piece Meets the Big O, Contact, Dune, Lord of the Rings, Travels by Michael Crichton, Flatland, East Of Eden.

Life Enjoyments - Hiking, rock climbing, burning cds (of the legal variety) to trade, listening to music every second I'm awake, funny stuff (Far Side, slapstick movies, Comedy Central, South Park, Simpsons, News Radio), expanding my horizions (aka, doing new things), travelling, relaxing, colleting things (pens, cds, books, hiking equipment that I rarely use [but is quite functional], free t-shirts), explaining things in harder words than are necessary, surprising people in a good way.

Instruments - Piano when I was little, hated it, remember none of it. Guitar since about Feb 2001. 6 string Martin Sigma (yeah, the cheap one) and 1986 Alvarez 12 string, in KOA that is stunningly beautiful, and makes even me sound good at some times.

-Jason-
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2001 :  12:07:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gosh I feel like we're becoming one big happy family!

Well anyways,

Charles Coffelt, go by Ben, middle name and all!

I'm 17, Senior in Highschool
Work for Kram Endeavors, which means McDonalds!
I've been playing the guitar for about a year now, mainly DMB and Tim, but my tim repitore (?spelling?), is somewhat lacking!
I play the piano as well.
Birthday 11/12/1984.
Live in Roseville, California. Just outside of Sacramento in this stinking hot ass valley.

Fav movies: Snatch (on DVD double disc), Fight Club, I don't know what else!
Fav book: Lord of the Rings, Hobbit, Silmarillion, Yeah I'm into those crazy books! Fight Club is a good book too!

Oh I'm a Scorpio if you didn't catch that from my birthdate! Well I guess thats all I have to say! Oh and right now I should be studying for a math test, but I'm not so fuck Polynomials to hell!

Oh I'm also into German, but am not a Nazi!

Keep tapin and tradin.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2001 :  01:02:59 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yo.

Name - Kevin

Age - 19

Birthday - Dec 14

Location - Southern California!!

Work - All summer long I have been grinding and sandblasting metal for 8 hrs a day... ugh but when I go back to skool next week, I'm hoping to get a job at a record store (which I have done in the past).

Skool - University of California, Irvine (UCI)

Fav. Movies - Airplane!, Seven, The Game, Fallen, Full Metal Jacket...

Fav. Bands/Artists - Tim, Tool, Deftones, Marilyn Manson, Medeski Martin & Wood, Bela & da 'Tones, Chris Whitley, Jackopierce, Guster just to name a few

Instruments - Just barely learning the guitar. But I can fart all day long, does that count?

Go to Top of Page

jsoldo
Administrator

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2001 :  5:09:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsoldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here we go:

Name - Jon Soldo

Age - 20

Birthday - 6-6-81

Location - Long Island, NY, dont let the island part fool you, its a *&#$ hole

Work - I do websites, maybe you've seen one of em

School - NYIT, computer science major

Fav. Movies - my whole dvd collection is too many to name, A simple plan is awesome though

Fav. Bands/Artists - Tim, Guster, Dave (less everyday), incubus, tool, zep, 311, ralph towner, ect...

Instruments - Guitar guitar guitar

thats all
peace
jon

Timmah!
Go to Top of Page

jid1019
Is Anybody Here?

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2001 :  5:23:35 PM  Show Profile  Send jid1019 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Name - Isaac (Yes there are two on this board!)

Age - 22

Birthday - October 19

Location - "Hard Hittin'" New Britain, CT

Work - The Hartford Insurance Group (the other Isaac's competitior) as a Project Manager

School - Did time at Central Connecticut State University where I attempted a few timmy tunes at the open mics.

Fav. Movies - Snatch, Seven, Tombstone, Office Space

Fav. Bands/Artists - Dave Matthews, Tim (but of course), Radiohead, Neil Young, The Monchichi's (work in progress)

Instruments - Guitars: Seagull S6 Cedar w/ iBEAM Active & a Epiphone Chet Atkins SST Standard Piano: Have one, don't use it anymore.

"If god wanted us to walk, he wouldn't have invented rollerskates." - Willy Wonka

"If you don't want to hit, or be hit, you shouldn't be playing this game." - Bobby Orr

"A very wise woman once said... ummm... I forgot" - Me in a drunken stupor

Go to Top of Page

James M.
Chatterbox

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2001 :  11:10:20 PM  Show Profile  Send James M. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
name- james

age- 16...i think im the youngest one here...

bday- 12-19...(live at chicago with tim was on my bday..sweet ass sweet)

fav movies- forrest gump-shawshank redemption

fav bands- dmb, tim reynolds, and eric johnson...thats about it...i usually get bitched at when asked what bands i like..

so lets see...ive been playing the guitar for 2 years now...i got started when my brother forced it into my hands...getting past the part where your fingers hurt like hell was torture...i kept thinking....this is gay as hell and it hate it....however..once i did pass that little obstacle...i began to play..ohh i dont know..id say more the i sleep..(over the summer that actualy became a reality)...so what really drove me to play guitar was dave....about the same time my brother taught me how to play guitar..he introduced this one cd to me.."live at luther colleg"????...who the hell are these guys..(i must say..at the time i hated almost all music...just seemed kinda pointless)..so i hear these songs and i began to spout of the same BS i always would after hearing someone new..(yes im very close minded)...ohh these guys suck..what a crappy song....(please forgive me!!)...however i can honestly say that now..im one of the biggest fans out there....i try to learn as many dave songs as i can...and well..learning a new timmy one is always a great feat....i had a guitar club concert the other day..(...i was voted vice president.....not because im popular..but because no one ran against me...ha..)...anyway....we were having guitar club registration and people would go in the chorus room and play to get people to sign up and pay their 5 bucks...soo every one else were too damn chicken to go first...sooo i hoooked up my crappy digital delay..(only 1.3 seconds of delay time..sighhh...im so deprived)..and this volume pedal which is actually not too bad....and at first i started off with some trademark timmy space sounds..and played letting go...and something i wrote...(afterwards i heard everyone was asking what the hell i was playing....fooooools)....then one of my friends came in and we jammed on tangerine..and lie in our graves..that was sweet...annywayyyy.....tomorrow this little band i started will be playing watchtower dave version....some stupid concert where we are the only non punk band...sighhh....ohh yes...i also play soccer....which ive been playing since i was 5...however...guitar has quickly replaced it...i now loathe soccer practice..and would prefer to just jam with my band all day long...school also seems quite the burden in my eyes....if only i could do what tim does...just play music alll the freaking time and make money....that would be the life....sooo thats me....and i think i check this message board everyday..but rarely post anything...i just enjoy seeing all the stuff u guys have to say.... you all rock....almost as much as tim...

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2001 :  1:06:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Name.........Jay

Age..........14 in a week...youngest true tim fan you'll meet...

Work.........ANything to land me ten bucks....

Favorite bands...DMB, Moon Boot Lover, Tim, SRV, Gordon Lightfoot, The Samples, Primus, Funky Meters, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Alex Bevan, and any bluegrass, folk, funk, blues, or classic rock I can get my little dirty hands on

Favorite Movies...Forest Gump, Fight Club ( although i forgot most of it cause i haven't seen it for a long time,)Blues Brothers.

Jay
Remeber, even my 54 year old dad likes Tim.
Go to Top of Page

Reese
Try A Little Harder

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2001 :  8:16:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Reese an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Name - Reese

Age - 19

Birthday - June 30

Location - From Tyler, Tx. but in Atlanta now

Work - N/A

School - Georgia Tech, Mechanical Engineering

instruments - guitar for like 4 years now, i don't know. i have a martin D-15 and a fender strat, but i haven't picked up the strat in years.

later,
reese

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2001 :  06:27:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy

Tim's Tour manager and head of security at the 9:30 Club in Washington DC where I also live and work in a record store called Orpheus.

B-day: Sept 22

Fave Music: Beatles, Beach Boys, Ron Wood, Flaming Lips, Monster Magnet, Rod Stewart & the Faces, Albert Strange, Fear Factory, Chris Whitley, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Britney Spears(thanx to Eura), Kyuss, the Dead(prior to '70), King Crimson, Hank Williams Sr, The Orb, Psychic TV, Throbbing Gristle, KK Null & Zeni Geva, Kiss, Motorhead, Deep Purple, Marilyn Manson, NIN, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, Francis Dunnery, Sonia & Disappear Fear, Milla, Einsturzende Neubauten, John Oswald & Plunderphonics, Simon & Garfunkel, Black Crowes, Soundgarden, Public Enemy, Al Green, Robert Johnson, Johnny Cash, Dionne Warwick, Woody & Arlo Guthrie, Fugazi, Minor Threat, The Meatmen, Hanoi Rocks, Sweet, Lords of the New Church, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Janes Addiction, The Who, and on and on and on!!

Fave Movies: Natural Born Killers(anything by Oliver Stone), Spinal Tap, Wizards, Restless Natives, Gregorys Girl, anything by Peter Greenaway(Zed & 2 Naughts, Baby of Macon, Drowning by Numbers) Clockwork Orange, 2001 a Space Odyssey, The Shining and anything else by Stanley Kubrick, The Incident, Barfly, In Cold Blood, Incident at Oglala, City of Lost Children, Delicatessen, Fight Club, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, Pow Wow Highway, The Phantom Tollbooth, Memento, Monty Python & the Holy Grail, What about Bob?, Stripes, Say Anything, Smoke Signals, Career Opportunities, Heavy Metal, The Wall, Closetland, Trainspotting, Vanishing Point, Bank Shot, all Planet of the Apes movies, Harold & Maude, Soapdish, Love & A .45, Funny Face, Great Rock N Roll Swindle, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Army of Darkness, Spawn, Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, The Commitments, Altered States, Body Double, and films by Ken Russell, the Coen Bros, John Waters, & John Hughes which are to numerous to name.

Fave Writers: Hunter S Thompson, Alexie Sherman, Charles Bukowski, Ayn Rand, Kurt Vonnegut

Fave Artist: Mark Rothko, Dali

For more details on MY LIFE, I have answered another post with alot more info for those interested.

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=326
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2001 :  11:42:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you fluffy!

Spinal Tap, Committments and all the other rock (music) movies you mentioned are some of the best!

Also, if anyone hasn't seen rocky horror, check it out!

Now if Tim came out wearing an outfit from that movie, to perform, I would, I don't know what I'd be.
Go to Top of Page

Baboonboy
Chatterbox

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2001 :  11:49:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Baboonboy's Homepage  Send Baboonboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Name: John

Work: District Parts Rep American Honda Motor Co.

School : Graduated, Oregon State University. Double Major Business Administration / Mechanical Engineering

Fav Movies : Blues Brothers, Office Space, Ronin, Heat

Music: DMB, Tim, Led Zeppelin, Tower of Power, Miles Davis

Instruments: Drums. Been playing for about 11 years

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2001 :  11:55:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Arthen, Tim actually came out on the Electric Trio tour in a diaper, boots, and sunglasses. That was pretty spectacular.

Peace & Keep the Faith Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Tommtn176
Is Anybody Here?

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2001 :  12:33:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Tommtn176 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey. I'm new on this board, and was looking at some older posts, and figured I should do this one :-)

My name is Tom Martin, i'm 19 and i'm from Missouri.

I go to the University of Missouri...I'm studying to be what I like to call a certain I don't know what

Fav bands- Tim, Dave Matthews Band, U2, Live, and other stuff along those lines. I'm really not into hard rock...I guess I just don't get it.

Fav movies- I like mobster/gangster type movies for some reason. Usual Suspects, any DiNero or Pacino movies, including Godfather, Scent of a woman...even movies like Analyze This. I'm, also into comedy stuff from guys like Sandler, Farely, etc...

I dabble in a little guitar, i have a crappy epiphone acoustic, thats about it.

Glad to be on the boards!
Tom

I once had a girl, or should I say she once had me
Go to Top of Page

jen-jen
Is Anybody Here?

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2001 :  12:51:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, here goes nothing.....

Real Name: Jen (I'm sure ya'll are real suprized by that one!)
Sex: Female (Again, a suprize right?)
School: University of Oregon - graduating this June!
GO DUCKS!
Major ~ General Science
Minors ~Physics, Chemistry and Business
Email: jennifer_brewer@hotmail.com

Favorite Movies:
Office Space, Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Seven, The Game, The Wizard of Oz, Friday, Strange Brew, Fight Club, Shawshank Redemption, Good Will Hunting, What about Bob?, There's Something About Mary, American Beauty, Devils Advocate, Weekend at Bernies(both), Galaxy Quest, Ace Ventura Pet Detective, Liar Liar, Dumb and Dumber, The Princess Bride, Clerks, Austin Powers (both), Big Daddy, Election, Unbreakable, Pretty Woman, The Gnome Mobile, Toy Story 1 & 2, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Labrynth, Forest Gump, Nothing to Lose, The Lion King, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Matrix, The Princess Bride, Alice in Wonderland, Titanic, The Sixth Sense, Armageddon, Tommy Boy, Goonies, and Wayne's World.....just to name a few. Maybe it would be easier for me to name the movies that I don't like.............

Music Other that Timmy:
DMB!!!!, Snoop Dog, Too Short, 2 Pac, Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Eminem, Garth Brooks, Martina McBride, Shania Twain, Blink 182, Barenaked Ladies, Poe, Everclear, Live, Mariah Carey, Incubus, The Beatles, Sarah Maclaughan, Guster, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Matchbox 20, Moby, Tool, Simon and Garfunkel, Nelly, and Led Zepplin....and many more I can't think of right now!

Fav. Foods: SUSHI, chicken cesaer salad, steak, shrimp, oysters, onions, mushrooms, lime Tostitos, cashews, and mint chocolate ice cream. CANDY :) Twizzlers, Snickers, Candy Necklaces, Lolipops, Pop Rocks, Bit 'o' Honey, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Jelly Bellys (buttered popcorn), anything watermelon flavored, Ring Pops, Boston Baked Beans, and Jordan Almonds (I like candy!).

Favorite Hobbies:
Playing the drums, golfing, tennis, billiards, softball, giraffe collecting, driving on scenic road trips, camping, making huge intricate sand castles, taking photographs, listening to music in my car, and shopping at Target and Old Navy when I actually have money.

My Meaning of Life:
Love yourself and make yourself happy in everything you do.

Well, that's all I can think of right now. Peace out!

Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2001 :  1:50:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wooo another girl! Glad to have ya Jen, you too Tom

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
Go to Top of Page

Micheal
Try A Little Harder

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2001 :  4:00:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Micheal's Homepage  Send Micheal an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Name: Michael Whitten
Born: 4/12/63 Dallas Texas

Movies: Tommy, Quadrophenia, The song Remains the Same, Stop Making Sense, Matrix, Fight Club, Sleepy Hollow, Edward Scissor hands, The City of Lost Children, SICK, Jurasic Park.. etc

Bands Artists: TIM, Rush, Zeppelin, Who, Joy Division, Bauhaus, Skinny Puppy, Legendary Pink Dots, SRV, YO YO Ma, Fionna Apple, Radiohead, Disturbed, Mudvayne, Tool, etc

WORK: Intel engineering technician

Instruments: Drums, Guitar (electric&acoustic&Bass), Vocals, Synth

Meaning of Life: "Were all going to Die"

Go to Top of Page

jenkins
Try A Little Harder

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2001 :  8:45:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
woah, tom. what are the odds... another missouri folk.

where at in missouri?

oh, yeah. i almost forgot.

• name: brian jenkins

• work: general manager, food & bev dept, st. louis zoo

• edumication: MIS major @ university of missouri - st louis

• age / bday: 20 (05/23/81)

• instruments: takamine 12-string acoustic, bentley 6-string acoustic/electric, dearmond m65c electric, 1966 gibson SG standard electric (just because i have them doesnt mean im any good...

• bands: dmb, timmay, bela fleck & co., led zeppelin, pink floyd, eric clapton, santana, jimi hendrix, billy joel, neil young, pmb, john mayer, u2, lynyrd skynyrd, reo speedwagon, doobie brothers, eric johnson, joe satriani, teancious d, et cetera

• movies: dogma, three stooges (i know, its not a movie), the big lebowski, office space, spanish prisoner, shawshank redemption, clerks, mallrats, chasing amy (yeah, im a kevin smith fan)

• websites i dig: timreynolds.com, nancies.org, ehowa.com, gotjenkins.com, etree.org, et cetera

it is what it is.

-jenks

quote:

My name is Tom Martin, i'm 19 and i'm from Missouri.

I go to the University of Missouri...I'm studying to be what I like to call a certain I don't know what

Fav bands- Tim, Dave Matthews Band, U2, Live, and other stuff along those lines. I'm really not into hard rock...I guess I just don't get it.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2001 :  9:24:16 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HAHA, Jen, Office Space RULES!!!

"If you could just do that... that would be greeeeeeaaaaat"

Go to Top of Page

rochee
Is Anybody Here?

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2001 :  9:45:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Name: Eric Roche

Sign: Gemini

Home: Good Ole' Whitewater, Wisconsin. Originally Lake Geneva, WI

Lately: I am a graduate Student at the University Wisconsin Whitewater

Fav Music: Tom Petty and his Heartbreakers, DMB, Radiohead, Timmy, Allman Brothers, Fleetwood Mac, Buffalo Tom, Black Crowes, and I must admit..... Bob Seger!!!

Movies: Hoosiers, Grapes of Wrath, Warriors (Come out too Plaaay) all the Rocky's, Ferris Buellers Day off, Roadhouse (Yeah thats right) Sneakers, and Legends of the Fall

Instrument: A little skin flute now and then JK

To sum me up: I love the outdoors,traveling, working with youth, playing basketball, deer Hunting,the Boston Celtics, and a cold bottle of Bud Light.

Go to Top of Page

MC
Try A Little Harder

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2001 :  03:32:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Name - Matt

Age - 19

Location - Northeastern Ohio

Work - Ohio University Student - majoring in audio production

Fav Movies - Blues Brothers, Seven Years in Tibet, Usual Suspects, Ghostbusters, Animal House, Caddyshack, 12 Angry Men

Fav Bands - Tim, Black Crowes, Radiohead, Bush, Ben Harper, Bob Marley, RATM, DMB, Widespread Panic

Instruments - Guitar and the Studio (one of those Phil Spector things)

Peace

Go to Top of Page

kramer73
Is Anybody Here?

9 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2001 :  02:44:23 AM  Show Profile  Send kramer73 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Name- Andy

Age- 28

Location- Madison, WI

Work- environmental lab

school- graduated from Univ Wisc Stevens Point

Fav Movies- all Kevin Smith flicks, Almost Famous, Fear and Loathing in LV, The Commitments, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Office Space, O Brother Where Art Thou?, Jim Carrey anything, Mike Myers anything...., anything with John Cusack, Usual Suspects, Star Wars, The Matrix

Fav Bands- DMB, TR, Howie Day, Garbage, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Nirvana, Oysterhead, Bela Fleck/Flecktones, moe., Widespread Panic, Tenacious D, Pearl Jam, MMW, the Word, Yonder Mountain String Band, Guster

Go to Top of Page

Isaac
Chatterbox

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2001 :  09:26:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wooo Madison, Representah!

Where are you in the Mad city Andy? Are you doing some post graduate work at the UW or are ya just working?

I'm over on the East Side, I live right where East Wash and Highway 30 connect (there's a Taco Bell at the corner of my road and East Wash).

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
Go to Top of Page

jen-jen
Is Anybody Here?

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2001 :  7:28:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the welcome Isaac, I'm happy to be here also!

KevinLesko....I absolutely loved Office Space. I've seen it about fifty times I think. "Um, I believe you have my stapler......"

:) JEN (:

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2001 :  7:42:23 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Music Other that Timmy:
DMB!!!!, Snoop Dog, Too Short, 2 Pac, Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Eminem, Garth Brooks, Martina McBride, Shania Twain, Blink 182, Barenaked Ladies, Poe, Everclear, Live, Mariah Carey, Incubus, The Beatles, Sarah Maclaughan, Guster, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Matchbox 20, Moby, Tool, Simon and Garfunkel, Nelly, and Led Zepplin....and many more I can't think of right now!

Man people can say theyre open minded to any kind of music, but you seem to really mean it....all I need to see are some blues and jazz in there and youve got it covered....oh yeah and Gregorian Chants.

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

shamrok
Is Anybody Here?

13 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2001 :  11:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Send shamrok an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Name: James (and no.. you can't steal my lucky charms)

Age - 19 (20 in Dec)

B-day 12/1

Work - notta

School - Oklahoma State University

Fav Movies - Don't have any really.. just kinda varies

Fav Bands - Timmah! some Zeppelin, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, STP, older dmb stuff.

Instruments - been playing guitar for about a year... started on a Takamine Jasmine(aka crap), and now I have a Martin DxM(aka the plastic Martin they forgot to stamp "Sigma") and a 01 Epiphone Les Paul Custom with some PAF's stuck in it.

but yep.. I guess Tim's the reason I really picked up a guitar.... don't think I've heard anyone else that lets the guitar do the singing and everything else

Go to Top of Page

Inky
Is Anybody Here?

24 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2001 :  12:02:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Name - Mark Domyancich
Age - 20
Birthday - March 8
Location - western Illinois
Work - lookin'!
School - was a lame-o community college but I got fucking sick of it and decided to take some time off until I can afford going to a university
Fave movies - The Birds, Psycho, American Beauty, Blazing Saddles, Superstar
Fave bands/artists - Tim, Joni Mitchell, Katell Keineg, DMB (old, before they sucked), Phish, Grateful Dead (65-81, 77 was the best), 10,000 Maniacs, bluegrass, Medeski Martin & Wood
Instruments - guitar for about 6 years, piano (little) dulcimer, like to learn drums someday

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2001 :  04:11:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"We've noticed you have been missing alot of work"

"Well, I wouldn't say I've been missing it!"

Office Space Rules!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

krystal
Try A Little Harder

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2001 :  2:52:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Name - Krystal

Age - 24 next Friday

Birthday - November 23

Location - Memphis, Tennessee

Work - I work as a church secretary. Really.

School - I am a full-time graduate student getting my Master's degree in Counseling.

Fav. Movies - Mission: Impossible 2, Braveheart, Clueless

Fav. Bands/Artists - Dave, Tim, Creed, David Gray, Enya

Fav. Books - Books are those things in a library, right? Well, I'm allergic to libraries.

Life Enjoyments - traveling---anywhere, anytime. Going to concerts. Talking on the phone for hours. Drinking mochas. Making people happy. Doing artsy/craftsy stuff. Music.

Instruments - Piano. Since my piano is in Kansas and I am in Tennessee it makes this activity quite difficult. I played the clarinet in jr. high. The drums for one semester in high school.

Go to Top of Page

courtney1284
Is Anybody Here?

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2001 :  4:06:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit courtney1284's Homepage  Send courtney1284 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone..I'm new here :I
My name's Courtney, I'll be 17 in a couple of weeks (on 12/8).

I live in Willow Grove, which is a suburb of Philadelphia..I'm a junior in high school and I work part-time at a Jaguar dealership.

Besides Tim, I listen to bela fleck(& the 'tones), john mayer, howie day, devon, phish, and lots of dmb. And since everyone else shared their favorite movies, I guess I will too..I like Shawshank Redemption, Blues Brothers, and Top Gun. I play the piano, a little guitar, flute, and a little bit of sax and clarinet.

:)

~Court :)
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2001 :  4:07:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Name - Patrick

Age - 18

Birthday - February 25

Location - Los Angeles, CA

School - Loyola Marymount University (right by LAX airport)

Fav. Movies - Shawshank Redemption, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Office Space, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, etc.

Fav. Bands/Artists - Dave Matthews Band (not Everyday), U2, Collective Soul, Blues Traveler, and of course Tim

Instruments - Guitar for a year and a half, and counting.

"Hey. Stop stealing monkeys."
"Fuck you"
"Fair enough"

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2001 :  04:40:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Patrick, You are pretty close to my sister, she lives in Redondo Beach. I remember when we played LA we went by her house and it was really close to LAX. Just thought I would put that out there. Its a small world, Really!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Mellow Trippin
Is Anybody Here?

11 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2001 :  12:39:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
* Name Ryan
* Age 17
* B Day Feb 11
* Location Pittsburg Kansas,
* Work Drug tester lol
* School Pitssburg High School (were going to state in
football this weekend so wish us luck)

* Fav Movies American History X, Blow (sniff), Robin Hood Men IN Tights,Fight Club, Office Space (I'll give her my O face), anything with Chris Farley in it, Dazed and COnfused, Half Baked, Hurricane,
Saving Private Ryan, Saving Ryans Privates, Mallrats, Kids, SLC Punk,
Dirty Work, Any Given Sunday, Shakshank Redemp, American Beauty,

* Music Marley, Tim, DMB, Phish, Govt Mule, Lem Sheppard, RHCP, Green
Day, Nirvana, Tool, PErfect Circle, Muddy Waters, BB King, Big Pun,
Fuel, Weezer, Floyd, Doors, Garcia, Snoop, The Strokes, Staind,
Otis Redding, Allman Bros, Whitley, GC;s Special Sauce, Disturbed,
Black Crowes, Janes Addiction, Coldplay, so many more

* Hmm anything else ya I am mostly Irish but I love Italian food,
go figure my dad owns a Mexican Restaurant, mmmm partyies women and
friends and school take up most of my time besides a few other things
Oh and I know my entire future and what lies ahead thanks to a 4 thousand plus phone bill from the Dirty bitch Cleo, ahh damn islanders get me all the time

PEaCE

Another pitcher sir
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2001 :  05:46:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow!!! Topic #93, guess it was a while ago, maybe new members might like to read past entries and add their own. BACK TO THE TOP

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2002 :  01:10:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree, TIMe for some of the new Friends on the Space Pod to enlighten us on them. I think we have all left a response here so everyone else can get to know us a little bit better as well. See ya in the funny papers!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2002 :  01:30:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
WOW! This thread got shot down after enthuTimsiast brought it back up!

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2002 :  09:25:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey I figured I'd post on this thread too since im pretty new...

My name is Dave im 18, born in August 83. I have been living in small town, New Jersey my whole life. I am a frequent visitor to Charlottsville, VA. I am good friends with multiple musicians down there and I think it is an incredible place for people to play and write music.
I am currently unemployed because I totalled my car so I can't get to work, I have been making websites for clients though and making some extra cash. Should have a new car soon. One bit a great news is that I am moving to LA to try and do something musically in the summer, and no I don't believe "Im gonna move there and become famous" lol, that's what everyone dreams of. I have been playing guitar for a good 7 years now, I don't want to sound all 'high and mighty' but if I say so myself I'm really good. My main focus now is all about writing. It has been for the past 4 years, you get to a point where figuring out like Allman Bros. leads and like SRV songs gets old, even though you can ALWAYS learn something new from those amazing artists, I feel that creating is the most powerful and learnable thing to do on guitar. Ok I guess Im rambling, lol, I will post some of my acoustic cd up here, if I ever finish it.

-Dave
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1043 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2002 :  09:32:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Name - Dave

Age - 24

Birthday - August 20th

Location - Newark, DE

Work - Sr. Client Server Developer and Web Designer, First USA Bank

School - Wilmington College (DE) Bachelors of Science, MCSE, MCSD

Fav. Movies - The Crow, Star Wars 4-6, the Patriot, Braveheart

Fav. Bands/Artists - Tool, TIM, Flaw, DMB, Living Colour, Led Zeppelin, A Perfect Circle, Eric Clapton, Hendrix, Moist, Mazzy Star, For Love Not Lisa

Instruments - Guitar, but I suck at it.

-----------
Trade my life for a barrel of gold.
Find someone else before I get too old.
If I live my life for aesthetic gain,
will you repay me with all your pain?
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2002 :  09:46:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oh yea, i forgot to mention, incase anyone actually cares...

I left school after my sophmore year and got my GED later that year. I started just staying home and doing cpu stuff while my friends were at school and I leanred more on my own then I ever learned in High School. I then started working and crap and I never had an interest to ever go back to school, just for the fact that I want to beat the system, I think its ridiculous how a piece of paper can get you a lot farther then actually knowing more...
food for thought...
education forced upon, is like food forced upon, not all of it will stay down, you have to learn and teach yourself at your own pace.

-Dave
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2002 :  09:47:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
HOLY SHIT!?

hey Black Lotus, your name is Dave and your born on August 20th!!!?

whoa me too!
lol thats fucking weird!

-Dave
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2002 :  10:17:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

HOLY SHIT!?

hey Black Lotus, your name is Dave and your born on August 20th!!!?

whoa me too!
lol thats fucking weird!

-Dave

Nah, you just the only other cool person here. Will you be 25 this year though? See, I was born three days after elvis died - I am his reincarnation, mwahahahahah!

-----------
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2002 :  10:18:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ill be 19 this year
almost twins though
lol

-Dave
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2002 :  10:20:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Eh, close enough. I'll count it.

-----------
Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2002 :  7:19:32 PM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Name - David

Age - 14

Birthday - July 26th

Location - GA

Ocupation - Student

Fav. Movies -The Rock, Mission to Mars, American Beauty, Fight Club, Waynes World, Brave Heart, The Matrix, and Jurassic Park.

Fav. Bands/Artists - Dave Matthews Band, Tool, Tim Reynolds, Incubus (listening to them right now), Eric Clapton.

Instruments - I started playing guitar like 7 months ago, I'm doing pretty good so far. Hoping to get a bass in a couple of months for my B-day (can't wait!).

Well, that's abou it for me.
"When we get theeeeere, we're gunna fly so faaaaaaaaar away, making sure to laugh, while we experience anti-graaaaavityyyy" Incubus-Science: "Anti-Gravity", hehe.

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2002 :  7:27:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey some one my age! cool....

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2002 :  8:08:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

One bit a great news is that I am moving to LA to try and do something musically in the summer, and no I don't believe "Im gonna move there and become famous"

Where in L.A.?......or do you mean Louisiana....because I've had THAT conversation before. But I can assume you mean Los Angeles, because after all, everyone there is quite famous. I'm sure tericee can back me up on this.

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2002 :  8:28:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What's L.A. ??

-----------
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2002 :  12:03:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
los angeles

-Dave
Go to Top of Page

Black Lotus
Fluffy-Esque

1043 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2002 :  1:37:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Lotus's Homepage  Send Black Lotus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
rotfl .. nevermind

-----------
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  07:40:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
For the FNG's, care to enlighten us?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  12:05:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
FNG's???? Fa-laming New Guys?

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2002 :  2:02:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who are the Filet Mignon New Guys?

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  07:37:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fucking New Guys! Thats what we call nOObees at 9:30 Club!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  08:49:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't see any new guys around.

[checks room]

Nope, no new guys here.

No one understands me.
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  09:16:36 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You are a sly one MBS... LOL!

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  3:32:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Did it take as long as you thought?
-J

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  3:54:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
name: matt smiley
b-day- May 30th
school- riverheads high school
work- fisher auto parts
fav movies- matrix, monty python(anything), billy madison
fav bands- phish, dmb, victor wooten anything,
instruments- guitar, bass, banjo, mandolin, little sax, little harmonica, vocals, drums, piano...

that covers me to a tee there!

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  4:25:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll renew mine!

Name: Jason Tyler Wiegand
Work: Last year withoot!!
Birthday: September 23! Did you know that the 22nd and the 23rd are the two most popular birthdays?
Guitar:Ibanez AEG10
Hobbies: GEETAR!! Music, man! Reading, writing, talking.
Quote: Don't stand infront of me, don't stand beside me...don't stnd next to me, either! LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE!!!!!!

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  9:29:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
man Jay, i thought you were like a college person, that was always my image of you, until i just read your post. DAMN... And dirty sloth is like right up the road from me in roanoak, and like only a year older, fuckin amazing...

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  9:33:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
WHat made you think i was a college guy? Hehehe...folks can NEVER guess my age in public, cause i'm 6'2" and 200 pounds. It's fun!

Jay
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  9:42:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i don't know, just kinda assumed you were older, no idea why...

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  9:46:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Me and the Capt. are close, too! I introduced him to TR, and jsut aboot everything else............Oh well.......that's all part of growin up!!!

And another funny thing aboot my age...I am the youngest person to become a Yak Addict.....EVER!!! FUNFUNFUN!

Jay
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  9:58:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm only 16, so am I the second youngest to get Yak??????

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2002 :  02:14:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just looking back through this one... there are a lot of people that we haven't heard from in a while.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2002 :  3:28:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I've noticed that, too...i wonder what happened? Dick Mountjoy came back after a while gone...maybe these folks will, too!

Jay
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2002 :  7:42:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Doesn't seem like it. I mean, some haven't posted since September. And Isaac is gone for good.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  2:52:16 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I mean, some haven't posted since September. And Isaac is gone for good.

Haha. Welcome back, Isaac.

-What-
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  3:57:02 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Funny, it goes back to the old saying the two things that are for certain in life are paying taxes and death! Horrible thought, isn't it.

Go to Top of Page

powdrdogdmb
Chatterbox

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2002 :  3:43:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit powdrdogdmb's Homepage  Send powdrdogdmb an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Okay, here it goes

Name: Winston
Game: Student at the Karl-Franzens Universitaet in Graz,Austria ("Austria eh, well throw another shrimp on the Barbie!") on exchange for my last semester. When I get back in July I graduate with a degree in Biology and German w/ and minor in Chemistry from the University of New Mexico.
B-day:10-31-80
Occupation: Austrian Illegal Alien, professional grad. school applicant.

I could try to list my favorite movies but no one has enough time to read that WOB - even those that lurk here all the time. Go see 'In the Name of the Father' with Daniel Day Lewis, and I too love Office space.

Music other than TIM: Crosby, Stills, and Nash, Die Fantastaschen Vier, Led Zepellin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Gypsy Kings, The Beatles, Incubus, Stevie Ray Vaughn, B.B. King, Chet Atkins, Buddy Guy, Robert Earl Keen, Lyle Lovett, Dave Matthews Band, Ben Harper, Widespread Panic, Phish, Medeski Martin and Wood, Miles Davis, Los Lobos, Santana, U2, Pink Floyd, Wyclef Jean and the Fugees, India Arie, Dr. Dre, Jay-Z, St. Lunatics, Jazzmantic, Dashboard Confessional, Alice and Chains, Pearl Jam, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Tonic, Black Eyed Peas, Pharcyde, Bare Naked Ladies, Bob Marley, the Wailers (both with and w/o Bob [amazing show last February]), Sarah Mclachlan, Madonna, and them some... That's about the most random I could list them, kinda just STREAMed everything out, so I hope you get the picture.

Hobby's: Playing music, listening to music, writing music, skiing, Mt. Biking, camping, travelling, running with my dogs when I'm not on the other side of the globe, and hanging out with my friends. Musical

Instruments: Guitar, and I used to play 5 different woodwinds in a youth Jazz group...

"Everybody is just floating on rivers of light pointing into eternity"

Peace Be With
WBB

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  12:38:07 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hobby's: Playing music, listening to music, writing music, skiing, Mt. Biking, camping, travelling, running with my dogs when I'm not on the other side of the globe, and hanging out with my friends.

AND a degree in Biology?

You and I would get along just fine.

-What-
Go to Top of Page

powdrdogdmb
Chatterbox

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  9:34:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit powdrdogdmb's Homepage  Send powdrdogdmb an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Naw....that's just a gimick. We pre-screen all of our employees personally!

"And you know this....maaaannnn."

For those that don't know what movie this is from, you'd best ax somebody...

-WBB

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  9:45:13 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm gonna get you hiiiiiiiiiiiii today...

-What-
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  9:51:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What movie is that from? I've only go to the movies on Friday so I don't get to see many.
-J

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  9:56:44 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What are you going to see Next Friday?

-What-
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2002 :  10:48:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I dunno... but if it doesn't have Ice Cube or Chris Tucker in it I'm not going.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  06:28:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TR has really been talking up that new Chris Rock movie. He really wants me and Rew to see it. He keeps quoting it all the TIMe. He actually does a pretty funny CR impression.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  10:37:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What's the name of it?
-J

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  09:35:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Pootie Tang!!!

Ask me again, I will tell you the same!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  1:12:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What's the name of it?
-J

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  08:07:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Pootie Tang!

ask me again, I'll tell ya the same!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  08:12:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I thought it was Puddin' Tame.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  8:26:43 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Aww. And this used to be such a good thread.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2002 :  10:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Why? What happened to it? Did you leave it out in the sun?

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  1:35:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha, you know you ruined a thread when "aww. and this used to be a good thread." LMOA

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  08:24:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
pcbdmb said:
quote:
I thought it was Puddin' Tame.

Pootie Tang!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2002 :  04:50:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TTT for usefulidiot76, better known as Brandy, Bird, or even Shortstuff who posted a question asking about each of us. Don't forget to add yours here for future perusal. That goes for Sourgirl and any other new folk, or for that matter old folk who haven't contributed.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

SourGirl
Try A Little Harder

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2002 :  09:15:49 AM  Show Profile  Send SourGirl an AOL message  Reply with Quote
name- Amanda

age- 19

b-day- Jan. 12

location- Madison,IN

Work- Green Valley Health & Rehab

Favorite movies- True Romane, Pulp Fiction, and anything with Vin Diesel

Favorite Artist/Band- TR, DMB, Alice in Chains, STP, Tool,Blind Melon ,Silverchair , Veruca Salt, L7, Heart, Tori Amos, Live, Disturbed, Pear Jam, Nirvana, and so on and so forth

Instruments- I don't really play anything, I tried bass for awhile but I just never have any free time it feels like, but I really like it, one day I'm gonna be like flea or les claypool they both kick my ass.

And oh yeah by the way I am Neverkilladreams wife, crazy huh? lol

Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2002 :  11:54:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok.

Name: Joe

Birthday: April FOOLS day

Work: Guitarist/Writer/Performer/Entertainer

Other Hobbies: part time street magician, I also Do Computer Graphics, Website Design, Play Harmonica & Piano. And currently Learning to Sing. And entertaining my 2 year old Girl.

Favorite Movies: True Romance, The Princess Bride, Pulp Fiction, The Goonies, Brainscan...

Favorite Musicians and/or Styles: TIM Reynolds, Dave Matthews, Andreas Segovia, Neil Young, Local H, Fu-manchu, QOTSA, Tool, AIC, 17th Century Romantic Era Voilin, Modern Flamenco, Jazz/Fusion, John Maglothlin, Paco De Lucia, The Police, NIN, Blues Traveler, Silverchair, Greg Howard.... (those are taken from my CD Collection next to me)

(yea amanda i saw you)

Using The Force Daily...
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2002 :  05:57:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey NeKAD, April Fools Day, pretty kewl!! That is my parents anniversary. IT was either a big mistake or shrewd planning on their part. Half the people invited to the wedding didn't show because they thought it was a April Fools gag. HAHA Smart way to keep down expenses at your wedding. You can invite everyone that way, knowing half of them probably won't show. By the way, Teri's b-day is the day after yours, April 2nd. Thanx for contributing NeKAD and Sourgirl, I feel like I know you both just a little bit better now. Glad you guys are here amongst the crazys!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2002 :  11:34:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi My name is Arthen!

Birthday: Nov, 12
Location: Chico, California (Previously it was Sacramento, CA)
Work: Prently Unemployed
School: California State University, Chico -or- Chico State
Fav. Movies: Fight Club, Snatch, Dr. Strangelove, Shawshank Redemption, Lord of the Rings, and Braveheart.
Favorite Bands: Barenaked Ladies, Phish, DMB, Tim Reynolds and TR3, Zepplin, Nick Drake, Cat Stevens, The Who, John Lennon, The Kinks, Paul Simon, and Talking Heads.
Instruments: Piano and Keyboards since I was five. Guitar for two years. Some random drums. Mandolin for a couple of months.

About me: Last night, literally last night, I decided to master the Mandolin. I like to write songs, books, and poetry.

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  7:49:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TTT for Mary.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

usefulidiot76
Chatterbox

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  8:42:27 PM  Show Profile  Send usefulidiot76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Name: Brandy

Birthday: November 16th

Work: Singer/Guitarist---I'm in a band now...YAY!!!

Other Hobbies: skateboarding

Favorite Movies: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Pulp Fiction, The Crow....

Favorite Bands or Musicians: TOOL, QOTSA, Kyuss, Lowrider, Electric Wizard, Dozer, Fu Manchu, Local H, Silverchair, Nirvana (RIP Kurt), Alice in Chains (RIP Layne), Tim Reynolds, The Police, Rush, Bush, A Perfect Circle....

-brandy-
usefulidiot76@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  8:46:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Very kewl!!! Is the band you are in now called "YAY" or was that just a comment at the end of the statement? If it is not the name, what is the name of your band? Do we ever get to hear it?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

usefulidiot76
Chatterbox

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  8:53:06 PM  Show Profile  Send usefulidiot76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
no yay was a comment...we have some names in mind....but i am very picky. whenever we get enough songs written, my drummers dad said he would let us use his studio for FREE!!!

-brandy-
usefulidiot76@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  9:04:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's kewl, can't wait to hear something. What are the ideas for the band name? Wouldn't want you to end up with something stupid. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  9:04:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  1:43:06 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
useful idiot, you might consider

Prison Panties and a Bitten Lip

Or

Prison Panties and the Bitten Lips

Either of those would make a kick ass band name.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2002 :  02:54:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thought you might find this one interesting as well PJK. If you have some TIMe to read it all. Lots to read lately, Lots to read!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000